Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

They're not sending vaccines first class, ducky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I guess Lester didn't hear about all of the other right-wing riots that took place on Jan. 6th around the country, and are still happening. Weird.

Frostyhawk posted:

I know the bullshit about New York, Portland, Seattle etc. being in smoldering Antifa ruins according to the right-wingosphere, but what on earth does Lester think Antifa did to Houston? I live here and while there were protests, there were never huge conflicts.

Maybe: https://www.texasmonthly.com/politics/the-monument-men/

There was a fake to-do about antifa wanting to tear down a statue of Sam Houston, buncha freedom-defenders showed up to protect the statue, nothing happened, and everyone got mad that they didn't get to brawl.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Jedit posted:

E: By the way, where did Garrison post that little screed about "the only way back is violence"? Because I think there's a couple of government agencies who would like a word with the Notorious ZBG about it.

It's on his Web site, at the bottom of the page for the "Dark Winter" cartoon.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I wonder when was the last time Stantis remembered that Winslow is the liberal stand-in.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Calico Heart posted:

Were there Gaybues for 2020?

Yes.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"Edible green body paint" :biglips:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Has Biden actually even done anything with immigration or is this just Ramirez being a racist rear end in a top hat?
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1350933928434151434

https://twitter.com/colinkalmbacher/status/1362537940325437452

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1364051498506805266

Just an assembly line of citizenships and voter registrations, clearly.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

War Wizard posted:

Blockchain is otherwise known as a distributed Ledger. every time a transaction takes place in it, the ledger needs to be updated by every other person with the Ledger. In a decentralized system everyone has a ledger. You can see how maybe making millions of packets of online traffic every time a single transaction is made can add up real quick.

Also, transactions in cryptocurrencies don't get officially accepted until some number of the people "mining" the bitcoins approve a limited number of transactions at the same time they turn in their work -- and the work is having warehouses of computers blasting away guessing solutions to math problems. Bitcoin keeps the rate of problem-solving stable by cranking up the difficulty of the math problems whenever they get solved too quickly, so now it takes the energy output of a small nation just to run the network.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

(yeah, yeah, it's a rectangle, I know)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

It's amusing that even in Ben's bizarre account of this situation, Swalwell does the right thing and immediately breaks off any connection to the Chinese spy when informed of who she is. Y'know, the exact opposite of what the GOP kept doing, and covering up.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Boy, if only we had a big road or canal or something for this big vehicle we need to move!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

idonotlikepeas posted:

If there isn't a bed in a shelter for the children, the border patrol hangs onto them, resulting in the kids in cages (or at least surrounded by plastic sheets) we've been seeing on the news, because the Border Patrol absolutely does not have appropriate spaces to house children in. Since nobody wants that, HHS has been trying to find anywhere they can put these kids. They're looking at public buildings near the border, military bases, wherever they can find to keep them, because they are way, way over capacity and the flow isn't slowing down. Ironically, the early efforts the Biden administration made to open more shelters were decried as... building cages for kids.

There've also been some accusations that Border Patrol are slow-walking people through the process (and have been for years) because seeing kids in cages helps stoke fear of the invading migrant hordes among conservatives and hurts Biden/helps Trump politically.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Georgia has been diligently stripping any voting integrity laws from the books. AGC.

Dow soars! Economy humming!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

China Justice Observer posted:

Where voters directly elect deputies to the people’s congresses, the voters obtain their ballots with their ID cards or voter certificates, and then cast their votes in polling stations and mobile ballot boxes.

also, something something it's a republic, not a democracy :smugdog:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Mallard Fillmore - Loren Fishman

The right wing will happily mimic progressive language to justify their own racist actions. AGC.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
It's a weird intersection of awful people and oppression, but my eyes rolled right out of my skull reading that response from Owens.

Life imitates art.

https://twitter.com/badrushgaming/status/623824275040919552

This abrupt Republican shift to "the free market is actually bad" has been wild to watch.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Jeff, are you sure you didn't get Gaetz's sex crimes mixed up with that other dude's threesome photos?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Funny, just last year, Republicans were raging about liquor stores being allowed to remain open along with other grocery stores.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I don't think this particular audit will turn up any Republican voter fraud. Garrison calls them an independent third party which means it's either an obvious scam or a rabble of true believers.

Definitely a very trustworthy company.

Marketwatch posted:

Cyber Ninjas filed the policies under seal Sunday afternoon and asked Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Christopher Coury to keep them sealed as trade secrets and because the Senate is immune as a separate branch of government. The company also wants the hearing closed to the media and the public.

Cyber Ninjas also prompted Coury to recuse himself from the case by adding an attorney to its team who previously worked as Coury’s intern. Another judge will now have to step in, and it wasn’t clear immediately whether Monday’s hearing would be held as scheduled. The court website showed no hearing on the calendar.
[...]
Cyber Ninjas started the weeks-long recount effort Friday, but it is doing so with little transparency and refuses to allow media or the public to watch the recount being held at the state fairgrounds in Phoenix. Only observers who have had their backgrounds checked by the company are allowed in.

The Florida-based consultancy has no election experience and is run by a man who has shared unfounded conspiracy theories claiming the official 2020 presidential election results are illegitimate.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Apr 29, 2021

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Prickly City - Scott Stantis and Eric Allie

I wonder how much Winslow, a literal coyote, will lose due to the increase in capital gains taxes.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

Wow, he sure picked up on this story quickly!

https://twitter.com/NYTMetro/status/1388184898436018191

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah, anecdotes I've heard from Texans make it seem like the people who are moving there from California are pretty firmly in the "conservatives who want to buy into the tax-free cowboy lifestyle" camp. I dunno how accurate that is overall, but it makes it seem like the "oh no, Texas is being infiltrated by Auntie Fah" narrative is fairly unlikely (shocking, I know).

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/966519007238066176

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Dammit, Dutch! You spent all our cash on Dogecoin?!"
"I've got a plan, Arthur!"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: FDR and Biden Are Exactly the Same

When I think of really important ways the President could improve people's lives, half of them are talking to the press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
He doesn't even attempt to explain it in his rant. Just, "Disney's censoring their films!"

Which is it, Henry? Mask bad, or mask good?