Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I finally bothered to do that home thing to get a Melmetal going. Got like a hundred meltans of all sorts of CP, so what league should i look into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

At this point i've fallen off enough that i'm not doing dailies anymore. The only thing that gets me to peek at the game is that i got 1 psychic catch left on this victini quest

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

New update is rolling out, we can finally mass delete our meltans.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I got one for my girlfriend like a year ago. It's a very neat desk weight and yeah, quiet. You're just seeing it swing under its weight and magnet. Makes all the egg bullshit a lot more bearable, too.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This event landed on when I finish my weekly catching streak, so I got over 30K of XP from catching a bidoof. Good event.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Willsun posted:

This happened like 2 days ago but it seems the game finally updated the overworld map with Openstreetmap changes...from like a year ago. I know this because I went around drawing in all the shapes of the houses in my neighborhood and noticed what areas weren't updated and what were. Did the update happen to anyone else? Like did anyone else notice updated roads/buildings around where they play? I'm just wondering if the game does this en masse, or if everyone's local maps get updated at different times. I'm just happy that I did a lot of work cleaning up my town and can finally see those changes in effect.

Yeah my workplace and surrounding area got updated and look nice for the first time in years

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It started with the Go Fest. My little theory is that they implemented that because of the music theme, after that nobody in Niantic plays with music on either, so they didn't notice it was left on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Can't say I'm a huge PoGo player, but these changes and the lameness of this month's weekly reward means i'm not doing daily catches or anything anymore.

It's kinda amazing how tonedeaf they are. In most of the world, COVID is very much continuing like it was a year ago because of a lack of vaccines. The US meanwhile keeps hoarding them, but with barely half the population actually taking these free vaccines, the cases have actually just climbed way up for the past two months.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's never about making money, it's about making More money than last quarter. Gotta find new ways to squeeze money.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Lol, the Niantic task force is going to meet with the content creators to see what they can do.

lol and lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

E: wrong thread

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

E: WRONG THREAD.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

6 hours was great because my hours are super inconsistent. I'd always be able to mess around a little bit if I wanted to. They should've made like a "bonus" period in the middle 3 hours so all the hardcore people play at that time and juice up those hours instead. But I guess Niantic can't figure out that people like when they are given stuff instead of taking stuff away, even when it's effectively the same thing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I hope Mega Rayquaza is like twelve people minimum to beat

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

GF and I lucked hte gently caress out and had CD off and the weather was overcast. We both use the gotcha pro, so just walking around downtown we finished with over 1500 deino candy. Was really fun. I started with 950 pokeballs and ended with 670. Can't imagine playing this silly game any other way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1581044238598303745

New raids. Sounds kinda cracked

Serebii posted:

A new kind of Raid Battle has been releeased in Pokémon GO. These are Elite Raids which last for half an hour but have a 24 hour lead in time. They cannot be battled with Remote Raid Passes. This is starting with the Pokémon, Hoopa Unbound. The first of these will appear on October 16th at 11am, 2pm or 5pm local time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kantesu posted:

On the other hand, they screwed it up and if you caught what should have been a Zorua with a Go Plus or Gotcha, it'd just be the Pokemon it was disguised as, so they had to turn off autocatchers because people used it to get Great League sized Giratina, etc. As far as I know they're still off.

oh my god. My girlfriend was upset that it got turned off, if i tell her it's because she had a chance to get more shiny ponytas but didn't get any she'd chop my head off

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I stopped even doing dailies in November, thought maybe somethign cool would happen this month and nothing looks fun. The Keldeo thing might be sorta cool? but the only thing of note seems to be crabrawler and then a bunch of water and fighting pokemon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

it's for a few loving TMs, they can keep that challenge

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cryoganal is one of the few i got on teh challenge. lol we were loving snowed in.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i only got 1 shiny from the community day, so i evolved a different Noibat into Noivern. The shiny for Noibat is like top 20 shinies while Noibat's is just alright.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i just permanently have a "scan location" research so that no other stop gives me that research

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Got a shiny Latios in the wild. It was a static encounter or whatever it's called when someone else can click on the same pokemon because my girlfriend got a shiny Latias at the same spot. Niantic made a good event

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1630211080487051265
lmao six years later they're finally gonna start copying the gotcha.

It does do one thing gotchas can't, you can set it to great or ultra balls (which i'm assuming gotchas will be able to do with a quick update? it'd be nice to use great balls). Anyway it's fifty five dollars lmao
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/pokemon-go-plus-plus-112387/
piss off

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 27, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I gotta go visit my family ASAP, I love Hawlucha.

and yeah, my raiding is basically just trash ones or ones that can be done in duos easily with my girlfriend, and the rare raid train, because fuuuuck the remote raid pass rollout. I'd much rather expand my items or pokemon twice than buy a single ticket that is either for a raid that i wouldn't care for, or it's for a legendary that I probably won't catch. All that these changes do is make me engage less and less with the game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Please tell me there's any point to keep catching all those Hitmon evolutions. I'm up to task 7/10 with nothing to show so far and now it's asking me to go find ten of each outside in the rain. What next? 20 of each??

Of course there's a point: you get Hitmons.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Regidrago (the dragon Regi golem thing from gen 8) is going to show up in raids this Saturday at exactly the times I will be working. Amazing! Also, no remote raiding enabled for it, so if you don't find a local group you will be poo poo out of luck too. :gamefreak:

i'll probably be able to get one, but it'll be super tight, i gotta hope that one hatches in the main downtown street at 2pm, i get there in time with no work stuff keeping me, and that the local go players will gather for it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

i'll probably be able to get one, but it'll be super tight, i gotta hope that one hatches in the main downtown street at 2pm, i get there in time with no work stuff keeping me, and that the local go players will gather for it.

So gf had more important stuff to do and we didn't even see anything in the local discord trying to get regidrago stuff going, so we just ignored it lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I haven't really bought a remote raid pass in forever because of them just straight up not being available unless you buy them.

But what if I didn't buy them... for twice the price, but only up to 5 times a day.

https://pokemongolive.com/post/remote-raid-passes-update-2023

But research breakthroughs will now have a chance to reward them, so I guess that's kinda ok? I'm deffo not giving htem any money.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"We don't want you to be paying us steadily for raids. That money is stinky, we want different money."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Unclouded posted:

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1648401005778804737

I'd already completed it so no idea if it actually worked or not.

oh lmao, i reached that step shortly after they flagged it for auto-complete. Very ok with this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Actually the event is good and wonderful

gently caress

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think it's just been months and months with, like, at best 1 decent event every other month for new pokemon. Its been years since they started releasing pokemon in small chunks, but the chunks keep getting smaller and smaller. I can't exactly blame them, Gens 4 and 5 are massive compared to 6 and 7, but nonetheless it still leaves the game at "for this week you can get one pokemon that's just sorta cool, nothing particularly special. Come back in a month or two for another new pokemon maybe, or perhaps we won't be doing reruns on legendaries."

The event I figured would've gotten me to play intensely for a week was the recent one with Volcarona. I love that pokemon, and if there's a pseudo you can make an event around it's that one. Virtually the last Gen 5 pokemon, too. Instead it's... an overtly rare egg spawn, not specific to the event even. Sub 1% hatch rate. I'll pop if I do ever hatch it, but that just made May as a whole a wash.

The slow-rear end dripfeed of pokemon is teh biggets problem, I feel. Everything else is obviously dire, but if I can't get cool pokemon then why should I care about changing my strongest pokemon from the past 3 years? Why should I bother with raids if it's stuff i've already caught in other contexts? Why should I grind up the team rocket stuff when it's just 12K eggs that I already own all the spawns of?

Hell, a part of this whole thing is that I was deeply disillusioned with Pokemon Sword and Shield and never bought it. There's a large roster of 'mons I never touched and would be interested in messing around with and catch and get to know, but with the Galarian form raids from three and a half years ago and the tiny sprinkles until now, I've completely lost track and interest on what of gen 8 we've had.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

nevermind, guys, pokemon go is good, actually

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Endless Trash posted:

Getting 7k per catch was pretty sweet though

Yeah, this was a really nice community day for that.

I haven't used my stardust in any meaningful capacity in forever, so getting a shiny almost perfect Axew all the way to like level 44 Haxorus with two moves and poo poo was pretty nice. Glad there was finally a good event again

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Most of their boneheaded decisions can be traced to being a so-cal company out of touch with the world.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Niantic finally made a good change. Spawn distance has doubled. I could see the original distance being right at the time given what kind of devices in the lower end were playing the game, but now the time is right and the map looks so much better in comparison!

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1673745956167380992?t=NVyATFKRSt7hg9aOqZAMqQ&s=19
Oh

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

making GBS threads away like 3/4ths of the playerbase from pre-covid probably still puts you in the top 20 apps in terms of profits

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

i'm a stupid mark and bought the dumb new puck. I do enjoy having an official thing that won't need me a second app, but i still need to see how it plays out while going out since it doesn't appear to auto-spin stops. The upside is that the auto-capture uses pokeballs, but then i can use great balls (i have 1000) if i press the thing during the vibration, so that could be a really good way to maximize captures in community day.

e: i'm stupid and the very second thing it says is ENTABLE POKESTOP AUTO-SPIN

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

Do the sleep thing is different than the PokeBall thing I bought forever ago?

It's an improved version.

You can set it to work like a got-cha so it will catch and spin stuff without having to press a button. You can also set it so if you do click the button for a pokemon, it'll use great balls or ultra balls instead. And then it can kinda track your sleep, my girlfriend got 2500 stardust, two hearts with her buddy and a sticker just from having the puck next to her pillow.

the app that makes full use of the sleeping thing will come out today/tomorrow