Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Anyone know what this twitch stream is about, it just says streaming 2077?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Restarting GOG a few times, it's installing it now.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Me n Jackie stealth killed everyone in the first mission then I got stuck in a sink picking up some random thing. Reloading fixed it. My hair keeps disappearing when I look in my mirror. Enjoying it so far. I don't know what to spend points on. When do you unlock decompiling stuff for crafting?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What exactly does Tech do? Let you use better weapons, or be better with Smart Weapons? I’m thinking of doing a Body/Reflex/Tech build to just go for all the sweet guns.

It let's you craft and open doors too.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I can't stop myself killing tyger claws for eyepatch lady. Poor Jackie is going to be waiting in that bar forever.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Does anyone know what the deal is with rocket launches?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Im level 4 and loving hacking. I really need a better cyberdeck. Is there any place good to get one that doesn’t need a lot of street cred?

Ripperdocs sell them but I think the gap to get an upgrade is quite big to the point you will almost be ready for a really good one by then. Just shop around and have a look. The added power really makes a difference to that playstyle.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Is there a trick to the monowhip? Having severe buyers remorse at the moment. It just seems underwhelming in melee compared to my knife.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

1) I got a text about Jackie’s grave but had no prompt for his funeral because Vik said his body got jacked by corpos, drat! Did I miss this quest?

2) it’s funny how much I thought I’d need a spoiler thread but this thread has been really chill about spoilers. We def needed a Performance and Bugfixes thread for sure tho, this thread is like c-spam levels of unusable during peak hours

You're a bit of an rear end in a top hat for taking liberties with spoilers though.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Where is this discount ripperdoc everyone is posting about?

Kabuki, there should be two there on your map.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Can you continue playing side content/gigs after the main story? Is the timer on the chip an actual thing I need to worry about in real terms? Now that the world is opened up to me I feel like I can't do much with it because of the main story?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Missionary Positron posted:

The sidequest involving the monk who was mutilated by a bunch of maelstroms got me good. I just felt a sort of visceral disgust at what happened to him :(.

Hopefully there's more of those kinds of quests to find and not just generic gigs.

I killed them all.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

crazysim posted:

It's hilarious how these missions can be resolved non-lethally with a Pax modifier. 100k+ damage to the head, but non-lethal.

I used a knife after I knocked them out.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

So when do quickhacks of levels above rare start popping up at the netrunner stores? It's mostly uncommons at the two I've found. I don't need to unlock the quickhack crafting perks do I?

I think you need the perks.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Too many dickheads posting spoilers here. It's tiresome.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I found a legendary cyber deck sold by nina kraviz that reduces the cost of legendary quickhacks. I think it's the best one I've seen so far.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Katt posted:

Does this game ever get a social clothing slot do I just have to live with what the armor looks like?

All of the slots are social clothing because armor doesn't seem to make much difference.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Section Z posted:

I bought the 100k gorilla arms and it ate my cool "100% stamina gain when defeating someone" gorilla arms mod from my old ones :doh:

So guess I will be reloading and not buying the fanciest punch arms until I can ever find that mod again, considering 90% of the reason to get better arms isn't the damage numbers, but more mod slots. So if my favorite mod is gone... yeah.

You don't lose cyberware. If you go to a ripperdoc he can reinstall your old ones so you can unplug whatever you want but it has to be replaced by something which sucks. I wish you could just unequip them.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Section Z posted:

I have the old arms, it is the MOD for arms that got eaten :v: I still had the electric damage type knuckles from my old arms (very nice you can swap those without going to a doc, too). But the cool Gorrila arms battery mod that refilled my entire stamina to put in the second mod slot? Poof, gone. For now, I value that thing more than I value the bog standard numbers go up (and +1 more mod slot) of splurging on the biggest arms. So quickload land it is.

The mod will still be in the old arms. Just reinstall them then go to cyberware in your inventory and replace it with something less good. Then reinstall your new ones.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Section Z posted:

Ah, cool! I was assuming it was following Guns logic of "Only overwrite is possible" due to being a weapon, because upgrading my eyeballs didn't pull that poo poo.

Mods on guns and clothes can't be recovered without the tech perk so it's kinda unintuitive that it works differently for cyberware.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

There's a crafting perk that says it let's you upgrade gear quality. How does it work?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

You will get the next level blueprints for stuff just show up in your crafting menu when you pick it up. Which combined with the "free item 20% of the time" perk, means you can sit down and craft like 10 armadillo mods, and 2 will show up as blue, 3 as green and 10 will be the white ones you crafted. It just starts raining items at that point.

I was hoping there was a way to get greens to blues and such :(

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Dunno if this was said earlier but I just realised the maxtac officer from the clothing store is the woman from the original trailer.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I am curious why they cut t-bug out of the no tell motel bit. It was pretty telegraphed how friendly she was with Dex but then she gets ganked off screen instead.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Just as a bit of comedy, it turns out you can get surprisingly high level before ever doing The Pickup. On my restart I'm at like level 14 with about 26 street cred and Jackie's still waiting for me outside All Foods.

I cleared Watson entirely before doing it but scrubbed that game entirely when I found out you can get extra keanu bits if you do them after the heist.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I have a bug we're some items in my inventory have an exclamation and can't be removed. All of Johnny's clothes including the ones I crafted to uplift them and the gun you get from River. Anyone know how to fix it? It's really bugging me.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

navyjack posted:

Those are quest items and can’t be removed. You don’t actually need them for anything (unless they raise your Johnny likes you score) though.

I finally figured that the best way to win was to not listen to Claire but once you’re in 1st, drop your speed until someone tries to pass, then gun it. That way you don’t get screwed up on the turns.

It seems bugged though. What quest is river's gun for? I'm in act 3 and barely talk to him anymore. I just want to be able to put them in my stash or trash duplicates.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So it looks like you can no longer have cybernetics in the character creator beyond robot eyes. My wife just tried making a character and went through all the options and it seems to have been taken out.

Can't make a cyberpunk anymore, just regularpunks. :(

I had this bug too. Tell her to try changing her skin then go back and check again. That worked for me.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Pyronic posted:

That's uhh pretty strange. I know those load screen bits are different based on how far you are through the main campaign though.

If you leave them going all post heist ones have johnny weigh in. That one was the first to have someone else talk to v. Dunno if there are more because that's where I am currently.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I beat him (6 body) by charging him with strong punch, backing up fast after the hit and dodging until I was full stamin again, then charging him again. I don't know if my short circuit was the main factor or not but I didn't get hit. I had legendary gorilla arms. It took maybe six or seven hits to take him out. If you get too close to him it's too easy to lose track of where he is and up catching a punch or two and it's over. Also obviously, don't charge into him if he's swinging.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Mr. Pool posted:

I really thought there was some twist coming with Evelyn's story but apparently Unless I'm missing something there is no twist, she isn't a corporate sleeper agent with a secret agenda, she was really just a random sex worker who thought she was gonna backstab the voodoo boys, the top brass of Arasaka, a top night city fixer, and then after that, Netwatch would deal with her as an equal. Also all of this hinges on her trusting the skills and intentions of two gullible thugs with no street cred. I absolutely bit on some stat check dialogue choices from V that insinuate some greater plan or conspiracy on Evelyn's part, and they are very funny in hindsight. Evelyn but especially V is are complete idiots and they need to emphasize this more lol. They poke fun at Jackie plenty but V is just as stupid while also taking themself very seriously. That said, does Judy never mention getting back at the Voodoo Boys? She knows they were the ones that cyberattacked her at Clouds right? because you go through Evelyn's BD recordings together? I still haven't finished her takeover quest for Clouds, but that plot seems out of place and only seems to make sense to be if she thinks Clouds is the reason for Evelyn's death which.... lies mostly elsewhere

Clouds owner did some heinous poo poo to her as well and they all deserve to die but yeah she doesn't seem to track the VDB at all afterwards and they are as much responsible for what happens to her as Woodman et al.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I can't understand how people think the Johnny Silverhand stuff wasn't always going to be the biggest part of the story. It was always going to be front and centre regardless of Keanu or not. The dude is iconic in the lore.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

What's the deal with the kid hanging around the Razor fight chirping about being a "good actor"? I got a Street Kid dialogue option that still failed to explain anything before he ran off. I'm guessing he's the "brat" in the quest name or I missed something on the way into the venue.

You get some very solid options to utterly raw dog that entire faction further on in the main story.

and makes all the sex flashbacks hilariously awkward

If you talk to the kid before the fight she tells you how her dad got beat up and you should kick rear end to avenge him. That's pretty much it I think.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Vesemirs dead.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Oh my god you feel like a loving rear end in a top hat if you have a one night stand with Judy. If you follow her back to the cottage you see her crying on the couch. Later she deletes your number.

Monster

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

The speed limit is a reasonable 40 in the city. Stop exaggerating.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Just finished (after 100+ hours). Bit sad I missed out on the secret ending. Just stuck to one ending R.I.P. Rogue though and not gonna sneak back to try others so I have something to replay for. The bugs in this game really didn't help but I enjoyed it for the most part and thought the writing was pretty solid. Wish I could've done more outside of the choices presented in some cases but other than that it was worth the wait.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is the positive outcome where they pose for the picture? I didn't get any follow up on that.

It can take a few days.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm on the roof ledge outside of Totentanz, I punch someone to fall to their death, immediate cops. I hope that sort of poo poo gets fixed/tuned. If I'm at a clan hotspot, no cops should dare get to. More so, since Regina asks me to mop up all that poo poo every time.

I always thought the original plan was to have enforcement in different areas be by the predominent gang instead of just ncpd everywhere. It would've been a lot cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I might be being a full on gonk but it's been so long since I hit SC50 on my first save that I forget, am I supposed to be getting perk points for each SC level or no?

SC just unlocks shop inventories.