Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

Now that the NBA is taking action I can't wait for the rest of the country to get really serious about BLM for a few weeks and then give up.

If it was 2017, yeah. But this issue isn't going away. Anyone intelligent realizes that at this point. It's causing so much social disruption and costing too many lives and most importantly for people in power, too much money.

Politicians and business leaders who want to play head in the sand will find themselves replaced in november, if not the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Reality is getting too predictable. I called this poo poo but was off by 2 and a half hours.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

mango sentinel posted:

It's gonna get declared self defense, they'll choose not to prosecute the gun charges, and it will be open season on protesters.

I think open season on protesters is really hyperbolic but I think he's gonna get off with self defense too.

From what I've read it really does seem like the first guy he shot did actually attack him first, and two others jumped in after he got shot. ...Which I have to admit in the kids defense...if I was carrying a large gun openly and someone was stupid enough to attack me I could probably imagine in the moment they're just as stupid to push to lethal force rather than disarming.

But if he didn't want to shoot someone he wouldn't have brought a gun. I honestly just don't imagine the murder 1 is going to stick though. There is some nuance, and his age to consider. And you know. White young republican who will be lionized and made into a celebrity.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Blake did not have a knife. At a presser they said they found a knife in the floorboard of his car. Which says nothing about intent or anything. I have a knife on my car dashboard and I completely forget about it until I need it as a tool.

If Blake had a weapon the cops would be on every news channel with crocodile tears about what a dangerous thug this guy was and how they had no choice. Praise to the heroic self sacrificing actions. Beautify us.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Zapf Dingbat posted:

"Guys, I got it. Let's run the country like a business. You see businesses are much more efficient and......"

That's been running through my head this past month. I can't believe I used to believe this poo poo but then again I was 20.

It's one of those trueisms that on the surface makes a lot of sense and if you work for a business it's easy to see how efficiency and improving and beating out competitors is an important aspect of delivering a product or service.

But if you look past the surface even a little bit it falls apart really quickly. Businesses cut corners, fail all the time, and multiple page paragraphs of other things that government specifically cannot do to be successful.

Governing isn't a business. It's just hard work. Compromise. Take and give.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

HonorableTB posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress happened but somehow I made a post without actually posting because wtf I did not make this

Yeah noticing some weird stuff. Had made a few posts that completely disappeared and I don't think they were controversial / off topic. That and more likely to just get probated.

I agree with the ghost post though. It's always going to be an irony how had Trump actually put in the work and used the presidency instead of a scheme to self-enrich himself and his lackeys, working out a lifetime of insecurities transparently, and actually worked to "drain the swamp" as he has complete control over the republican party with a cult of personality, as well as infastructure spending, et al he would actually be getting the positive coverage he desperately craves.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/1300647936003657728

someone thinks they know where they found trumps insane plane thing from and its from everyone favorite beating victim.

I'd like to find out how to join the antifa supersoldier program. I've always seen myself as a leftwing supersoldier. *has moobs*

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wait. You're telling me that Antifa and Black Lives Matter have actual top down leadership rather than a loose confederation of people with differing agendas and personalities who are mostly united under one common idea?

I never would have suspected these nefarious social justice warriors were so organized, and they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for that meddling President, and that pesky Chad Wolf too.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

Antifa has become so powerful that they have stealth planes and undetectable commando squads.

We're gonna have the antifa space force by the end of the election.

Anyone know how to join being an antifa supersoldier?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Oh god they say they're investigating the antifa leadership? I'm nervous. Because it's me. I'm the shadow at the top of the pyramid, I'm the shining star at the end of the path. I AM THE HEAD OF ANTIFA.

HAIL HYDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Can you ask Soros where my check is because I just got laid off from my deep infiltration mission at my job full of CHUDS and haven't gotten paid poo poo for ranting on FB

TIA.

Biggerboat. Biggerboat...... As the CEO of Antifa I'm looking through my lists and I can't find you. You might have signed up with the wrong organization and instead joined one of the thousands of individual cells that merely use the name and general ideology. But I promise get this sorted out. I'm about to go into a meeting with Overlord Soros and I'll make sure you get your untraceable welfare checks, gourmet food stamps, and a seat on the next supersoldier flight to whatever protest we false flag next.

Hail satan, brother.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

:perfect:
I'm gonna have to down the cocktail of painkillers that Jack Kennedy injected. The laughter was too painful. I think I need a doctor.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

200 page file.

Uhhh....I'd like to see it because I get the feeling after 100 pages you probably should be on desk duty.

Or you know. Fired.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Why are we still politicizing masks after 9 months of coronavirus hell, Donald? I don't get it. Like. I really don't understand the mentality. He wants the coronavirus to end...so why would he be against masks? It just doesn't connect.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Fallom posted:

There's nothing more to it than that he sees his most vocal supporters act like wearing masks is a sin against God and America

Yeah like. Ok, I completely understand the stupidity that is "I don't want big gubmit tellin' me what to do". Here is the thing though, is he influences them. And it's in his best interests to do a national mask mandate even.

Like, he wants less coronavirus numbers. Ok. Great. So he needs to start wearing a mask and then just talking about what a big strong yuge man he is and how big strong yuge men wear masks because they don't wanna get people sick, and being thoughtful like that gets you totally laid and women and doctors tell you how amazing you are with tears in their eyes.

Promoting masks, are in his absolute best interest. And I know for a fact I've literally put more thought into this than he ever has.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I like how they're so neurotic that they have to photoshop a huge crowd so later tonight or tomorrow Trump can go YUGEST BIGGLIEST WINNER CROWDS!!! when it's like....the unphotoshopped crowd size is actually respectable, especially with Covid-19 out there.

It's just pathetic.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

JT Jag posted:

https://twitter.com/ACLUVA/status/1301938087266840576?s=20

Every Democratic no or abstain in this list needs primarying.

Abstaining on this important issue? Beyond cowardice. They need to get primaried, hard.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

"Oh god we're getting killed on this troops thing, quick, do a racism that will distract them!"

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My family was a bit more well to do but I have the exact same experience as Spitz who wrote out a really great summary of boating.

It's a great hobby.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm going to sue you for the mental and emotional damage you've inflicted on me for sharing this video. See you in court rear end in a top hat.

But seriously I literally felt the neurons dying while watching this.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Flater posted:

You need to take a look at your country without the eyes of American exceptionalism, this kind of thing has been done in countries all over the world, the CIA itself has helped make it happen a few times. Law is already halfway out the window, cops are brutalizing people unchecked, it's just the pretense of law that is being kept because it's useful. I don't think you are accurately evaluating the cunning and strategy of your opponents because you are too angry

It's a great thing that Trump had antagonized the military, intelligence agencies, the largest political blocs, the media, and literally everyone who isn't white or it might have been an issue.

I don't think you're properly evaluating the actual weakness of president Trump because you're too anxious.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Like. I have to post this time and time again because the new doomposters come in and it's like.

Ok. Reality check. Donald Trump is not some all powerful figure. He only even is still in office right now because republicans are terrified of their constituents but privately hate the guy. The idea he has some iron grip is laughable. He's transparently corrupt and incompetent, neurotic. He's weak. And everyone but the 30% of americans who like him know it.
Even he knows it. Anyone in a position of strength doesn't try to suggest delaying elections. Which got completely shot down by his own party. Or a variety of other things in the past.

This isn't some tinpot dictatorship where speaking up gets you and your family shot or else I couldn't be making this post.

Yes. People are getting hurt in the streets. But it's not like police are systemically killing protesters. Over policing? You bet. And I mean... Hundreds of thousands of americans just had protests and riots in every state and territory over the on television murder of a black man for literally no reason. And the police were -absolutely overwhelmed.-

Trump openly trying to create an imperial presidency and jail opposition or crazy poo poo? When people are actually tuned in? That's when the riots really begin.

Military leadership has already explicitly said they're not supporting donald trump except for their constitutional duties. Firing on and mass incarceration of american citizens is against their oaths. If Joe Biden wins the election on Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 they will be following his orders.

And lastly. Say the police support him. Say DHS goes to bat for Trump. The fact is the largest political organization in the country is the democratic party. And one of the leaders of that is Barack Hussein Obama.

D&D is hard on Obama's record and rightfully so. But at the end of the day he is a political statesman and has the knowledge, experience, and popularity to lead the country. Hate him all you want but he's significantly more popular than Donald Trump or really any possible presidential candidate right now and I have no question he could cast down any would be king's aspirations as long as he's alive.

So no. This doomposting and fear mongering is dumb to me. Am I saying it can't happen? Absolutely not. It's important to think about. But realize too that our political and economic system relies on democratic ideals and disrupting that disrupts the money spigot that elites enjoy so much. An incompetent, unstable, and stagnant imperial presidency is not in their best interests and anyone with half a brain knows that.

Right now it's all working because Trump might be skirting the rules but everyone else realizes this is not normal and actively trying to keep things as stable as possible. He has to attack the edges like postal service. The center is too strong.

Edit: gently caress it. We'll do it live. :toxx: I'm confident that most of america is done with Donald Trump. Joe Biden will be the next president of the united states.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 7, 2020

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Lol sure bud, the thing keeping America from going over the edge is the DNC and Obama.

Eh. Not the DNC. More the point is the majority of this country is democratic party.

I absolutely believe if Trump openly attempted a takeover that Obama and those who support him would be a strong impediment to his ascendency.

Whatever criticism we have of the man's policies I think he's shown himself to be a genuinely good person. And if we collectively actually needed him to be leader again to save America I'm confident he'd do it. But we don't.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Maria Juana posted:

Is this post from 2015 or something? It was already revealed that Obama knew that Trump was bankrolled by the Russian mafia right after the election and decided to not do anything even after it was shown that he had literally cheated to win.

I don’t think the guy who went kite surfing during the tumultuous first weeks of the Trump presidency would ever come to your political rescue, but that’s just me.

Because a president interfering with the election of a political rival absolutely wouldn't come out and cause a significant backlash.

Say...Wasn't a recent president actually impeached in the house for trying to solicit foreign help in elections?

I don't think people realize Trump undermines institutions and trust in things because he's so weak outside his shrinking republican base it's literally the only way to hold on to power.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Barry Foster posted:

This is staggeringly naive.

I notice that people are laser focusing on my opinion of Obama as a subjective political leader and objectively excellent campaigner rather than any other argument I set forth as to why Trump can't, won't, or will fail in extreme hypothetical fear mongering scenarios.

If the idea that because Obama didn't do full communism now, or focused too much party power on his elections and is even a minor obstacle these days to a serious progressive agenda makes him a bad person or uninterested in the overall health of the nation is extremely limited and ideologically pure wishful thinking.

I can think of more criticism of Obama's presidency than I have praise. He wasted his potential. But the idea he was some terrible president is just dumb.

Trump has revealed and eroded weakness in our institutions. And 4 more years he'd damage them further. Possibly to the breaking point. But that doesn't mean they still don't exist or aren't strong. They're resistant to change. Which is unfortunate for is most of the time, but not right now.

Anyway I don't wanna Obama derail too much more. If someone has novel criticism I'd genuinely love to hear it but otherwise just going to ignore drive by poo poo posts like this one.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 7, 2020

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I don't understand what you think he would do. If Trump steals the election through the courts like Bush did, what are you imaging Obama would do? Declare himself the true president?

No. my response was going beyond undermining confidence and trying to actively hold on to power through overt extralegal means.

I would say in that case the democrats would roll over. But who knows? What if Roberts pulls a fastball and doesn't want repeat of 2000?

As been pointed out Dems are too concerned about :decorum: and short term painless solutions to rather than stressful but long term healthy fixes.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jesus that reaction about him not taking off the mask. Are you loving kidding me guy? Like good lord.

Again it's amazing to me that this motherfucker seems to equate masculinity with not wearing a mask. Like. Wearing a mask literally lowers coronavirus numbers. He's literally hurting himself by not strongly endorsing it. And I'm putting more thought into this than he ever will. I don't loving get it man.

Check it out, I'm such an alpha male that I would have joined the navy SEALS but if I did I'd have to beat the poo poo out of the instructors and that's just not a good look for the other guys. But my lungs, and freedom is so fragile that if I wear a mask I'll loving die.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Djarum posted:

Well to be fair the F-35 is a disaster. Publicly everyone involved is cheering it on like it is the greatest airframe ever created, privately it is a different story all together. The only buyer that is happy with it at all is the US Marines and they have issues with it.

Personally if I were in charge I’d cut the A and C models, focus all development on the B as the VTOL systems mostly work and it is a needed capability for other partners. Focus on a single variant means it might actually work at some point in the future.

Sorry but that would mean jobs leave my district and so that's absolutely loving unacceptable, even if it's literally just a trillion dollar military industrial welfare program.

Edit: The F35 is basically the fighter jet version of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Sep 8, 2020

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

If we re-elect Donald Trump we deserve everything we get. He really is a dumb, malicious motherfucker.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/09/emails-show-hhs-muzzle-fauci-410861

When it rains, it pours. HHS trying to muzzle Fauci.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

He'd commit damnatio memoriae on Obama if given the chance.

Been happening for a while, but it's becoming more blatant recently.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/449240-trump-touts-passing-va-bill-that-passed-under-obama

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

This is terrific and I hope we do win the senate. Republicans had literally everything for 2 years and did nothing with it. They have zero interest in governance. So while it's a shame that the filibuster will prevent more egregious actions on their part, on the flip side the party that actually wants to govern will do so.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Glenn has bigger fish than appearing on Tucker Carlson to talk Mueller

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1304834279340486657

Honestly, this is genius and I absolutely support Trump pardoning Snowden even if the reason is just merely to own Obama. It's still a great outcome.

But gently caress Assange.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

It's crazy propaganda like this that is encouraging right wingers to murder people. They are being whipped into a state of permanent terror and by the time we get to election day I can only imagine how terrible things will get.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1305913175787921408?s=20

I'm furious. Which one of you leaked about the necromancy and demon summoning rituals?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I don't know what he's talking about. I'm the CEO of Antifa. Hail satan.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

I don’t know which of Trump’s babysitters keep telling him that bringing up the Swine Flu is a good strategy but I hope he keeps doing it.

I went to a convention during swine flu and managed to catch it.

It was a mild flu that didn't devastate the population and as I recall the Obama admin was completely on top of it and giving factual "everyone rowing in the right direction" information the entire time.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I hope this is absolutely true because stupid poo poo like this is exactly what the trump campaign needs right now to look even more unhinged and incompetent.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Shammypants posted:

FBI director Edward Snowden

I'm unironically in full support of this.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Oh this really sucks. I love Ruth. She's been such an important fixture of American society. I wouldn't be incorrect in saying she will be looked back as a legendary court judge.

But drat girl I wish you retired when Obama was in office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

This is the line Biden needs to take. I know he doesn't really want to pack the court, but saying he does is pretty much the only strategic option at this point.

No this is exactly right. This needs to be the fact he takes. "If Mitch Mcconnell breaks the prescedent he set, I will have no choice but to pack the courts".

That way he gives moderate republicans cover and they maintain their majority conservative opinion when the vote fails.