Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I can’t believe posters in here are acting like taking the high road is worth anything after the last twenty years lol.

Tolerating the intolerant has no value. The second they feel they have enough support they will throw you out of helicopters and laugh about it. Recognize them for what they are and be realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I feel like she and her two cohorts styled on Din the entire time and made him look like a dumbass and then his big hero moment was a full on LEEEEEROY JENKINS! which is actually pretty funny but didn’t leave Din looking particularly skilled. The episode left me with a very large “ha ha we trained you wrong... as a joke!” vibes.

I mean, his big hero moment was LEEEROY JENKINS because that's literally the only thing that had a chance of working in the timeframe they were operating on.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm shook and shaking wtf how dare you compare lovely han solo knock off to Kyle Katarn :argh:

But you repeat yourself.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Neither did Bioware.

The Old Republic's writing is very very dumb. Unless you think that Valkorion the super mega sith Emperor who has all the Sith powers ever and he eats stars and the Eternal Empire who beats up all the Sith and Jedi at the same time is somehow "good."

I love how the Eternal Empire is functionally them just going "no no we want to do the exact same premise of TOR over again, but different this time (it wasn't actually)"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I liked the Luke Bomb because I think it would have been stupid to try and defuse the Grogu plotline while dancing around the most obvious candidate in the universe to send him to Jedi training with. It would have felt MORE forced to not have Luke be the one who answers the seeing stone call than to have some rando show up.

Also Ezra’s time travel world in the Force thing is dumb as hell, send it to the pit with most of the rest of Legends.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

It seems obvious to me that the next season or two is going to be Din vs. Bo-Katan in a dialogue about what it means to be Mandalorian. They both have very different ideas on where the lines are for Mandalorians and when it is or isn’t okay to cross them. Battle for the soul of their culture and all that.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Yes, at this point I'm 90% convinced that "The Book of Boba Fett" is going to be The Mandalorian season 3. And I'm very, very okay with that.

Why do people keep saying this when we know that it is not the case?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Harlock posted:

Do we? Mandalorian Season 3 was announced for late 2021 and Book of Boba was also late 2021. I doubt the shows are going to overlap and run at the same time unless they do Mandalorian from Sept-Dec and Boba from Dec-??

Yes. We do in fact already know this.

https://screenrant.com/mandalorian-season-3-release-date-story-cast/

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Doctor Nutt posted:

Ehhhhh I dunno. I think regardless of how this scene is informed by prior media (I have not seen Clone Wars or Rebels) in the scene itself it is poorly explained and comes off as silly when there's 5 people in the room and they could plausibly keep their mouths shut other than the Imperial guy who by all rights should be spending the rest of their life in a New Republic cell. Just like, lie. It's not like any of these characters have been established within the context of the show to give a poo poo about lying when it serves their needs.

I think you’re kinda confused on what’s going on in that scene. The issue is not that Gideon is “playing a card”, he is relishing the fact that he knows what kind of person Bo-Katan is and that her sincerely held ideological convictions mean that Din has unwittingly screwed her ambitions. And as a defeated man why would he not revel in that given the personal animosity between him and Bo-Katan.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

To where? Space? They're droids, not spaceships. And it's a battle cruiser, not a landing ship.

I'm being a big ol' Negative Nancy here but everything about those droids sucked. The design, the door punching, how many of them there were, how easily they were dispatched, how goofy they looked flying through space, all of it.

Luke destroying the droids was cool in the same way as Vader at the end of Rogue One—neat in a vacuum, but really just nostalgia bait showing them to be universe-breakingly overpowered in a moment that feels totally disconnected from the rest of the narrative and is there only as an attempt to legitimize a franchise entry. That was not the parallel they wanted to draw between the two sequences, I'm thinking.

Did you miss the part on Tython where they rocketed out of the ship and kidnapped baby Yoda? Probably from the same airlock they got spaced from.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I;m just imagining a real Rosario Dawson kissing a CGI Luke Head.

Who among us has not imagined the same, truly

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I haven't seen many people say its the death of storytelling, just that they'd prefer if it was someone else or if the scene itself didn't present itself to the detriment of everything else that was just happening in the episode.

But there's enough people in this thread being shitheads and mocking douchebags insulting people for disliking the reveal that it feels like there's five sycophants ready to bully every new dissenting opinion.

The amount of times I pop into this thread and see you whining about people being mean to your space elf opinions makes me want to shove you in a locker. Be a less piteous nerd.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Just jettison the sequel trilogy into the sun. I even like a lot of elements of it but there’s just not enough worth salvaging to tryto work around what an utterly boring place it leaves the setting when they’ve got a good thing going here that people actually like.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

It's in the interest of her sanity that she probably stays a lurker or at least doesn't out herself. SA has a LOOOOOOONG history of devouring content creators via goon shitheaddery. A bunch of ex-Channel Awesome folks used to post here and to a one they all got scared off by the infamous Internet Personality thread in RGD.

There are too many brokebrainers on this forum. She doesn't need that bullshit.

Sadly this is mostly a problem for women content creators. Quite a few developers post in Games without issue.

But all of the ones I’m aware of are men. It’s probably not a coincidence.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Grey Jedi have always, always existed for one and only one reason:

"I want to be a good guy but also use force lightning cuz it's sick". The idea of balance including anything from the Dark Side is laughable if you have ever watched a single star wars film.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I mean sure but that's only one of many ways Grey Jedi misunderstand the Force completely. The logic has always been very simple: "Force Lightning = Dark Side power, but very cool. I want my hero to use it but be ethically justified therefore, perhaps the truth is in the middle :smugdog:"

And that's how we got the super powered centrists that are Grey Jedi.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Cal is a pretty good character. Convincingly depicted survivors guilt/depression is difficult to pull off and I think they managed it with him.

It’s a good and relatively unexplored angle. At the start of the game Cal is a Padawan survivor of Order 66 who has been numb for years.
:smith:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

teagone posted:

He sorta boils down to the base of "white guy with a tortured soul" from what I've played through so far which is ehhh, it's fine. Cal hasn't annoyed me at least, and the poo poo he does with a saber is satisfying as hell to control.

Yeah, like I said. It’s the execution. A lot of his mannerisms hit home with lived experience of just not giving a poo poo anymore and being stuck on loop for years.

It doesn’t strike me as the usual fetishization of depression where the character has a vague aesthetic of depression but is not hampered in any way. Cannot stand that poo poo.

Still would prefer more varied representation tho. Cere was good. On that note can we go back to how Cere did her hair as a Jedi that poo poo looked great.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Millenials are the worst generation is a baffling opinion to have when Boomers are right there and Gen X are insanely complicit.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I mean, Kylo is just kinda flailing around and stabbing the ground with no opponents anywhere nearby. Seems weird to defend.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

mutata posted:

lol this post

I mean, they’re right though. That’s what the Mandalorian as a show does. A mix of episodic and serialized content. Dunno why you would expect otherwise at this point.

It’s not impossible they could buck the trend, but as a default assumption it seems more than reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

That DICK! posted:

drat that's awful. i havent watched the episode, which planet did she play

Yikes