Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

My thought is:
If only two people A and B go to room X and person A dies, the killer was (probably/maybe) person B.

It's unclear exactly how the NK mech works here, so not sure if that works.

I just want to full-claim to you in a private masonry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

CubicalSucrose posted:

My thought is:
If only two people A and B go to room X and person A dies, the killer was (probably/maybe) person B.

It's unclear exactly how the NK mech works here, so not sure if that works.

If we're confined to actions within our rooms there's no way scum don't have a way to get past that

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

I just want to full-claim to you in a private masonry.

Anyone advocating for small isolated groups is extremely suspect ##vote Johnny Keats

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

If scum is worried about two townies trusting each other right off the bat and solving the game in a masonry, you'll intrude upon me and Cube in the library (and we'll know you are scum)

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

If scum is worried about two townies trusting each other right off the bat and solving the game in a masonry, you'll intrude upon me and Cube in the library (and we'll know you are scum)

We should turbo Scummy Keats and all gather in the Ballroom and Ball the scum into a corner

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Illusionis posted:

Anyone advocating for small isolated groups is extremely suspect ##vote Johnny Keats

May I ask why you want to grab the revolver?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

May I ask why you want to grab the revolver?

It is the most likely item to be a vig, I want that in the hands of town

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I think I will (checks OP whether this is legal) grab no weapon tonight. I don't see why anybody would want one unless they want to murder.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Uhhh having a vig as town rules Keats hth

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

I think I will (checks OP whether this is legal) grab no weapon tonight. I don't see why anybody would want one unless they want to murder.

See this, as the saying goes no townie ever holsters a vig, this nonsense is screaming scum. Claiming to not want access to what is essentially this games power roles is not something a townie would ever do.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

Uhhh having a vig as town rules Keats hth

But why assume the revolver is a vig? All the weapons are supposed to be deadly.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Sandwolf posted:

I thought first kill in Clue was either “The Butler” or “Mr. Body”? Did the Clue movie mess me up on this?

Cluedo is the non-American version with slight differences, according to Wikipedia when I looked up whether it had always been Cluedo or if I was misremembering.

Apparently there have been a bunch of different editions with various rooms and weapons and players. For example, Miss (not Princess) Peach.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

And I repeat my conclusion that roles that have a speciality for weapons (probably in particular the revolver) probably belong to scum. So that's sus of Illu.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
https://media.tenor.com/3C1tvr4v6psAAAAC/clue-what-do-you-mean.gif

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Johnny Keats posted:

But why assume the revolver is a vig? All the weapons are supposed to be deadly.

If the revolver isn't a vig then all three mods have played a cruel joke on us, the players.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Going for the Candlestick! Not sure what room yet, though.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Illusionis posted:

See this, as the saying goes no townie ever holsters a vig, this nonsense is screaming scum. Claiming to not want access to what is essentially this games power roles is not something a townie would ever do.

I get what you're saying, but my role doesn't get a lot of advantage from grabbing weapons. Sure I'm doing setup spec right away because that's generally the first thing I do upon seeing my own role (the only role information I got this time before the game opened). My Town role doesn't have any specialty for weapons, but it has a couple of situational abilities I can use without grabbing any weapons. So... there. I'm working off what I have.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

I get what you're saying, but my role doesn't get a lot of advantage from grabbing weapons. Sure I'm doing setup spec right away because that's generally the first thing I do upon seeing my own role (the only role information I got this time before the game opened). My Town role doesn't have any specialty for weapons, but it has a couple of situational abilities I can use without grabbing any weapons. So... there. I'm working off what I have.

Backpedaling scum defensive scum, just think about this for even a minute. Every single townie should always want to grab a weapon, every attempt at grabbing a weapon by town is less chance for scum to get one. This is clear as day Keats got caught by carelessly trying to get town to misplay early.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Thank god I'm town this game.

Johnny Keats posted:

I've concluded that anybody with a weapon specialty is scum. So anybody who knows what the hell they are grabbing already is scum. Case closed.

:wrong: I can message people with the dagger. I don't know how that works either but it does.

I also have something on the order of a flare available for anyone joining me in the Conservatory. We can match people to actions all game and box in the scum nicely.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Illusionis posted:

Backpedaling scum defensive scum, just think about this for even a minute. Every single townie should always want to grab a weapon, every attempt at grabbing a weapon by town is less chance for scum to get one. This is clear as day Keats got caught by carelessly trying to get town to misplay early.

That's a bit of a strong conclusion to make.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

You know, if fewer people go for weapons, we'll have a much better idea of exactly where the weapons have gone? There is way more than 1 way to look at the strategy of this game.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

That's a bit of a strong conclusion to make.

It is the only conclusion to draw from somebody advocating for spreading out players and not grabbing weapons, that is 101 scum trying to create confusion and plausible deniability for the future

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Illusionis posted:

If we're confined to actions within our rooms there's no way scum don't have a way to get past that

According to something in my role PM, I don't think this is the case. (ie anyone CAN target anyone regardless of room). But I don't really want to reveal more than that for now.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Illusionis posted:

It is the only conclusion to draw from somebody advocating for spreading out players and not grabbing weapons, that is 101 scum trying to create confusion and plausible deniability for the future

I mean... I guess like 1 other person can join me and Cube in the library, but it would be really sick if it was only the two of us.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Anyway Illu, at risk of being accused of backpedaling again, I admit I was exaggerating when I suggested that anybody who wants to grab a weapon is scummy. I have personal reasons for not wanting to, and may have wanted to put the scare on scum wanting to grab for weapons.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I've got a thing that notes between-room actions, too, so rooms aren't isolated. Flavor-wise I assume this means sneaking around at night for hijinks and further murder.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

BTW I'm a cop.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
So Mr. Green, maybe Colonel Mustard.

If you're neither I'll be very suspect.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

And I don't think any scums have posted yet.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Illusionis posted:

Come meet me if you think you can ball

Let's tango

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

Johnny Keats posted:

BTW I'm a cop.

Lol this is panicking scum, claiming cop under the slightest pressure case closed

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, wait, wrong movie.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hello I am going for the rope.

I have mystical rope powers that enhance my ropiness.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

So, the original Clue had 9 rooms, which has been pared down to 6 for this game. In the original, there were two secret passages between rooms, but one of the rooms that has a passage on the Cluedo board isn't in the game. It's possible there is another room with a secret passage connecting to the Kitchen. Regardless, if this mansion is the same as the classic Clue board, we can expect there to be a secret passage connecting the Lounge and the Conservatory.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Wait there's no lounge either, I misread the OP lol. Perhaps the passage connects between the Kitchen and the Conservatory then. Shrug.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Illusionis posted:

Lol this is panicking scum, claiming cop under the slightest pressure case closed

The fact that you took the claim at face value doesn't give you town points. But I do still think you are town right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm gonna stay in the kitchen because that's where the food is. If the scum would like to kill me that's where I will be. At least I will die with croissant in hand.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Cloacamazing! posted:

b]Accusations[/b]
If a player has been nightkilled, before they are moved to obschat, they can submit an accusation in their confessional, predicting who they were killed by, with what (if any) weapon, and in which room. Example: "I was killed by Clo with the Recorder in the Entrance Hall." (The room is included only because that's how it works in Cluedo. It's the room you were in during the night.)
If the accusation is correct, the player will receive a private win, no matter the game's outcome.

This is a pretty clear indication to me that weapons are not necessary for scum to pick up themselves in order to perform kills just FYI Keats; my guess is that scum will want the weapons for bonuses like ninja/jugg/etc. on their NK but won't be left shrugging their shoulders if they don't end up with any.

CapitalistPig posted:

Hello I am going for the rope.

I have mystical rope powers that enhance my ropiness.

Rope club member! You can have it tonight, I'm hoping people join me for a Conservatory party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Rope club member! You can have it tonight, I'm hoping people join me for a Conservatory party.

Mighty kindly of you. I see no reason not to share the rope. Especially since we can't grab the same thing twice in a row.