Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Replicas was goofy fun

Whats the word on this new Underwater film with k-stew and tj miller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FilthyImp posted:

I completely forgot about that and Evil BB8.

But I meant more the "oh yeah, we sell arms to both sides. Who do you think builds Xwings and TIE Fighters" thing.

That subplot owns

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
He can talk to animals because he has half of a dragon's heart in him

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Ready or Not was pretty fun last year

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wonder if the theater chains will phase out their 'movie pass' type programs now that the actual MoviePass is dead

Regal's didnt start til after moviepass was dead. And supposedly they worked out deals with studios to pay less for films so its not a loss-leader

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

Laughing any more than that is wasteful. A sensible chuckle every few weeks is more than enough.

A mirthless chuckle?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tars Tarkas posted:

The truth is different effects look better in different environments for different reasons, but the best effect is hiring twin actors.

Danny devito should be in every film as a twin brother

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Captain Jesus posted:

I enjoyed the body horror elements in Alita. Always fun to see them in a family film.

I grew up on Akira and Robocop and im fine

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Young Freud posted:

Someone needs to post those pages from the newest series where she's blendering through a hallway full of Martian riot cops with her Panzerkunst kicks

Ya but destroying cops is heroic

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Writing was not exactly the strong point of Tron Legacy though.

Uhh what

https://youtu.be/gr4wJSqQRy8

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Conan the Barbarian too

I absolutely love both films

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

RatHat posted:

Because the Oscars are a joke

Ya, no women noms for director either :thermidor::d2a:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The marvel dark universe?! Vampires, frankenstein, etc? Lol i thought Blade was pushing it

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

RBA Starblade posted:

Paul Blart: Belmont

Paul Blart is named the sole inheritor of a long-lost uncle and travels to the Carpathian mountains to inspect his new property, where he learns of his family's secret heritage as defenders of the world

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

raditts posted:

This SandlerChat is just sounding like another remake of The Producers at this point.

Ahem.

Hotel Castlevania.

Hotel Casablanca

The nazis are back, baybee!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Iron Crowned posted:

Gone Overboard 2 perhaps?

Wasnt that remade like 2 yrs ago and bombed quietly?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
War films had an early start on deconstruction

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0020629/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0015648/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0010307/

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

Brisco's nemesis, John Bly, was a criminal from the future, who was transported to the past with the aid of "The Orb", an "Unearthed Foreign Object" or UFO.

Repo Man shared universe?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The 1967 film was nominated for nine Academy awards (including Best Picture) and won two of them :colbert:

(20th Century Fox spent a ton of money rigging the nominations)
The film's IMDB trivia page is a hell of a ride: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061584/trivia?ref_=tt_ql_2

Sammy Davis Jr campaigned hard for the role of Bumpo in the film but star Rex Harrison vetoed him on account of him being an "entertainer" (ie: someone who could actually sing and would definitely show him up) but SDJ got his revenge by releasing a hit album where he covered all the songs in the film.

Edit: ah ha ha ha ha the new RDJ film only opened yesterday here in Australia but all the cinemas in my area have already dropped the prices on every session

Variable pricing? Woahhhh

Is doolittle a bigger trainwreck than Cats?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sir Kodiak posted:

They probably figure there's a PR difference between a historical footnote regarding a dead man and sharing a name with a massive modern white-nationalist propaganda network.

Yeah modern disney doesnt care much about skin color, but they actively avoid pro-lgbt representation

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Holy hell

I'm in a pizzeria and the pizza came uncut but with a pair of scissors

Cobra was a documentary

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The new doolittle has an ant quoting The Godfather
Its real bad, like zootopia

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Alan Smithee posted:

you'll have to see Spawn for that

God he's so fun in that

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gonz posted:

Agent Smith but he runs a hot dog cart company called Agent Smith’s Matrix Hot Dogs.

Agent Smith gets stuck inside Commando and wonders why everyone calls him Matrix

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Regarde Aduck posted:

As opposed to America where your hosed up views regarding sex, gender roles and equality is spread over 50 states. I guess it dilutes it?

Lol are u french
How many counties or w/e are there

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I will never not promote this batshit awesome series https://www.amazon.com/Scarecrow-Schofield-Thriller-Matthew-Reilly-ebook/dp/B000FC1BQU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Wtf Howard is cool

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Beachcomber posted:

I'm wondering if Disney is worried consumers will conflate an adult cartoon featuring a duck with their DuckTales reboot (which is excellent).

It's the bat embargo all over again.

I wonder how Duckman got away with it

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Live action moana, princess n the frog, home on the range...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want a King Arthur movie where they go all in on the crazy magic and over-the-top anime power levels.

The guy richie one sorta did

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

The one major common premise among Mario games is the damsel-in-distress mission Mario is on to save the Princess and they should probably not do that. What might be tough, but really fun if they could pull it off, would be incorporating not just the classic Mario Bros.-style games but stuff like Dr. Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, etc.

In super mario sunshine the damsel was a polluted earth

Its still topical!

Ive never played a metroid game but you could probably start with samus having a team and one new guy is the audience insert, and he has to hide in some tech room in the middle as she goes alone in her special armor and he talks her thru it on the radio, rhen he has to fight off somethjng on his own and loses the radio so they each have individual final fights

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gonz posted:

The necklace is a cursed talisman which contains the souls of everyone the gang has murdered.

Last Witchhunter crossover

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Dang now i wanna watch Maverick again. Such a fun film

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What's the likely plot anyway?

1 was about vietnam vets and some were cops and some were druglords

2 was about racism and revenge

3 was about racism and corruption

4 was about immigration and family

5 will be...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Getting Peter Cetera is :discourse:

muscles like this! posted:

They probably mean the "wife died of cancer" part of the summary.

It helped make The Grey extremely emotional

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I just saw Birds o Prey and it owned and didnt give any fucks about being serious and i was laughing throughout

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I think Suicide Squad left a pretty bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and this seems to be billing itself as essentially more of that.

The only person i know who didnt like birds of prey loves suicide squad :shrug:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Does robotnik go into sonics world at the end and turn fat?

Also speaking of xena, why cant we get a new spinoff of it?? Get on it, L-word writers

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tars Tarkas posted:

More likely it would just be people doing live performances of half-remembered blockbusters like the scene in Reign of Fire where they perform Star Wars for the kids. There was also an NPR story a few years ago about a play that was the evolution of a performance version of a Simpsons episode with Sideshow Bob and how it changed over the decades in a post-collapse society, but I can't remember the play's name.

Cloud Atlas had a subplot like that too

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

That studio really screwed the pooch.

(Insert Weinstein joke here)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747