Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

Im mostly posting this because its the first time I can recall a right-wing transphobic cartoonist acknowledging trans men. Yay for...equal bigotry?

Oh hey Foob had a less gross take on this that, my first thought was "yes Lynn trans men can be pregnant." Back in the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uhhh
:wtc:
I assume this is something about trying to pit PoC and LGBT minorities against each other?

(for those who don't follow the comic strip thread, Boyce is not a bad guy at all.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

My assumption was having to hide who you are around certain people.

Or it’s mentioning the secret, horrifying metamorphosis we undergo before coming out. There is twisting of bone, discarding of flesh, and blood.

Oh so much blood.

I see, I see. That was just my first assumption then because of lovely artist brain poisoning.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I dunno, I think it's message of having to hide who you are around certain people for various reasons even as you're out and proud around others was pretty clear. Then again, I just recently got through living this experience over the holidays so maybe I'm just on that wave length.

It's...it's a complicated mess of feelings.

Like I said to others, I read it another way. I can definitely see how it reads this way as well. Goodness knows I know how that goes at work the past year since I came out to myself, and only just came out to my parents about things recently.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katt posted:

GW puts a lot of effort into reminding people how incredibly poo poo everything is in 40K for absolutely everyone involved but it doesn't take.

Isn't it slightly less poo poo for the Orkz, who are objectively the heroes of the story by the metric of being the least bigoted assholes?

Zanzibar Ham posted:

You can tell that all the 40k factions are the worst because there's no Blood Bowl 40k. No room for a timeline where they play ball.

This is also correct. Praise Nuffle.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 11, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OptimusShr posted:

IIRC another company bought them and hired the workers back.

For less pay almost certainly.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the UK Media ok. Haha of course not all media are vultures.

And now, Mike Peters catch up. For those new and unfamiliar, Peters is the guy behind ancient newspaper comic strip, Mother Goose & Grimm.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 20, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

Is hateposting some sinfest kosher? because I wanna signal another step down the spiral here. Hm. I'll put it under spoiler tags to spare folks a bit.

the cis are banned from making mouthfeel "jokes" now. Ishida ruined it for y'all. Sorry that's just how it works.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bouchard gets a pass for actually understanding comedy. Ishida is the antithesis of comedy.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd vote for Kodos over Guloth Kraxx, personally.
The sixth thing is the friends we made along the way.

And now, Mike Peters catch up, from Jan 18 on to now. So old stories.

And one I'm not sure the context. ^

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regalingualius posted:

The rest of the albums a total banger, too.

Can confirm, 2Mello does real good work.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Magical Mystery Detour"

We were just a band, yknow? Havin a bit of a thrash.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dear god please no, we don't want him.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We Corona-posting? Here have a March Mike Peters catch up.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BonHair posted:

Actually, rich white dudes have been slightly more likely to be infected, because they like to travel. I'm Denmark at least, the mid-life crisis guys going skiing in Italy where the first victims.

I fail to see the problem?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A perfect time to remind everyone that both Reagan's AND Thatcher's graves are gender neutral restrooms.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanna holler at Tad on twitter about this so much but he finally wised up and blocked me years ago. Jesus gently caress.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who wants a catch up on Mike Peters from March through yesterday?
No one? Too bad.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DalaranJ posted:

A lot of people are talking about the one who cannot be named, great guy, close personal friend

I love that song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__n5Hcc8fV0&hd=1

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"This video has been removed for violating YouTube's Community Guidelines."

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pakled posted:

Rob Smith is the dumbest motherfucker

Oh you have no idea. He can't argue to save his life either, just look at his recent tweets where he was arguing with someone who works in healthcare, lmao.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evilreaver posted:

If you could link highlights it would be appreciated, I'm :corsair: as hell and can't work that newfangled Twitter site without getting lost

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1246582489025519618

It was this tweet of his, it was linked here like two weeks ago? And goons dunked on him hard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Garrison's word vomit in that last post of his proves he is , much, much dumber.

Anti vaxxers gently caress up more kids than pedo priests

Oh, yeah. They're both dumb as hell. But Robby is the "can't figure out postage" dumb.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 14, 2020

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xander77 posted:

Those loving legs, jesus.

I told you bro, I warned you dog. About the Primaries.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: CDC Lies Could Be Very Useful in Other Ways

Shut the gently caress up Rall. This is his new "actually firefighters are bad and don't deserve payment" from post 9/11. Mother fucker probably is one of those "go hang out at the grocery store to be social" types, that nobody wants to talk to.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's catch up on Mike Peters, because man April has been a month already.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD NO!

Sheepgood would never stoop to that level. :colbert:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who wants a Mike Peters dump?
No one? To bad. Pulled from his site, as well as Comics Kingdom. The small ones are off of his site. This is for April,

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BiggerJ posted:

This incompetence is not surprising at all, given that by all accounts, Mr Pumpkin Face's cartoonist is a teenager whose literal only friends are in the alt-right community.

Wait for real? I just assumed he was a sad 20-30 something. If he's a teen, that's just disappointing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You can just safely block everyone following this account btw. I took the time to look, nothing of value will be lost.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordaedil posted:

How do you just block all of someone's followers? My hand is tired.

KEEP IN MIND
that twitter has rate limited blocking. I learned this the hard way. It hosed up the cookies is all I know and I had loving logging for a day or so on my desktop.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UZworm posted:

He has become the single-best example of how well de-platforming can work, as he currently spends most of his time on lovely Twitter clone Telegram getting a couple thousand views per post, bitching endlessly about how he can't make a living any longer with his piddly remaining audience and, thankfully, generally no longer making any contribution to the world at large.

Telegram is more a chat platform like discord, than related to twitter. Milo has a channel though for him to piss and moan. That's just, like a mailing list where it's just him talking and people see it but can't interact.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I absolutely refuse to accept this is real. :gonk:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

For when it gets posted there finally, https://twitter.com/TStig822 here's his twitter. Jesus gently caress.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

I have terrible news for you

Why would you do this.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

Interestingly, he has non-poo poo opinions about covid-19 and was dunking on the Karen Protests until an opportunity to let loose with the racism presented itself.

I thought he died years ago.
...isn't he COLONEL NEO DUKE SANDERS? Or was, wait that was Hollywood Dog. gently caress.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Faustian Bargain posted:

"I've got black friends", the comic.

Killer Mike is a Trumper? I thought he said exactly 1 good thing about him.

Killer "I leave you with four words. I'm glad Reagan dead" Mike. Noted Trump lover.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jungle_Book_and_Scouting

It was a thing in the BSA as well. I don't remember the particulars because jesus gently caress that was the early 90s when I was a cub scout. But I have distinct memories of it, and a lot of pseudo-Native guff.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

Be glad you didnt deal with Order of the Arrow, where the real Native appropriation and fetishizing begins.

Oh trust me I got put off by the one OA ceremony I saw. Everyone sitting there silent as some white boy in feathers and such just stalks around, clapping hands on random shoulders, "YOU have been chosen." And then that boy goes off and remains silent for the rest of that night when they came back to the campsite. That weirded me the gently caress out.

And then young Manny grew up and had thoughts at the back of her mind for the next decade and some and eventually clicked she's trans. I still have my Eagle though. Ain't giving that up, I worked hard goddammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pants Donkey posted:

The initiation is a day of silence without eating, and you largely sit through creepy faux-Native ceremonies and build your campsite. I never wanted anything to do with them, but my dad pushed me into it.

Also, high five trans eagle. They said eagle scouts can be anything, so I became a rad lady.

I forgot the details but I'm sure I heard about how it all went down. And yeah, it all just seemed weird and not something I wanted any part of.

Hell yeah though sis. You and Mikl both. :3: