Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We just discussed how bad Yujiro was last page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'll never be as down on Hashi as everyone else because when he basically replaced Yujiro as the low card job guy in the 2016 G1 it was a vast improvement.

So no matter what happens with him there'll always be a voice in the back of my head saying "Hey, at least he's not Yujiro."

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

US champ Jay White when he was more a vicious scumbag than a cheating scumbag was very fun and some days I miss him. :(

I think a lot of the time New Japan does ref bumps and interference spots pretty poorly and those happen a lot in Jay’s matches. When they work it’s great but sometimes I feel they fall flat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I think Okada/Naito is maybe the best match I've ever seen all the way through and Okada/Ibushi had 15 minutes where they did nothing in particular before they had 20 minutes of amazing stuff. I can't understand preferring the latter unless Ibushi going full psycho mode is everything you ever wanted.

Speaking of Naito, he did the thing

https://twitter.com/s_d_naito/status/1215549977314770944?s=19

Those 15 minutes of slow grappling and intense stares ruled extremely hard.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The 2018 one is my favourite though i think a big part of that was the final shot of the lone Okada dollar still on the ramp, which I guess technically didn't have to do with the wrestling.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I miss US champ Jay White tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ThePariah posted:

Taichi gonna gently caress up Okada

Taichi's already loving up Okada.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is the Taichi I want to see when he pulls out the Iron Fingers.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rarity posted:

Are they actually saying the storyline is that Taichi is getting possessed by the spirit of Iizuka? Cause that loving rules :allears:

Have you not been paying attention??

Iizuka's brutal soul lies within the Iron Fingers. Taichi is gambling with dangerous forces whenever he wield them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rarity posted:

I always thought NJPW jobbers were people they'd tried to push and who hadn't worked out like Yujiro or Goto

How dare you. Goto chokes often but he’s not close to being in the same league as Yujiro! :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kinda tired of these Elite civil war feuds tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Part of Kenny's gimmick as BC leader was that he was a bad leader who only cared about himself and the Bucks, so I think it makes enough sense he's not many peoples favourite in that role.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hey! He was sorta cool with Chase. He would high five Chase when he tried to Too Sweet and it was very good. :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fourth block is going to end with an extremely dramatic Tencozy showdown.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I have no clue how Fale feels about BLM or whatever but he was a big Trump supporter.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

I legit want to know out of morbid curiosity. Like, I know non-americans take an interest in our politics because we effect a lot of poo poo and we are really messy and funny, the desperate housewives of statecraft but like, why pick a team? And team Trump? Just gawk and laugh, don't touch the poop Fale.

American politics and pop culture is pretty big internationally, and just speaking from Australia I definitely know people who are huge fans of Trump. So it doesn’t shock me at all that Fale’s a trump guy, there’s plenty of them outside of the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Skipper would never betray Justin and Craig by teaming with a rival in the tag division.