Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I ate Popeye's for lunch and yet I'm hungry for Popeye's again. Curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Was gonna get Popeye’s for lunch yesterday since we were in the area. The lights were on, the drive thru menu was lit up but there was a sign taped to the menu board that said “Closed for Memorial Day” except the word Memorial had a piece of duct tape over it. Anyway we sat there were maybe five minutes and no one asked for our order so I’m assuming they were Closed for Memorial Day even though it was the day after and everything else indicated they were open. :shrug:

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Was gonna get Popeye’s for lunch yesterday since we were in the area. The lights were on, the drive thru menu was lit up but there was a sign taped to the menu board that said “Closed for Memorial Day” except the word Memorial had a piece of duct tape over it. Anyway we sat there were maybe five minutes and no one asked for our order so I’m assuming they were Closed for Memorial Day even though it was the day after and everything else indicated they were open. :shrug:

A classic Popeyes experience

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

A classic Popeyes experience

Yup, checks out. Went to a diff Popeyes once that had friendly staff and fast service, honestly it just felt wrong. Biscuits are served better with slight contempt i guess.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It doesn't make sense but the bacon/cheddar chicken sandwich is not as good as it semi-plain.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rick posted:

It doesn't make sense but the bacon/cheddar chicken sandwich is not as good as it semi-plain.

I tried this today. The bacon and cheese added literally no flavor or texture even to the blackened spicy chicken sandwich. They could have not been there, and it would have been the same.

Maybe it would add something if you didn't get spicy chicken at Popeyes, but then what's the point.

Also for a bit of crazy, they told the nice old couple they discontinued having butter for the biscuits? That's a food crime.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Lol, “butter”.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Tried the ghost pepper wings. Didn’t care for them. Not a huge wing fan in general, but battered wings is a little too heavy on the breading to meat ratio. After the smallest portion (6 pc) I felt like I had just chugged a pint of shortening.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Popeyes has only relatively recently arrived in the UK, and I tried it for the first time yesterday: Louisiana bbq sandwich, two biscuits and gravy. Fine, I guess? The sandwich was like if KFC gave a poo poo, the gravy adequate, and the biscuits probably the best thing. 'Not expensive, hot and quick' is pretty good going.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Torquemada posted:

Popeyes has only relatively recently arrived in the UK, and I tried it for the first time yesterday: Louisiana bbq sandwich, two biscuits and gravy. Fine, I guess? The sandwich was like if KFC gave a poo poo, the gravy adequate, and the biscuits probably the best thing. 'Not expensive, hot and quick' is pretty good going.

"KFC giving a poo poo" is a good way to put it (I get the impression Americans like their KFC but the UK ones are shite) I recommend trying the tenders if you go again since I think if you focus on their chicken exclusively they come off well, although we don't get the blackened ranch American's rave about. Or the shrimp which they seem not to, but I liked. Sounds like you didn't get fries, which I think are some of the better chain offerings there.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I’ve said here before but the quality of the chicken is mostly dependent on the hold time. Get it directly out of the fryer. Ask for it specifically that way.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Torquemada posted:

Popeyes: like if KFC gave a poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Popeyes mac+cheese is mushy deliciousness.

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

looks like Brits have mardi gras mustard which is the best sauce anyway

----------------

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"girl dinner" is a tab on the app next to the sides that are just the sides

----------------

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

i say swears online posted:

"girl dinner" is a tab on the app next to the sides that are just the sides

I did not believe you so I went to check and all I can say is what the gently caress

They even put it in cutsey quotes like that changes something

why

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's a meme.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, well then

----------------

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Has anyone seen this at their popeyes or did it just fail at the location they tested it?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I had my first bad popeyes experience, classic sandwich had a weird texture, maybe they refried it to heat it up?

Also didn't seem to taste like much, I hope they're not dropping the quality to keep the prices even

----------------

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I had my first bad popeyes experience, classic sandwich had a weird texture, maybe they refried it to heat it up?

Also didn't seem to taste like much, I hope they're not dropping the quality to keep the prices even

Probably got a woody breast

https://i.imgur.com/xuXBTA4.mp4

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Probably got a woody breast

yeah, i was gonna say. was the texture of the meat itself weird? because if so you prob got a mutated chicken breast.

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The chicken itself was overdone but I also felt the batter was weird.

In the interest of science I went back to the same place tonight and it was spectacular.

Must have just been a blip.

----------------

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

The chicken itself was overdone but I also felt the batter was weird.

In the interest of science I went back to the same place tonight and it was spectacular.

Must have just been a blip.

Glad to hear.

I have definitely had a bad popeyes run but its been very few and far between.

Bad service though? Just part of the experience. If your server isn't operating with visible contempt you probably should wonder if the store is doing alright.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i hit up the local popeye's for dinner last night. got the three piece combo w/ spicy chicken, and the mashed potatoes again. something like $13 for the thing, then i pull around to the window and they've got a sign up for a Big Box special: two pieces, two sides, and a biscuit?? god drat but if i'd seen that sign by the order speaker i'd have got that instead for sure. A- on the food, D+ on giving the customer the means to make an informed choice. bastards

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That Works posted:

Glad to hear.

I have definitely had a bad popeyes run but its been very few and far between.

Bad service though? Just part of the experience. If your server isn't operating with visible contempt you probably should wonder if the store is doing alright.

I dunno why everyone says this. All the Popeyes I've visited have had indifferent at worst servers and the food was always good.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
They're some of the most consistently awful fast food there is in my area. I'm envious of having a decent Popeye's.

KFC is more consistent around here, but their chicken is way too salty for me.

The big chains are always going to be a tossup between areas.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I dunno why everyone says this. All the Popeyes I've visited have had indifferent at worst servers and the food was always good.

The ones around me will regularly get your order wrong, sometimes in your favour and sometimes not (i.e number of tendies/nugs, number of sauces etc). They don't get the order itself wrong as often and give you the wrong items like Taco Bell does, but that does happen. But everything on the Popeyes menu is good so that doesn't bother me as much. If I order spicy and get regular, or I order tenders and get pieces, I'm not gonna cry about it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I generally get good to okay service if I go into Popeyes and dine in, but I have always had terrible delivery experiences and have had to stop doing that after a point. Sometimes I would be missing some sauces and a biscuit and that would be fine, but often times, like more than a 60% rate for me, there would be multiple whole items missing from the order at a time, like sandwiches, a boxful of biscuits, various sides of fries, potatoes, drinks, etc. and no compensation in return. They were genuinely just straight up stealing money from me, regardless if that was their intention or just laziness, carelessness, and/or indifference from the working staff, and I had to go online to the website to get credit for the missing items. At first it was a one off thing, but then it happened multple times in a row and I just had to get a proper cash refund and decided to never order online from them again, which sucks because I really like the food.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Try leaving your house op

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Mine just gives me extra chicken and it's always been good. They skimp on those sauces tho and want to charge you extra, which I will have none of by shaking my fist and get the sauces for free like god intended.

Delivery, we don't do delivery for anything anymore since Covid died down. Everything we got from anywhere was always messed up. I was out of the hospital for a few months during that time so I couldn't do anything but delivery. It really sucked getting two cheeseburgers from McDs and only one was in the bag and the fries were cold. I do not miss delivery.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Julias posted:

I generally get good to okay service if I go into Popeyes and dine in, but I have always had terrible delivery experiences and have had to stop doing that after a point. Sometimes I would be missing some sauces and a biscuit and that would be fine, but often times, like more than a 60% rate for me, there would be multiple whole items missing from the order at a time, like sandwiches, a boxful of biscuits, various sides of fries, potatoes, drinks, etc. and no compensation in return. They were genuinely just straight up stealing money from me, regardless if that was their intention or just laziness, carelessness, and/or indifference from the working staff, and I had to go online to the website to get credit for the missing items. At first it was a one off thing, but then it happened multple times in a row and I just had to get a proper cash refund and decided to never order online from them again, which sucks because I really like the food.

p sure its just because its real easy for the delivery driver to swipe a biscuit or drumstick and blame it on the restaurant and tbh who can blame them? popeyes smells delicious

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Philthy posted:

It really sucked getting two cheeseburgers from McDs and only one was in the bag and the fries were cold. I do not miss delivery.
most fast food does not travel well at all. In that respect popeyes is better than most imo as cold fried chicken is good, warm fried chicken is good, hot fried chicken is good and popeyes stays p. crispy. worst travelling fast food is raisin caines imo if you don't park and eat that poo poo right after you leave the drive thru it gets soggy and nasty in a hurry.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Cane's fries are no good fresh. they must be utterly nasty cold.

i find an air fryer does a pretty good job of refreshing most fast food though.

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

p sure its just because its real easy for the delivery driver to swipe a biscuit or drumstick and blame it on the restaurant and tbh who can blame them? popeyes smells delicious

As someone who has done delivery, it's definitely a popeyes problem way more than a delivery driver thing. I had a bunch of reasons listed off about how drivers are generally held more personally accountable with higher consequences than the people that work inside at most places, so it follows where the problems usually are, but it was pretty boring unless you're someone who actually cares about that stuff.

Also, one thing that might not seem obvious but should be, since places like this do items by the piece(s), it's way more noticeable and "feels" different when you are missing a few biscuits or got an extra couple pieces of chicken versus somewhere else where your fries are a little skimpy or having some extra down at the bottom of the bag.

In addition, as has been stated many times just in this thread alone, popeyes employees at most locations tend to just not give a poo poo even by fast food standards, so you're going to get way more variance in quantity, but also when it comes to straight up leaving items out or switching them for other stuff because it's easier.

The chicken's good though, so, they get away with it enough to stay in business, and yeah I will definitely roll the dice with them on some of that tasty spicy chicken now and again.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
last time I randomly hit up the drive thru at popeyes during lunch time on a weekend nobody answered the intercom and I gave up and drove away and the drive thru employee was literally just leaned up with their back to the window as I went by, fuckin mad respect

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I used to deliver pizzas and I can understand how it would be easier for a door dash driver to snag a wing or fry or whatever than a Domino's driver. I think I've gotten delivery exactly twice since I stopped driving.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

instead of a tip you should get to choose a % of your order that the driver is welcome to

----------------

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Nikumatic posted:

last time I randomly hit up the drive thru at popeyes during lunch time on a weekend nobody answered the intercom and I gave up and drove away and the drive thru employee was literally just leaned up with their back to the window as I went by, fuckin mad respect

This is actually the only issue I've ever had with Popeyes service -- if the drive thru is actually happening that day I've always gotten correct orders (or additional pieces in my favor)

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

most fast food does not travel well at all. In that respect popeyes is better than most imo as cold fried chicken is good, warm fried chicken is good, hot fried chicken is good and popeyes stays p. crispy. worst travelling fast food is raisin caines imo if you don't park and eat that poo poo right after you leave the drive thru it gets soggy and nasty in a hurry.

Canes is just unseasoned and soggy even straight out of the drive thru. Terrible chicken. (good sauce tho). imo Taco Bell is the worst traveling fast food (and also most likely to gently caress up your order)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Canes is just unseasoned and soggy even straight out of the drive thru. Terrible chicken.

no