Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
please. people say there's no optimism in CSPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

empty whippet box posted:

hoping for biden to die of covid is just setting yourself up for disappointment. nothing good happens in this hellworld and it never will. face you rself to darkness

i dunno i think things wouid be objectively worse with harris as president. the chuds would get really loving unruly and violent with a woman poc as president. policy-wise we'd be in the same poo poo show. and she'd probably declare the police as infallible and pardon any and all crimes police officers commit

so all that said... i think joe gonna die from covid lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
oh please chuds would whine and everything would be very funny, thats all. she'd get beaten and that would be that

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
who becomes vice president? does harris get to pick someone and house approve or something similar?

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

who becomes vice president? does harris get to pick someone and house approve or something similar?

The president nominates somebody who has to be confirmed by both houses of congress.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I believe

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Kreeblah posted:

The president nominates somebody who has to be confirmed by both houses of congress.

that's hilarious hahahahaha

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

mod sassinator posted:

kristen sinema

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
manchin would demand we pick a republican VP to be fair and balanced

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

hoping for biden to die of covid is just setting yourself up for disappointment. nothing good happens in this hellworld and it never will. face you rself to darkness

nothing good happens, that is true, but sometimes funny things do happen, and i think that's what matters most here

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

i dunno i think things wouid be objectively worse with harris as president. the chuds would get really loving unruly and violent with a woman poc as president. policy-wise we'd be in the same poo poo show. and she'd probably declare the police as infallible and pardon any and all crimes police officers commit

so all that said... i think joe gonna die from covid lol

um....biden dying would be like super loving funny though

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Judakel posted:

that's hilarious hahahahaha

Yuuuuup. If he croaks after the Dems lose the Senate and/or the House, I imagine that'll just be vacant until Harris also dies fromwith COVID somehow, and we end up with whatever chud is speaker at the time as president.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

if biden is killed by covid i might be willing to accept optimism as a concept

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

um....biden dying would be like super loving funny though

:smugdon:

I like Presidents who don't die of covid

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao yeah biden dying would bring about a worse world especially after the midterms. kamala barely able to squeak jennifer rubin through both houses as veep nom

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Kreeblah posted:

Yuuuuup. If he croaks after the Dems lose the Senate and/or the House, I imagine that'll just be vacant until Harris also dies fromwith COVID somehow, and we end up with whatever chud is speaker at the time as president.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kissinger veep

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

kristen sinema

all for accelerationism but now you went too far

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
would joe have the shortest stint at president in US history if he croaked this month? or was there like one guy that basically lasted a couple weeks?

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

imagine getting covid because the president sniffed your hair lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

would joe have the shortest stint at president in US history if he croaked this month? or was there like one guy that basically lasted a couple weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddT4aGZJHMo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

lmao yeah biden dying would bring about a worse world especially after the midterms. kamala barely able to squeak jennifer rubin through both houses as veep nom

everything after midterms will be the same regardless of if biden dies or not because the republicans will have supermajorities in the house and senate. no i have not looked to see how many seats are up for grabs and it does not matter. however many seats there are, that is how many the dems will lose

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

mod sassinator posted:

That would be William Henry Harrison. He got sick and died like a month in.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Kreeblah posted:

He gave a really long inauguration speech out in the cold and died. Trump coulda gone out that way too tbh

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Vim Fuego posted:

He gave a really long inauguration speech out in the cold and died. Trump coulda gone out that way too tbh

joe giving a really creepy hug and hair smell that eventually sickened him is still pretty good and up there with the best presidential deaths

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

everything after midterms will be the same regardless of if biden dies or not because the republicans will have supermajorities in the house and senate. no i have not looked to see how many seats are up for grabs and it does not matter. however many seats there are, that is how many the dems will lose
tbf there are a lot of dem seats up for grabs in the House in 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mccarthy's favored to be the next speaker but i don't think this will be 2010 or 2014. biden's already underwater and so is direction of the country but the generic ballot is roughly +2 dems. things'll slip a bit more and redistricting will take its toll so my projection is dems lose ~30 seats in the house. the senate map is more difficult for republicans but a couple dem states (ohio, new hampshire, others) look grim. either way it's not like we got anything out of the seven months of unified government, just like 2009 lol

in 2009-2010 opposition solidified and trump's busy forcing primary fights at the moment, 2022 will be messier

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kreeblah posted:

James Garfield himself died like 6 months in and for four of those months he was bed ridden. The doctors didn't realize the metal springs under the bed were the reason why Alexander Graham Bell's metal detector kept going off and couldn't find the bullet

It's too bad too because he wanted a universal education system and civil rights

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 07:42 on Sep 18, 2021

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

WampaLord posted:

:smugdon:

I like Presidents who don't die of covid

he would 100% say this

i wouldn't be surprised if trump went for a seat in the house out of "nowhere" and immediately got voted to be speaker of the house (that's how that works, right?)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's not a bad plan. biden gets bedridden in like may 2022, trump runs for FL-16 or w/e and instantly becomes speaker

mccarthy would eat poo poo and be happy doing so

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
JoeVID 21

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Alobar posted:

he would 100% say this

i wouldn't be surprised if trump went for a seat in the house out of "nowhere" and immediately got voted to be speaker of the house (that's how that works, right?)

You can be speaker of the house without being a representative.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Don Pigeon posted:

You can be speaker of the house without being a representative.

it adds legitimacy, i scream into the void

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

That's a myth to make it seem more dignified. He drank sewage water and died lol.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

Newsom just looks so god drat weird, like you could not make a better lizard person politician

He reminds me of the same look Michael Douglas had in movies like The Game.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
nothing burger. Hope I'm wrong though

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i hope he dies

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

That's a myth to make it seem more dignified. He drank sewage water and died lol.

anyone who promises to drink sewer water has my vote

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I promise to drink sewer water

*has intern drink sewer water*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lmao i hope he dies