Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Do you think Reddit would overload from white hot rage if someone posted an AITA as a Christian dealing with a drug problem who cheated on someone?

Or would MLMs and children need to be involved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

quote:

My (36F) husband (34M), married for two years and together for five altogether, used to be very affectionate with each other in a way that was playful, flirty and warm. A couple months ago he decided I was too "clingy" and that he wanted to be the one to initiate all physical contact from then on. (I do not think I was/am clingy. I initiated hugs and kisses a few times a day with a few other casual touches like a hand on the shoulder, but was very far from groping him every second.) I know he has also been coming to terms with some issues from a difficult childhood at that time (not physical abuse, more emotional abandonment/alienation issues with his parents) so I wanted to give him space and not make this about me, especially as he promised to continue being regularly affectionate. And he has done so, maybe a bit less than before but we still have some affectionate touches (initiated by him) every day and more intimate activities a couple times a week (used to be more like 3-4 times a week, but again, I know he is going through some stuff).

A few days ago, I found out at work I had gotten a big promotion and bonus. When I got home I was so excited that I threw my arms around him, thereby violating his rule that he needed to be the one to initiate contact. He immediately pushed me away and got extremely angry. (It was not a sexual hug at all, more like the kind you see sports team members giving each other when they win a big game.) I tried to apologize but he started yelling about how I am an abuser and traumatized him. He asked me to leave (I quickly packed a few things and went to a motel not wanting things to escalate further).

I understand from his brother that after I left he tried to go to the police to press charges but they said that a quick hug from one's wife, even if not really wanted/expected, was not the kind of thing they are going to prosecute. He is now threatening to call my employer to tell them I am am abuser who engages in sexual misconduct in my personal life. I am NOT asking for legal advice about that here - what I am asking is, honestly, would he be justified in telling my employer about what happened? I did make a terrible mistake even if it wasn't malicious. I believe people are allowed to determine that they don't want others to initiate touch and should have bodily autonomy. Just because I wouldn't be traumatized over a hug doesn't mean he shouldn't be. I am willing to accept that he may very well divorce me over this and that I may lose other important friendships and family relationships. But should I also lose my job? (My job is working with other adults in an office, not vulnerable people. I don't and have never initiated physical contact with coworkers except an occasional handshake or accepting a high-five.)

TL;DR: After getting great news I excitedly hugged my husband without consent (he requires being the one to initiate all physical contact). He was so upset he tried to press charges and now wants to tell my employer I abused him and I am seeking opinions about whether that is justified from an accountability perspective (not legal advice).

UPDATE

quote:

So - things came to a head, but not in the way I was expecting. My husband's brother (BIL) continued to stay with him while I stayed at a hotel. After a couple days, I got a call from (BIL) asking me to come home so that we could all talk (he assured me I would be safe). Turns out - my husband has been having an affair with an intern at his company (21F) and is deeply in love and wants to be with her (he told BIL this shortly after I left). He wanted to make me the bad guy so first started with the "no touching" rule figuring I would get fed up with it, or that eventually I would make a mistake and he could use that to claim I was an abuser (that is what happened) so that I would be the bad guy. It was also a way to reduce intimacy of all types with me while he was falling out of love with me and in love with his affair partner.

So, he made up the stuff about trauma flaring up, and isn't actually having a psychotic break, although obviously has some level of mental problems to do something so cruel.

For what it's worth, he did apologize - sort of. Said he was just "so in love" with the other woman and couldn't deal with hurting me directly by leaving me right away (?!) so came up with this plan. And just got a little too caught up "in character" when I gave him the mistaken hug with calling me an abuser, making a police report and threatening my job.

We sat down and talked about everything (with BIL as mediator) and agreed to a cordial and quick divorce. Dividing assets 50/50. Thankfully no pets or kids. I know I could probably make things harder for him under the circumstances, but I really just want to move on as soon as possible and put this all behind me. I have a good job/income and don't need anything from him other than my freedom, ASAP.

I appreciate everyone who commented (and all who sent me messages, apologies for not responding personally to everyone but was a bit overwhelmed). Even though things went in an unexpected direction, it was so helpful to see that what was happening wasn't normal and also helped me to prepare for the truth when it came out. Thank you.

TL;DR: My (34F) husband (36M) said he was dealing with trauma and made rules about my not being allowed to initiate touching him anymore. Followed the rules perfectly for a couple months but slipped up and hugged him excitedly after getting a promotion, after which he accused me of abusing/assaulting him. Turns out he was just having an affair and wanted to find a way to make me the bad guy in the marriage ending. Everything is out in the open now and we are getting a divorce. It's relatively cordial under the circumstances and I'm feeling okay for now but will probably need a lot of therapy in the long-term.

If your convoluted plan involves accusing your wife of assault to make her look like the bad guy you are still, in fact, the bad guy.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for making a budget to show how my niece how hard it would be if she married her fiancé?

quote:

My niece is engaged to her new boyfriend. They have been dating for 4 months and she is just 19. My brother told her that he will stop funding her life if she marries him. My niece is pretty spoiled. She visited me last week. I think she thought I would be supportive because I was also cut off because I refused to divorce my wife.

She didn't know how much he made and when she texted him about it he was being shady and not responding. So I assumed he would make 16 dollars per hour and work 12 hours per a day for 6 days and 10,000 dollars in tips and I assumed she would work the same hours and make the same amount.

I then showed her how much things will actually cost and budgeted them figures in. I also emphasized that these were very generous assumptions on my part and It is a rosier picture than reality. It still meant that she would have to make substantial changes to her lifestyle and I think it dawned on her how drastically different it would be to date someone without money and be actually married to them.

While the hours are pretty unlikely, that adds up to almost $140 000/year, how spoiled is this girl?

I mean getting engaged at 19 after 4 months is a terrible idea and she shouldn't do it, but not because of that budget, even if they were making literally half that.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Funktastic posted:

AITA for being annoyed when my nephew always orders the most expensive food on the menu?
Holy poo poo that is rude of the kid. If they're going to talk up cultural values and expect OP to pay for everyone they need to tell their kid to quit being a shithead and show some respect.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Pomme de Terror posted:

There was an update on this one:
Girlfriend needs to get a job so she'll have at least some employment history if they break up. Stay at home girlfriend would be a pretty sweet gig with no kids or pets to deal with, but leaves her in a really ugly position if things go south. Like they very nearly did. And he needs to learn how to do housework whether they stay together or not.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for dumping my husband's dinner instead of re-heating it?
I can think of one more thing she should be dumping

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Mx. posted:

AITA for lashing out at my husband for suggesting I stop buying formula instead of cancelling his streaming services to save money?

throw the whole man out
The biggest part that stands out to me is if you've stopped breastfeeding and have been using formula for more than a little while you can't exactly just restart it. If she was pumping, maybe, but it sounds like baby is strictly formula now. Also going to roll my eyes forever at "fakeup" HOW CLEVER. She should cancel everything.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing to return my $400 wedding dress like my fiancè requested?

I see this marriage lasting long.
She should keep the dress but offer to go wedding dress shopping with him to see if they can find anything better for cheaper but hit up as many higher end stores as possible. Maybe once he sees a bunch of four digit prices he'll shut up.

And then she should dump him for being an idiot unless he pulls his head out of his rear end.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

cumshitter posted:

AITA for refusing to take my name of the deed to my mother in laws home ?

Give me your future home.

Some choice comments:
oh my god I was ready to say renting your 2 bedroom condo to your mother in law is a bad idea unless you have a really healthy relationship, but this was a far, far worse idea.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Dramatika posted:

My Fiance wants to end our relationship because I didn't choose him first

It’s like the matrix but she’s actually jumping into the bullets path as it does it’s best to miss
I like the part where he stopped talking to her for 6 months because she turned him down and was then all loving pissed she didn't tell him she was seeing someone. While he wasn't talking to her.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

Meanwhile:

TIFU by showing my girlfriend my actual strength

The comment for those curious:
this is why I like rock climbing. Because you're not competing directly against anyone, their strength has no bearing on what you can or can't do.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

value-brand cereal posted:

AITA for cancelling my son's birthday because of the gift he brought his step-brother.?
https://www.rareddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/poorod/aita_for_cancelling_my_sons_birthday_because_of/
Prank him back and tell him you're using his college fund to to pay for fertility treatments for his stepbrother.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

quote:

AITA for telling my wife it would be controlling and inappropriate for her to try and change how my family does Christmas?

My wife and I rotate who we spend Christmas with, so one year her family and one year my family. I don't love doing it with her family, and she isn't a big fan of my mother (please don't tell us to do it as a nuclear family we both hate that idea) Our families are pretty different.

Her family is much more about the kids. Even the dinner is tailored more to what kids like (bland in my opinion, but I would never say that), the kids each get 1000 gifts and spend Christmas running around my MIL house, making a huge ruckus.

Christmas with my family is amazing food, though we usually have to pack our toddler her own meal, a more relaxed atmosphere, and my mom doesn't get any of her grandkids gifts. I don't know her exact reasoning. She says that only the nuclear families should buy gifts, though she does get me and my two sisters something but gives it to us about a week in advance. my kids don't know that she does that. My mom encourages the kids to play in another room so the adults can talk, but me and my wife put our foot down because these kids are just too young. To be clear we exchange gifts at home before going, my wife just finds it really weird that no one in the family buys for other people kids. It has nothing to do with my mom being frugal or anti-materialism. My mom and stepdad go all out for each other.

Anyway it is our year to do Christmas with my side, and my wife came to me and proposed suggesting to the family that we only buy for kids and make Christmas more "kid friendly" I told her she really has no right to tell my mom how to spend her money and that would not go over well with my very childfree sister (other sister has kids as well) She said she feels that Christmas is supposed to be this magical time for the kids, and my mom and stepdad, and childfree sister and BIL have their anniversaries, birthdays, and valentines to spoil each other. she said she just really hates how much Christmas is about the adults in my family and it makes her sad.

I said her points are totally valid, but it would be controlling and inappropriate to try and change how my family has always done things, and she would definitely offend my mom. She said I'm putting my mom's feelings ahead of hers and she just wants to bring it up and she doesn't like that I used the word controlling
Note: OP says the kids are 7, 5 and 3

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

$10 says husband is an engineer
I dunno, because unless he sounded dead serious or has belittled her in the past it sounds like a pretty extreme reaction on her part. It was a tactless thing to say, and he should have followed up with something how much he values her intelligence and perspective but I really don't think her anger is proportional.

Eta: actually on a reread he doubled down on the comments after she said she was upset that was incredibly stupid of him.

Solenna fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 22, 2021

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Hughlander posted:

Guess the spoilers but not going to go through the whole thing...

WIBTA if I told my friend to stop being so needy?

is the OP friends with the family who was mad that their daughter had the nerve to date someone her (dating the daughter's cheating ex) stepsister had a crush on? Because I'm getting a real similar vibe.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

Next year I want Santa to bring some spines.

AITA for not liking what my boyfriend got me for Christmas?
If he didn't get her anything for her birthday, and they didn't discuss spending at all, I'm not really sure what she was expecting? For sure it's disappointing but it's like being disappointed that your un-housebroken dog poo poo on the floor.

quote:

AITA for just giving everyone money for Christmas?
I could see a couple small gifts and then some cash being a good compromise but that would probably be worth a conversation instead of completely changing things and not telling anyone until it happens. I wonder how bad the gifts were versus how whiny the kids were.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Push for Nick Offerman themed as a compromise, and then you can get tasteful wooden baby furniture.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

quote:

AITA for telling my boyfriend he has to keep his furniture in one room if he wants to move in with me?

Okay so I know this sounds terrible, also this is a throwaway account because I think my boyfriend follows my original one.

I have an Instagram with a pretty big following. I post pictures of my apartment and my book collection. I'd consider this my second job since I do make money from it and only work part-time at another job. I get paid for product placements etc.

So naturally, my apartment is very staged and every single piece of furniture and decor is well thought out, matches and is generally just the same "vibe".

Now recently my boyfriend started talking about moving in with me. We've been together for 4 years, and he lives quite far away, so moving in would make sense. He thinks my apartment is "funny" and looks like its straight out of a catalogue. But he doesn't really care what I do with my own apartment.

But now the problems begin - he obviously wants to take his furniture with him. At least a part of it, especially since he bought most of the stuff new last year when he moved to a bigger apartment.

The thing is - my apartment and my Instagram (as well as my following) have a boho / scandi flair. Everything matches that specific style. His furniture is mostly black from Ikea, think Malm, Kallax, Billy etc. So it's definitely not something that matches what I already have or something I could post on my feed.

I have a spare room in my apartment that I mostly use for storage purposes, and he talked about making a gaming room out of it anyways, so I suggested he'd get all his furniture (or at least as much as the room can fit) in there and he'll have his little gaming den.

Initially he liked the idea, then he thought about it for a while and asked why he can't just put up some of his furniture around the apartment.

I explained to him that my apartment has to look a certain way to appeal to my following and that they're interested in a very specific style and that I will possibly loose income if I drastically change the way my apartment looks. He didn't really get it and told me I'm a bit controlling and kind of an rear end in a top hat.

I'd totally understand if it was just a "normal" apartment where we both just live in. Then, of course, I'd be more than willing to comprimise and make sure its a space we both feel good in and we both had a say in. But as this is part of my work and my income, I'm a bit stubborn when it comes to bringing in pieces that don't match the overall vibe of my apartment and my feed at all.

I talked to some friends and it's pretty evenly split, some say they get me since it's part of my job to have my apartment look a certain way, others say I'm being a dick and should just let him bring his furniture.

So.. AITA?

TL;DR I pretty much make money off of my apartment looking a certain way. My boyfriend wants to move in and bring furniture that doesn't match my apartment at all.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I feel like the big thing will be how they expect to split the rent. If most of the apartment is her workspace he should be getting a pretty hefty discount.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for feeling like my SO doesn’t support me?

"Sorry, I can't get the Filet-o-Fish, that would be cheating on my partner."
maybe her partner is embarrassed about how gross her feet are and would rather have someone she's not in a relationship with deal with them. A little insecure but understandable if OP has talked about how terrible her feet are.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I've never been pregnant but I'd imagine it takes up a lot of your head space because it's your body. Totally different if it was the non-preggo partner but it's not. This friend must be a total hard rear end for her friends not even wanting to do lunch
yeah it turns a condition that affects the way you eat, sleep, look and feel (physically and emotionally) is pretty hard to ignore and that's not even getting into having complications adding a whole nother level of anxiety to things. Really want to know more details about OP "not handling the news about the pregnancy well"

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

wizardofloneliness posted:

So if I'm reading this right, his family expects her to... wrap up the bloody toilet paper in clean toilet paper and then throw it away instead of flushing it? Not just pads/tampons, but the actual toilet paper too? What the gently caress is wrong with these people and I feel very sorry for the sister who had to grow up with these freaks. Why are the parents intently listening for anyone closing the bathroom door at night (don't answer that).
It's even stupider. If you have heavy periods, the act of sitting down on the toilet opens the, er, floodgates and then you have a toilet full of chunky blood. So she'd have to cover the entire surface of the water with toilet paper while not adding so much TP that it clogs when the next person flushes.

She should just call him over next time she has a bad one and ask him how she can cover it up.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Getting up at 5am on a weekend in order to have more time to do self imposed chores, and one of those is making breakfast for people who aren't up so it can be passive aggressively left cold for them because they're not up as early as she thinks they should be. She could easily just not make breakfast for them.
She added on that they would rather have leftovers than cereal but would rather have fresh breakfast than reheated breakfast. So her not cooking for them at all would be a worse scenario for them.

This a little tough for me because if mom and dad wake up at 5 having them wait til 9 for breakfast is way too long and it's nice to have an occasional meal without kids but I do really like nice sit down family meals too. I think a good compromise would be mom and dad do their fancy early breakfast together on Saturdays and then a nice family brunch on Sundays.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Splicer posted:

If I went into a restaurant and saw jellyfish on the menu you better believe I'd be ordering that. It never occurred to me you could eat jellyfish and now I really really want to eat jellyfish.
A zillion years ago when I was getting my biology degree I took a class in invertebrate zoology (didn't cover arthropods, so no shrimp or insects or anything like that) and for one of the last classes of the semester the prof brought in a whole bunch of food made of the animals we had studied, including jellyfish. It was a great class.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my parents about my sisters surgery?

Stellar mind here on Dr Dipshit
Either buddy here doesn't understand what a hysterectomy entails or his sister didn't give him the full story on why she needs one, which is perfectly reasonable on her end. But doctors aren't going to be yanking a perfectly healthy uterus out of a 23 year old for no reason other than "doesn't want kids." There's other sterilization surgery that doesn't include removing organs.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling all my friends they have to move out now that I’m pregnant?
I feel like the "we're having a baby!!" and the "you need to leave" conversations should probably not be held on the same night. Let your friends process things a little bit and then bring it up with each couple that you've been thinking about it and want this next stage of your life to only have you and your husband and the new baby at home. Or something. Anything even a little tactful.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

Double post, but gently caress this guy!

AITA for not liking a low-effort birthday gift my girlfriend got me?

quote:

The problem is the scarf isn't my style and I have no use for gloves (mittens specifically) as winter is ending here soon.
Every other problem with this guy being an entitled jerk aside, he does know it will actually be winter again in less than a year right?

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not wanting my husband to go see Batman when our baby is due?
you would think the obvious situation would be he goes to see the movie and if the wife goes into labour she phones him and he stops seeing the movie and leaves to goes to be with her.

But if they had a basic ability to compromise like that I guess they wouldn't be posting on Reddit.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

Some disputes aren't meant to be compromised. There's no compromise position for "hm what's the bigger priority birth of my first child or batman movie?" There's a solid, unwavering answer to that question for anyone who isn't a manchild.
I would actually agree with that. If she's in labour or already had the baby he should not see the new Batman movie. But if she's not in labour him being at home for a few hours vs at the movie theater or anywhere else for a few hours isn't really going to make a difference if he's nearby and willing to drop everything and go if she calls.

If she doesn't trust him enough to do that then there is a bigger problem.

Eta: ok yeah covid exposure is a big enough issue he shouldn't go to the movies. I guess my big thing is him leaving to do something he wants to do for a few hours should be something they can manage together.

Solenna fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 10, 2022

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

AITA for telling my husband that his culture is garbage and I won't "compromise" by incorporating it into our family life?

Funny how the inconvenient traditions like the husbands work enough to support their families and actually do the car maintenance and home repairs instead of taking them into places or getting repair guys don't apply. And instead it's the wives getting the worst of both worlds.

I hope that lady either got her husband to understand why he was being so lovely or ditched him. Probably the latter.

Eta: she should definitely fix him his plate next time though. Give that ole weaponized incompetence a try, it'd be fun!

Solenna fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 19, 2022

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

AITA? for refusing to sign anything while my eyes are blindfolded?

quote:

Eversince I got out of the hospital for chronic problems, My husband has been introducing me to some games every evening. One game used to be about doing things while my eyes are blindfolded. involving puzzles, ruby's cube, shaped objects et cetra.... We'd take turns to do it just for entertainment.

Just a couple of days ago, he's been trying to get me to sign papers while wearing a blind fold. I refused to do it because he never lets me take a look at what I'm signing neither before or after. He says that he was just trying to see if I could leave the same signature everytime I sign but I couldn't help feel uncomfortable. I told him I don't want to play this game unless and until he shows me the papers first, he said "nevermind then" and stopped bringing it up.

Last night, he tried to convince me to give it a try and even volunteered to go first, I asked if he was going to show me what I was going to sign and he made a face and said no, it's the rules and I should respect them. I refused and he kept on about how I keep acting worried and suspicious for no reason. he said I clearly don't trust him and he was hurt by finding that out now after everything we been through. We had an argument and I told him to drop it and not bring it up again, period. He was mad despite saying it was no big deal, he was obviously upset with me and kept talking about how I don't trust him and that I was out of line to assume or suspect anything from him like this. I might be paranoid but I couldn't help it. I do think I was ta to him after he stood by my side when my own family didn't even visit.

:gonk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for making a joke at a friend’s baby shower?
All questions of jokes and taste in jokes aside, how did this guy not sprint to the presents and take the card away as soon as he realized they were opening the presents there?

My god if I wrote a joke in a card that could be taken badly and it was read in front of people and taken so badly I made someone cry I would collapse into a neutron star of shame.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Mx. posted:

AITA for jogging at 4am?

Oh my god I know the general thread consensus is never call the cops if you can avoid it but I think 999 is the UK emergency number so they probably won't shoot anyone, so OP should totally just phone them next time the neighbour starts freaking out at her. Call that bluff.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Pookah posted:

It's such a weird, universal thing for people to tell pregnant women all the horror birth stories unprompted. Even normally empathetic and thoughtful people seem to completely lose those characteristics if there's an opportunity to frighten someone.
What the gently caress does it even achieve? It's not like you can do anything in advance to avoid complications ffs.
It is baffling. Like are they expecting to hear "Well poo poo I never thought about all those horrible complications I guess I'll go throw myself down the stairs thanks for the warning" or something? Anyone who's pregnant in this day and age can go read up on all the horrible birth stories they want there is no shortage of them online.

In general if someone is locked into something and it's definitely too late to back out maybe keep your mouth shut about all the ways it can potentially go wrong. Tell them the horror stories before they commit.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

The best prank I remember seeing was done at a star wars convention or something and people would get their photos taken with someone cosplaying Darth Vader or whoever and then Mark Hamill or another actor would sneak into the picture so you'd get your picture back and surprise! A cool famous person was in it too!

Ok I got the details wrong but this is very sweet. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dz2UnciOIfI

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for pointing out to my co worker that she was wearing men's sunglasses?

The fact that her reply is anything other than "so what?" baffles me almost as much as anyone giving a single poo poo about it. Like, who loving cares what brand of glasses someone else is wearing? Why would the rest of her co-workers laugh? I don't get it.

I have men's sunglasses, they fit my face better than the ladies version did. The end, nobody cares.

Ugh a horrible snipe. Have a link: https://www.askamanager.org/2022/03/my-boss-is-angry-that-i-couldnt-work-while-i-was-sick-with-covid.html

The (justifiably furious) response featured a banned Reddit word even!

quote:

it’s 100% on your boss for being a terrible person and spoiled manchild.

Solenna fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 23, 2022

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

TengenNewsEditor posted:

"So what?" was her reply, verbatim. She only got up after he doubled-down like a complete rear end in a top hat. His co-workers were laughing "lol you're such a dick" (even if they are on his side)
Apparently I was so offended I stopped being able to read. Glad she had the right idea, cannot get over her co-workers caring about sunglasses genders

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Mx. posted:

AITA for yelling at my parents for waking me up?

death to anyone who fucks with a night shift's sleep
It's really kind of sweet, they just miss talking to her. She should be a good daughter and start calling them for some nice pleasant chit chat on her lunch break. Repeatedly. Until they get the message.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Adaptive cruise will adjust your speed to be whatever the speed of the car is in front of you up to your set maximum speed, it's great. Should probably still look around at what's happening though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

I thought this was gonna be a repost but no, it's different lunch packing drama:

AITA for threatening to no longer pack my husband's lunches?
I was going to suggest she make his lunch the night before then he can just grab it out of the fridge and that would solve everything. But it wouldn't solve the actual problem.