Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Has anyone on PC Rise had issues where you don't get any joiners when running a hunt with Join Request active? I never had issues when on the Switch version so I don't think it's a port forwarding thing but I'm not sure what else to try and was curious if anyone had fixed it. If not I'll just keep joining hunts instead of starting them but it's kinda annoying getting a bunch of almost done hunts with joining them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So do you run a different dual blade element set for every encounter, or do you have some sort of general set you use most often? I'm looking into putting together a dual blade set now that my bow and HBG sets are in mostly decent shape.

It's best to have a set for each element/weakness with dual blades. It sounds like a lot of work (and it does take a bit), but it's very much worthwhile in most of the games.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Maybe one day they'll let me turn off the very useless horn song UI and not have to turn off other parts of the UI too.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love multiplayer for the most part in these games but I've been mostly doing solo stuff for Sunbreak both because I want to level my dog and because pubbies in MR seem to be either not upgrading armor or just taking way more damage than I do for other reasons. I don't mind people carting or even failing the quests usually but when it's failing 4 minutes into the hunt because of how fast they're dying I'd rather wait for people to get used to the game than deal with that.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

chumbler posted:

Fiorayne is real thirsty for the player to the point of other characters pointing it out. It rules.

Luchika is still the best follower, though.

I love that Luchika just goes berserk in hunts.

I still haven't decided what but I like the most for IG. I love the powder vortex bugs, though the blast one seems much more useful and worth taking over the paralysis bug, for a hybrid mostly air IG with some ground comboing during stuns and such with using the powder vortex when the mon isn't running around. I'm using one of the assist bugs for monsters I prefer staying on the ground for because it lets me pretty much never have to grab essence past the start of of fight. I think with some of the new switch skills it's probably best to use some of the dual color bugs for air combat but I dunno if I ever want to be in the air at all times with IG, at least so far in sunbreak hunts.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Anyone having issues with connection errors since Sunbreak PC came out? I've been playing mostly solo but I'm getting the errors even then and I just got booted from a multiplayer hunt due to a connection error. Searching around I can't really find anything besides that a few people on reddit have the same issue so I dunno if it's a wait for a patch thing or not.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Harrow posted:

Please... Rathalos... just one mantle... please... just one...

Same here!!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lunagaron is weird to me because all of its attacks have such a huge windup and there's so few options for it to use that after the first time I fought it the mon has been easier that pretty much every single other MR mon because the rest have plenty of tools to use and actually hit with their attacks. It just doesn't really feel like a MR monster.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Wellwinds posted:

Luna feels really undertuned to handle anyone with any evade extender or reliable movement options; really clear linear attacks without much tracking

I'm looking forward to the afflicted version though because their basic upgrade is just chaining things faster and that could do a lot for him

Yeah the lack of tracking is 99% of why I find him so easy with IG I think, a lot of times I'll try a wyvern dive or air attack a MR zinogre or whatever and they'll slighly move their tail or do a quick swipe out of the air sometimes which means I can't just stunlock them. Even if I miss a dive on Luna his wind up is so long and attacks are so linear that I can still easily jump out of the way with evade extender with no issues at all. Even some of the old monsters like Rathian/Rathalos give me way more trouble if I miss any attacks.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Got a lance set together today after never using it the entire time I've played these games and it rules. Still need to figure out the timings of when I can block after attacking and such but it feels amazing to just never leave a monster's side while breaking everything on it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Yeah I went from solo afflicted hunts taking ages to finishing some hunts in less than ten minutes with lance once I started to just poke them normally instead of focusing on the blobs. For some reason the way I read the tutorial I thought you'd need to destroy those to get them out of that phase.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Really wish there were more options for the gunlance. I know damage isn't everything but it sucks that something like the rathian GL decreases in shell level when upgrading it and there's very few shell 8 GLs. Still maybe my favorite weapon and perfectly useable, just expected a little better from the bazel set at least.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

I'd be more mad about the state of GL in the update but I really love the Pyre Rakna one and am fine to continue using it. Its cool sneak attack works but uh the armor seems pretty bad for GL otherwise so I imagine builds using it are going to be really stretched

I like the canyne one fine so I'm not super mad either, I still think this is the best GL has felt and played like in ages.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Without layered armor I would have a much tougher time playing with the owl mask or whatever so I think it's good to have. I rarely even look at "meta" sets and I can't think of the last time whatever set I come up with actually looks decent. Especially since there's sets like the last boss chest that just gives you giant floppy bits that look bad with everything

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think the Clutch Claw sucked on the majority of weapons I play with but it was bearable. I really hated the FOMO from event quests working like they did and just didn't find the Guiding Lands to be fun to grind out at all. I still played a bunch of IB and love World in general but Rise is a ton better to me, and it's nice to come back every few months and be able to still do the events and such I missed during a break (the break is playing Generations instead of Rise).

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Switch Axe asks the questions what if Charge Blade was bad

Happy Noodle Boy more like Wrong Noodle Boy!!!!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Actually Rathalos is bad and I hope they keep dropping in rankings if they do this again :colbert:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Your Computer posted:

underwater combat could be good :colbert: maybe

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't dislike World at all but I really hated clutch claw in Iceborne. I think GU is the best overall but I really love Rise/Sunbreak - I don't necessarily want the speed of fights/amount of parries in other games in the future but it was fine for these games and I overall like them way more than World. I think I might like World more if starting a new game in that one wasn't incredibly slow - I'm just not a big fan of collecting things to track monsters and feel like the gear is pretty boring til endgame. Plus, I like the endgame of Sunbreak more than the Guiding Lands so I don't see myself going back to MHW or Iceborne over Sunbreak/GU. Hoping Wilds is somewhere in between MHW and Sunbreak.