Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Husband (31M) said something horrible about an overweight new mother and I (28F) can’t stop thinking about it.

This past weekend my husband and I were with a group of friends which included a couple with a 1 year old baby that we have met a few times before. The mother is still nursing and is overweight. When we got home yesterday we were talking about the weekend and my husband started saying that even though they look happy he bets that the dad is secretly upset that his wife is fat now that she has a baby. He said “no wonder so many guys start looking at other women and fantasizing about them when they’re wives get pregnant”. I was upset and told him that that was bullshit and that her husband seemed to love her and find her very attractive, and anyways it’s only been a year since she had her baby and it often takes a long time to lose the baby weight, and even if you can your body is often never the same. To which he replied that that was just another reason not to have a kid.

We don’t even want a baby right now but the idea behind his words, that if a woman gains weight then it’s ok for men to look elsewhere, shocked me. I mean I’m young and in shape but I’m starting to get some lines on my face and grey hairs, so will he think the same thing when I start getting old? What about if I can’t workout and gain weight? How can i ever even consider having a baby with him if he feels this way? I tried explaining to him how horrible I felt his view was and he said that while it’s taboo it’s what all men feel, and that He would never leave me if I had an accident or anything, but that he would expect me to keep in shape and lose weight if I gain any. I got overwhelmed by my emotions and started to cry (which unfortunately happens often with me) and we kind of ended the conversation like that and he went to bed early and then we didn’t talk much this morning before work.

I can’t get his comments out of my head. He has said this exact thing before about this same couple and other overweight women and I have always told him I think it’s gross and he’s wrong but this time his comments hit me hard and I can’t get over my sense of disgust at him and fear that he is going to leave me as soon as I start showing signs of aging. Maybe because I feel insecure about my own looks recently.

How can I approach this topic with him to make him understand how hurtful it was to me and just how sleazy and sexist it is in general (or is it not? Maybe I’m wrong about this)? He is a wonderful person in general and I love him but I’m only 28 and i feel like I’m only going to be going downhill from here and I want to be with someone who will love me no matter what I look like.

Tl;dr my husband made some gross comments about an overweight mother, I am spiraling into insecurity and don’t know how to best talk to him about it.
divorce him imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hobo Clown posted:

AITA for walking out of an interview that I was flown across the country for, before it started?
She is in the right. If you get that sense deep down in your gut that the job you are interviewing for is in a toxic environment, why bother wasting your time?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Do it ironically posted:

Ah ok well that makes a bit more sense in context then, I thought it was a guy
Did you not read what was in the spoiler tag?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That father is a piece of poo poo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chomp8645 posted:

Saying "we get the good plates and utensils, you get the lovely disposable ones because your food is evil" is being a pretty bad host tbh. Either suck it up and let them use real stuff (seriously who gives a poo poo), or use disposable ones with them. Having them use a paper plate and plastic fork while you have real plates and utensils is like some kid's table poo poo. Wow at least they had the grace to (begrudgingly) allow access to the oven so their guest could reheat the premade food they brought with them!

Host is a jerk and I don't see how they could not be projecting hostility towards their guest based on that story.
Host is also the reason people hate vegans

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AceClown posted:

HOL UP

my (22F)
bf and I have been together for almost 9 years
bigly yikes

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
So, boom.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The real story is the mother being a huge piece of poo poo, which is why the 9-year-old nephew is acting out

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

elise the great posted:

Around here you see men calling themselves straight even though they’ve never even had a sexual encounter with a woman
lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
People who get married in their early 20s are morons, news at 11

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Am I just a sexual object to my boyfriend?

What should I do? Is the relationship worth saving or am I just a sexual object?
Dating someone who sexually assaults you regularly is bad

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Zore posted:

In the comments its revealed the picture was from after she and the fiance had started dating lol
woops!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
To be 23, selfish and incredibly naive again :allears:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FormaldehydeSon posted:

yeah lol never extrapolate anything from reddit into the real world other than "wow there really are people out there that use reddit to ask for serious advice like this"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SpaceViking posted:

My (22f) boyfriend (24m) just got a circumcision after an argument. How do I respond to this?
:sever:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

you’re 22 you can look after yourself
lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wow, this woman is hilariously hosed.

She's the kind of hosed people will be taught about at university as an example of what it looks like to be hosed. hosed 101.
Reminds me of that one girl who was a nurse and would post patients' x-rays on her Twitter. Just blatantly violating patient confidentiality and too stupid to realize it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"I should call the cops but let me ask Abby first"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for grilling steak in my vegan daughters frying pan?
Someone call CPS

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

Title sounds very bad and horribly racist
yeah no poo poo you moron

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hobo Clown posted:

He's added an update:
lmao he sounds so much worse

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Once I read that he is an engineer I was like "yup that's par for the course"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"I will be a complete piece of poo poo to other people who I feel have wronged me because I am worth it :razz:"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking as a son of Indian immigrants, not all Indian parents are controlling and manipulative

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my gf that her paintings are honestly not very good and super creepy?
lol he doubled down

quote:

Even a real artist here said that it was not good.
the replies:

quote:

So 1 real reddit artist said they don’t like it. Doesn’t mean nobody will. And it doesn’t make you less of an rear end in a top hat.

quote:

Yeah but about a hundred people called you an rear end in a top hat so....

quote:

A real artist. Oh buddy, I’m so sad for you and your white bread existence. Does your wife make art? Yes. She is an artist. Is she a celebrated or famous artist? No, but she is no less an artist. Congratulations on stomping on the feelings of someone you love in the name of what seems to be “radical honesty”. YTA

quote:

“I care more about the opinion of a stranger who claims to be an artist on the internet than my gf’s feelings and right to explore art”

You really want to hold the authority here. Think about why that is

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

luxury handset posted:

lmao

coworker should just quit
He really has no choice if he wants to go on that vacation. Plus he's a moron for planning a two-week vacation seven months in advance and waiting till the last minute to request two weeks off.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lucrece posted:

My mother [60F] and father [58M] refuses to speak to me [28M] because I “disrespected” them. How can I get them to realize they’re the morons who need to wake up?
This is either fake or he's definitely the rear end in a top hat

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Foo Diddley posted:

it's empty except for one stickied thread that says "yes"
lol

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Haven't checked this thread in a while but oh my god that :females: dating strategy sub is hilarious

FDS is NOT and will NEVER BE anything like The RedPill or MGTOW, and we are NOT incels. They’re playing tiddly-winks and we’re playing expert level chess.

My "not a female incel" tshirt is getting me a lot of questions already answered by my tshirt
Imagine being so extremely online you make a post like this and wonder why men don't want to be with you

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Female Dating Strategy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Tetramin posted:

Lol that guy is clearly a piece of poo poo and this sort of thing is way too common, but I have to ask why would you send a cleavage photo
Because she's a Redditor

If she had any common sense, she would've immediately reported him to HR after he sent her that pic and she wouldn't even be in this mess in the first place

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
More from My coworker filed a false sexual harassment report against me

quote:

Do you still have the video? And the message where he asks you to cheat?

quote:

It was all on snapchat. The messages and photos are all deleted. He took a screen shot of the message saying that he is uncomfortable with me sending him inappropriate photos and to stop. After that he has been ignoring me. I do have witnessed from co-workers who saw some of the videos he send me and they may need to investigate it and question them as well.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

pentyne posted:

Because if so there's a lot more problems coming her way wrt her BF then just handsy drug dealer mcflirty getting her in trouble.
She's married with two kids

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"I really don't want my baby to end up with fetal alcohol syndrome but let me check with Reddit first"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

chitoryu12 posted:

I think my dinner had cum on it
this has to be fake

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DaveSauce posted:

baby boss doesn't know how to wear the big boy pants, thinks he can withhold pay for his own gently caress-ups.

At least he learned before-hand that you can bully inexperienced engineers by convincing them that "you're a disruptor it's hectic but it'll be worth the low pay and long hours when you can put "worked at failed start-up" on your resume!"
The hours may be long and the pay may be low, but hey at least there's a ping pong table and kegerator!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

chitoryu12 posted:

AITB for not asking permission from my girlfriend?
:yikes:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for having a bit of an attitude with my mom after she told me I faked fainting when really I had multiple health problems that showed up on tests?
her parents are trash

e: glossed over the part where she said she inherited a lot of her mom's medical conditions but i digress

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Dregs posted:

I have been putting up with this exact brand of bullshit for 17 years.
jesus

better late than never i suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Going through the comments there is another twist he's autistic

e: beaten