Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I am incredibly weirded out that Mr steak seems to have gained access to binuses SA account and is sock puppetting him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no, nobody's sockpuppeting my account

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

no, nobody's sockpuppeting my account

lol im dying

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

1. I disagree.
2. We learn who did and did not vote for him, and why, and can find the people afraid to be part of a town flip, or happy to join in a bandwagon. Or sal will flip scuk and you'll eat crow.

Amni I would like you to make a summary case on why you think Sal is the best vote today.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amnistar posted:

He comes across as frustrated, which isnt really a tell for any alignment

That I get but for me the self-vote is the thing. Scum really don't self-vote often (ignoring when they hammer themselves to close a day early) because their loss would mean so much to their team and I think also cause they have their scumbuds to encourage them to keep on fighting. I guess I could be getting played here but based on my experience I don't think I am.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

That I get but for me the self-vote is the thing. Scum really don't self-vote often (ignoring when they hammer themselves to close a day early) because their loss would mean so much to their team and I think also cause they have their scumbuds to encourage them to keep on fighting. I guess I could be getting played here but based on my experience I don't think I am.

I've seen some heinous poo poo in contrast to this

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im about to vote mr steak for the crime of not being able to read my posts

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Jon Joe posted:

Amni I would like you to make a summary case on why you think Sal is the best vote today.

I am happy with the posts I have made about my feelings on Sal's alignment.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

I am happy with the posts I have made about my feelings on Sal's alignment.

I reread your posts then and this is what I see:

1. You think Sal made a genuine scumslip, even though you recognize the the core of the post being a joke
2. You think everything Sal has posted since then is alignment neutral

This does not feel like a strong case to me. You are welcome to expound your feelings.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Mr. Steak posted:

i started this game with 1 influence and as soon as i send this post, i'm pm'ing cpig to transfer that 1 influence to byers because i really dont care about it, and if he's being genuine, he'll send his to someone else too.

Ok, so I got your influence, and my immediate question is why did you send it off? To prove I'm wrong about your intentions? This seems extreme, and I don't get how people see this as town. It's the equivalent of a teen accused of shoplifting ripping off his pants and saying, "Here, take it!"

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Jon Joe posted:

I reread your posts then and this is what I see:

1. You think Sal made a genuine scumslip, even though you recognize the the core of the post being a joke
2. You think everything Sal has posted since then is alignment neutral

This does not feel like a strong case to me. You are welcome to expound your feelings.

Nope, thats about it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

My role PM

lmao

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

mikeycp posted:

less day = less content = less analysis

the only people who want days to end early are non-townies

bad take, this is how you end up 15 minutes to deadline needing 1 vote and the scum are in the thread posting "will i or won't i hmmmmmmmm hehehehehe"

when cheese sandwich shows up and makes a flurry of posts within 2 hours of the deadline you'll see what I mean

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

stop talking about setup spec

I don’t care what anyone’s theory of how many scum teams there are. Let’s find ANY scum before we start talking about setup.

They asked, I answered. We should be able to maintain different chains of inquiry and conversation without being distracted from our ultimate goal.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

Nope, thats about it.

Okay. Are there any other players you're giving the stink eye right now?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Again...I didn't write the role PM

it's sounding like you're not reading it either

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Byers, what do you think of Sal?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

I don't like how definite you sound about there being multiple scum teams

I guarantee there are multiple scum teams. May CPig modkill me if I'm wrong.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Jon Joe posted:

Okay. Are there any other players you're giving the stink eye right now?

Tobbs, Gumball, Byers

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

here are my argument's against Sal's execution:

1. Sal does stuff like this every game
2. he's going to flip town and we're going to get 0 information from it

this is true meta-wise but also I think performative self-voters are always anti-town even if they're actually town. by placing himself at -3 with that self-vote he has made a very clear dichotomy for today: either you are discussing The Sal Lunch or you are grasping at straws looking for an alternative and trying to herd cats to get them to look at that alternative.

mafia players are hilariously simple-minded and will target lock on the first "good case" they see for the day to the detriment of all other possibilities

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

JJ I always and truly appreciate it when you defend me (especially when you are the lone voice) but it's totally fine. I did this to myself by not understanding my role pm and making a stupid loving joke.

this reads as either someone who is giving up on playing mafia or a scum who is going to gloat when they survive the lunch today

having flashbacks of sng

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

I guarantee there are multiple scum teams. May CPig modkill me if I'm wrong.

Do you have a guarantee beyond "And let god himself strike me down!" or do you just really like making definitive statements?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

this is true meta-wise but also I think performative self-voters are always anti-town even if they're actually town. by placing himself at -3 with that self-vote he has made a very clear dichotomy for today: either you are discussing The Sal Lunch or you are grasping at straws looking for an alternative and trying to herd cats to get them to look at that alternative.

mafia players are hilariously simple-minded and will target lock on the first "good case" they see for the day to the detriment of all other possibilities

I dont like it that humalong is trying day 1

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Again...not sure what gives me the ability to steal influence.

fangs would certainly be one possibility

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

no, nobody's sockpuppeting my account but that b-minus1 guy is so cool, check out his patreon if you want to support a real swell mafia player

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Im glad you're seeing the humour in this that I am

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Can you see the difference between these two statements?

One suggests a setup scenario, the other suggests scum behavior that setup would push the game towards? You scumhunt two or more scum teams differently than a single team.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

One suggests a setup scenario, the other suggests scum behavior that setup would push the game towards? You scumhunt two or more scum teams differently than a single team.

Oh? How so?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tommunist posted:

I dont like it that humalong is trying day 1

i'm going back to my nap, I still got another good hour

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

In regards to tpink, I don't agree with the case on them from earlier; I thought it was clear they were calling out Dick and Rarity. I like even less how Dick then pivoted from me and tpink to Sal.

As for Sal, most scumslips aren't and the frustration is real, I think he's badgered town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

I like even less how Dick then pivoted from me and tpink to Sal.

I find it curious how you called out Dick for this when I did the exact same thing

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

For what?

I’m at work in a place with no internet at all.

I am at lunch now so I’m not gonna read 350 posts yet

Later tonight I will not be at work with no internet but you call me out from now until then and I won’t even know!

2 minutes. Hal responded to a callout in 2 minutes.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Mr. Humalong posted:

bad take, this is how you end up 15 minutes to deadline needing 1 vote and the scum are in the thread posting "will i or won't i hmmmmmmmm hehehehehe"

when cheese sandwich shows up and makes a flurry of posts within 2 hours of the deadline you'll see what I mean

ok. i mean within reason. i thought that would be clear but apparently not

i'm just saying you don't want to immediately slam jam the knife into their gut when there's over a full day left, or when you're barely half through the day and there's very little concrete to actually grab onto

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mikeycp posted:

i'm just saying you don't want to immediately slam jam the knife into their gut when there's over a full day left, or when you're barely half through the day and there's very little concrete to actually grab onto

who would you like to lunch instead?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

Needs to be less aggro. Otherwise null.

Replying to a different JJ post, because I'm phone posting and don't want to quote the megapost.

I'm trying to figure out influence and how I should handle it. I'd considered trading it away even before Steak brought it up, so with his first post I almost decided to send it to him, eliminate that variable in my calculations. I now think it would be a mistake to send the influence to Steak based on the desire behind his posts.

I think I answered your other question; I see Steak's response as an overreaction to my case.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

mikeycp posted:

There is a distinct difference between, "before we lunch sal we should talk about X" and "weave time left, wait on the lunch."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Tommunist posted:

Honestly I think even if you are town (doubtful) it's better to remove you as distraction that could boil over into day 2.

The gently caress is this logic?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok I need to go bed, I look forward to reading the 1000 posts you peeps produce while I'm asleep

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

Byers, what do you think of Sal?

Think I answered, but just in case I was unclear, generally town, frustrated, and a mistake to lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Do you have a guarantee beyond "And let god himself strike me down!" or do you just really like making definitive statements?

Column B. But I'm right.