Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I think this is a silly question but Rise is going to run at 30fps right?

Some of the videos make it seem smoother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Badly Jester posted:

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that they're using an early PC build to show off the game in videos. The demo seems to have some slow-down occasionally, so I'm bracing myself for a "less than rock-solid 30 FPS" experience.

Yeah this is kinda what I’m afraid of. I know the switch isn’t super powerful and all but a nice consistent 30 would be great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Any idea how big of a download this is?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hogama posted:

The preload is is like 7.1 GB on disk.

Nice!

Now who is getting the deluxe version? Obviously it’s all cosmetic stuff but ya know...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

^burtle posted:

Is Rise Deluxe physical only?

No you can get it on the eshop as well. Its on the same page.

You can also get the deluxe stuff separate but it’s $15

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzdRGbKU7Ko

Dual Blades review (includes the other switch skills so slight spoiler)

Aerial DBs are B A C K :getin: They brought back the ONE thing I was missing the most from Iceborne I'm so loving happy.

They're talking about how degenerate evade extender / window can get with the new demon modes is seriously hyping me up

I was just about to link this! Dual Blades looks legit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Harrow posted:

Does anyone here have the Hori Split Pad Pro? I get the feeling I'm going to want to play handheld sometimes and that the joycons are not going to be particularly comfortable for that.

I have it and it’s fantastic. I just wish it had more weight to it. It feels a little flimsy IMO

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is absolutely ridiculous.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

As someone who is also disappointed, I can think of several other things that are worse than "Missing an Unlock Time that was never official in the first place and was only a best guess"

Sorry but I can’t.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

In Training posted:

It came out in other countries at midnight local.

:yeah:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Star posted:

You can pause whenever by pressing the home button on the controller but it won’t save while on a mission.

Yeah I put my switch to sleep in the middle and came back just fine. Works great!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone done the Amiibo scanning yet?

Does it just need to be MH ones?

What did you get from it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

For hammer, don't forget you can swap back to the default charge mode to instantly get a full charge, that can help you squeeze in a max charge impact crater just at the end of a knockdown.

Non MH amiibos get you a random draw at the lottery, so a couple free consumable items. Not a big deal.

What do the MH specific ones get you?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hogama posted:

Some special layered armor the first time you scan them, afterwards they function the same as any amiibo.

Mangnamalo also unlocks the Fish Collar Armor Piece for Palico and Shuriken Collar Armor Piece for Palamute, as I understand it.

Nice! Is there any truth to the rumor that the MH Stories give stuff? I heard that thrown around.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok how the heck do you get the BBQ? I looked at the menu options and I just can’t find it. The tool tip didn’t help either.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Iymarra posted:

Probably dumb question but does the monhunrise edition pro controller work with the game? Box says it only works with software that lists pro controller compatible on it and either I'm blind or rise doesn't list that on the box.

It’s just a regular pro controller with a fancy paint job.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Apologies if this was covered / asked but with stories 2 is it like an actual sequel or is it like stories 1 but ++.

I have stories 1 that I was going to play through but if 2 is just 1 (obviously the story is different) but a lot better maybe I should skip 1?

I looked on YouTube but I didn’t see any 1 to 2 comparisons.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

It's a straight up sequel, complete with returning characters that are now older.

Ok thanks! I’ll give 1 a play through then since I already have it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I beat Stories 1 yesterday and honestly I think you'd be fine with skipping it. The story is incredibly basic and the characters are so surface-level that you probably won't be missing out on anything. The early-game is pretty easy and the lategame has some issues that I would mostly describe as "The game playing rock-paper-scissors against itself and frequently deciding that the hand they played on your behalf lost" that it sounds like Stories 2 fixed a lot of

Hmm ok that gives me something to think about. I've got 1 on my phone (which plays really really well tbh) and I think I might just give it a shot for a bit and see how it goes.

2 does look really good so if I don't totally bounce off 1 I'll be giving it a shot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do we think Rise is going to come to PC at some point? I seem to recall that being on the table.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

They confirmed it around Rise's release, it's probably coming Spring 2022.

Ok awesome thanks!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1443574659782299653?s=21

Jan 12 2022

Hell yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Done.

Cross save would be fuckin amazing but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell yeah 144fps with everything maxed out no problem.

Easy 60fps on the steam deck yessssss