Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Marshawn Lynch episode of Murderville was incredible, he seemed like he was having an amazing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
my favorite thing is that Terry Seattle drives a ute, and its completely unremarked upon afaik

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

False posted:

Also, is there any chance Netflix or Jimmy Carr are going to suffer consequences for his special (TLDR: "the holocaust wasn't all bad - they did kill a lot of Roma")? Just incredibly outrageous. I've like bits of Carr over the years but I hope he catches poo poo every time he shows his face in public for the rest of his life.

It's not even a joke, he just says a hugely racist thing and thinks it's okay because he preempts it with "right, this should be a career-ender, you ready?". And THEN he goes on to be super smug and self-congratulatory about it and claims it's educational because people don't know that nazis didn't just kill jews, but also disabled people, homosexuals and [Roma slur].

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
That was his justification? He could've made that point in a much better fashion.

unrelatedly, in Kumail's episode of murderville the dead body was trying to not to smile when Kumail was pulling the card from his mouth

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jimmy Carr has always come across like an elitist poo poo (if still a good panel show host), but it still really speaks to the inherent classism in British society that not only did he think that joke was okay to make to anyone, let alone to put in his loving Netflix special, but that it was over a month after the special’s release before anyone actually noticed.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hate remember he exists because I then hear that noise he makes that he thinks passes for laughter, which tells me all I need to know about this sociopath emulating human behaviour. Not sure why you're calling him a good panel host either, he's the scarecrow that keeps people away from watching panel shows.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Their ingrained narcissism is why Kristen mocks their curse, and thus brings down the wrath of the hive on the monetary, and the place is already corrupted by hosting the other corrupt Exorcist. Pretty sure God is done with that place.

But honestly the entire show has taken off on roller-skates at this point, have fun trying to apply logic to the next few episodes.

It was just bugs dude! None of this supernatural stuff is real :colbert:

Finished the finale just now though and yeah rollerskates is a good way to put it. Loved how the husband always gets sent away after an episode or two of drama. What the gently caress was up with the whole season's "next episode" thing with George? Goes full blown crypt-keeper at the end of episodes and it was just really bizarre. How does Leland get away with so much, when the new catholic boss replaced the first actor I thought it was because the new guy was Evil working for the demons, but over the show it seems like they just changed actors and he's just a kind of naive catholic boss man, but he falls so easily for all of Lelands poo poo makes me think he's one of the evil scribbles club. It'd be one thing if he was a really smooth manipulator with clever lies and charming personality but I have to just assume it's magic.

How does nobody ever recognize a goetic demon seal, not expecting anyone to recognize the specific demon especially the fictional versions, but come on, you see a circle in a circle with them kinds of lines and doohickeys they use, you know it's a demonic symbol. Then again nobody noticed their daughter/sister has a friggin tail.

I also don't get their house, look like a normal giant suburban tv show house, except she has her little annex thing she almost never keeps locked. This show in general has lots of running out of doors leaving them wide open, drives me nuts. Anyway, the house is fine but where are they? Like one side of their house looks like it might be a normal street but then other sides and the back seem to lead directly into a downtown city alley and street, plus her garden/sidelawn thing. Just need to see a blueprint.

Would also like to know why the grandma such a turd. Then there's a few episode plots they don't really resolve or they get distracted and move on.

Weird x-files overall but I guess that's fine.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We Need To Talk About Cosby is a really excellent series. Especially for someone like me who as a non-American really didn’t know all that much about Cosby’s cultural influence

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The Marshawn Lynch episode of Murderville was incredible, he seemed like he was having an amazing time.

I was disappointed they didn’t call him Bagabitch throughout the episode.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Escobarbarian posted:

We Need To Talk About Cosby is a really excellent series. Especially for someone like me who as a non-American really didn’t know all that much about Cosby’s cultural influence
It's amazing how much Cosby was used as "one of the sane ones" when he was talking about pulling your pants up.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FilthyImp posted:

It's amazing how much Cosby was used as "one of the sane ones" when he was talking about pulling your pants up.

It's incredibly maddening and racist the way Cosby was weaponized against other black people, yes, and Cosby himself basically inviting it made me dislike him even before I knew he was a serial rapist.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Escobarbarian posted:

Book of Boba should have been total poo poo this week but was actually kind of excellent because Filoni is ridiculously good at this poo poo

So having seen Episode 5 now, all I can say I guess is god drat, someone sure has built a car or two.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

A lot of women probably did need to pull their pants up after their experiences with him.

The structure of the doc is really good in that it doesn’t let you focus on his accomplishments too much before telling another victim’s story or finding something really sus given what we now know

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Reacher fuckin rules.

I've never been into wrestling but I imagine watching this massive dude do the ridiculous cartoony poo poo he does is great in a similar way -not just the fighting but all the masculine theatrics

edit: only on s2 of Search Party myself but

quote:

I absolutely love Chantal

I hope you mean love to hate? She is truly one of the worst people I've ever seen portrayed. i hate her every second she's on screen. it's a pretty great character tbh

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 5, 2022

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

In Kumail's episode of murderville the dead body was trying to not to smile when Kumail was pulling the card from his mouth

This is pretty common. The guy on the gurney in Sharon Stones episode cracks up while they tweak his nipples and the soup guy is smiling when Annie Murphy has to take the selfie.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Watching Reacher , Amazon's new series. Its pretty good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ruddiger posted:

I was disappointed they didn’t call him Bagabitch throughout the episode.

If he had gotten the killer right then I like to think he would have gotten to shout,"I bagged a bitch!" :shobon:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Do we have an Archive 81 thread? It's pretty good! I hate that they pulled this flashback in the penultimate episode instead of advancing the plot in the present day but they wrapped it up pretty well and it's this kind of spooky paranormal poo poo that I like.

I'm down to the last season of The Good Place. I have to say season 1 was by far the my favorite probably on the strength of the setup and reveal, but it's still fun and enjoyable.

False posted:

About finished with Reacher and - the only good thing about Reacher is Reacher (otherwise, its extremely generic and bad). As others were saying, they should have leaned harder into being totally ridiculous. Also, I've never had more trouble telling whats happening in dark scenes in a TV show.

Also, is there any chance Netflix or Jimmy Carr are going to suffer consequences for his special (TLDR: "the holocaust wasn't all bad - they did kill a lot of Roma")? Just incredibly outrageous. I've like bits of Carr over the years but I hope he catches poo poo every time he shows his face in public for the rest of his life.
Is this the same Reacher from the Tom Cruise movies? The show description does sound incredibly generic but seems to have great reviews (yours notwithstanding) so I might give it a shot now that i finished Archive.

Just wait till you hear what Bill Hicks had to say about Hitler lol.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

Is this the same Reacher from the Tom Cruise movies? The show description does sound incredibly generic but seems to have great reviews (yours notwithstanding) so I might give it a shot now that i finished Archive.

It is

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
CONAN: "Yeah, is it a car or a party favor?"

let me get that sloppy for ya

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

my favorite thing is that Terry Seattle drives a ute, and its completely unremarked upon afaik

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

It's not even a joke, he just says a hugely racist thing and thinks it's okay because he preempts it with "right, this should be a career-ender, you ready?". And THEN he goes on to be super smug and self-congratulatory about it and claims it's educational because people don't know that nazis didn't just kill jews, but also disabled people, homosexuals and [Roma slur].

Oh no, Ricky Gervais is gonna be pissed someone stole his bit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the first episode back of Raised by Wolves and it's kind of awkward how the kid who plays Campion hit puberty between seasons but the kid who plays Paul didn't. Since those two characters do a lot of interacting.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Looten Plunder posted:

This is pretty common. The guy on the gurney in Sharon Stones episode cracks up while they tweak his nipples and the soup guy is smiling when Annie Murphy has to take the selfie.

Sharon Stone should have a cop show

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Watching the first episode back of Raised by Wolves and it's kind of awkward how the kid who plays Campion hit puberty between seasons but the kid who plays Paul didn't. Since those two characters do a lot of interacting.

The Walt Gambit claims another

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God, season 2 of Succession, Kendall doing a rap about his dad at the celebration in Scotland :vince:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Walrus posted:

edit: only on s2 of Search Party myself but

I hope you mean love to hate? She is truly one of the worst people I've ever seen portrayed. i hate her every second she's on screen. it's a pretty great character tbh

I highly recommend the film Fort Tilden if you like Chantal. Same writers, and same actor playing a similar character. Also one of the most geographically accurate NYC shows if people saying things like “I’m in Central Park, I can be at the World Trade Center in 10 minutes” really bugs you

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Not really knowing much about Station Eleven beyond hype around here, I put on the first two episodes tonight. As someone who has dealt with lots of grief and depression while locked down in Chicago for the last 2 years, I wasn’t really prepared for that first episode. Almost bailed but glad I stuck with it. Excited to see where it goes

Also just plowed through all of Search Party. That was a wild ride, but the part that stood floored me the most was Joe Pera. After Jo Firestone and Connor O’Malley appeared earlier in the series, I still was not prepared for my beautiful boy showing up out of nowhere.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

gently caress it, double posting

https://twitter.com/tahitismith/status/1489828515553837056

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Well that's a hell of a thing.

On another note, what's a good, light, Korean show about people persisting outside the law, something like the British Hustle.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God, season 2 of Succession, Kendall doing a rap about his dad at the celebration in Scotland :vince:

Greatest television moment in the past 5 years, hands down.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Reacher gives me banshee vibes and that's a good thing

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

muscles like this! posted:

I really don’t know how I feel about 1) the massive number of extras/characters in every scene compared to the first season and 2) how un-futuristic most of the Atheist camp looks. IMO the former kinda spoils the tone of isolation and desperation the first season had and the latter makes the whole thing feel like a bigger budget mid-00s SyFy show instead of the weird abstract production design it had before.

Obviously neither of those nitpicks has any real impact on the quality of the show, but they do make it feel less weird and unique, which is half the reason I was even interested in the show when it premiered.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I am just glad they made more and that it's still loving weird. Surely not that many people are actually watching it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Reacher is fun. I could watch Alan Ritchson headbutt people all day.
He absolutely looks more menacing than Tom Cruise.

Edit. Huh, apparently I'm still taller than him. Wouldn't have guessed that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Feb 6, 2022

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Arbite posted:

Well that's a hell of a thing.

On another note, what's a good, light, Korean show about people persisting outside the law, something like the British Hustle.

If you can give another example besides the British Hustle, I might be able to suggest something.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The Walrus posted:

Don't you dare talk about Chantal like that, she's found her way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I went through most of Reacher now.
And correct me if you think otherwise, but it's really weird that he goes by his last name and already did that as a little boy. Especially since his brother and his mom, who share that last name call him that too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I knew a couple kids like that, even by elementary school. Was super weird to have to call them by their first names when their family was around.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

I knew a couple kids like that, even by elementary school. Was super weird to have to call them by their first names when their family was around.

Well yeah, but you probably didn't know one who insisted that his family calls them that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

cant cook creole bream posted:

Well yeah, but you probably didn't know one who insisted that his family calls them that.

He didn't insist on it as a kid, it's just what his mother called him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Finished The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window...fantastic. So many subtle jokes, and one of the best sex and fight scenes I've seen in a while. THOSE WERE MY BABY TEETH, BITCH