Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bud Manstrong posted:

How was riding that road? I didn’t have a bike with me when we went this spring, but the traffic didn’t seem bad at all.

I went early from Hatch and it was super chill. Wasn’t much traffic at all and even less so after the main parking lots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Fifty Three posted:

On the most recent ride it developed some front brake shudder but I'll figure it out.

Did you bed in the pads?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Fifty Three posted:

Sure didn't. :( Embarrassing, I'm comfortable with car and motorcycle maintenance and never even considered bedding in bicycle brakes. Not sure where I'd go around here for a good spot to bed them in, I'll have to look around for solid hills. Appreciate the guidance. According to SRAM it sounds like I might be in for new rotors and pads, ah well.

Noted and thanks, I'll check that too.

Thanks! I love the way the paint shifts from blue to green depending on sunlight, and I'm glad the LBS upsold me on dope pedals for the performance as much as the color.

Nah, doubt you’ll need new anything. I’d pull the pads and look at them, at worst you might need to sand them a bit and clean the rotors.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Venge crew rise up

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Any chance I can get to go gloveless I’m taking.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

eeenmachine posted:

This is my new electronic bicycle, it is red.
Trek Domane+ SLR 9 eTap 🙀

Do you have the shortest legs out there?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The googly eye is incredible.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Need to bring my Marin to Marin

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I want the tanwall Terra Speeds but the black walls are the only ones ever on sale :(

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Can’t believe the dog already crashed the bike

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Dogs are loving terrible at bikes you doofus

fuk u

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSgAZdgLFI

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It sure isn’t

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Paul Proteus posted:

First time buying a new bike in 10 years. Upgrading from a BMC Race Master to this. I was going to wait for the Supersix 2 with the tacky green paintjob but got a deal I couldn't turn down. The iridescence is better in person.

Now cut that steerer down bby

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

brand new Surly Straggler :toot:

I'd also like to get some colorful bags, but unsurprisingly most bikepacking stuff is pretty muted. Topo Designs makes some very bright colorful stuff but only for a relatively small handlebar bag and small frame bag, and I was thinking of getting like a half-frame bag or a large handlebar bag.

For the bags, Oveja Negra wack pack stuff might fit the bill. https://www.ovejanegrabikepacking.com/collections/wack-pack-color-collection

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 30, 2023

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

“Just replace the entire groupset”

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tarlibone posted:

I headed to the bicycle shop to get my 650B tires trued up--they might be fine, but I don't want to slap them on the bike to try to check it myself only to have to take them off to head to the shop anyway. While there, I got a rack for the bike, because of course I did. I may move the rack from my road bike to my wife's Verve, since it has disc brakes, but we'll cross that bridge later. At any rate, I also ordered some drink cages from Amazon that are more appropriate than the black ones I had kicking around that I slapped on there before its first 20-mile ride.

Nice.

Amazon's listing for these cages had a "teal" color that looked way too light, so I went with emerald, which leans more on green. It doesn't match the front STATE color very well, but it does somehow match the first "shadow" color behind it. At a distance, though, I think the effect is pretty much what I was looking for. I probably would've had better luck going with the teal color, but this is good enough for now. (Also, they're cheap, so I can always get the teal ones.) I'm going to get a light blue Wahoo mount to complete the look. It won't be perfect, but it won't be too bad.

You took wheels that might be perfectly fine to the shop to true them? You could just spin them in your hand to verify if they were out of true. Seems like a way to burn money unnecessarily

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Post more of the dog

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Did some drivetrain upgrades along with the 36cm Wiggle bars before they stopped shipping to the USA.

We’ve got AXS front and rear derailleurs, a 12 speed HG cassette, a KMC chain, and 11 speed SRAM rings. None of this is officially compatible but it works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

dema posted:

You can't post a build with eeBrakes and not post the weight. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

I am far too lazy to take off the saddle bag, bottle cages, and Assiomas to get the fancy weight, but it's about 16.5lbs. I have some Dura Ace C24s tubs that can go on to really lighten it up but short of doing Mt Washington again racing on tubs is for the birds!!