Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
"For the sake of gently caress" if you're feeling formal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Memento posted:

it's a pretty big prawn, I guess, but you're not going to compete with Australia's Big Things in this regard.

No six-gun 3/10.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

LISTEN TO THIS PERSON.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

darkwasthenight posted:

Is there a dating app for "ex-Tumblrite zoomer lesbians"? Because that would cover it.

Tumblr witches were fun - most of the time it was "this bitch is mocking my rituals/coping mechanisms for being inauthentic" drama and then some of the time it was "this bitch is stealing human remains to sell on ebay" drama.

:stare:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

What in the actual gently caress is an oomf

oomf-a loomf-a doopity-doon
i've got a hex to cast on the moon

oomf-a loomf-a doopity-dun
buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the sun

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Solar Tornado posted:

That whole thread is just Photoshop Phriday

And a better job of it than the SA forums have done in years.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Trapick posted:

Isn't the standard thing to do a couple waves of invites? Like invite group A, let them RSVP, now you know how many spaces you have left, invite group B, etc.

There's also something very funny to me about having three groups instead of two, when the instructions seem to be the same for B and C? They just want people to know where they are on the list I guess lol.

It's fairly standard but actually telling people "you're on the C list" is blisteringly rude and Not Done.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Every word of that thread is absolutely true and I genuinely wonder how much reading Heinlein's later works as an early teen hosed me up.

Not much I think, but how would I know?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

She's not toe-tapping someone else's shoes in an airport bathroom, so I can live with this.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pick posted:

sucking dick for free is the least bad thing larry craig ever did

That's true.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Always great when Mangosteen Actual gets clowned.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Danaru posted:

What's up with all the hour glasses?

Symbol of time, death, mortality. You see it on old headstones all the time if you ever tour historic graveyards.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

From the acclaimed author of "German Kids Were Also Sad During the Holocaust", "Some Insultingly Wrong Stuff About Trans Folk", and his continuing nonfiction series "I'll Sue You If You Tell Me I'm Wrong About Anything".

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

The school I teach at has had "separated" cans like this for a year and a half now. I teach Environmental Science and sponsor the Environmental Club and I've been telling them this whole time to raise hell with Admin about it, but we keep getting the bullshit excuse that "the janitors just aren't trained to put two different bags in".

It's really frustrating and it makes campus recycling initiatives a loving joke.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

The Little Death posted:

In our office (back when we had offices) I watched the cleaning staff empty our recycle bins into their one big trash can as they went across the floor. Mentioned it to accomodations, but they never did anything about it.

My students are all 100% convinced this happens even though I've actually followed the bags and watched them be put in the correct dumpsters.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

KhanSolo posted:

I have not seen these cans personally. Do you have workshops in your Envoironmental Club? maybe you could organise one and let students come up with modifications to these so the trash doesn't get mixed up. Any sort of barrier would work tbf.

I just checked the prices for trash cans and they can be expensive. You can put the admins to shame if you find a cheap solution.

That's a good idea, actually. I don't have anything dedicated but I'd bet I could point them in the direction of our metal shop equivalent.

When we are actually on campus again safely I'll suggest that. It's technically a student-run organization and I've let them have their head in the past, but I could give them a goal and let them figure out how to make it happen.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

This was the best reply:

https://twitter.com/DandyBubbles/status/1291426515373174795

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

RandomFerret posted:

Don't get me started on the bone wars. The names Cope and Marsh should be replaced in every textbook with the words "Those motherfuckers"

Joseph Leidy ought to have just shot the pair of them.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

feedmyleg posted:

If we stopped giving him attention he'd cease to exist hth

Optimist.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I hope someone tells them that they're responsible for that bear needing to be put down now that it's lost any fear of humans.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

christmas boots posted:

a grizzly fate indeed

Today is a black day, for such tragic results to come from such spectacle.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I was only half listening until one particular word made me sit up straight.

Wow.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

How many is that in hobbit years?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I very much appreciate the lifts from the Back to the Future soundtrack in this.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

She'd better kick that habit.

Selfies, I mean.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Well I mean she asked.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I don't really see the fuss over interpolating old cartoons like this. There's nothing wrong with the original framerate, but it's also interesting to see it smoother. Not worth getting mad over?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Beartaco posted:

Who's mad about it?

This guy. (The tweeter, not Motoh.)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

D-Pad posted:

I remember because I was at the exact age where I thought asking people "did you hear about princess di on the radio? *Pause* and the dash and the ashtray and the steering wheel?" Was the height of comedy.

Man, how long has it been since cars just came with built-in ashtrays? I drive an '02 and mine has an adapter thing that you have to put in the cupholder. My wife's is 2017 and has nothing.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Eh, that's a stretch.

EDIT: gently caress ^^^

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

mind the walrus posted:

Don't sleep on this.

I want the rest of this soundtrack.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

christmas boots posted:

Imagine a perfectly spherical undergrad

Easy. Just turn off your monitor.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

A Bop (tm)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

I was half expecting a Goofy Holler, but he hung on.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

"son of a Rhodes Scholar" is my favorite Kefka quote

I'm going to start using in place of "son of a bitch".

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Milo and POTUS posted:

The music video for this song is absolutely incredible btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

The literal music video version is even better,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsgWUq0fdKk

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Wait til you find out about Anhk Morepork's other noble families, the Selachii and the Venturi

That one I knew.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

mind the walrus posted:

One of the worst things done after WWII (and later the end of the Cold War) was rebrand loving everything possible to make it seem like various factions had just up and disappeared.

This is pretty much a constant thing, see the post-Reconstruction South and the half-rear end job we did of de-Nazification in West Germany.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Really curious where there's a bunch of koreans and also turbohonkies

Dallas's northern suburbs, for one more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Jollity Farm posted:

Those TikTok witches hexed the moon, and now there's something very strange there.

NASA is going to need to send those witches to the moon to sort it out.

https://twitter.com/catvriska/status/1285373257059905536