Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Florida's a good place for old guys I hear. So is arizona.

Really he helped bring a ring to the cubs so he's cool. That walk off bunt was his greatest accomplishment as a cub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Timby posted:

Lester lives in Atlanta and has made it clear he'd like to be closer to home. The Cubs aren't going to spend poo poo this year and Epstein has made it clear he's walking and transitioning the team over to Hoyer so they'll happily trot out a poo poo rotation and let Lester go back to the southeast.

That's a he could retire comment. Could call it here and not dissolve into garbage.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpTPm1R4_AM

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'll take this opportunity of Cubs chat to say: gently caress you ricketts family.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

This is perfect timing for the Dodgers to welcome back Yu Darvish. Ricketts clearly handing down a decree to slash payroll so he can probably be had for cheap. LA fans have our title now so the baying morons who would boo Yu over 2017 should be chill now.

:getin:

If they bring him back, they should give him a ring.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FlamingLiberal posted:

Look, those Republican PACs aren’t going to fund themselves.

They're taking a hit from Wrigleyville due to covid too. Thankfully, the chuds are working hard at removing the vulnerable among us.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

why was Kris Bryant so terrible this year?

that is.... not great

Injury and lack of fucks given.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

The Cubs won a labor dispute with Bryant and also somehow let it drag on for like four years. Seems obvious the team hosed up that relationship early on

I'm pretty convinced that he'll explode back to really good once he's on a team that gives a poo poo about him/the players.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Apparently Vlad Jr has lost 40 pounds since July, 20 of which since the season ended. He says he wants to lose 10 more to be at 235.

So he was playing at 285 at the start of the 2020 season. Chonky! Also, that seems like a lot of weight lost relatively quickly? I'm a skinny lanky bastard so I dunno if thats normal or not

Depends if it's fat, chonk, or what. A strict diet and if he's just strength and conditioning training the whole time since the season ended... Yeah probably. Key parts sticking to the diet and that's easy if he has help.

I did 80 in about a year and wasn't anywhere near as perfect as a dedicated, professional athlete could be.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

idontpoast posted:

lol american recipes are so loving disgusting. 1/3 cup of sugar? in a salad?

It's a midwest thing. Cover anything in sugar, mayonnaise, cool whip, etc and call it a salad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

LOL we fell for the "TV Network will mean more revenue which will mean bigger payroll" bullshit. I have to admit I bit hard.

Also I'm keeping my av.

I didn't fall for poo poo. :colbert:

Trump's got a lot of debt to pay and even more lawyer/court fees coming. Gotta trim everything.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Niwrad posted:

Myers is a huge chud so this makes sense with Ricketts and Sinclair calling the shots. Was always fishy that they brought him in last year in a part time role.

At least he'll have to put up with drunk rear end Jeff Garlin from time to time.

What else they gonna do? Change Wrigley Field to gently caress the poors stadium?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hell yeah, Big Dinger Jon

I'll never forget his walk off bunt. Excellent combo of Lester bat and the Mariners losing in terrific fashion.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cleveland Rocks.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Fighting Mongooses that's a cool name.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Atlanta March.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mcmagic posted:

He's so bad.

So he'll be fine at mop up guy or innings chewer got it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

more falafel please posted:

Even that pool system creates a $/WAR price point that would be leveraged against veterans, so the PA wouldn't go for it

Throw in a service time component? I'm not the most knowledgeable about player salary structure outside of "rear end in a top hat owners quit hogging profits and pay the people who make the money."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Homeybeef posted:

I don't post here too much (in the off-season) but I just felt compelled to come in and say I loving hate The Cubs right now and I want to go leave a flaming bag of poop on Riketts doorstep

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Who'd they get to replace Len? The guy who does all those monologues/racist rants for all the Sinclair stations?

Sheesh this very obvious cash grab makes me mad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

tadashi posted:

The 2016 Cubs were just like any other world series winner - things went as well as they could in a small sample size of games.

I'm pretty ok with them winning like 500 games over a 6 year stretch that includes a 60 game season.

As plenty of people pointed out, and as a Dodgers fan (I'm sure) understands, the post-season is usually a crap shoot that the best team occasionally wins.

The 2015 Cubs were better than the 2015 Mets during the season but who would have known someone activated Super Saiyan Daniel Murphy?

Best part was the cubs later signing daniel murphy who dropped a giant, steaming pile in the clubhouse.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Expanded playoffs has to play in there. Why try when you can stumble into the playoffs, maybe hit the dice roll, and make a good run?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Twin Cinema posted:

Blue Jays are still 92 and 93 World Series champs. Kiss the rings.

Is this still applicable?

For sure friend.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poque posted:

His gay son died of AIDS and he continued to insist that it was cancer until his death.

https://www.outsports.com/2020/11/16/21569490/tommy-lasorda-gay-son-tom-junior-aids-dodgers-mlb-spunky

What a poo poo bag.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm so loving bummed about baseball

Me too, friend.

Don't suppose we can jump on the Padres bandwagon or something. They're cool, right?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bees x1000 posted:

I'm assuming MLB is going to wrangle some vaccines then.

Also mods deliberately left 'Offsason'.

All players must hang out behind CVS/Walgreens at closing until they luck into vaccine doses about to expire.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Spoeank posted:

I heard on a pod that they are working on ways of making it happen by basically airdropping video onto ipads

A drone holding an ipad? Cause that'd be neat.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

humpthewind posted:

Look at this pleb Android user

Android has device to device sharing.

I just want drones at baseball games.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCSCubs/status/1351019978863079428

It wouldn't be a Cubs offseason if they didn't pick up a guy who was good several years ago.

Sure why not let's bring back Jeff Samardzija too.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DurosKlav posted:

There is absolutely 0 chance trump read more than a name or two before okaying it.

Bold to assume he reads.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KDdidit posted:

Who knew the question was answered in the article, go figure.

Joke dick pics. Smooth.

This makes it even more :mets:.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vernacular posted:

lol if you think he actually sent stock footage dick pics and this isn't just some hilarious legalese to cover his rear end (or should i say dick)

Of course not. The "it's not my dick I swear!" defense reeks of dumb and desperation. Regardless, he's welcome to gently caress off forever with that attitude.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Who exactly will the pirates field this year? PFC and his 8 friends?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kyle Hendricks going away would make me so mad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poque posted:

lmao this team is going to make obscene amounts of money when in-person attendance returns and they have no players to pay

If they paid their players they'd still make obscene amounts of money. Just a bit less obscene.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bwahahaha.

So did the NL Central just agree to a race to the bottom? Interesting strategy with two guaranteed playoff spots in that idiotic playoff bracket. Could totally see a .495 cardinals team bullshitting their way to a ring.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

I'd love for the Cubs to pick up Wong - dude is a legit GG with sneaky good OBP skills - but I expect he'll come out of the wash making actual money so it's never happening. What might be happening though:
https://twitter.com/670TheScore/status/1354965176597045248
:suicide::suicide::suicide:

Sure why not? Bring in the clowns.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

:hmmyes: lol

This guarantees at least the cardinals finish above .500 through owning the cubs patchwork rotation.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

Cubs will be sending the cash to LA.

Ricketts will get all the Old Chicago franchises in Wyoming as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Have you considered gently caress the DH?