Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Any Jozy fans in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

The Natural posted:

No one cares about friendlies except Jozy fans

But I'm not a Jozy or friendlies fan so that doesn't make sense

Have we all become so enraged with Jozy hatred that we can't appreciate a pretty goal? What has this forum come to

Edit: This is talking about the Michael Bradley goal I posted not anything Jozy has done. Jozy has never scored a pretty goal.

80085 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 6, 2013

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

A striker scores one goal against a defence that isn't made of paper in most of his career and he's suddenly not bad?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Ninpo posted:

Yeah this. Remember when they lost in the confeds to the USA? Spain sure do give some cares about the Confederations Cup!

They did actually. They all acted like a bunch of whiney babies after the match except for Torres.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
The main thing I remembered about Jozy's goal vs Spain was how he shot it directly loving at the keeper

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's where they least expect it...

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Katlego "Twice the Jozy" Mphela didn't even manage to perform at a decent level in France but is a relevant striker in the South African league.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

jyrka posted:

Any Jozy fans in here?

I'm a big fan. He's bringing a lot of entertainment to the game.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Crunkjuice posted:

Is spain a decent team?

Has jozy played against Spain in a competitive match?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Crunkjuice posted:

Oh get off it. It was the confed cup semis against casillas, pique, puyol, david villa, xavi, torres, fabregas, capdevila, xabi alonso, ramos, reira. Cazorla and Mata were subs. Not exactly a poo poo squad there.

lol

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
You silly Americans and your international friendlies.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
the Emirates Cup is also a competition that matters

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I somehow remembered Jozy scoring against England in the 2010 WC in South Africa but I looked up but it was Clit Dempsey, the biggest classmaster of them all.
Sorry England for doubting you.

But he scored against the failure fucks of Germany which are big tie bottlers and drug abusers so I guess it served them right.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Adulterous Hitler posted:

But he scored against the failure fucks of Germany which are big tie bottlers and drug abusers so I guess it served them right.

That was a friendly please hurry and revoke your comment

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lets not talk about the past because Jozy is actually playing real bad currently in the BPL for Sunderland every week he's so loving awful.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Which potential future Sunderland manager do you think will bring the best out of Jozy? My picks are Tony Pulis and Neil Lennon

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Ted Lasso

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

bow chicka wow wow posted:

Which potential future Sunderland manager do you think will bring the best out of Jozy? My picks are Tony Pulis and Neil Lennon

The only manager that could bring the class out of jozy is big sam

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

bow chicka wow wow posted:

I say they hire Jozy's coach from AZ Alkmaar

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

jyrka posted:

Any Jozy fans in here?

He's a good lad who means well who has sadly come unstuck in a troubled Sunderland side sans Manager, he's working hard though and was it not for a horrible refereeing descision he would be a goal to the good already. I think the old adage "its a marathon, not a sprint" is the most important thing to remember, we are only 7 games into the season and Ive no doubt that he will come good. Sunderland have played 3 of the top four as well as Manchester United. Ive no doubt a new manager will get them ship shape and Jozy will start rattling them in for fun.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

cadfael posted:

He's a good lad who means well who has sadly come unstuck in a troubled Sunderland side sans Manager, he's working hard though and was it not for a horrible refereeing descision he would be a goal to the good already. I think the old adage "its a marathon, not a sprint" is the most important thing to remember, we are only 7 games into the season and Ive no doubt that he will come good. Sunderland have played 3 of the top four as well as Manchester United. Ive no doubt a new manager will get them ship shape and Jozy will start rattling them in for fun.

where is this cp'd from?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
You say you have no doubt a lot for somebody who has no doubts.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

You say you have no doubt a lot for somebody who has no doubts.

He's going to come good Pissflaps, mark my posts. He has too.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

cadfael posted:

Does he?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I don't know gifman, the evidence is starting to be overwhelming.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

He does

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

cadfael posted:

Sounds like a threat to Jozy. Maybe he can score if his life depends on it?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Parity warning posted:

Sounds like a threat to Jozy. Maybe he can score if his life depends on it?

Looking at his stature, Jozy is not one to make choices that are good for his well-being.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Pray tell you legitimate fans of football, what are "competitive" matches? World Cup and Euros? Barclays premier league, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A only? It would be nice for us "plastics" to know which is which so we can appropriately judge players based upon your standards.

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 7, 2013

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

trem_two posted:

I don't know gifman, the evidence is starting to be overwhelming.

This is some damning evidence to be sure.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Crunkjuice posted:

Pray tell you legitimate fans of football, what are "competitive" matches? World Cup and Euros? Barclays premier league, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A only? It would be nice for us "plastics" to know which is which so we can appropriately judge players based upon your standards.

If Jozy can score in the game, it's not competitive.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Crunkjuice posted:

Nice meltdown

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Crunkjuice posted:

It depends on the teams you philistine.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Crunkjuice posted:

Jozy is bad.

skirth
Oct 29, 2010

Crunkjuice posted:

A good indicator is whether or not Jozy Altidore scores

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crunkjuice posted:

Pray tell you legitimate fans of football, what are "competitive" matches? World Cup and Euros? Barclays premier league, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A only?

Yeah but Serie A can vary.

The only league Jozy has looked remotely competent in though, the Eredivisie, is not on the list.

"Hmm this striker is world class" - something never said (unless you're oliwan) about someone who has only done anything of note in the Dutch top flight.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
I'd add copa america to the list ad well and maybe borderline is the copa libertadores.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I think you two are being too generous. Premier League and maybe the Championship are the only competitive matches imo. Everything else is friendlies.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The question isn't even if he's done anything in a competitive match, its if he's done anything in one against a good team. Which he hasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

oh em gee bee ess posted:

I'd add copa america to the list ad well and maybe borderline is the copa libertadores.

The Copa Libertadores > UCL

• Locked thread