Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Vargoth + Psyche split = 4 4/10s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Promoted Pawn posted:

So Highlander Mage has been bumming me out with all of its disappointing filler that lead up to payoff cards which simply don’t seem to do enough anymore so I decided to make a straight up simple Mage dragon control deck.

Removal Suite:
2x (1) Arcane Breath
2x (2) Frostbolt
2x (3) Scalerider
2x (3) Imprisoned Observer
2x (4) Fireball
2x (5) Rolling Fireball

I tried to key my cheap removal around 2 health for I think obvious reasons. Scalerider is loving bonkers right now and any dragon deck that isn’t running as many as possible is doing it wrong. Imprisoned Observer is great but with the slight caveat that if you just jam it out on turn 3 against an aggressive opponent who’s been developing well the first few turns then it’s probably going to be a turn too slow. One of my favorite plays with this deck is to coin out Scalerider on (2) then following up with Imprisoned Observer on (3). It’s almost game winning by itself against aggro/tempo decks. She’ll contest the board just enough to keep the opponent from punishing you too much for playing the Observer on curve.

I’ve been waffling back and forth between Ray of Frost and Frostbolt, but I think I’m settling on Frostbolt. I want there to be some flexibility in my early removal as far as damage output goes, and I think having a 3 damage option before Fireball comes online is important. Also being able to hit face for lethal or even just freeze their weapon for a turn can be worthwhile.

Dragons:
2x (4) Twilight Drake
2x (5) Big Ol’ Whelp
1x (5) Malygos, Aspect of Magic
1x (9) Alexstrasza
1x (10) Kalecgos

7 Dragons seems to be the sweet spot. The only real debate here is if Whelps or Cobalt Spellkin are better in the (5) slot. Personally, I think while almost all of Mage’s (1) spells are good, the extra 2 points of attack and drawing a card from my own deck are more valuable. By the time I’ve weathered the early storm, I’m looking to turn up the pressure and making them respect my 5 drop counts for a lot here. Malygos is surprisingly mediocre because usually I have better things to do in the mid game, but sometimes it’ll keep you alive in a pinch.

Big Swing Stuff:
1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
2x (6) Dragoncaster
1x (8) Deep Freeze
2x (8) Power of Creation
1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
1x (10) The Amazing Reno

Arcane Breath and Scalerider are good early game payoffs for running the dragon package, but Dragoncaster is the real deal. Stabilizing on (5), putting an absurd amount of stats on the board on (6), then attacking/Fireballing for tons of damage on (7) are how this deck ends games relatively quickly. Power of Creation is better in most situations just because of the flexibility, so I’m favoring it over Deep Freeze. Solarian Prime is an amazing play pretty much any time, she usually helps when behind and locks things up when ahead. Puzzle Box and Reno of course are great ways to get yourself out of sticky situations.

Tech/misc.:
1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x (3) Arcane Intellect

Acidic Swamp Ooze is just a really good tech card right now, almost all of the top decks in the meta run weapons of some sort. The Arcane Intellects are the worst cards in the deck, frequently I never have time to play them or never have the need to. I’m thinking of swapping them out for some combination of Bloodmage Thalnos, Evocation, and Conjurer’s Calling.

Overall, this deck has really surpassed my expectations since usually decks I make myself don’t really do that well but it seems to be holding its ground in the D5 tier against all the try-hards. Solid early game defense, big mid game punch, and enough gas to keep going in a long slog.

AAECAc2xAgjFBIoHip4DwqEDjLYD4bYDjbsD3sQDC7sCqwSWBY0IoJsD+qwD7K8D8K8D57ADh7EDw7gDAA==

I like this post. Dragon mag was my pre-rotation deck, but I swapped to tryout spell mage. Good to s imprisoned observer in a deck.
My question is, what about the explorer dragon? Not necessary to get more dragons with a kinda soft taunt?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wondrous wand and so on and son in such fashion.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Think he means the lower jaw migrating off screen.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

adamarama posted:

I think it's less than 15 health?

Used to be, not any more.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just laffo at beating golden priests, kinv anduins and warlocks with legend card backs with some lovely totem shaman at the start of yhe season when i only climb to s10.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Solo content releases in a week according to the in-game countdown. No details, huh.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

But spell mage is cool and fun.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm fairly happy i play without sound and don't bother reading.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

These single player set pieces are fine. Not too hard, quick to restart if things go wrong. They just lack a bit or reopayability. Dungeon runs were good for replayability, the old style adventures where you made your own decks offered more challenge as making a deck that worls could be half the challenge.

Fine, fairly easy, a little fun. It's all good apart from rhymes and too much dialogue at times.

The challenge mode coming next week i think will be bring your own deck and should live up to it's name. Then there will be replayability of trying different strats.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yestermoment posted:

(play 6 secrets Reno treasure is trash)

It's much better when you turn it into the Senior version and it has better stats and only requires 3 secrets fir the pay off.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Team Dog, Hafu, Thijs, Shtan.

Team Firebat, and others i forget, second.

Kripp and co third.

Kibler last.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mcbexx posted:

Man, this new legendary quest ("Concede four times") is really rough.

Posting as if every post could be the last, yay!

Restart 3 times then concede is faster.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kinda weird you can't use wild cards in the challenge mode. Eventually the decks that beat them now will rotate.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I came into the same way I came into the heroic Galakrond's awakening - build an OTK mage wild deck. Instead I've gone with a Rez priest, which from what I hear is the go.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chernabog posted:

Finally defeated all the bosses, what a slog. The first few are okay but the later ones are terrible.

Yeah, it's like that because you just build one stupid deck amd beat everything with it, instead of building a deck to counter the gimmick or whatever. Well, maybe you can build a deck that counters, but it's easier to counter bullshit with bullshit.

Endless vargoths, infiltrators and catarinas. Some bosses i had to restart a few times because it was still too much sometimes. Like kael - if you can get him to topdecking and pyroing your minions you can probably close it out. Otherwise he'll 4 x pyro you in 2 turns. Teron was also a bit annoying because you could take a lot of early damage trying to get value from the free clears and get double death coiled, or he steals my minions and I'm dead in the water.
I think the rest were 1 or 2 shots. Even Illidan only took 2 tries.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

What deck did you guys use for Illidan? He feels like a tier above all the other bosses.

All bosses including illidan with rez priest.

2 infiltrators, vargoth and catarina for minions
Quest
Plagues of death, breath spell, holy nova, words of pain and death, penance, renew, 1 radiance for self healing spikes with vargoth. Grave runes, the new splitting spell. Mass dispels.
Something like that. Oh and mass rez.

Use quest and just keep self healing until you can get some minions down. Best to have 2 infiltrators and vargoth die, then mass rez for an easy win.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kaesarsosei posted:

Can you link me some cheese decks to get this over with?

### Day of the Dead
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Words
# 1x (1) Activate the Obelisk
# 1x (1) Radiance
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Penance
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Grave Rune
# 2x (4) Holy Nova
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Psyche Split
# 1x (5) Time Rip
# 1x (8) Catrina Muerte
# 2x (9) Mass Resurrection
# 2x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAECAZ/HAgbWmQOTmwOYmwPdqwPRrAPNrwMMyQbTCtYK1wqClAOZmwOZqQOfqQPZrAPyrAOTugOWugMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Not really refined but it does work.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lock Illidan away for another 10,000 years.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Scholomance is a school for magic.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Azzinoth, some attack buffs, and that guy.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I hope it does make a 0/0 that dies instantly because that will be funnier with 0 mana librams and the coin.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

When done as a draw 3 or 4, it will 100% be Outcast.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

9 mana 10/10 demon; At the end of your turn steal 1 health and attack from all enemy minions.

Demon Hunter

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Word is golden packs don't follow the guarantee rules.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Class cards from other classes aren't neutral, who would have known.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Out of curiosity, what do Tri-Class cards from MSG count as, class cards or neutral? They're in the neutral card collection iirc.

Google says they counted as class cards.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Paladin should be bad because Paladins themselves are garbage. Likewise, delete Demon Hunter because Illidan should never have been released.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Excuse me. Paladins are elite warriors of good. Agreed on demon hunters tho

But the holy light is garbage- hence paladins are garbage.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The holy light comes from those strangely shaped light bulb people like Adal. It's garbage. Westshire villagers would be better off undead.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh good, I can dust the golden illucia I unpacked, and recraft a normal one.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What deck counters mountseller druid?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Cheers. I'll try those. I need to update my decks and I'll see.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Specifically Bomb Warrior, as the Risky Skipper decks get eaten alive by the rushy beasts.

Any Priest does fine, and you can also play Face Hunter with the 2x Freezing Trap + 2x Pressure Plate package.

Finally Secret Miracle Rogue is favored, if you have good Created By luck.

Okay Bomb warrior felt good against this "Every druid I've played for the last month" deck. I played subpar but easily turned the game around even though I misplayed badly one turn (when my laptop turned off due to low battery, among other things i did poorly).

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

People must have too much gold, eh. This and selling a card back for gold (if didn't get it 2 years ago).

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

L0cke17 posted:

the 1k gold tavern brawl is bullshit. I took pure paladin and died on turn 4 or 5 to face hunter 3x in a row.

Regis Kilbin has a video up that's pretty much: Don't bother playing the heroic brawliseum, it's not worth it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Blizz has said New Jaina and the horseman will get unique voice lines in a future patch.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I did the one match of the last 4 solo stuff, in normal modes, did the rexxar story thing, entered BG and left right away, and got the golden students. Didn't even do arena - mabe just have to have an active arena run.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Toshimo posted:

I just did a brawl and didn't advance any of my quest completions. WTF?

Yeah, only my "Play 3 games as x,y,z class" quests advanced in brawl or in playing against a friend. Draw cards, win games, didn't progress for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Xguard86 posted:

Check if it did. I didn't get a pop up but they advanced yesterday.

I checked mine - no change even after relogging.