Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Carmant posted:

When your heart is racing like you just snorted three lines of cocaine, that's how you know you just made a sound investment. It means you're thinking clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

this is the rollercoaster stopping at the top, building in anticipation for when it all goes to poo poo

amazing

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Woof Blitzer posted:

lolling at how this thread went from "owning stock = hitler" to "go up aaaaaa." You're giving me severe whiplash.

this thread = go up aaaaaaaaaa

owning stock = hitler

this thread = go up aaaaaa == owning stock = hitler

this thread = go up aaaa / owning stock == owning stock = hitler / this thread

1 / owning stock = 1 / this thread

owning stock = this thread

invest goons!!!!!!!!!!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

oxsnard posted:

the fomo in this thread is concerning ngl

it's not fomo if you're actually buying in

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

it's not fear of missing out if you get in right now with all your money goons

get in now and you will, guaranteed, at least double your money down

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

i cannot stress this enough- this is more of a socio-economic impact than Occupy Wall Street and you don't have to get teargassed

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

..they're lying?

so what you're saying is they're still in there

and we should buy gme

right now

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

I sold my amc at 20 I'm a fool here's what I made though

Put in: $170

Made: $420

this could be you, goons, but add some zeros at the end, live big

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Agean90 posted:

lol at everyone rush selling. Kick back and watch the show, after all you'll only lose money you weren't relying on

you did only bet money you could afford to lose right

right

:doit:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

lol this is the exact way in which the stock market was used by ordinary people just prior to the great depression of the 20s xD

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

cumshitter posted:

you cheap bastard!

hush. all gains are precious

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

oxsnard posted:

they have rules for temporarily freezing options that is independent of the equity exchanges. Calm down

nO

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

cumshitter posted:

he was buying at way below the current price lol

sounds like a winning move to me. everyone buying at $300, but u buy at $100 and sell at $moon? genius.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Good time to revisit the concepts of systemic risk and entrained systems, I imagine.

coward talk

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Penisaurus Sex posted:

no I'm saying that Reddit and internet weirdos might legitimately destabilize the US and world financial economy by memeing stocks up to the moon.

god when you put it like that it's even funnier

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

they're gonna bluepill more people in a day by halting AMC trading than Occupy Wall Street/DSA/etc have done in a decade

Eight-Six posted:

i cannot stress this enough- this is more of a socio-economic impact than Occupy Wall Street and you don't have to get teargassed

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

i mean this is some pretty loving naked and open economic rigging here lads

always has been

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Also, SA was last to the party :laugh:

first to the party is a fukken DORK

also rich af now

so really we're just here to get hosed up and ruin our- and others- lives

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

if even loving libertarian bacon eating reddit shitlords get woke to the fact that the market isnt free in the slightest and begin to become openly critical of the rigging of the economy against the young by the old, poo poo *WILL* go down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

ok.

oxsnard posted:

gme is gonna close at 50 bucks. quote this post

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

AMC is a classic pump & dump btw for these who aren't familiar with market behavior

but if we buy we're on the pump side right

right

right

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What I mean by entrainment and systemic risk is that one bank or hedge fund going down isn't just one bank or hedge fund going down anymore.

Post-2008 we created a system that preserved the worst aspects of interdependency from the before times while also homogenizing entire industries and enticing more and more mergers and working relationships.

A really poor and tired metaphor is a bunch of dominos but imagine what happens if you make the dominos bigger and take smaller ones away, you create a more and more fragile system that is both more vulnerable to shocks in general but also is much more at risk of a single shock cascading through the entire system.

If the right actor gets rinsed by this insanity that's what will happen. And there are way fewer actors today than there were in 2007/08.

yes

we are acutely aware that no problems have ever been fixed so that the naked greed can't cripple 99% of people anymore

and it keeps. happening

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

which is why all this bullshit is hilarious because I can watch it in real time

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

buy AMC or buy GME or buy both???

and BB, and KOSS, and and and

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

oxsnard posted:

so, just fyi, the fact that GME has been pretty stable for the past 10 minutes is probably a bad sign for HODLers. MMs are getting their books neutral and there's gonna be a big gap down now.

It's gonna drop back to 200 real fuckin fast

do I quote this post

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

soup. posted:

It's cool to be here to try to calm the room, but the stuff you're saying is just not good advice.

I know why you're here. You're here for the same reason someone who's trying not to drink lingers at the bar. You're getting high off of this. The incidental buzz. This is lighting up those neuron pathways burned into you that rewards gambling. That's fine. But nobody should listen to someone who's lurking the room getting high off a gambling fix. I know the excuse you're telling yourself, but it's a lie. I've seen a lot of people like you. You're not helping anyone here. You're creeping your disease.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

how long can you humiliate and oppress an entire generation before they wake up and fight back

i'm not sure this is fighting back so much as giving a monkey a gun and institutional traders are now in survive mode

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

oxsnard posted:

I think soup. is looking out for me, it's all good tho. I've literally been in therapy and counseling for years about this very topic now. It's some cognitive therapy and exposure therapy.

My feelings aren't hurt

yeah fr i don't post much and i hope none of my quoted posts of you are taken overly personally

all this is just

lmao.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

do any of you still have money?

money isn't real lmao

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Olive Branch posted:

It is done. AMC bought, 66 shares (sadly couldn't make it 69). I hope I make money to help myself and goons. :unsmith:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

lol he mad

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

skooma512 posted:

I was long $AMC anyway, hoping it would rise the normal way for normal reasons.

Now I made a YOLO play. How else are my GF's student loans and car repairs gonna be paid?

bruh you're gonna be able to buy so many cars

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

the market is fukken st00pid

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

realtalk I'm not sure there's going to be the same surge to other stocks like what happened for GME

posttalk LET 'ER RIP

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

In Training posted:

cash out and buy a bigass soda you earned it

don't forget to save $3 for taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big fuckin' winner over here

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

ok but why is NOK going nuts

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

STOCKS ARE PRAXINIGNDASIGNA;LSERHNAS;RLHN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

one stock please, por favor