Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think the closest way to think about the previous life thing is she basically just gained her memories from an amnesia. Of course in this case its an entire life times worth of memories to a child so it affects her personality some. Like she lost any respect to the idea of being a noble because her previous life was a nerd with no respect toward anything. She isnt even that much better of a person now since most of her good acts are more motivated by fear of death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

jimmydalad posted:

Judging from the source material, god is listening.

Also, I am unaware about the manga, but the light novel has a section devoted to Anne. I'm not sure if it is going to be adapted, but I'm happy to discuss some Anne stories that would be around this point if people would be up for listening to them. I don't believe it will spoil any future plots as it's mostly about why Anne followed Katarina to the school and her relationship with her.

The manga skips a lot of other perspectives the LN apparently has. Its mainly in Katarinas perspective. Considering the pace I assume anime will do the same.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think its less she has brain damage from the fall and more that she was always socially dense. Its probably why she was the villain in a way, she just did whatever she wanted without really taking ques that she might get fired/stabbed. Now shes just being dense in a different direction.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Katarina didnt really do any big favors to Gerald really. Hes just into her now since she confuses him or something. So basically nothing has changed in this time line for him beyond that he isnt being forced into to marriage with her.
Edit: Which he didnt care about in the first place since he found her useful to avoid unwanted attention from other women.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 26, 2020

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I heard Fortune Lover is getting a demo with the blueray version of this anime. So I guess theres that.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i mean a noble marrying someone for political reasons and then having a secret lover on the side isnt exactly uncommon.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
My theory is in fact that the world meta has changed in a way where Geordi has take the role of the villainess, Bakarina has taken the role of protagonist and Maria has taken the role of Geordi. So Geordi is trying to break up Bakarina and Marias love and Maria will end up killing Geordi in self defence so they can live happily ever after with Bakarina.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Im assuming Keiths motivation is mostly keeping Bakarina in a state of not realising people are into her since he needs to keep the competetion down. If Geordo manages to make Bakarina realise hes into her, Keiths chances are pretty slim since he still needs to get through Bakarinas head that hes not her bro only.
Basically it seems most arent is exactly playing fair here. Geordo himself uses his position of being engaged to Bakarina heavily to try to win the competetion and even he knows he has heavy chances to lose. Because he cant tell what the hell Bakarina will do next. Mary has her own scheme too it seems. Marisa is probably the fairest of them all since she seems to just try to bribe Bakarina with sweets. Alan, Nicole and Sophia arent even that much attempting anything it seems. Though i suspect Sophia will try to ship Bakarina with her brother since thats what she does in the game.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
latest episode already showed that even if nicol admits he likes her, her brain will shut down.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Piell posted:

Katarina absolutely is worse at magic than she "should" be because she has no understanding how it works and thinks farming will increase her magic power.

The anime seems to have skipped this detail, but Katarina knows farming wont make her stronger in magic. She got tutored in magic like her adopted brother was, and got told farming wont help. She just kept doing it because she enjoyed it by the time she learned it doesent help. Plus i think she figured at some point farming is a good source of money if she gets exiled.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 17, 2020

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Katarina upgraded her earth bumb though, so I assume you can become better with training but it probably takes a lot more effort if you arent a natural, which Katarina definetly isnt.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Geord was always going to be hard to root for given that he has a built-in advantage of being actually engaged for a dumb reason, but having the most possessive and kinda creepy personality of the harem doesn't help matters much.

He doesent realise it but he actually will have the hardest time with Bakarina since in her head Geord is the biggest death flag around her. She is so concerned about it that she carries a snake in her pocket just to avoid that bad ending.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah a big complaint i hear about the LN is after the anime ends theres a pretty big time where the writer seems to be unsure what to do with the story and just makes filler. Though apparently it picks up later again when the writer comes up with a plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Huh, surprised this is getting a season 2 since a large chunk of the after part of this initial plot was seen as kind of fillery apparently. Wonder if theyll skip most of it and get to the good stuff instead since this seems to take some pleasant liberality on the story anyway to make to go smoother.