Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

wtf Inf, you couldn't check in again at least once all day

Welp I'll be awake again well before deadline, see y'all then

Yeah, that is not cool when you are the center of a thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol not sure now this is the RF scum game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Something that made him feel a lot better about sandwolf, isn't that enough at this point

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Lol yeah

Bif I am feeling a little :tinfoil:

Your fixation on the whole mark thing feels like content generation

Do you have other reads? Scumspects? Maybe a lumpen list

Ha, I almost just wrote something up about bif, then went back and re-read her and changed my mind because she had some interesting stuff to say about the marks but yeah not a lot of reads

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There is no way he is going to explode

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dmboogie posted:

okay cool

I'm a town vigilante that can only target people who have three or more marks. This is my only action and I have no other special properties. If we lunch someone else, I can shoot RF tonight.

Ahhh yes this makes more sense

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

The only one I can come up with as a potential mark would be Kashuno anyway.

Partly because I'm starting to get suspicious of them because of all the pro-town roles that AREN'T negatively affected, partly because it'd be funny.

I think Kash would be a good person to mark

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Do we have any confirmation that deadbeat dad dropped the mark on RF N1? or that dbd is town? Is there a possibility that toal and dbd are scumming it up together or is that too much a risky play for scum to make?

Well someone did according to the mod, so it's likely it was DBD yeah

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

My PM said I would learn what marks are soon but who knows when soon is

Well that's weird, why does it mention marks at all?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toal calling people scummy for not playing mafia the way they do is like toal's top town tell

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If not RF, I would be good with Kash as well, they are saying a lot of weird things about marks that don't line up with things I have seen from other people. Sandwolf being a scum bodyguard would be highly unusual but with potential multiple killing teams I suppose it could be a thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It feels like Sandwolf hasn't even been around at all D2. I know that isn't the case but he was so vocal D1 and I can't even recall him being a factor today now that he hasn't been in focus at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

It’s a holiday weekend maybe chill on sidelines chat

Fair, I forgot about that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Wtf if you don't believe my claim you should be voting me

Where did Kash say he didn't believe you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If we can swing it ok ##vote Kash

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Reaaaaaallly not liking that inf vote that doesn't seem to care about any of the previous discussion.

Kash, care to claim?

Yeah that was very weird, but it may be that he just woke up and saw the time and the votecount and put his vote where he thought it would help and went back to sleep and never read anything

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Town smokescreen - protects non-marked targets from all abilities at night

I have not been around much this weekend because I’ve been spending time with people

This is like an unlimited every night thing?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Town smokescreen - protects non-marked targets from all abilities at night

I have not been around much this weekend because I’ve been spending time with people

What does all abilities mean? How would RF rolecop sandwolf?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Some thoughts: Toal tracking boogie feels a little weird, wouldn’t it have been suspicious enough if RF hadn’t died tonight? That feels a bad choice, maybe a ‘safe’ choice to cover for another night action (a kill, I’m saying I think he may have done the kill)

I thought the same thing when I saw that was who Toal tracked, seemed very unnecessary.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dmboogie posted:

##vote infinitum

i dont think you're a real doctor, or even a real worm

Well what do you think happened to likely missing NK the first night?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

okay, who would you have me track then?

I guess whoever your strongest scumread was. I suppose there is the chance dmb was lying and went and killed someone else, but it seems more useful to try and track one of the other kills we knew were happening.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

unless you were super suspicious of dmb I don't recall who the people you were suspicious of were

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dmboogie posted:

in the wonderful world of night mafia anything can happen

kash's protection could have gone off, sandwolf could have protected, there could have been a roleblocker that hit scum

I did think about sandwolf, but I would think he would be told he lost his BP if that was happening. I suppose roleblocker is possible but I doubt it.

Forgot about kash though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I totally forgot the marked thing too, much like I forgot sandwolf's ability doesn't tell him when it was used. And probably 100 other things too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

oops, I asked for bif and mucche. not infi.

I thought it would be nice but probably didn't post it.

Anyways, all the markers ignored or didn't read my post.

yeah looking at the list I would have tracked boogie too, I didn't even notice you ask for this, was it before RF got marked twice yesterday?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sure, I am roleblocker who can only block people with 2+ marks.

I blocked RF last night since he was the only person marked twice and also he would have been a good pick to do the kill for a scum team if he was on one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Roleblocker is a little less protective. Also very limited by requiring someone to be double marked

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Inf I am unclear what you are saying about boogie/sandwolf. Are you saying the existence of their roles sort of complement each other? Like boogies vig as scum means sandwolfs bodyguard as scum makes sense? Like if they are on different scum teams?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Yeah nah.

Bodyguard + Doc makes no sense if we also had the Smokescreen protecting all non-marked targets from ALL abilities at night.
Sake of the argument Kash claims D1

I could have protected 1 of the Marked targets.

Sandwolf could have protected the other Marked target.
There would be no way for scum to make a kill N1.

##vote Sandwolf

Secondary to this

As Kash stated he blocks all abilities, not just kills.
There is no need for a roleblocker in this scenario.
Smokescreen protected town.

There might never have been a scenario where we needed to block someone with 2 marks.
What happens if that person is just vanilla? Roleblock on 2 marks is useless.

This is an incredibly weird version of roleblocker.

There do not appear to be vanilla roles.

Also Kash was more of a limited... Jailer type? Doctor type? He could "protect" one unmarked person. My role lets me block one multi-marked person. They are both super limited roles overall. If anything your unlimited doc of anyone is the outlier in what we have seen so far

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I think it makes sense to have one of em be scum, yeah

But since it makes sense to have one of em be scum, it would also make sense to make them all town just to fake us out so Somber can laugh at us thinking one of them just HAS to be a scumbo

So I would prefer to go by voting behaviour and tone reads etc etc rather than count a mark role as any evidence at this point in and of itself

Yeah too soon to say, but teeing up a townie to be vigged at night by another scum would be pretty good play

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bif, wouldn't scum boogie want nothing more than to let us shift the vote from RF to another townie so they could get an extra kill in at night?

Not sure that's what happened but I don't see how that path is more townie than scummy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, it's that on top of the fact that we had a glut of three kills last night. There could be ways around it but I think town vig is the most likely explanation. Especially with all these extra block or protection claims rolling in, two scum kills doesn't freakin seem like enough now

That’s fair, scum seem pretty powerful without the vig, but of course everyone has claimed a protective role too so it’s not completely out of the question

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am coming around on inf being scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Well, I cased ilmucche and hal a lot today. I think one of them would be godfather. I've already offered my reasons in the thread. The case against circle is that they're a lurker. I like hal and ilmucche more.

I always knew you liked me Toal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh well this sure sucks

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ilmucche posted:

##vote Sandwolf

Well that's quite bold given that we may be in some sort of LYLO situation

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh hey sandwolf who did you try and protect

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

oh nvm, I forgot there are two scumteams and based on NKs they’re adversarial

One team has lost two people and the other one person, right?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

you. I figured of the three “confirmed” by Bif, Circl may have been modkilled for inactivity, mucche has been scummiest

Yes all three of the people she "cleared" being alive is just great too. I guess we know none of us three is whatever the non-slaughter team is called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

you. I figured of the three “confirmed” by Bif, Circl may have been modkilled for inactivity, mucche has been scummiest

Hmm I am a bit of an odd choice over a claimed tracker and an Ecco cop since I was essentially vanilla last night

I presume bif killed Toal to keep from being tracked. Bif has weird death flavor too, maybe she couldn't live long without grandicap alive or some such thing