Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Universe Master posted:

Oh man, the trailer for this one is so stupid.

Also

There's...someoneonthewing

Some...thing

This is literally from a Bugs Bunny cartoon jfc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

This thread attracts the weirdest goons, jaysus.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Actually it's pretty chill.

Take your pants off and cum a while.

Joke's on you, I never put my pants on :smuggo:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

SAVAGE OPRESS

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

BADGUY CHIPONHISSHOULDER

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yo bro why didn't you stop darth emo from shooting up the school then

Maybe he was lured by the Dark Side because he saw his wife Ubru Gubrunu dying from sadness and joined Benlo Ron.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

"Sometimes an alien pirate trying to rob/destroy a fuel convoy is just an alien pirate trying to rob/destroy a fuel convoy to create tension to keep people's interest"

Tom Cruise, actor.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I see, "The space pirates were actually oppressed freedom fighters" is this year's Tom Cruise meltdown, cool.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Gripweed posted:

They weren't space pirates. They were blowing up Imperial munitions convoys. They weren't stealing the munitions, they were just blowing them up so the Empire wouldn't have them.

:wrong:

They are billed as loving Pirates on the subtitles and every synopsis out there refers to them as pirates:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Piracy does not necessarily mean "get everything intact", they could be salvaging the remaining equipment or think that it is too dangerous to ride the transports and instead force the base for protection money.

Edit: If we are to theorycraft until it fits our narrative, that is.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 2, 2021

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

:psyduck:

Please go away

No one's ever really gone.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Won't anyone think of those noble space pirates? :ohdear:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is the mandalorian worth watching? I got like five episodes in and felt like I was watching Power Rangers for grownups and turned it off

It depends on how much you like Wars in Stars. If you are into those children's movies and cannot get enough despite 30 years worth of spin-offs, merchandise, and video games, power through. The second season flounders a bit and might make you groan but still a good watch that doesn't require too long of a time commitment.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Vakal posted:

The show is downright cheery compared to the original comics.

Was gonna post this. Garth Ennis (creator of the comic) is a massive super-hero cynic/hater and boy o boy he loves to make readers uncomfortable on the premise of "lmao if you think superheroes would give an ounce of gently caress about normal humans or show restraint to reduce collateral".

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Gripweed posted:

We see the wreckage of their previous attacks. The transports are burned, not stripped. They are simply destroying Imperial supplies. And that shakedown thing is something you just made up. As you say, in order to make them pirates you have to "theorycraft" things which are not shown or even hinted at in the episode

I was referring to your galaxy brain projection about the simple fact that they are pirates.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

How can you call them space pirates when there was not one space parrot or space eyepatch or one space "arr Jim lad" amongst them :colbert:
Their skiffs didn't had sails, therefore cannot be pirates.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 2, 2021

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Star Wars is the content :colbert:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Bill Burr is an actor? I dunno, man, he basically gets angry over non-issues like traffic jams and I confuse him with Joe Rogan.

What am I missing there besides BB being a rant-y stand-up performer?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

More like General Hold The Door.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!

Anakin Skywalker, legendary space fighter pilot.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Kumal looking like the bad guy in the Mask movie after he wore the mask.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I was expecting a meticulously detailed, frame by frame analysis of Wonder Woman 84 from the renowned film critics Red Lobster Media. What a bunch of HACK FRAUDS!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Wasn't Pedro Pascal's character in WW84 literally Trump "analogy" but the message became less edgelordy because he lost the election before WW got released?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

It seems like Trump is "one of the many" influences (sleazy con-man rich guy?) according to the director but not directly.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I have watched The Gentleman, the newest Guy Ritchie movie, yesterday night as a part of my Covid time-kill activities and it was good. It lacked the energy of early Ritchie movies with slower pacing, certainly, and is much less full of "Bri-ish" -ness but was a good and fun crime movie.

Like, for starters, I could understand everyone talking including Colin Farrel going full on what I can assume as his native Irish combined with South London "oi u having a giggle m8, I'll deck u I swear on me mum" one. Compared to friggin Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch (and, to some degree, RockNRolla) which had like 7% comprehensibility rate across the board.

I'm glad that he paid the price by having to direct Aladdin (apparently a second one is in the works:cripes:) and I love all the actors in it. Colin Farrel is pretty good, Matthew M is okay-ish and the guy played Arthur was quite good.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Aladdin??? Cmon , no way

It's true, all of it!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

If I were to ever make a movie with guns in it, I would make sure everyone always has their finger on the trigger, just so it would piss off (trigger if you will) the worst people

Lmao gun nuts and REAL LIFE SEAL RANGER DELTA TEAM SAS OPSEC MARSOC REACTS TO GUNS IN MOVIES videos are my guilty pleasure to watch for the sheer amount of incompetent teeth gnashing in there.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The only good thing came out of PreRec was Mike and the gang playing Don't poo poo Your Pants and occasional Jay cameo talking about random movies.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I want Jared Leto to return as Joker because it makes nerds gnash their teeth so hard.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

There's a new patreon update, where they announce that they're recording a new commentary track. (Hooray!)

They didn't specifically mention the movie, but in the photo the box for the 2000 Dungeon and Dragons moviewas peeking out (which may be the actual movie they're doing, or could just be them loving with us.)

I need the bolded part to be true so hard.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I love these articles I keep seeing that are like, "is Michael Keaton the new Batman??" no, he's ancient

No one's ever really gone.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Guys, I watched all Guy Ritchie moopies and Legend in like two days, pls hapl.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Snatch
Lock Stock
Rock'n'Rolla
Sherlock moopies
The Nike World Cup Ad
The Gentleman
Arthur the Legend of the Sword
The Man from UNCLE
Revolver
Swept Away lmao

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

No Aladdin? Call yourself a completionist, pft

I wasn't strong enough, a shameful display :negative:

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

General Dog posted:

Didn’t he direct a Robin Hood movie too

Nah, that's the guy directed some Peoky Bloindahs eps and other random tv eps but yeah it looked like a Guy Ritchie moopie.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

"Wasn't that an Italian movie in the 70's? And you want to be the lead? Why that sounds amazing dear, I'd be delighted to direct it!"

Famous upcoming British director.

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 6, 2021

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

AHH F/UGH posted:

Did she also steal these recipes or

SteveRogersIGetThatReference.jpeg

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

C...can we...like, you know, once this Covid is over...not tell celebrities so they will never leave their homes ever again?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

LA will probably reach herd immunity before the rest of the country. New Year's parties are going to bootstrap what was already the hardest hit area of the United States.

https://twitter.com/defnoodles/status/1345210917282168832

My stamina to get incompetently mad at people wore out months ago and I got the Covid two weeks ago despite living like a hermit for 10 months (I got it during a market run because I couldn't get a delivery slot) and seeing this poo poo still makes me pop a vein in my head,jfc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

colonelwest posted:

How much time do we have left until Disney makes an R-rated Vader series where he slaughters Jedi after RotS? All of the manchildren who want dark Star Wars have been clamoring for it for years, and now there are rumors that Disney eventually wants to put R-rated Star Wars on Hulu.

I think the only reason they didn't do this already (or at least mentioned) is money. Animating Jedi / force powers is not as easy/cheap as slapping some props from 1983 on an old guy and watch people gush over it, let alone having Darth Vader fighting multiple Jedi etc.