Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Oldest machinist's textbook owned.

"The Progressive Machinist" printed in 1902.

Hoping someone has an older one bc that would be rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

weed cat posted:

I'm guessing not; I think the famous Reddit AMA with a two-dicked guy turned out to be phony...?
Please don't tell me Santa isn't real.

Crimson posted:

That's my record and you'll get it from my cold, dead hands. Just give me this one thing...I have nothing else.

I don't know what year it was from but that seems shockingly low to me too. I have bottles worth a little more than that these days. If we're updating the record I have a couple of these in storage that are trending over $20,000.

How the hell is a 10 year old bottle of worth $20,000+? What's the story with that?

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

my middle school science teacher used to drink two 2-liters of Coca-Cola every day. he was violently hospitalized and removed from the classroom for a month, after which he returned and gave us a really good lesson on how caffeine or whatever addiction drinking shitloads of coke gives you will give you heinous heroin-esque cold turkey withdrawals

I drink 4 liters of diet pepsi every day. More, if I'm drinking. It's alot, but not "will kill you alot". I've caffeine a few times. I usually use green tea to ease myself off. Caffeine withdrawals only take about 36 hours to get over, and they're not that bad.

I want to know the goon with the biggest steam account.

https://steamdb.info/calculator/

718 games. Guess I could pad it with all of the free games. The amount of money is kinda meaningless, since we all use steam sales.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah I have more games than that and my collection pales in comparison to many people on my friends lists; I want to say Tecman is a likely candidate for the Goon with the most Steam games, except I have no idea what his Forums name is. Well I guess it could be Tecman but I do not think I have ever seen a Tecman up in these parts

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yeah I have more games than that and my collection pales in comparison to many people on my friends lists; I want to say Tecman is a likely candidate for the Goon with the most Steam games, except I have no idea what his Forums name is. Well I guess it could be Tecman but I do not think I have ever seen a Tecman up in these parts

Tecman used to do the giant OPs for the Steam threads in like 2010-2014 or so.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Well that certainly makes sense.

The record for the fastest identification of Tecman

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=tecman

Haven't posted in almost exactly a year :X

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

UltraRed posted:

How the hell is a 10 year old bottle of worth $20,000+? What's the story with that?

It's from arguably one of the finest vineyard sites in the world, which also happens to be a rather tiny site so the production is very small. The winery itself is legendary, and with age their Pinots can have an otherworldly, intoxicating aroma and flavor profile that can transcend just about any other wine. In the last several decades they've become the de facto collectible bottle for the wealthy, and they continuously drive the prices higher and higher. Chinese billionaires in particular love to gobble it all up and they bid the prices so high because they don't give a poo poo what it costs. The wine is amazing, but not worth it unless five figures for a bottle of wine means little to you and your bank account.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

UltraRed posted:

I drink 4 liters of diet pepsi every day. More, if I'm drinking. It's alot, but not "will kill you alot". I've caffeine a few times. I usually use green tea to ease myself off. Caffeine withdrawals only take about 36 hours to get over, and they're not that bad.

This is fascinating. Where do you keep that much pepsi cold, is your fridge just jam packed with 2 liter bottles?

How often do you use the bathroom?

If you're ever in a situation where you can't get diet pepsi, do you get cravings or agitation or headaches?

Do you feel like it affects your mood or your body in any way?

What percentage of your garbage or recycling bin is filled with diet pepsi bottles / cans?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

935 posted:

Been in the most amount of street fights

I'm almost sure I'm a contender for this one, but I can't give you an exact number. I was raised in the favelas and got into a lot of gang fights. To this day I'm constantly having to deal with complications from all the knife wounds. I think over the yeas I've written like a lot on the violence in the slums, and even the story I'm writing right now is just me venting about it.

I have no idea how many fights that was, but ballpark ~150 over my teenage years?

Either way I wouldn't want to be on the list for that. I'm not ashamed of it but I'm not proud of it either. It was a lovely time.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Elentor posted:

I'm almost sure I'm a contender for this one, but I can't give you an exact number. I was raised in the favelas and got into a lot of gang fights. To this day I'm constantly having to deal with complications from all the knife wounds. I think over the yeas I've written like a lot on the violence in the slums, and even the story I'm writing right now is just me venting about it.

I have no idea how many fights that was, but ballpark ~150 over my teenage years?

Either way I wouldn't want to be on the list for that. I'm not ashamed of it but I'm not proud of it either. It was a lovely time.
There are probably parts of the forums where you posting this does not stand out, but this does not feel like one of those places, and caused me to immediately think "wow, I want to know more about this"

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Elentor posted:

Here is what I don't get. You have a super pretty face, how could you take the risk to get scarred for life by some dumb bitch with a lucky strike?

I always thought I was going to gently caress up her face on purpose and would for sure rip her earrings right out of her ears the few times I came close to a fight. I'd always take out my earrings before throwing someone out of the bar for example. I never got into an actual fight-- completely different than your experience.

But serious question about the face. It MATTERS what we look like...

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spinz posted:

Here is what I don't get. You have a super pretty face, how could you take the risk to get scarred for life by some dumb bitch with a lucky strike?

I always thought I was going to gently caress up her face on purpose and would for sure rip her earrings right out of her ears the few times I came close to a fight. I'd always take out my earrings before throwing someone out of the bar for example. I never got into an actual fight-- completely different than your experience.

But serious question about the face. It MATTERS what we look like...

I did get a few facial scars though, I don't mind listing them. I have a pretty big knife scar in my lower lip that cut it split open from top down at the time. I broke my nose enough times that I have some bumps at their sides, but luckily they go unnoticed if people don't know what to look for (and also I'm pretty good at hiding them with glasses). One of my eyebrows has a thin line where hair doesn't grow anymore but that's also easy to cover and most people can't see it. That same eye tends to be slightly more closed than the other because of nerve damage (and that shows in most of my pics). Also I'm 30-something still wearing braces, so there's that.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 24, 2020

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Final Seraph84 posted:

Bitcoin records:
Cheapest price paid for 1 bitcoin: Seraph84 - ~$255

I dunno about the rest of your bitcoin records there but this one is pretty funny because with any self awareness you'd probably realize you were beaten by several orders of magnitude here. Bitcoin popped up on these forums when it was like pennies and more a general tech demo. I recall several stories of goons legit just genuinely interested in the tech behind it and not the whole becoming a pyramid scheme thing telling stories about how they traded hundreds of coins for a pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Elentor posted:

I've made a lot of assorted posts about it over the years, but the highlights:
Well. There you have it.

I appreciate your summary, and goddamn. I guess I hope I read the book and see the movie someday.