Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Playing on normal cause playing a janky fps game on inflated difficulty most of the time is not a good time. I'm fine curb stomping the game. During character creation I did go back on forth one which difficulty to play.

you can change the difficulty any time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

This game is EXTREMELY mass effect 1/2. The combat definitely feels like ME1

You definitely do not remember how poo poo ME1 combat was

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's so weird how this game rapidly oscillates between a $500 million budget and Gothic-level Eurojank. I don't think I've ever seen such a pronounced whiplash.

Yeah it rules

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Toksai posted:

Oh no, I meant the English dialogue that is translated from the original Polish writing. Those things popped up in the Witcher 3, but since it was medieval fantasy, it was easier to ignore as being just how they spoke in that world and time. Since this is future California and you have Keanu Reeves speaking in a way he has never spoken before in any movie, it really sticks out.

how do you know how people in 2077 are going to talk

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Fun fact: "Following the River" was briefly called "gently caress the Police"

why did you change it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ughhhh posted:

Why the hell can I not skip the sex scenes in this game.

Awkward embarrassing sex scenes are a WRPG tradition. It's very important that you watch them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

you know I'm right

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

...with family in the room. Remember: gaming can be a group activity! :eng101:

Exactly!

It's even better when it's something like Dragon Age Origins where they are extra terrible

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

punishedkissinger posted:

How are the patches coming on this game? Worth getting for PC yet?

Thia game has always been fine for PC despite the bugs. It's the PS4/XBone version that are horrible.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

Right but i have zero quickhack recipes to craft them...I have tons of random quickhacks, not the ones I want, and no ability to make new ones or upgrade them or whatever the hell. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone, I'm not totally frustrated.

If you're on pc you could just cheatengine yourself some extra perk points or momey to buy the respec

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will never play a game with Rockstar's mission design ever again. It's horrid.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sean10mm posted:

You drive around night city, it looks rad, maybe you get a call about a job or see some poo poo to look into on the way that looks interesting. I guess I don't get the RUNINED FOREVER poo poo based on staring at pedestrian pathing or whatever.

Yeah, that's pretty what I wanted from the city and it does the job well

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

“Night City needs more mini-games!” I continue to squawk as they seal the airlock and launch our rocket ship to the moon

tbf the game would be better if I could play Outrun in it

that's all games tho

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean, I'm playing the absolute poo poo out of this game and finding first-hand just about every way I can break some mechanic to completely fold combat over so yeah? Like I'm really digging into crafting and engineering and perks and poo poo and finding all sorts of way you can break the game and I'm about to start my 3rd character this weekend not because this game's good at being a game but because it's fun as hell to just see how completely I can break the game in different ways.

Breaking combat by doing op poo poo is fun though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

This is hardly an rpg, you need to compare it to

Farcry, farcry 2, farcry 3, farcry 4, farcry 5, farcry 6, watchdawgs.

Lol cyberpunk 2078 isnt even on the same level as system shock 2 HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

???

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sachant posted:

Honestly I don't care about this stuff. It happened a few times, I loaded a quicksave and carried on and forgot about it after a quick chuckle.

Yeah bugs like that are just funny to me

It's progression blockers and other major stuff I mind (fortunately I did not run into any)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Yes, few people would dispute that within Cyberpunk 2077 is a very good 30 hour, linear story. I myself ranked it the fifth favorite game I played in 2020! If CP2077 were nothing but a series of quest hubs that connected the main plot, character missions, and a few of the more involved sidequests, it would have been a stronger product on balance.

Hey turns out Cyberpunk is just like the witcher 3

(with much better gameplay and less padding on the main plot imo)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I did like CP2077 a bit more than the Witcher because I always found Geralt to be a pretty dull protagonist, whereas Keanu was exactly what I needed.

This game did an excellent job with all of the extended cast

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Your avatar is my reaction to your post.

and as we all know, psyducks are always right

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Keanu did a great job imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah to me he's one of the standouts among an already strong main cast. I'm trying to divorce my impressions of Keanu Reeves the performance from the actor I've seen in movies for the last 25 years and while I think that is fundamentally impossible, at no point was I ever like "this guy has no clue what he's reading" like most Kojima stunt casting moves. Johnny was a great character and the interplay between him and V really grew as the story progressed. No complaints there.

I think that relationship ended up being a big reason why I liked the story in this game. That whole thing really worked for me.

exquisite tea posted:

There's nothing satirical about Johnny at all, and I don't think the writers intended people to imagine he's a totally awesome guy or anything, even if they agree with his principles. The narrative goes out of its way to present the gulf between Silverhand's legend as an idealistic revolutionary versus him being a bitter drunk rear end in a top hat in actuality, mostly falling down on the latter, and the second half of the character missions primarily revolve around unfucking all of Johnny's ruined relationships in life. To this end I think Keanu played the role perfectly.

:yeah:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

shrike82 posted:

It’s weird because cutting down on the main questline was a deliberate design choice as they felt people were struggling with W3’s story. I guess they went too far in the other direction?

That was one of the best decisions this game made imo. I really liked the main quest being short(ish) while being supported by adjacent major sidequests. Length-wise I think this game was perfect.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The CP2077 story is really good but I can't help but feel that if they'd only had enough story to get you familiar with the world (and maybe towards an ending, for those who wanted one), and then after that it was pretty much nothing but "live the life of a shadowrunner, doing gigs and decorating your apartment", it would have received near-universal acclaim, even with the bugs. Basically like an offline version of GTAO, only without the cash shop poo poo.

Ew, that would have been awful

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Katt posted:

Picked the wrong doll at the "doll house" because I forgot which was which and the names were no help at all. This is probably the most uncomfortable I have ever been in a videogame. I didn't use the safeword because I didn't want to hurt their feelings.

I just tried to look into the ceiling and think of other things but then the game drags the character face to face with the other person and I caved to the safeword.

it keeps happening lol

It's a good scene, should have finished it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

I thought that scene was pretty amazing with either character and I was surprised how it played out. It wasn't sexual but more like hypnotically intense. I'm not sure which voice actor does a better job, maybe the dude?

I don't know how the male VA did in that scene but femV acted the hell out of it

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Dec 27, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Savy Saracen salad posted:

The scenes where good, and romancers will never be satisfied no matter what you do. They would complain if everyone was player sexual and would complain if they had preferences.

These might in fact be different people doing the complaining

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Like exquisite tea said, imagine if the situation was reversed, and the story makes it so that a gay man's personality is implanted in you and all players are compelled to deep-throat a schlong in order to progress the storyline, because said gay man's memories of enjoying massive horsecock is pivotal to the soul of the story. It sounds ridiculous. It is ridiculous.

I think that would be fine.

The only reason that wouldn't be fine is because society is still pretty terrible regarding man/man stuff

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

The point is that we can all be fine with it in a purely hypothetical way, because the CP2077 with compulsory male/male sex scenes doesn't get made.

Yeah and it sucks that society is still so lovely about it. I just don't consider the thing that actually is in the game bad.

Terrible embarassing sex scenes are a wrpg table and all genders/orientations should be able to get in on the action

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Because the scenes are all weird and loving cringe, dude. They missed every target. The biggest complaint I have about the mandatory scene is it's loving awful and at no point during making it did anyone stop and say "hey this is poo poo, let's just fade to black instead" which is pretty on brand given what the rest of this game looks like. It doesn't even get past that to reach the "is this representative" arguments to me, because I'm not gonna bother doing deeper criticism of something this poorly made. It does for other people, but it's pretty reasonable to believe that the sex scenes are both poorly made and -phobic male gaze bullshit.

The safe word wasn't for V being uncomfortable, it was for me being uncomfortable when I realized a bunch of grown adults thought this was deep and good.

It's a great scene

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Diogines posted:

Is there any ending besides the romance with Panam where you continue to have a relationship with your partner? Which I guess is to say... will anyone else go become a nomad with you if you go with the Aldecaldos, since I can't see any other ending where they might potentially stay with you?

Judy comes with you if you go with the Aldecados

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Takemura is a corpo loving dickbag but he is a charming corpo loving dickbag

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Again, it's the Engrish isn't it

It is pretty sexy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

adhuin posted:

Looking at the ending stats
On Gog 18.2% of the players finished the main story

8.1% went with Nomad tribes
5.6% Became Legends of underworld
3.9% Gave the body to Johnny
and only
1.3% made deal with Arasaka

Which totals to 18.9%, so not lot of people bothered with multiple endings, which is shame.
They're all worth playing.

My favourite one is the Nomad ending with my bff Panam and with Judy joining on the travels

That's actually a fairly large completion % as far as video games go

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mendrian posted:

Again I think the major complaint is, "if you want to experience the one male/male romance the game considers valid, you have to have hetsex to get there" is incredibly valid and really just shows how sloppy it is. Like nobody makes you jump through weird hoops to romance Judy so why here? It's just super weird and while I'm charitably willing to call it a mistake on CDPR's part any reading of "no its good actually" is officially a gross hot take and don't do that.

Well, it's not V doing it. It's johnny in a flashback.

(I'm pretty sure any other instance is optional)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Not optional if you want to romance Kerry

Uh, are you sure? I don't think Johnny scores during that part but I could be misremembering and therefore super wrong

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Delizin posted:

I'm not sure what people are talking about here. There is one "mandatory" sex in the game which is Alt and Johnny during the flashback, which happens before you are able to romance any character at all.

During the Chippin' Quest, I don't remember Johnny having sex with anyone. He tries to bang a stripper, but just ends up rubbing her crotch before crashing his car. For the Rogue quest after, he never had sex with her in my game. She gives him a kiss and leaves, but maybe that is up to your dialogue choices?

The only other time I could think of is possibly during the Johnny ending where Johnny kisses Rogue and there is a fade to black before waking up 20 hours later in her bed fully clothed?

Yeah this is how I remember it going

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I was extremely happy with the ending I got so I have little desire to play the others at this time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

A thought.
Despite all the Judy simps, it seems to me Panam is more the canon romance. I say this just because she has more on-screen time, there are more missions with her. Apart from having a role to play in one of the endings.

"canon" is a dumb concept

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't want them to do any online stuff and just keep making single player rpg poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

If Cyberpunk 2077 managed to create a digital online platform for people who want to play in or run Cyberpunk campaigns, and released content modules that function as the DM for you and your friends to play, that would literally revolutionize multiplayer role-playing games and would’ve effectively allow CPR to print money until the end of time. That’s why I think it has a chance of happening, because it’s something consumers want and it’s something they can micro-transaction the gently caress out of.

lol this is never happening