Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

That only happened after V asked for help although it would have been hilarious if they tried it while you were doing any of the other endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Reclaimer posted:

I got it like an hour or two after finishing Panam's questline, still smack in the middle of Act 2.

You told panam about the chip and trying to get your head fixed during her quest. It's not part of the act 3 decision but it's still a big driver toward it.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Also they killed Jackie.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

If you don't complete the Tarot, Misty dies.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

thebardyspoon posted:

Cheers, I assumed that was the case cause they were telegraphing that pretty hard. Does that get revealed in the ending if you go in with her then or did I miss a sidequest opportunity?

She kinda tells you during the ending.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Humerus posted:

Did they patch out the Beat on the Brat exploit? I actually did the fights normally but the final fight seems impossible. I tried dropping my nonlethal weapon (a stun baton) and when I did the equip button it just said "Action Blocked" and the fighter pummeled me. Two hits and I go down and he's so fast that if one hit connects the second does as well. I also don't seem to be able to double jump (ceiling too low?) which was another recommendation I read.

I have €$ to burn so if I should buy the gorilla arms I will but the legendary ones are like 100k and I'd rather not. Of course I've found TWO legendary mantis blades but that's not very helpful...

Make sure you have all weapon slots filled or it goes into an empty one and stops you equipping it. Last time someone posted this that was the issue.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't know either because my V started getting in the same fight with Johnny even though we were on good terms. Feels like a messed up plot flag or something. It was very confusing.

I think it was part of the dialog in chippin' in.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

January is almost over and still no patch?

We're not even half way into January yet.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Just use the console and set Tech to 18 and leave it there. You don't have to spend perk points in it. (outside of the base crafting ones)

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

How would I get mods back without the perk that recycles them...?

I just meant I don't know why you'd reset it. Seems a bit much to avoid potentially getting more perk points when you're already cheating in stuff.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Is there a way to set a skill level so I don't have to grind/exploit athletics again with new characters?

Game.AddExp("Crafting", 200000)

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Compression formats should be player sexual.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

If you do them in a caliburn she can't shoot anyone because of the suicide doors or whatever they are called. I found this hilarious.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Shion coyote is nice.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I looked this gun up and it's the reward for the shooting quest I lost and couldn't be bothered to reload and try again 50 hours ago :negative: I went back to see if I could just kill the questgivers and take it but they had all despawned :negative: :negative: :negative: I'll just try to find a random one with poison and make that My Gun

For future reference you can just murder them all and take it without needing to do the shooting competition.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

So is the video worth actually watching or is everything covered in the infographic?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I dunno about you, but I feel like I'm pretty well over hard release dates that can't be delayed without death threats and can't be met without crunch. Maybe that's just me.

Everyone needs a little threat of death to get them up in the morning after a nice healthy 20 hour session of crunch.

Hope you're doing okay.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

alex314 posted:

I like how CDPR streamlined a lot of stuff they could make annoying otherwise. Imagine we had to go back to apartment to do crafting any time there was need.. I hope we'll get some additional QoL improvements like:
- mass crafting/break down items
- radio available while on foot
- if radio then why not TV with picture-in-picture, there's quite some cool stuff available there for us to miss. Even some cyber-VOD so I could pick stuff I really want.
- car autodrive

My favourite part of the being able to craft anywhere is crafting a shotgun out of thin air any time i'm told I can't have weapons beyond a certain part in a story mission.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I was gonna type in a bunch of stuff but instead I'll just say that some of you guys need to move on. If you stopped playing this within the first week you really can't have anything left to say until something actually changes with the game. If you kept playing it even though you hated it then see a therapist or post an EN thread. It's starting to get depressing wading through your poo poo posts.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Yup. Back door or window for 95% of the missions.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Shooting cameras can trigger guys randomly I think if they see it broken but does work. If you are going sandevistan I'd recommend body so you rip turrets apart. Hmgs suck but it's a great way to just stop them dead.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

If you are using tech you can turn off cameras, mines and turrets without hacking. Range is more than you would think.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

i see the thread has hit the "actually, this game is quite, remarkably good and has improved (where it matters, to me) compared to its predecessor, Witcher 3, the most lauded RPG of its generation" stage

Nobody said this.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

2house2fly posted:

I got a "trickster" shirt that's purple and green. Looks pretty dapper, yet also... somehow... insanely loving psycho. I might wear that to the endgame without a jacket, since I've just never found a decent jacket

one of the bullet proof vests look nice with it

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

Given that the name and color scheme screams Joker, they probably have at least a matching set of pants and shoes somewhere.

Have never seen anything matching.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Testers invariably get shat on in the industry.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Takemura is the only true Samurai in the game. He epitomises giri.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

During The Hunt mission, does a completely random woman show up behind the plastic sheeting as the young serial killer is approaching it, only to disappear when he walks through for everyone else too? I can scan them and they have a name and are listed as no affiliation, and I thought maybe it was his memory of his mother triggered by the dad's abuse, but the name is different and neither V or River mentioned her at all. It just seems way too perfectly timed in the way she disappears at precisely the moment the kid passes through the sheet not to be scripted.

I found two different ones and it creeped me the gently caress and I hope it's not just unintended.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

The Nomad intro is literally just you climbing a watchtower and driving to a location about 50 feet away from where you start.

You go through an on the rails shoot out/car chase for smuggling. It has more in it than either of the others.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Comrades Hammer is a spec as well. I think there's a few others.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

alex314 posted:

It's way more noticeable in my shotguns and pimp cane playthrough. You could miss it in stealthy hacker one.

Yeah this is definitely a thing. If you create a choke point like a doorway and they try rushing you they will fall over a body pretty regularly.

In general, not sure why this is considered a bad thing though.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I think most of the other Aldecaldos do speak this way, it's direction we gave. It's a specific affectation of the Aldcaldos and many other nomad groups not depicted, (excepting the Bakkers, obviously, since V doesn't use this way of speaking herself).

EDIT: The thing about the Bakkers might not be true, V might use nomad-speak in the intro, I can't remember.

Dakota definitely has the same speech pattern.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

How do you level Engineering XP, BTW?

Grenades and tech/smart weapons I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I assumed the Ni in Nicola was for nicotine because that would be the most 80s thing for it to be.