Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Beauregard III

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*sips an aromatic brandy*

"I say, here I go again, entering a world of survival horror."

*winks at Dusty*

"Alright, don't kill one another in my absence I'm going to freshen up in the lavatory."

"Butler, be a dear and fetch everyone a stout tonic... I fear depravity has soured the mood."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

put up or shut up, imo

shoot your shot, let it out in a vigorous burst, another ejaculation joke I'm gonna avoid because everyone here but you and the driver are either creepy, weird, old, or cat and I don't want to attract beauregard's wandering dick

"I'll have you know my dear old uncle Richard had dementia, you common fiend. Speaking ill of the dead at a time like this. Tut-tut."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
OOC: If we believe the roleplay, some of us are just arguing with a cat

"Heavens woman, have you gone senile? You're arguing with a cat." *sips brandy*

"I've not seen any reason to be suspicious of anyone, beyond the obvious patina of desperation that clings to each of you like cheap parfum. Harumph~!"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Vienna’s post is scummy af. Read way too much into a joke post I made that “ throws out vague suspicion” (lol) as a rationale for voting me. Potential scumbus of AA. Posting something like “I don’t trust you any farther than I can throw you” is classic D1Scumbus.txt

##vote scumming in vienna

"So do you think I'm scum, old chap?"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

spacing in vienna posted:

The cat is more intelligent than some of the other members of our crew, my dear sir, and the only cheap parfum I smell is your own scent.

See? A very clever cat indeed. Fully capable of any human wickedness. I approve.

I don't trust AA because he is a sleazy degenerate. That's alignment-neutral, pet.

Besides, you cited a "number of scummy posts" on this page, but didn't bother to provide details on who or how. Except, apparently, me for noticing? Tsk, tsk.

Gasp!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Let's look at that scum rear end push on me towards the end of the day. Thank you based mods for recognizing deadline.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
SiV and Hal had the bad AA votes at day end, hmmmm.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Mush actually looks good with her vote, don't know what that means tho

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bad because we were voting you, or do you have an actual reason?

Also you say "good thing mods recognized deadline" as though we were trying to break it. Nobody voted at 3 minutes past and tried to insist it should count. I think we all knew a NL was coming at that point.

Btw why weren't you on at deadline? Same question, CPig. It actually makes me more suspicious of you, that we didn't get lurkers popping out of the woodwork to go for the dunk.

Easy, I forgot about deadline and was cooking dinner.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Easy, I forgot about deadline and was cooking dinner.

Also I've made being incomprehensible and awkward a life long passion

Anyhow, I do apologize for not engaging properly

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

Ya agreed this post is awkward

I deliver it with gusto tho. No idea who scum is. Got gut bad feels about mush. But usually do

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Miku and OMG: welcome back from probationland.

I think "WOO SHOOT SOMEBODY" on D1 is as much a townie phenomena as a scum one. Dayvigs can't ever keep it in their pants, and town shooting town d1 is unfortunate but also -- honestly -- hilarious.

Also in re: me this is only my second game back after a few years away, and last game I got lynched d2, so I'm not back in the groove yet.

(We're on SA, I don't think any of us can claim to have "lives" ... ;) )

I get it, and it's entirely possible either or both of you just missed deadline, but I feel like it's also really convenient that so many people just faded out at the end of d1. Town and scum alike can have lives, or can space out on the deadline, but scum might also be watching and decide not to show up in an attempt to deflect heat and/or not vote for a scumbro, so I feel like it's worth poking at a little.

I straight up forgot that you weren't. drat, neither was b-minus. You at least had a vote down, and b- had that vote on me that got switched around. Why weren't you on?

No wonder we no-lynched. Two players were on probation, Infi's work got crazy, and four others on top of that weren't around. We never had the numbers.

Hey AA, what changed between these two posts?

You did a 180 on Mush. Why?

well, I said that she looked good with her vote. Like the logic behind it made sense from a town perspective, but the :tinfoil: in me trusts that type of play from mush to be scum play.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

well, I said that she looked good with her vote. Like the logic behind it made sense from a town perspective, but the :tinfoil: in me trusts that type of play from mush to be scum play.

AKA lovely meta reasons. I've forgotten how to do this y'all. my bad.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm busy dying a whole bunch in this Dark Souls mod, but I did a quick skim after it crashed, and here's where I'm at so far. AA's behavior after returning is not making me feel the least bit better about him. If deadline was tonight, I'd park my vote there and refuse to move it.

##vote AA

As-is, I'm parking it there for now but open to other options. I wish I could remember where, but there's an itching in the back of my head that says "lurking CPig is scummy". Don't wanna rely on half-remembered meta reads, but something about him seems present-but-unengaged, which is never a great sign. I don't like b- right now, either, 'wait for someone else to generate content then follow up on it' is sus, but that might just me being a bitch. Miku I like as town for being the first one to make a serious hardcore content push and for saying nice things about me. Everyone else is a null read right now.

lmao, didn't even see this... hmm :thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
mush is town lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
b- siv as possible scum maybe... their votes on one another look like bullshit

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh wow, I had no idea deadline was in 5 hours.

gently caress me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Or you know ##vote AA if you want it to actually count.

Any reason here other than my absence?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

gently caress it. I'm doing a list. At least maybe then we'll have something to talk about?! Miku's seemed to stir discussion, let's try it.

AA: super defensive reaction to the votes on him d1. I still think it's significant that the push on him just dried up. Also, his posts today largely consist of him suspecting .... anyone who voted him d1. Scum.

B-minus1: I waver pretty hard here, mostly because I don't see why scum would do vote shenanigans. Also, mobile posting sucks, but b- keeps popping up and disappearing again. It all cancels out, so: Null.

CPig: I sympathize with not being able to get into the game, but it's a great cover for scum to just lurk their way to victory, so. Leaning scum. Would like more actual content.

Gene X: good content both days. steak's case on GX is convoluted and I don't buy it. Miku's makes sense, but townies do anti-town poo poo all the time. I honestly feel like town would be more likely to cheer a dayvig, because scum would worry about looking bad in doing so, whereas town doesn't have to view the world through that lens?? But I realize that might be spaghetti logic. Town.

Hal: hands up, who forgot Hal was in this game? At least he showed up d1 to try to get a lynch. Hoping he resurfaces again tonight. I don't like the lurking but I think Hal just lurks. He seemed invested in d1 EOD, so: Leaning town.

Infi: RIP infi

Miku: I don't agree with all of his conclusions, but his reasoning seems sound. Plus he showed up D2 and actually contributed, when it would have been way easier to just lurk and claim it was too hard to get into the game because of being probated. Town.

Humalong: k I'm biased here, I love all the RPing but hum's is the one that tickles me the most, so that's making me lean town on him. Biased town. I'll reread him and see if anything jumps out.

Mr. Steak: I got nothing. His logic seems sideways. No idea if that makes him scum. I could buy it? Idefk.
???? Leaning scum??

OMG: I thought dropping a vote before disappearing d1 was townie, but hasn't said much of anything D2. I don't get fake outrage from his first post, though. Leaning very very slightly town. I see he's posted while I'm posting so please hold, I might update this.

Pmush: actually contributing, scum hunting. Town.

Tomm: lurking, like everyone else. Slight town vibes from where he questioned me on not being included in my "why weren't you around at deadline?" -- I feel like scum would be more likely to hope that slid under the radar. Leaning town.

Let me catch up now and see what's what.

##vote AA

First, this is a flawed point you raise against my voting. Probably deliberately so.

In my absence I became the target of a quick vote near deadline for non-existent reasons, and then people like yourself have come in today to try and frame my reaction to it without digging into the context of the votes.

As a town player, it's in my best interest to divert some attention to the votes that almost got me killed. I also commented on specific votes that looked bad.

It is reasonable to say that scum would be in a push for a misslunch and I don't think looking at bad votes from yesterday is indicative of scum motive. Ignoring those and acting like I've been a way emotional big bad is indicative of scum motive.

You're being unreasonable with you're vote and have been aggro since the start.

##vote SiV

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

In rereading I need to clarify something, so, Mafia edit:

... don't see why scum would do shenanigans on their own votes. I can't see a reason for scum binus to change who he himself voted for via vote fuckery. It's just too weird.

This doesn't make sense.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What's more likely, scum being on a bad vote to out lurking town or not voting at all?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like honestly, I'm ok with dying, but you need to go back and look at the day 1 vote and my opinions short though they are with some fresh eyes once you see I'm town because yeah...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
KILL ME MOTHALOVA, I'M READY TO DIE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

calm down we got 4 hours to go and need 3 more votes

NO, 100% THE MAXIM. TRIGGER LIMIT ENGAGE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If you strike me down, I shall become a far better poo poo poster than you've realized

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Did you miss the part where I'm lazy.

C'est la vie, homme de cochon

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

I was super hype for this game on D1 but seeing the momentum die in the crib hasn't been great for my motivation. My first pick is still AA, (fake?) meltdown or no, but I'd hit just about anyone over a second NL.

You're always wrong and always town wrt me mushy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

I just don't see how giving up and claiming a dark age of poo poo posting is coming makes someone MORE town. Mr steak isnt giving a real opinion.

That's not what I did. Death just makes my reads more credible.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've ready pointed out the pertinent bits so do with my life what you will.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

I'm willing to paypal someone money if they change AAs avatar to some weeb poo poo

Plz dont. I need to wear my badge of shame until I dont suck

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tommunist posted:

Kill me already is giving up idc what u claim gently caress u posts are in the eye of the beholder

It's not giving up. Town martyrdom works when it isn't some stinky hissyfit.

Theres enough living to benefit from the info. I already established some reads and they wont be better than that. So maybe some posthumous credence will suffice.

I can win from the 5th dimension, I dont need to.be present.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
SiV, OMG ping me hardest for scum. Maybe also GX or Miku

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Probably Miku.

I think SiV should take the plunge first, but Miku would also be a fine choice.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

OMGVBFLOL posted:

also Tommunist had scum reads on AA and steak and got murked. i forget, does the mafia hivemind consider that kind of thing alignment neutral or not?

only a coward scum kills their persecutors. I've transcended that stage of scum play, tyvm.

but look, I'm not scum... scum probably has a hard lurker or lurking town is the MVP we've needed because they've failed to dunk me across two game days and active scum would be all over securing the misslunch unless all of them were, and a non-present town has saved me.

I think it's more likely some of the scum pushed and one or two are dead rear end lurkers because of life, being a scrub or some other poo poo.

ANYHOW, I'm not the scum so if we could not have a repeat of the last two game days and actually look at players offering some poo poo reasonings to things.... well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

i feel okay about this for now ##vote aa

smh, smdh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Steak posted:

i feel okay about this for now ##vote aa

Can you expound upon feeling okay about it? I mean players generally felt okay about it for two game days, but does anyone have something better than feeling okay at this point because it seems like people are just looking for easy outs.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mikujin posted:

I'm really not sure exactly what to make of this. These are a sequence of posts dropped within minutes of one another, and are part of an ongoing series of posts waffling on PMush's alignment. While I'm all for it, you haven't really had much to say about other players that are not currently voting you. I don't really get into players' metas, and I certainly don't know yours, but: is there a reason you continue to be reactive instead of proactive?

More to the point: you continue to only respond/react to other players' accusations of you, rather than yourself being critical of them. Again, I don't particular care for 'meta' reads but you see new/inexperienced - which isn't in itself telling of your alignment - but the fact that you only react (sometimes overreact) doesn't exactly cast you in favorable light.

Ok, at least you are trying to get active. What about their votes irk you? And further: do you believe that they are both scum, or that one is scum independent of one another? I know I voiced my own read on b-minus yesterday as feeling particularly town, so I'd just like some insight into what in particular has you raising your eyebrow.

Far from new, I just shoot from the hip.

Also, it's hard to provide a critical analysis of the votes or any play when there hasn't been any. Apathy has dictated the last two game days. I'm not irked by votes, it's just clear that effort isn't being made.

So like I said of SiV, you're faulting me for the only reasonable course of action given what we have.

Are there results to analyze? No.
Are players offering anything new? No.

So if I keep arguing the same thing, it seems like omgus or me not trying or being overly defensive, when in reality... logic would dictate that I as town should try to draw attention to what I found lacking or outright bad play.

This is what I've done, and you and others are framing it as, AA has had a fake emotional reaction and isn't contributing anything towards it. Which is false, I said what I had to say about it, town has chosen to take a path of apathy, and that I can't help them deviate from.

YOu may argue, "be more compelling", but that type of reductive simplicity isn't viable, and is unreasonable to demand.

I stand by what I've said, don't look it at in a vacuum. Understand the context.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm AA, the wizened fool, the mafia saint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mikujin posted:

I've done a quick once-over of your [admittedly few] posts and you seem to go back and forth between something resembling content and being a non-contributory jokester. I gave you a pass D1 because some of your interactions with b-minus felt pretty genuine, but your D2 posting is... lackluster. I don't think it's necessarily indicative of alignment but hoo-boy we're in for a wild ride if players continue to be this apathetic.

I wasn't around for most of d2, look at time stamps.

Not that it makes any better, but again you're looking in a vacuum instead of contextually.

I'll agree that it is lackluster, but that's because I wasn't around and there was nothing to build off of?

What did we learn from N1 other than a town player died?