Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How humiliated are the Buffalo Bills?
they are so shook that they spiral into a losing streak and miss the playoffs
they should dismantle the franchise, let the players sign to all different teams; NFL brings in a new franchise, maybe Mexico City
they should commit seppuku to spare their family their honor
their shame can never undone, their children’s children shall bear the sins of their fathers til the end of time
View Results

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
This is my shrine to The Greatest Game Ever Played.

I shall never forget where I was when I saw football transcend this mortal trap. Remember, remember the 6th of December – power runs, struggle, and strife, best day of my loving life.

Magicpants posted:

patriots gonna win this game running on 99% of the snaps just to show those stat nerds how dumb they are

Magicpants posted:

this game is a complete insult to the bills
BB just decided they were weak and get out-physicalled easy peasy, so hes just going to grind it down their throats all game

Magicpants posted:

bills are soft as fleece and maybe this game helps to demonstrate the fundamental value of poo poo like running the ball
play flashy and youll find a team that will hit you in the mouth

Magicpants posted:

the bills are physically incapable of stopping this now

Magicpants posted:

this is the most important game played in years

Magicpants posted:

this is loving incredible to watch
when has anyone in last 70 years of football just striaght up decided, no we can run all over you all game and you cant do poo poo about it, and then proceeded to do exactly that?

Magicpants posted:

tell me belichick isnt the best and most fun coach in sports

Magicpants posted:

bills are softer than a sunday morning sunrise, any strong physical team can beat the everliving poo poo out of them
bill belichick is loving hilarious genius and the only coach capable of pulling this poo poo off

Magicpants posted:

this is honestly the best game i can remember watching

Magicpants posted:

belichick 100% dominated this game start to finish, the bills were in it at no point

Magicpants posted:

the patriots just straight up imposed their will
just punched them in the nose and the bills were too weak to defend themselves

Magicpants posted:

thank you bill belichick for ending advanced stats once and for all
i dont wanna see any of that blasphemy posted about the run not mattering ever again

Magicpants posted:

no you idiot this poo poo was coming from a mile away for obvious football reasons. one reason: belichick.
other reasons: the bills LITERALLY were incapable of running and defending the run, they're soft as a babys bottom

Magicpants posted:

belichick didn't have to call a single pass to win this game, that's how much loving better our team is

Magicpants posted:

We just got to witness the kind of humilation and domination that you usually need to sign off on a waiver to recieve, the most one sided domination probably in the history of professional sports.
This motherfucker just pulled off a gameplan that was 100% runs in a division matchup to win the AFC as a joke.

<----------

tldr – Your New England Patriots ran the ball 46 times intentionally to be funny and won handily. Every single consciousness seeing the game realized by the last 3 quarters the Patriots were running the ball every snap and the Bills could do zilch (zero, nada, and so on) except either stand back and applaud or trip on their own dick trying to cower in fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
gently caress every person in the world that doesn’t adore this game. May they root for the Jets.

Judon having such a hard time keeping a straight face. BB is pro at it by now, the subtle lip bites, the forced frowns, very advanced stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNyf2H-2kNU&t=15s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by9gVSDykMg

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
:siren: THREAD RULES :siren:

Please only post glowing reviews of how fantastic this game was or how good the pats are, or posts about the nature of football strategy and how it all starts with pounding the rock

Please save your abstract surrealist posts about how only throwing the ball count em 1, 2, 3, three (3!) times invalidates the win for every other thread

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Haven't watched the Pats like at all this year. Is their O-Line just turbostacked?

Hello friend! Are you interested to know more about Bill Belichick’s Big Beefy Boys? Our o-line has been consistently one of the very best over Belichick’s tenure (and not coincidentally overlapping with Dante Scarnecchia, who would be in the HOF if there were a HOF for assistant coaches). The line struggled early in the year while adjusting to injuries and while Mac was still figuring out his protections, but it’s clearly a top 5 unit, where it should have been in the preseason. And I mean after tonight, they have to take the crown right?

You got trusty stalwarts in David Andrews and Shaq Mason, Isaiah Wynn also about as good, plus “Steady Teddy” Karras is a better backup than some teams have at starter; all guys who don’t win awards but you are happy to start. Trent Brown and Mike Onwenu are the big boys. Big Maulers. That’s their new nickname I decided. Big Maulers. Better watch out for The Big Maulers, else you get Big Mauled like the lil bitch buffalo bills. And don’t forget about Jakob Johnson, the bruising German fullback who actually managed to win a roster spot via an international players exchange program, I think the only NFL starter for which that is true.

It’s as simple as this: our guys are bigger and stronger than you. While other teams out here practicing all this fancy finesse fluff, our boys are practicing how to run into you really really hard. Bills were competely unprepared to play physically. The Patriots are the most rawdog hardnose physical team in the league, as they have been the entirety of Belichick's tenure.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
this was a POWER run game in every sense of the word

honestly, bills shouldnt feel too bad, apparently the bottom bitch is actually the most important and valuable whore which is why they get beat most viciously

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
pffhaw! patriots arent even a good team how come they throw 3 passes in game lol losers lmfao trash the long national nightmare is over
who cares they won the division and the AFC by completely disgracing our entire team top to bottom

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I mean it's like people want Belichick to do this same loving thing again next time and I for one am all for it

e: only stupid ignorant people think this is just typical homer hubris. i couldnt give a poo poo if the patriots dont win another game, this was the best and most convincing win ever won

Belichick was TOYING with them, like a cat with a dying rat

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 7, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
this is what a man who is in a complete daze, emotionally broken, trying to look smart and put on a brave face in front of the media looks like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_i9hvaYRA
https://buffalonews.com/multimedia/...a71a8de302.html

I had nothing against the bills before this game, I actually kinda half-cheered for them and the dolphins most of the time. but they were just em-BARE-rear end-ed

the bills are so soft, they lost to the wind

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
everybody wants to be the pats but nobody wants to be the pats

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
We all just saw a unicorn on live television.

Bill Belichick trapped it, killed it, skinned it, and is now wearing it around as a hat.

The world’s reaction? “Eh, Buffalo is still the better team.”

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Here’s what happened on Monday, December 6, 2021 at 8:20 p.m. EST. The Patriots owned the league, and everyone was owned so hard they all went nope we didn’t get owned that hard, never happened.

But I remember. I remember. And I will never forget.

e: Everyone in the league scratching their heads and wondering why the Patriots have been so successful for so long. Well, here was a huge loving prime reason with glowing neon lights for you to see if you want to see it. Or you know, cheating.

It's almost a shame that Belichick was the one to do it because no one will give the Pats credit for pulling this off. I almost wish it happened to another team so everyone on this forum could appreciate this game as much as I do.

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 7, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
46 runs, 3 passes

THAT IS
~REEDICKYOULUS~

the most ridiculuous thing to ever intentionally happen in a professional sporting game, I understand the incredulity I hardly believe it myself

absurd

obscene

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 7, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

AndrewP posted:

this is an all-time bender and I respect it

ftfy, :patssay: would imply that I’m talking out my rear end, when in fact I am 93.88% correct about everything I said. TFF just takes it as a personal slight that the Patriots are good. fuuuuuck aaallllll yaaallllll. Patriots against the NFL. Magicpants against the Funhouse. New England against the World.

Me after 20yrs of addiction to Patriots football: Belichick the best coach, clearly that’s not even up for debate. Obviously, right? Honest question, is there a soul on Earth who disagrees?
TFF: :patssay: :jerkbag: yeah right, actually the cardinals are pretty good this year according to a stat that was just invented. better fall in line with this random twitter opinion since it has a graph to go with it
Me after the craziest win I’ve ever seen: wowoooowoowowoooo! heck yes! lets go!
TFF: no you can’t enjoy the things you like the way you want to, you must enjoy it how we want you to, which is to not enjoy it at all and instead self-flagellate

Y’all are the people responsible for the NFL taunting penalties. I can’t believe people got upset by me doing victory laps because no one has the balls to trash talk. Instead, it’s all oh no you guys deserve to win this game, not us, please I want to lose, really. Have some self respect you dead gay forum. Mods please rename forum to the The Football Clownhouse because it’s home to way more clowns then fun. I had no idea the entire Bills staff and roster was registered on TFF. But seriously TFF, I think you legitimately have a real shot of playing football for the Bills because y’all just as soft.

People dismissing this game for being too run heavy while out the other side of their mouth, whispering about firing the best coach the Bills have had in the BB era, 45-31 in his career, after a single 3 pt loss to his toughest opponent. Why?!? Because everyone knows in their heart of hearts this was a beatdown on a cosmic scale, exposing all the worst parts of McDermott, the kind of which is drat near impossible to recover from. Don’t you guys always talk about the value of a great o-line? Well, here you go, this is one of the major advantages that gives you. This is what happens when you control the LOS and your line is just that much better than your opponent’s. You should be celebrating this game!

No, TFF’s ideal game is where everything is decided beforehand by popular vote and managed impartially by robots who understand the game at a level far superior to mere mortals. TFF has no interest in thrills, spills, or even chills.

I say it’s okay for Pats fans to feel differently about their team than Jets fans, and I posit there could potentially be a real loving obvious reason why that kind of self-degrading mentality works well when you’re a Jets fan but doesn’t apply to the Patriots. I mean, how damning is it that this forum actually has to have a :patsay: smilie? :smugpat:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
My brain for the past two days has been stuck in this 5 second loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6mll8rgDSI&t=7s
I have lost hundreds of dollars the last couple days just in mics that I have dropped on the ground. Dude loving love the pats dude, never understand the pats fans who are still upset with Belichick for not winning every game after all this time. It's the loving NE Patriots, of course they're good.

This game was just a ripoff of the plot from What About Bob? And I am happy to be the Bill Murray to TFF’s Richard Dreyfous. It’s ok, we’ll trick you into having fun one day.

Bills got shitcanned. Curbstomped. “roflstomp’d” in the kid’s lingo. They were fundamentally incapable of accomplishing a primary basic aspect of their job, and their competition annihilated them for it.

Let me try to put this in terms that TFF might understand. This is what happens in e-sports when one player forgets to turn their controller on. This is what happens in a mtg game when the deck playing all the best counterspells meets the bargain bin creature deck who sideboarded in a couple cards that make creatures uncounterable. This is what happen in a chess game when the smarmiest protege to read their first chess book tries a fried liver attack against a hustler in Central Park. It would be sort of like if all those ugly chud politicians decided that, out of solidarity with their constituency, they weren’t going to legally register their candidacy or whatever happens in an election, and then dems won every single seat in congress by default. Or like if a cop didn’t collect any evidence and just accused somebody on a hunch, and their attorney pointed that out to the judge (well y’know assuming the judge isn’t on the take :911:). This is like one of them upstart tech companies landing their first multi-million dollar investment but then the IRS forces them to declare bankruptcy for improper filing of taxes. This is like if a new store opened up right across the street to compete with some old mom and pop, but forgot to turn on their open sign. This was a lot like when the Dolphins destroyed the Ravens by zero blitzing on every 3rd down and the Ravens kept calling screens to get tackled for a loss, except the Dolphins could only do that on defense on 3rd down, whereas what the Patriots did was on every single snap offensively and defensively.

Actually, you know what this like? This is like a professional football team not incorporating any run concepts in either their offense or defense and Bill Belichick making GBS threads all over them for being so stupid and frail.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
post history me slut, im the only pats fan on tff

im the type of psychopath that knows how to pronounce our fullback's name

e: if the tone of my posts before were more modest, it was only to spare this forum's feelings. now i witnessed a miracle, a sign of revelations, and i will sing to the heavens

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 8, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Man, Belichick looks so loving dumb on this forum right now. Y’all, tell him what football is really all about…
It’s passes, right? That’s the only legal part of football? And they better all be deep shots too, none of that dink dunk poo poo.
Running the ball is so boring, all these games are so boring, ugghh why am I even watching this?

If you can’t appreciate this, I feel bad you, go find your happy place, look at baseball stats

Nonbelievers don’t get to go to Heaven (--> Super Bowl)

For all my true believers, here is a cut up of highlights from the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Rh6KuuH6w

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
OLD TAKES EXPOSED

Magicpants posted:

Bills picked the wrong time to meet us. If Bills keep playing the way they have, our defense will have people saying that Josh Allen reverted back to 2018. Allen throws 2 picks, Pats win and reclaim their rightful spot atop the AFC.

Magicpants posted:

disregard the omens at your own peril

Magicpants posted:

belichick and brady are star crossed lovers, fated to die in each others arms in the super bowl

Magicpants posted:

the pats are the protagonist of the nfl. the bills are everyones favorite quirky side character until they get the spinoff that ruins the character for everyone

Magicpants posted:

Belichick COTY
Brady MVP
Pats and Bucs respective #1 seeds and champions of AFC/NFC

Magicpants posted:

the jets completely mindfucked josh allen by letting him complete all those passes to diggs, and now allen has relapsed into forcing throws where he has no business

Magicpants posted:

tom brady and bill belichick are just gonna have to keep winning super bowls until people start showing em some respect

Magicpants posted:

bill belichick, offensive genius

lol last month people were complaining about how belichick was never even a good coach to begin with, and how all these defensive HCs should be fired so you can hire another Shanahan or Stefanski to install their scheme

Magicpants posted:

bill belichick and tom brady are the only people in the nfl good at their jobs

Magicpants posted:

people think this guy isn't the funniest man in football

Magicpants posted:

everyone in the league is insanely jealous about mac jones
oh now we get to the juicy stuff…

Magicpants posted:

for a 2-4 team, pats arent all that bad. our biggest issue is mac is a rookie: hes played fine but the coaches dont trust him enough to open up the playbook yet and maybe hes not ready for it. so weve been playing competent hyperconservative football where 3 of our losses were super tight games we were in the whole time, we just dont have the firepower to overcome dumb mistakes and finish the game when we need it. the pats are built to grind out a slow game with a lead, i dont think this team has a successful 2 minute drill in them.
meyers is the new edelman. onwenu is already the best pats draft pick of last 5+ years. but beyond that, the offense is, um. henry and bourne have had a couple big plays. agholor and jonnu havent earned their contracts yet but theres still time. oline has disappointed but in theory theres enough talent and the same line played well adapting through multiple injuries last year. rhamondre might be good if he ever figures out pass pro.
basically i think this is a team trying to fit a 5yr rebuild into 1. were not gonna do much before hitting on a few drafts. we mightve been able to skirt by on the barest offense possible with a defense playing lights out. but the defense is rebuilding as much as the offense. mccourty gilmore hightower kvn collins all headlined that dominant unit 2 yrs ago, and now they all look like theyre playing their last football. i think belichick expected those guys to be the core for one more year, and that mightve changed the season if it worked. truth is the new defensive core is jc jackson, dugger, uche, judon, hopefully barmore. and we still need time to draft the replacements for the old guard if were going to have a defense that can make this whole ground and pound thing work.
I have to admit, I’m embarrassed. I’m such an idiot, I shoulda known that everything was going to correct itself, that in fact you can fit a 5 year rebuild in a single season (which disproves math again) and Mac was going to end up having one of the best rookie seasons next to Herbert. Happy to be wrong.

e: oh, there's more

Magicpants posted:

i prophesy that the fins will suck

and the jets and bills will suck

and the pats will reign supreme over all!

this i have foretold

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 9, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Anyway, anyone wanna talk about that game? Lets talk about that loving game.

This is a really fascinating time for football. Too bad it’s lost on most fans. I wish I had a better in on the dynamics of this because there’s a lot to it, but my vague read on the NFL metagame:

The league is still reeling from the upstart success of Mahomes and Josh Allen (and Russ and other guys too) who revolutionized the game by making the most difficult throws their bread-and-butter throws, to an extent that impossible magic could become a replicable, every game, every drive kind of deal. Eventually, teams began to realize that those guys are regularly making the kind of throws that the standard NFL defense at the time was designed to encourage quarterbacks to make. So the league pissed their pants, abandoned what they were doing, and they have all been frantically trying to get their own Mahomes and build the smallest fastest team in the league the last few years. That, plus the Shanahan outside zone is taking off and teams are getting more athletic at line to run it probably.

And while everyone else is losing their minds, BB just very calmly stood up and conducted the most pristine aria ever sung. I think this game changes the course of modern football history. Teams were already beginning to slow down the deep passing attacks. But Belichick just eviscerated one of the best teams at that playstyle, simply by getting slow dull fatsos to push people around.

The Bills defense has been playing great this year because they basically play 3rd down defense every down. They want their DL to rush the passer at all times and behind them they want they fastest cover guys. That’s what everyone wants. That works great against teams that are playing from behind all game and can’t run worth a drat to begin with, which is why they clobbered a bunch of strawmen to start the year. But BB showed the world what happens when you forget about the run: you get run over. Whatever, in a month people are going to be talking about how Belichick ripped off Vrabel’s gameplan against the Bills so actually what BB did wasn’t even unique and thus never happened.

Now the league is realizing their mistake too late after they start getting pounded into submission by the likes of Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, and Mondre Stevenson. I wonder if we don’t see the league flip back to the other direction now, invest more in big bodies and fullbacks and stuff like that, and we start to see way more power running. Then you have a league that’s being pulled in two directions where you want to play a lot of multiple deep safeties, but you also want to stack the box; you gotta worry about the hottest trends in tech as well as the bulldozer that was built during WW2. Then again, I think the league might try to prevent something like this from ever happening again because Belichick had too much fun, there could also be some drastic rule changes to favor the pass and nerf the run game and make run defense meaningless.

Oh wait, I forgot the pass is more valuable than the run, whoops scratch that, so actually what we see is every team stop running altogether and just throw bubble screens instead.

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 9, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I still cannot wrap my mind around the fact that many people are not impressed by this game.

46 runs

as a joke

e: to take back the division from our closest competition in the AFCE, while simulatenously winning the #1 spot in the AFC

we did it as a joke

at this point in the game, the bills had LITERALLLY THEIR 10 BEST GUYS AGAINST THE RUN on the LOS every snap -- the QB doesn't block during run plays, NE didn't even have a numbers advantage (count that, 9 blockers and 1 RB against the 10 best they got on their whole roster plus 1 more as insurance -- WHERE IS YOUR MATH NOW?)

Belichick threw away every trick he has up his sleeves, did the exact same thing all game, nobody was confused about what was happening. Showed them all the cards he had in his hand. Left a voicemail weeks in advance telling them what he was going to do to them and how to defend themselves. Then just ran you over with BIG BEEFY BIG BEEF BOYS.

Magicpants fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 9, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1468057315186290693
https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1468071209631944707
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1468077492409749505
https://twitter.com/CourtneyFallon_/status/1468076791529189377
https://twitter.com/chatham58/status/1468221231346458641
https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/1468272165527166979
https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1468076457398255619
https://twitter.com/Sierra_Scali/status/1468069601137160194
the happiest Belichick has been his entire life :unsmith:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Elephanthead posted:

Weren’t the Bills extremely close to getting the lead at the 2 minute left mark? Did you watch the game?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Ha, running the ball is totally useless! Artifact of a bygone era. Nobody who’s anybody runs anymore. As if. This is me expressing snobbish disdain for the run game as an entire concept. I’d love to see some idiot try to win a game, especially the most important game of the regular season, only running the ball on every snap. Not a chance, why I’d bet you a

Pssh, yeah ok whatever technically Belichick “won” the game, but he ran the ball too much, so that’s not impressive, nobody’s impressed, very standard typical normal normal very normal, who cares, doesn’t count, wasn’t even a real game actually, that didn’t even happen in this world even because they didn’t pass enough, and the refs made all those bad calls against my teams and not the other team, just like they always do those bad refs, and the wind, THE WIND, let me tell you about THE WIND, the wind made it not real because the wind was really strong and it was so windy it blew the ball right out of the hands of Diggs and Knox a few times, didn’t affect Jonnu Smith though for some reason who’s a much worse receiver, so yeah everybody just forget about this game please, because there was really nothing memorable or noteworthy or unusual about it whatsoever, I basically already forgot what happened, as a matter of fact this kind of game happens all the time because the year is currently 1937 and have you heard this new German guy who’s awfully cute and charismatic and talks real loud, I think he makes some interesting points, so pretty please forget about this game as soon as you can pleeeeeeeeaaaaassssse im begging you im begging you please puhleee-ee-eeaaase

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I’m a little thick in the head, so can yall help spell this out for me so I get it straight?

When Sean McDermott’s gameplan, the same exact plan that catapulted Josh Allen to stardom and the Bills to the top of the league, gets exposed as worthless, it’s actually very normal, even a good thing, and it shows how much smarter McDermott is for coming in totally unprepared and getting victimized.
However, when Belichick breaks every football convention and builds a gameplan that no one outside the Patriots organization could have possibly seen coming, much less won with, it doesn’t count because that day was too windy.
:thunk:

Someone help me fill in the gaps here:
1) Bills passed 30 times, poorly, couldn’t run either, whereas the pats exclusively ran the ball and won
2) ________
3) BB can’t coach, runs are a waste of time and only ever pass, obviously with that wind neither team passed the ball more than 5 times, Bills only lost because they were so stupid to throw the ball 30 times in a hurricane, Bills won anyway because they passed more,

Yeah no I still don’t get it, but I’m not as smart as you guys what with the crystal ball you have in the form of advanced statistics. Like I don’t get why the Bills filled out their roster with a bunch of cheap plastic bags which could get easily blown away on the wind, seems like a less than optimal strategy, particularly for a football team that gets paid millions/billions of dollars to play football. McDermott should have at least tried to put a rock on top to weigh them down. But of course I haven’t seen the numbers so I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Pictured: Bills LB Matt Milano

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
https://twitter.com/iambrianhines/status/1468077493546622977
:thunkher:

huh. so apparently the wind kept blowing when the Patriots were on offense too? a baffling development...

:thunk:

:thunkin:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

sweet thursday posted:

Belichick owned them so bad they're called the Buffalo Bills now

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
a couple more highlight videos of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aID7ZTsjLew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vRsEC65NTA

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
BIG

BEEF

BIG BEEF BOYS

BIG

BEEF

BIG BEEF BOYS

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
We like to joke about exposing fraud teams all the time, but this actually truly was a real exposure of the Bills and their fatal flaws. Minds = shattered. We beat up on the Titans too but they made it respectable by breaking some runs, plus they employ pro athletes to play defense for them instead of a stack of loose leaf paper.

This play was a run (naturally) that went for 11 yards.

You have never seen a team do this before. If this was a goalline defense, it'd be considered overselling against the run. Nobody has ever gotten beat so badly that they had to resort to putting 10 guys in the box every down. If anybody ever tried to put 10 guys in the box, everybody would throw touchdowns on them instantly. Instead, the Patriots elected to just keep running it into the strength of the defense and that defense still lost. The Bills had 1 job to do and they couldn’t do it.

On this drive, we tried a QB sneak on 3 and 5, and took it 4 yards. Then QB sneaked again to convert. Gotta manufacture touches for Mac somehow.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
not hungover yet, still drunk with power (runs)

ok ok im gonna look like such an idiot when the patriots lose a game this season to a team that isnt the bills and is built very differently from the bills in a way that poses specific problems that the bills dont. yall can own me when the bills rush for 100 yards on the falcons and jets.

:actually: hmm now I’ve had the time to scan through my perfect hairless spreadsheets, rather than waste my time “viewing” the “football game” with the mushy eyeballs that came with this worthless meatsack. I have to admit that I have seen all these same numbers before: just a bunch of 0s and 1s and 2s and 3s and 4s and 5s and 6s and 7s and 8s and 9s. BB didn’t invent a new number unlike :patssay:. In conclusion, Buffalo’s run defense took this game over, Patriots only averaged 4.8 YPC in a game where Buffalo had to defend the run alone – and you better believe that average goes down if you take away all the biggest runs which obviously don’t count for being too embarrassing (the Pats big TD came on a 3rd and 5, which everyone knows you never run in that situation, so they didn’t).

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
This game changed me as a person, I am a better person for having experienced it.

TFF’s heart is too hard and calloused from years of being hurt to let themselves be vulnerable to magic and wonder.

TFF witnessing Mount Vesuvius erupt, raining down molten rock and pyroclastic ash all around them: lol yall acting like you never heard of a volcano before

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I caught a single, fantastic, daemoniac glimpse of what lay back of those other violet westward mountains which the analytics had shunned and feared. The Old Ones could never be destroyed, they rise again for the tribute Great Belichick craved. Pound The Rock, that eldritch mocking cry pulsates through my head.

I hear and do strange things in sleep, and awake with a kind of exaltation instead of terror. I feel queerly drawn toward the the palaeogean magic of the forgotten run game instead of fearing it. Stupendous and unheard-of splendours await me atop the division, and I shall seek them soon. I shall go out to that brooding stadium in Foxboro and through black abysses to Cyclopean and many-columned Y’ha-nthlei, and in that lair of the Old Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever. Pound The Rock! Pound The Rock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
gotta say bills beat us almost as badly as we beat them the first time. which i guess means actually we won this game? bills are a great team, they exposed the worst parts of the pats, pats one of the least explosive offensives in the league and werent gonna keep up without our defense showing up huge. tasteful gesture putting framed portraits on the field in memory of mccourty/hightower/kvn/jamie collins. lots of rebuilding to go. mac was great as a rookie, nailed last couple drafts but every player from the brady era still needs to be replaced. give josh allen all the credit in the world, started as a rookie qb everyone laughed at, transformed himself in 2 years into the best vertical passer next to mahomes, and has finally developed the patience to beat slow grindnose defenses as his final transformation. bills got smart coaches, daboll beat belichick with 6OL. and bills are built to be the chiefs killer so thats next week. however it was too cold so in a very real sense the game never happened.