Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am down, PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dux = Ducks

Ducists = Duck-ists

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

drat this was my exact reaction irl lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

Eccogames are flavored as gently caress.

flavored to perfection :discourse:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

drat somber should write flavor for a game around the Duckists

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey I just technically completed my second year of law school so try not to expect too much from me today. I will be stoned out my gourd and probably a fair bit drunk later.

Will be down to clown tomorrow (May 2nd, not D2)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

He just won a game as scum and successfully lead the charge to execute me near the end. L*nch all lawyers

Jed! continuing to prove his intuitive ability as a mafia player

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

MisterJed posted:

I don’t think I’ve said this yet but I appreciate the Jed! Stuff. Once I actually win a game I need to make a version of that Jeb! Meme where he wins all 50 states, but with Phil Hellmuths face. Also congrats on getting through year 2 of law school

god I want that image to exist so bad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

HELLO I AM HERE TO PLAY GAME

I think Hawke (Hawke is birb, yes?) has been scummy here. The "someone tell me this is scummy so I can vote it" post makes me uneasy and I don't think they've said anything since that has made me feel better. Won't vote yet, though. I did think the weird attempt to pivot to binus was kinda weird.

And I'm seeing in the preview window Jed! is making a similar post so just read his instead.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

thinking about Jed!s post, I'm actually gonna vote Hawke, seeing what binus has said that implored Hawke to put his name out convinces me

##vote Hawke

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

xopods posted:

I'm not averse to voting Hawke, but something tells me that "lunch the person who is obviously acting weird D1 and claimed Miller-variant" is way too easy. Feels lazy and unlikely to be a correct lunch.

...wasn't Somber the one who claimed Miller-variant? and Hawke was trying to push on that?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thanks Jed!

can someone explain to me what a miller-variant is? Like a conditional Miller or a godfather?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

then why are you worried about him being voted?

Because it looks like a really obvious inducement of “look-over-there”-ism

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think Hawke is jumping on something Jed! said in a pretty desperate manner. I don’t think he was calling binus town, he was calling you scum and effectively pulling a name out of a hat for someone else to divert attention to.

Jed! is new but he doesn’t act like it and he was literally lunched as a town member in his most recent game partly because of that fact (I cast the hammer)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Saying that trying to get more info from Jed about whether he made a typical newbie mistake or a slip is a bit (here it comes folks)

Right but I’m directly challenging that, I think you pressing for info from his is sorta pointless? Do you expect him to say he made a slip? Do you expect him to say “aww I’m just a poor newbie pwease forgive me?”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jonathan Fisk posted:

hi, yeah, haven't read, will do so tomorrow

finals, papers, paranoid about not passing even with relaxed standards etc.

Hour at a time, next thing you know it’s passed, but I also realize the impotence of these kinds of statements

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m confused by your mention of me there Hawke? Can ya clarify?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

xopods posted:

Sandwolf might be scum:

1) Vote for Hawke whose weirdness makes him the easy, safe candidate

2) Buddying up to Jed (using Jed's admittedly very good performance in Tiger King as an excuse)

3) Mostly staying at arm's length from everything else going on

4) Seems a little too pleasant. Not that Sand's generally a giant dickbag or anything, but there's a bit more of a low-key "nice guy" vibe to his tone that seems like classic early-game scum

Not tryna defend myself with meta but 2) is cuz Jed! rocks, 3&4) are accurate but due to things happening in another game impacting my play-style a little bit.

I am not by any means confident of this Hawke vote but the Liger case seems a little weak and I haven’t seen anything else jump out at me as scummy.

If something changes though I’ll happily read into it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

oh sandnavy kinda pinged me but he’s a newbie so I’m not tryna jump down their throat D1

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also sandy solidarity

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Atomic Soda posted:

liger case?

would you vote spoonsy or mona?

Sure

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Liger isn’t in this game I got it confused with another I’m in I’m deeply sorry that won’t happen again.

While I’m always down to vote a lurker, it always makes me a little nervous when everyone starts piling on without much regard.

Has spoonsy said much of anything?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not posting a lot because I have my last ever exam tomorrow :sun:

unless I go JAG lmao can you imagine

Don’t do it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

I caught Spoonsy in a lie.

please explain??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

Oh god I forgot about the mudpies

look I get it, you took too small a slice, ya got mudpie on your hand, i ate the mudpie and now my stomach is totally hosed

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hey Somber, I'm sorry to hear about the rough patch ya been going through. Did you actually catch Spoonsy in a lie? Can you show me where and how badly you think his lie is?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spoonsy posted:

Yeah I too am going to ##vote somber because I feel like there's a decent level of shirtposting going on at the moment that seems to be looking for easy inactive targets

I think this is scummy

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would agree with you Spoonsy that that isn't much of a "gotcha in a lie."

I still think your vote there is scummy.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gamerofthegame posted:

i feel cheese

rupi kraft over here

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

What do people think of obvious scum sandnavyman

Newbies do scummy things all the time, so while I’m discounting how scummy he’s been, I’m not forgetting it.

If you had to lunch someone other than SNG, who would it be?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I also don’t see the spoonsy case.

I believe it’s a glorified lurker case, but I do think the way he dropped in, deflected, then dropped out was kinda bad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Spoonsy

Where did this Ixt thing come from?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

cheese sandwich posted:

It might be a bit late for this shift today but if we're looking at lurky people Ixtilton probably deserves a look more than spoonsy imo wrt actual content.

He's still here chiming in regularly but it's basically all bro posts. Unless this is a thing we expect? I don't remember him well. ph

With very quick follow up votes from Pmom/yuming

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Not casting shade until Spoonsy flips but if he flips scum that looks bad, with maybe the yuming vote being least bad, she had just stated she didn’t want to vote Spoons

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

I think she's cool 🤷

She’s debatably the coolest but is she scum!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

xopods posted:

Sorry, I'm dumb, I forgot there was a second sandperson in the game. In my brain "Sand" = "Sandwolf."

And it better fuckin stay that way! I’m Sand!

SNG works, like FNG but a sandperson.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PMom did you kill Fisk?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

xopods posted:

Now we need additional players named WolfGuy, SandGuy and NavyWolf.

All are welcome into my fold!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yuming did you just refer to yourself in the third person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yuming posted:

If this guy is scum he is the most adorable scum ever. :sun:

(I don't think sand is scum.)

Thanks!

SNG goes by SNG