Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hello everybody and welcome to

Cluedo Mafia!

This is an item-based, role-madness-adjacent mafia game for 15 players, as always comodded by the amazing Shellception as well as the equally amazing saladscooper.
Guarantee: This game contains no elements that are generally associated with mod bastardry, such as death millers, cop sanity, incomplete role info, blueberry yogurt or other stuff like that.
Additionally, this game is not flavor-solvable at all, as the scum team has been randomly rolled among the available roles.

Same as in the boardgame, Mr Black, well-known rich guy, has invited 15 people to his home under the guise of a dinner party, but in reality in order to blackmail, threaten, extort, whatever them. And as usual, he got killed and your task is to find out who done it. There is only one problem: The murder was clearly committed by more than one person, and whoever it is, they're working together and they are not planning to leave any witnesses.

The usual Mafia rules apply:

Rule 0, the important one that overrules all other rules:First and foremost, we are here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Please make sure that at all times you put your own sanity and mental well-being first. If at any point you feel like you're having a bad time, like someone's taking things too far or just need someone to talk to, please contact your mods or one of our many community volunteers. The following users have been suggested as points of contact if you do not feel you can reach out to me: The Traditional Games forum moderators, Leperflesh and Antivehicular; and Mafia regulars VoodooFly, Hal Insandenza, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Wologar, Maerlyn, Cloacamazing!, EccoRaven, CCKeane, Opopanax, Sandwolf and Shellception.

1) Don't be a dick.
2) No unsanctioned out of thread communication about the game.
3) No copy-pasting any out of thread info into the thread, especially not your role PM. Paraphrasing is generally fine, when in doubt ask your mods.
4) Do not post after the hammer.
5) Do not fake day actions.
6) Do no post when dead.
7) Don't edit your posts.
8) Lurker rules: Please make at least 10 posts with reasonable amounts of content per day (i.e. don't just post numbers, say something). This minimum is reduced to 5 posts if the day ends more than 12 hours before deadline and removed entirely if the day ends more than 24 hours before deadline. Failure to reach the minimum postcount will get you a warning first, second time will get you modkilled. If you have problems reaching that number due to real life issues, let us know preferably in advance. We'll work something out.
9) Seriously, don't be a dick.

You will nee Discord to play this game. Please join https://discord.gg/8MFy4HxSez

Finally:
This game contains some additional rules for the Cluedo flavor, which will be elaborated in the second post, since I know nobody reads the OP. Please make sure to read that post!

1. AnonymousNarcotics (they/them)
  2. CapitalistPig (He/Him)
  3. CubicalSucrose
  4. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  5. Ignatius M. Meen (he/him/whatever)
  6. Illusionis
  7. Johnny Keats
  8. Maerlyn (she/her)
  9. Maugrim (He/him)
  10. Opopanax (He/him/opop)
  11. Punkreas
  12. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  13. shwiffles (he/him)
  14. SporkChan
  15. wins32767

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Cluedo Rules:

Weapons
There are six weapons in the game:
Candlestick
Dagger
Lead Pipe
Revolver
Rope
Wrench

Each weapon has a general effect when used as a night action. In addition, players may be proficient with up to two weapons, granting them additional or different abilities with those weapons. These six items will form the majority of the night actions. So how do you get your hands on them?

During the day, every player can choose to ##grab [weapon] as a private action in their confessional. If more than one player tries to grab the same weapon, the weapon will be randomly assigned to one of them. If no player applies for a weapon, this weapon will go unused.

Rules:
1) You may only attempt to grab one weapon per day, but may change your mind during the day phase.
2) In case of early hammers, there will be a short twilight period where you can still get your submission in.
3) If you have successfully grabbed a weapon, you may not apply for the same weapon on the next day. If you applied for a weapon and didn't get it, you are welcome to try again the next day.

Rooms
There are six rooms in the game:
Kitchen
Ballroom
Conservatory
Dining Room
Billiard Room
Library

During the day, as a private action in the confessional, every player has to **##enter [Room]** in order to select which room the will spend the nightphase in.

During the nightphase, every player in the same room is added to a masonry where they can talk freely. The masonry remains visible during the day, but the players will be unable to post in it. During the next nightphase, the masonries will be reassigned and the players will lose access to their previous masonry.

Rules:
1) Selecting a room is mandatory. If you fail to select a room during the day, you will be randomly assigned to a room at night. You may only choose one room to be in, but can change your mind during the day. In case of early hammers, there is a short twilight period where you can still get your submission in.
2) You can't enter the same room twice in a row.

Accusations
If a player has been nightkilled, before they are moved to obschat, they can submit an accusation in their confessional, predicting who they were killed by, with what (if any) weapon, and in which room. Example: "I was killed by Clo with the Recorder in the Entrance Hall." (The room is included only because that's how it works in Cluedo. It's the room you were in during the night.)
If the accusation is correct, the player will receive a private win, no matter the game's outcome.

Suspicions
After a player has been nightkilled, every living player or unspoiled spectator has the option to submit their own suspicion in their confessional/unspoiled obschat in the same form as the accusation. You may only do this once per day and only for the player who died the previous nightphase. You will not be told if your suspicion was correct, but will receive 1 point if you get the player OR weapon correct and 3 points if you get both. At the end of the game, the player/spectator with the most points will receive an honorable mention in the final post and bragging rights.
(For reasons that should be obvious, scum players will not be allowed to participate in this raffle.)

Cloacamazing! fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 19, 2023

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'll be the thimble.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yes I have “read” the op I am here to play

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I would like to play this

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Isn't it just called Clue? Maybe I'm the one that's wrong. Hmm.

I will ##grab rope every day no matter my proficiency, alignment, or any room nonsense, because it's the weapon with the fewest letters and so hardest to misspell. Also I don't want to have to rng the revolver that all 14 other players are going to attempt to grab.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was Professor Opop in the Billard Room with ur mom

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yes I want to play in a clo game

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Break over, I'm in for a cloaca game!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Wait let me get this straight, a player who gets killed has to guess killer, weapon, and room but someone who isn't or is unspoiled only has to guess killer and weapon? Rigged!

Put me on the unspoiled obs train for now.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
You have to guess the room too, but you get no points for it.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I think I want to play this one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is it "Clue-doo" or "Clue-dough" that is what I always wonder

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

+1

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Hal Insandenza posted:

Is it "Clue-doo" or "Clue-dough" that is what I always wonder

Cloo-e-dough!

(Actually I don't know)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I’ll play this one

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Flames on the side of my face, I'm in

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'll upgrade to player so that one of these open games can start.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Okay I'll hang out in the dining room all game

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
And with that we're full, hooray!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Mr Black was a rather infamous figure, all in all. A richer or more influential man was hard to find, but the rumours of how he had aquired such wealth and power were numerous, and none of them were positive. In fact, it was a little known secret that Mr Black had blackmailed quite a huge number of people, enough to make it so he didn't even need to hide what he was doing very well.

One could say that inviting 15 people, each of whom had good cause to hate him, for a celebratory dinner was him tempting fate. And fate struck. The morning after the dinner party, Mr Black was found dead in his mansion and fifteen people breathed easier.

That is, they would have breathed easier, if the state of the corpse didn't make it obvious that this had been the work of several persons in this very house.

The bad weather and isolated placement of Mr Black's manor meant that none of them could leave. And the police would not arrive for a while. Giving the killers all the time in the world to make certain there were no witnesses left. After all, they had already made the mistake of leaving evidence to be used against them later once in their lives.

Mr Black, SELF-aligned, was killed with the Dagger, Candlestick, Lead Pipe, Revolver, Rope and Wrench in the Hall.

quote:

Looks like someone really wanted to make sure...

It is now Day 1. You have a bit over 48 hours to vote. Please also remember to submit your picks for which weapon to grab and which room to spend the night in in your confessionals.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, CubicalSucrose, Hal Insandenza, Ignatius M. Meen, Illusionis, Johnny Keats, Maerlyn, Maugrim, Opopanax, Punkreas, Sandwolf, shwiffles, SporkChan, wins32767

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 31st, 2023 at 10 p.m. CEST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
First

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm taking the revolver

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Then

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I'm going to the Ballroom

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Come meet me if you think you can ball

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Illusionis posted:

Come meet me if you think you can ball

we ball

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Hell yeah

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh no! Poor Mr. Black. He was a jerk but he didn't deserve this!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I thought first kill in Clue was either “The Butler” or “Mr. Body”? Did the Clue movie mess me up on this?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Illusionis posted:

Okay I'll hang out in the dining room all game

Illusionis posted:

I'm going to the Ballroom

Caught scum.

b]##vote Illu[/b]

---

But actually town should be strongly coordinating this game. I'm grabbing rope and going to the conservatory (but can be convinced to do otherwise).

We should put 2-3 people in each room pre-planned, and have 2-3 people attempt to grab each weapon, again pre-planned. All announced in thread before the end of the day.

Since masonries will stay forever, we should have each person say within their masonry-room whether or not they got a weapon, who else was in the room, and what the weapon does.

Then the next day, we all report out. Explain what each weapon does. Any inconsistencies should be able to be found out easily by checking the masonry room against conflicting claims.

I'm not sure this fully solves it for town, but should be a very good start. Please suggest improvements on such a method.

D1 I'm only going to only vote folks who are opposed to some sort of strong coordination/solving attempt.

I assume scum have some power(s) to hamper this type of effort (room-redirector is one guess), but even with some interference I think this should significantly improve town's chance of winning.

(The board game literally gives players spreadsheets to help solve. I'm in my element and expect to die N1.)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cube is town

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I've concluded that anybody with a weapon specialty is scum. So anybody who knows what the hell they are grabbing already is scum. Case closed.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

Caught scum.

b]##vote Illu[/b]

---

But actually town should be strongly coordinating this game. I'm grabbing rope and going to the conservatory (but can be convinced to do otherwise).

We should put 2-3 people in each room pre-planned, and have 2-3 people attempt to grab each weapon, again pre-planned. All announced in thread before the end of the day.

Since masonries will stay forever, we should have each person say within their masonry-room whether or not they got a weapon, who else was in the room, and what the weapon does.

Then the next day, we all report out. Explain what each weapon does. Any inconsistencies should be able to be found out easily by checking the masonry room against conflicting claims.

I'm not sure this fully solves it for town, but should be a very good start. Please suggest improvements on such a method.

D1 I'm only going to only vote folks who are opposed to some sort of strong coordination/solving attempt.

I assume scum have some power(s) to hamper this type of effort (room-redirector is one guess), but even with some interference I think this should significantly improve town's chance of winning.

(The board game literally gives players spreadsheets to help solve. I'm in my element and expect to die N1.)

What's your reasoning for spreading people out so much?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Cube, go to the library.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Nobody else go to the library except me and cube, thanks.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
If we coordinate and I agree we probably should, it should be to 3 rooms at max, preferably even 2 or 1. That way we can't get locked out or separated by not being able to enter the same room twice in a row so easily and we will have a much better picture of who lied or got messed with or anything like that already during the night.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Illusionis posted:

What's your reasoning for spreading people out so much?

My thought is:
If only two people A and B go to room X and person A dies, the killer was (probably/maybe) person B.

It's unclear exactly how the NK mech works here, so not sure if that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

Cube, go to the library.

Sure.