Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
ill prolly regret this but yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The funny part is the server owner can do it for you.

:allears:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Didn't watch any of the marvel films. Except for like, the first iron man? I think?

Also I'm quite busy with work so don't expect me to mafia as hard as I did when I didn't have work! (This should really be a given but apparently it's not?!)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

Please quote this post if you're scum.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote Mr. Steak

I don't like your 'stache. It looks villainous.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

chili I like your style.

relatedly, toal is pinging me here.

Toalpaz posted:

##vote AA

This is a scum post trying to seem cool and with joke phase, but secretly wishing a turbo actually takes off. Note that AA doesn't put a vote down or even jokenly try and start a turbo on a person. The ultimate early scum hedge.

I'm not saying everyone who calls for a day 1 turbo is scum but it's probably at least more than half.

I don't like how Toal responded to this post but not to chili's read on quid at all.

Feels like Toal's going for the low hanging fruit there to me. I've seen toal play a few times and I do feel town toal wouldn't have ignored chili the way he did here.

##vote Toalpaz

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Not sure I like new Nep meta.

Mainly because I never played counter strike.

Alas.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Quidthulhu posted:

I dunno about this. The case on me from Chili is essentially a shot in the dark that most people have just been like “yeah could be” about, if it’s even been mentioned, so to jump on Toal not discussing what isn’t really being discussed is weird to me.

It's more of a meta case on toal than you, fyi.

My gut feeling is that toal was avoiding commenting at all while usually doing as such (as much as I remember town toal doing).

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

i would like to play, but first somebody tell me what the gently caress a mason does

miller gets investigated as scum to a cop, despite being a townie.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Quidthulhu posted:

Mmmmm, not sure I like that explanation from Fenrir, feels a bit like backtrack explaining from his original stance

lol It's been about toal from the beginning, scumbo.

Your reaction does make me think that toal was being dodgy about commenting about a 'case' on a scumbo even more now.

Would vote either toal or quid today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The toal meta is that toal reacts to pretty much everything.

So his lack of reaction here about quid stuck out to me.

And now quid's reaction is pinging me, as well.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I will say, I don't think Yami is making good stances here... not quite full cases.

Hey remember that one game where I did full cases day one in that one game and people were ultra suspicious about it?

Fairly sure you were in it and one of the people suspicious of me for it.

:thunk:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

:)

:( I've written plenty of good manuscripts as town. I would point to them but I don't care enough to.

I would say that LupusAter is probably scum too. Thank you.

Kind of agree on Lupus, as their posts so far are only commentary... but given that there's only two of them, I mostly just want more.

Actual thoughts on quid, toal?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Paul ReiserFS posted:

This is a scumpost IMO

Toal reads overzealous/stupid town to me at this point especially given the tunneling on Lupus after a non-case accusation

But Yami is just +1'ing nonsense and acting like "what are your thoughts" is content

Excuse me, did you read my posts at all?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah what you're seeing is made up bullshit.

Yami Fenrir posted:

chili I like your style.

relatedly, toal is pinging me here.

I don't like how Toal responded to this post but not to chili's read on quid at all.

Feels like Toal's going for the low hanging fruit there to me. I've seen toal play a few times and I do feel town toal wouldn't have ignored chili the way he did here.

##vote Toalpaz

Yami Fenrir posted:

lol It's been about toal from the beginning, scumbo.

Your reaction does make me think that toal was being dodgy about commenting about a 'case' on a scumbo even more now.

Would vote either toal or quid today.

This is not +1ing anything. You did not bother getting a read at all.

##vote Paul ReiserFS

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Chili posted:

I don't know you. But I feel like I know you. You are good police. I hope you're town.

Think I'll put together a case on AA now, and by now I mean at some point.

Also, if you have a town reading on me, and would like to participate in an experiment, please volunteer. I will not provide any further details as to the contents of said experiment. Enlist, and enlist blindly!

I'm not the kind of guy to make a sacrifice play, but I'll bite.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nice backtrack there, pal.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

This is a scumpost IMO

Toal reads overzealous/stupid town to me at this point especially given the tunneling on Lupus after a non-case accusation

But Yami is just +1'ing nonsense and acting like "what are your thoughts" is content

"Yami is just +1ing nonsense!"

*Quotes case*

Paul ReiserFS posted:

You're misunderstanding my point. I am calling your "yeah I agree" on Toal's nonsense Lupus 'case' as +1'ing (his) nonsense.

"Oh actually it's just one post that's bad! I just didn't bother reading the actual case before that one."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Paul ReiserFS posted:

What are you even on? You didn't post any case against Lupus. Your post agreeing with Toal's nonsense case on Lupus is scummy. That's what I said the first time, in less words.

I am not talking about a case on on Lupus.

You're saying I'm only +1ing stuff when I even bothered writing a case on someone who wasn't in the spotlight.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bernstrike posted:

weird that people claim to be voting for the idiot but Nep-Nep has no votes??

:drat:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Incidentally I just woke up and am trying to reread but honestly way too tired atm. Did read Paul again tho.

Paul hasn't exactly convinced me to drop the vote. I still don't like weird as hell case on a single post while ignoring the rest of the post history. Especially not after immediately trying to discredit my valid point about, you know the rest of my posts with "Lol OMGUS."

It's not like he even tried to fully parse that ONE post:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Kind of agree on Lupus, as their posts so far are only commentary... but given that there's only two of them, I mostly just want more.

Actual thoughts on quid, toal?

It's quite obviously saying "The two posts Lupus are making are not enough to get a proper read on, I want more", imo. Instead he just jumped on the first part cuz it looked convenient to him.

Anyway I just realized the deadline is at 2 am for me so uhhhh, don't expect me to be present at the time.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Updated reads, as promised:

Mr. Steak:

There's a lot of prodding others and, well, "+1ing" stuff, as Paul would call it. All the while not producing much of note themselves.

Plus there's this post:

Mr. Steak posted:

elaborating because i have a tendency to shitpost:

paul's accusation of +1ing is certainly valid because toal's case in question is objectively bad. however, yami is also valid by countering with their real cases this game.

it doesnt reflect super well on yami that their low-effort +1 post was agreeing with the person they have been casing the most today, but it also doesnt reflect well on paul for not taking yami's entire posting history into account when casing

This post looks engaging but in reality all it says is "I don't have a read one way or the other on either of these players", imo. It bothers me. That got me to check again and especially combined with the +1ing, I do feel like they have not really formed an independent opinion on another player yet.

Steak, who do you think is the scummiest right now, and why? In your own words, please.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

AA

Surprisngly I'm mosly okay with their posts so far except for this one.

I will say, I don't think Yami is making good stances here... not quite full cases.

I do think AA would know better than to expect full cases d1.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It was a weaker point where he it was conveyed doesn't explain what I mean.

It was that the conviction you were displaying didn't sync up with the flimsy ideas you put forth. Seemed too certain, but on my part, it was less of a condemnation and more of a hot take.

Ah. I see where you're coming from, at least. Anyway...

Tommunist:

Has more posts than me while saying a lot less. Skipping all of the commentary and jokephase, this is the only real alignment call I can find:

Tommunist posted:

Im phone posting as well but that doesnt mean i make incredibly scummy posts about what i think scum would do.

This post and last are just there to give illusion you're trying to scum hunt when you have provided nothing.

##vote fool

Funnily enough, voting somebody else over not scumhunting. While stayig away the main discussion.

Would vote.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hmm, those are the ones that stuck out to me / changed the most atm.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

binus because he is binus.

for day 1, i think that's the most compelling argument so far.

idk if you can say this vote isn't an "independent opinion" or whatever since i made it before anybody was talking about him and havent moved since

I don't like a reaction this flippant, tbh. "Because binus", really? B- is scummy but, c'mon. You're essentially replying to "Hey, please scumhunt" with "Sure, whatever, this guy is scum, because... uhhh...!"

That is pinging hardcore rn. Can you not even explain your scumread?!

##vote Mr. Steak

Paul ReiserFS posted:

“can be” and “has been” are different words with different meanings

Between you and Yami latching hard onto specific phrasing and making implications that I’m lying based on misunderstanding me I’m starting to wonder if I don’t speak English as fluently as I thought

I don't know if b- is a native speaker or not, but english is not my native language so if anything it's probably on my end.

b-minus1 posted:

Paul’s “explanation” and vote was loving awful, just like your post is. Notice how I have never backtracked and said I was joking around. If you can’t separate my joke posts from my actual reads, that’s on you.

I mean look at this poo poo. I haven’t rebuffed a drat thing. Both of these posts are scummy af. I would vote dead beat dad but I’m already voting Paul.

I haven't had time to get a read on b- yet but this post is pinging me as well. It feels way too defensive.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote fool

I'm not entirely convinced but merk's points are solid enough that I'm willing to vote fool to avoid a no lunch.

also sorry for being so quiet today, I've been having various health issues today such as my stomach acting up hardcore. I've spent most of the evening lying down so I didn't get much done in the way of reads.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm one shot and I'm blowing away quidthulhu here in a sec of the votes stay on me

I entirely approve of this, tbh.

If you actually are a dayvig I'm going to unvote.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nice how people are jumping out of the woodworks now to defend a guy that has been consistently cased for having a very weak content game.

:thinking:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Nice how people are jumping out of the woodworks now to defend a guy that has been consistently cased for having a very weak content game.

:thunk:

Mafia edit

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bernstrike posted:

not if we vote you first! ##vote fool_of_sound

What the actual gently caress is this post

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote bernstrike

Yeah uh, no.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That logic is so fake it's not even funny.

Vigs are pretty common roles.

And it's not even a matter of believing it, it can literally be tested right now. If fool doesn't shoot someone, they get lunched. Simple.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Explain how the hell shooting a potential lunch target due to consistent casing is antitown.

Also hal, I really do not need to spell it out. Just read the last like, ten posts.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Day or night vig, it's additional killing power for scum that is a powerful enough swing that even if assumptions are at our own risks, it's a role unlikely to be scum.

Not impossible, but at the very least unlikely enough that I find the people arguing to lynch them anyway fairly suspect.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

just caught up on like 4 pages. oooohhhh boy.

first, i literally don't believe in "first letter of sentences" breadcrumbs because that's the obvious thing to do when you are scum with a fakeclaim.

i like quid and don't want him to die. i would very much rather lynch fool for the convincing cases against him PLUS he is asking to be replaced which is even better.

i'd believe him more if he wasn't aiming the gun directly at someone i feel very town about at the moment. idk enough about maf meta to conclude anything about the likelihood of a scum dayvig but im not discounting it.

##vote fool

i will unvote if you change targets

Please explain why you think quid is very town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Fool, I do kind of agree with Tommunist, please do actually shoot now if you do have a dayvig.

Give people some time to react to the flip (if your target flips immediately, that is?)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

## vote b-

their post history so far is a lot of jokephase, their first serious vote of the game is bad too.

b-minus1 posted:

This however is a scumpost

##vote Paul ReiserFS

In response to this:

Paul ReiserFS posted:

You're right and got me thinking that lynching him is the right move.

##vote b-minus1

1) Shitposting is anti-town
2) I've expressed my opinion on his scumclaim
2.5) I still think his 'other scumteam' comments are a tell that he knows more than us, plus:
3)

4) Anything said against him can be superfically rebuffed with "i was joking around :jerkbag:" so he's eseentially making himself unreadable, and Jen's post captures my feelings on that

Afterwards:

b-minus1 posted:

Paul’s “explanation” and vote was loving awful, just like your post is. Notice how I have never backtracked and said I was joking around. If you can’t separate my joke posts from my actual reads, that’s on you.

I mean look at this poo poo. I haven’t rebuffed a drat thing. Both of these posts are scummy af. I would vote dead beat dad but I’m already voting Paul.

Where are your reads? All I see before this post are accusations (except for the post I quoted before this one) that never are really followed up on at all. That's just throwing poo poo at at the wall.

In general, their posting is also very defensive, and now they are going "I told you so!"

Not to mention their RAPID unexplained stance on fool Ninth Layer already pointed out.

All of this combined does make me think this is scum that distanced themselves from a kill target they knew was town.

--

Anyhow, like I said I won't be able to be aorund at deadline. Good night, y'all people, most of which are probably in the middle of the day currently.

:negative:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bernstrike posted:

Earlier in the day Yami voted Steakumms for having a vote, paraphrasing, “because binus”:

then later in the day voted b-minus for reasons of, in my opinion, “because binus”

if you didn’t like b- play before then, Yami prob should have voted b- originally instead of steakumms

##vote Yami Yugi

There is a difference in saying "I'm voting b- because b-" early in the game and "I'm voting b- because they STILL haven't contributed much" near deadline.

You're not looking at context here.

chaoslord posted:

Yami and Paul posting around Bernstrike is so “look at me I’m so town! Harumph, good sir!”

Oh hi chaoslord, you're in this game too! I nearly forgot, tbh.

What are you trying to say here, anyway? That turboing a claimed dayvig is somehow a good, townie act?

Of COURSE people would point this out.

Quid flipping town was unfortunate, yes. There could have been a different target, yes. But it has to be kept in mind that all of this happened like 2 hours before deadline, so there was little time to discuss the target.

Calling out somebody for pointing out that asking for a turbo on a claimed dayvig is hilariously scummy either way.

##vote chaoslord

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Would still vote b-, naturally. My opinion on them hasn't changed.

This post from chaoslord in particular pings me as a defense while b- was one of the vote leaders (I believe both b- and xiw were around 10 votes at the time):

chaoslord posted:

##vote xiw i believe in binus

There haven't really been any real alignment calls (or content for that matter) before that post, and even that post does not explain at all why they think xiw was scummier than b- at the time.

Following that:

chaoslord posted:

I agree with this. Going back, fool asked for a replacement only to show back up and shoot a random townie once pressure started mounting. If you’re town and asked for a replacement why do you care if your dayvig role gets voted out D1? It’s not like you’re the doc or cop, which I could kinda understand. It’s a vig. It’s not one of the more “mission critical” roles. This will come down to playstyle differences right? But I can’t imagine being a vig, asking for a replacement, and deciding “the vig is too important to let this happen to.” My thought would be “great now the mod doesn’t have to bother with a replacement”.

Seems more like scummates prodding someone to return to thread rather than a town imo

In addition to what Merk said earlier about this post, this is not only another one of the "Hey lets lynch the proven dayvig anyway!" posts I am still highly skeptical of, this ALSO serves to give another target instead of b-.

Pretty much the entirety of chaoslord's content is defending b- and trying to make the people suspicious of him look bad.

I don't like it whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Given that b- claimed VT, they a) shouldn't be this defensive about being lunched (imo) and b) should actually play mafia instead of just calling every vote on them bad with zero explanation and trying to coast. It's not like they've been called out on it repeatedly either.

tl;dr: I believe chaoslord and b- are scum together.