Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

RBA Starblade posted:

Netflix ATM but I wouldn't expect it to pop up there right away

It also aired on IFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of "Year of the Rabbit"? I don't think Toast was ever on IFC.

No. I watched Toast On Demand. It may not have been IFC, but it was on some cable network, though I thought it was IFC. Maybe Sundance? But whatever it was, it was on cable.

edit: it was IFC

https://deadline.com/2018/09/ifc-picks-up-matt-berry-fronted-cult-british-comedy-toast-of-london-1202463297/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

What is it? Video isn’t available in my country.

The reality show Joe Millionaire

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Sometimes, restraints can work for writing. Life, the Universe and Everything defining 'Belgium' as the most offensive word in the galaxy is more funny than just saying 'gently caress'.

For me, the bleeping in Reno 911 was much funnier than the uncensored scenes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/draconIANdays/status/1481625192329850883?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

They're going to do what ITV did when it ran out of Miss Marple stories to adapt: adapt stories without the character and just shoe-horn them in.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Bill would initially be MAGA, because it would get him new friends, but he would drop out when he realized how awful they were. Dale would go full on MAGA, but it would be revealed that he's not actually registered to vote.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Trailer for Season 2 of Hanging with Doctor Z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVMrGjKL9s

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

What is the thread title quoting?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Shakespeare and Hathaway

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Right now there's a room full of Republicans trying to figure out how to charge the population for air and sunlight.

Ben Elton wrote a play years ago, "Gasping", which was entirely about corporations figuring out how to charge people for air.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Well yeah, but you probably didn't know one who insisted that his family calls them that.

He didn't insist on it as a kid, it's just what his mother called him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Amanda Seyfried is Elizabeth Holmes in the Theranos miniseries. Kind of a Theranos overload since Jennifer Lawrence is doing a movie version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ0TYQxVAlI

I know it's based on a true story and real people and all that ... but someone, somewhere should've said no to that William H. Macy makeup.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'm looking forward to both the movie and the show because the Theranos story is loving batshit insane and people are probably gonna be watching it thinking it's all unbelievable and surely none of this could have possibly happened.

God, there was this Showtime(?) doc the covered all the awful poo poo she did, and then had the NERVE to end with "But maybe she was just a good person who just wanted to help people!"

Wouldn't be surprised if it was made by the same people who made that Hulu doc about WeWork, where they did the same thing about their founder.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

There's some gay panic jokes but they're pretty minor and all of the characters are such assholes that it never feels too mean. No one hates Dangle because he's gay and he gives as much as he takes from the others.

However, there's a whole episode about Muslims that is uhh not great. My biggest complaints are that rape is used as a punchline too much and some school shooting jokes are too close to reality to be funny in 2021. It is kind of surprising how many real blank bullets, explosions, and car stunts they use for what must have been a pretty low budget production.

One thing that had to save money was them doing numerous scenes in the same locations with the same characters and then spreading them out over different episodes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Holy mother Jesus gently caress. I have been watching Rizzoli & Isles lately as my procedural, eating lunch kind of thing

And I don't usually pay a lot of attention to political stuff intersecting with drivel television, I realize how terrible our police are, oh god do I realize

But holy hell, season 2 episode 11 of this show. Bill O'Reilly is a guest star. He's painted as a blowhard But He Is Really A Nice Guy. He shows up and charms the cast.

Same episode a CI is killed under extremely protected circumstances. A detective stands up for his own CI and refuses to give a name while every single other character screams at him. They dig up every inch of his life to find the CI and then bring her in. That's considered the good guy thing to do

There was an episode of 30 Rock where Tucker Carlson shows up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The third season was never released on DVD even though it's been twenty years. Some weird rights thing happened but I have no idea what.

Season 3 was released back in 2014.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L3PA8P8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea this ever came out. Though I can see why. If you look at the release dates, this was seven years after season two.

Oh, I know. I was one of the people waiting on it forever. Though when it came out in 2014, it was only 20 bucks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Huh, just saw a commercial for season 2 of Three Busy Debras and they're doing a thing where it will air on Adult Swim and then be on HBO Max next day.

So glad that it's back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Big McHuge posted:

I've yet to encounter a service that is on the shittiness level of Paramount.

I've been getting caught up with "Forged in Fire" on Hulu, and for some reason, with this show, Hulu will not save where I left off. Doesn't matter what device I've watched it on; if I exit halfway through an ep and go back, I have to fast forward to that point.

Also, for one ep in season 8, they randomly edited out ten minutes and a contestant's elimination.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah the itchy stuff was very odd. Not even Quentin Tarrantino could get off to that.

https://twitter.com/Danzilla93_GNP/status/1506625874489233409?s=20&t=Ibw1sZLtPQ33Z4fmyFdSVw

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'm frustrated by this because Noonans is from Hitman and this means we'll probably never get a Hitman show now.

Tommy was name dropped once in a ep of Justice League Unlimited; it was mentioned that he had been killed by a mobster.

Ugh.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Well, I've got to say Strange New Worlds got me with their Kirk fake out. For those wondering they mention a "Lt Kirk" multiple times in the episode before he shows up and its some dude named Samuel Kirk.

Isn't that James T Kirk's brother?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yep, the same one who gets killed by flying jellyfish (and was played by Shatner in makeup and a mustache) on TOS

I first saw that ep when I was 5 years old, and those jellyfish things grossed me out. The salt vampire was pure nightmare fuel. And the Horta looked like a giant scab. OG Star Trek was gross.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Haven't watched it, but I was reading up on that new Hulu miniseries "Candy", starring Jessica Biel, and it turns out that HBOMax is releasing its own miniseries this year about the same case, but this one starring Elizabeth Olsen.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So I guess they aren't expecting Three Busy Debras to get renewed? Because in the most recent episode everybody dies and Lemoncurd is destroyed by an asteroid.

Should check this out:

https://www.nobudge.com/videos/alyssa-learns-to-drive

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Genndy Tartakovsky is the only one still living who can make good Star Wars shows.

Wonder if James Cameron ever paid him royalties for ripping off the blue people that were in the second season for Avatar.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

re: Quantum Leap finale.

Now granted, I have only seen it once, on its original airing, but my takeaway at the time at the ending "Dr Sam Beckett never returned home" was that Sam decided to spend the rest of his life doing good by helping those in trouble by leaping. Like, the whole point o the show was that the only reason Sam was trying to "fix" things was to get home, but after helping Al, he decided on dedicating his life to helping as many as he could, and that he had found a truer purpose in life. A "Divine" one, if you will.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1537618680384716800?s=20&t=cd9l64orkij7fyY-uZ7GXA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

wizardofloneliness posted:

The deranged nonsensical takes are half the fun of the threads here. I have absolutely no idea how people came to that conclusion, but I’m looking forward to the next season featuring Sally, now consumed by bloodlust, just mowing down every man, woman, and child who gets in her way. The only person who can stop her is Barry, who feels really bad about all the murders and stuff he’s done, but for real this time.

My favorites are when posters start speculating "What if [character] the main character is interacting with is actually just figment of their imagination? :aaaaa:"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Greg Garcia (My Name is Earl, Raising Hope) has a new show coming out, "Sprung", starring Garret Dillahunt and Martha Plimpton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEbBUGPAvCE

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Brisco Country Jr had a season long concept (John Bly and the Orb) that was wrapped up in one season, and the show runners revealed that they were planning something different for season two (Brisco and Bowler as Sheriffs) which never happened due to it being cancelled.

Rhyno posted:

So people were just dirty all the time before then?

Photos weren't in black and white, they were in color, but everyone was covered in dust.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

Been rewatching 30 Rock lately due to being under the weather and couchridden. This show was great, I think the first sitcom I've ever seen with unrelenting rapid-fire humour, it's been imitated a lot since then though.

Kenneth seeing the world as Muppets singing to him is the funniest thing ever, I feel like it comes up more than once?

There was the storyline where Liz gets a talk show, and they're testing out filming in HD and through the lens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoXfQupV5n8

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jim DiGriz posted:

Picking John Noble as a mad scientist in Fringe has to be one of those "it's only downhill from here" move for a casting director. That guy is awesome.

Legends of Tomorrow has it beat: Cast John Noble as the voice of time demon who's manipulating someone, then have the heroes realize "Holy poo poo, this demon sounds just like John Noble!" Then have the heroes time travel back to the filming of Lord of the Rings to trick John Noble into recording some lines that they can later use to trick the person the time demon's manipulating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sMAKnG2sEM

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Timby posted:

Isn't that in the Bean movie?

It's in both

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Another reason why Andor sticks out, it actually has a very prominent lesbian relationship.

I'm actually drawing a blank on who you're talking about.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Same but with John Hughes movies.

Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer are the superior 80s High School movies (though they technically just graduated in One Crazy Summer)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I like that Disney+ gives you the "skip intro" option for The Bad Batch, whose opening credits is just a title card reading "Star Wars The Bad Batch" and lasts four seconds, tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Medullah posted:

One of my favorite endings of all time. What other shows have completely out of left field dark poo poo like that?

The BBC sitcom "One Foot in the Grave"

spoilers:

In the last ep the main character, Victor, is killed in a hit and run, and his widow Margaret later discovers that her new friend was the one responsible. In the end, it's left ambiguous to whether or not Margaret poisons her in retribution