Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj9q7inD2GI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Wouldn't mind something almost like a gender-bender version of Alex, with a bandana covering the top of her head, wearing a yellow tanktop with green or blue overalls, only she uses jiujitsu rather than, say, powerbombing people. That'll be her super. :getin:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

SFxT is uglier than I remember.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chick grapplers don't have to fulfill your fetishes to be awesome. They just don't need to be goddamn school girls. Of course since this is Capcom it basically means there's no chance of that.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Speaking of, what are the chances of Sakura making it back in? I don't particularly care for her but I don't know what her overall popularity is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sakura is behind Chun-Li and Cammy as being one of the most popular female SF characters, at least until the recent poll that Japan and America got where Karin topped the rankings so I have no doubt Karin & Sakura are both making it into the game.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AndyElusive posted:

Chick grapplers don't have to fulfill your fetishes to be awesome. They just don't need to be goddamn school girls. Of course since this is Capcom it basically means there's no chance of that.

I hope this wasn't directed at me. :ohdear: I just thought it would be a cool design.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
if they dont put sakura in there they should give someone else her dp because its the coolest one

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

AndyElusive posted:

Chick grapplers don't have to fulfill your fetishes to be awesome.

YES THEY DO

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Junk posted:

LOL @ that leaked character roster in the comments

I want it to be real because I would kill for a modern version of Akira. loving Rival Schools, Capcom. Do something with it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

A not-Ronda Rousey character would be good imo.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
If she's Brazilian, I hope she's based on one of the many fine lady bodybuilders Brazil has. Like Eva Andressa Viera. Or Gracyanne Barbossa.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Beef Chief posted:

Sakura is behind Chun-Li and Cammy as being one of the most popular female SF characters, at least until the recent poll that Japan and America got where Karin topped the rankings so I have no doubt Karin & Sakura are both making it into the game.

birdie is in the game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

birdie is in the game

Shhhhhhhhhh

This is just another Alpha game,henaki

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Cabbagepots posted:

If she's Brazilian, I hope she's based on one of the many fine lady bodybuilders Brazil has. Like Eva Andressa Viera. Or Gracyanne Barbossa.
First SF fighter with butt implants

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
put jaycee in the game

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Archer666 posted:

I want it to be real because I would kill for a modern version of Akira. loving Rival Schools, Capcom. Do something with it.

No kidding. Project Justice was so drat fun.

Another soundtrack that was pretty catchy, too.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That Ignorant Sap posted:

IIRC Rival Schools Sakura had a really fun launcher combo that would take people up, then slam them on the ground then up again with an otg launcher

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Night Blade posted:

But Charlie was already announced...

If they can put Evil Ryu in USF4 then they can certainly put SF: The Movie Carlos Blanka in SFV. :colbert:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

That Ignorant Sap posted:

My favorite part about Project Justice is how you can always throw an assist or triple team after the super flash

My second favorite part is how one of Roy's supers doesn't scale correctly if you hit it OTG, and still does ~90% of its regular damage

My third favorite part is how Capcom forgot to put combo scaling on air throws, so Roberto's meterless combos do way more damage than anyone else's

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Doggboat posted:

First SF fighter with butt implants

Yeah and make her use her butt for a lot of her attacks.

Have her do a death valley driver with a top spin and she lands on them butt-first.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

How about SF5 puts in a Canadian for once :kiddo:

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Evil Canadian posted:

a french canadian to replace the car in the kick the car level

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Evil Canadian posted:

Which kind of Canadian? The big buff flannel clad lumberjack or the guy who is just too drat polite?

Finally a male version of the girl character that apologizes for winning!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Gutcruncher posted:

Which kind of Canadian? The big buff flannel clad lumberjack or the guy who is just too drat polite?

Canadians come in all shapes and sizes so it can be anyone! Look at the proud history of FG Canadians.

-Wolf from VF
-Maxima from KOF
-The sasquatch from Darkstalkers.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah! In case Brazil girl doesn't turn out to be a grappler that was my next idea. I even drew this!

http://i.imgur.com/TOh5hDX.jpg

Dazh
Jul 9, 2008
Just put in R.Mika with a tan.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Cabbagepots posted:

Yeah! In case Brazil girl doesn't turn out to be a grappler that was my next idea. I even drew this!

http://i.imgur.com/TOh5hDX.jpg

This is what a female Canadian grappler looks like. Sorry I ruined your j/o session.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Smegmatron posted:

This is what a female Canadian grappler looks like. Sorry I ruined your j/o session.

Uh huh... and how is that relevant to what she'll look like in SF5?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Cabbagepots posted:

Uh huh... and how is that relevant to what she'll look like in SF5?

Because most of the characters in SF4 and 5 are proportioned within the bounds of normal human characteristics. The ones that aren't are obviously inhuman, like Blanka or Oni.

Ryu is about the same size as a reasonably buff Japanese dude like Masahiko Kimura, Zangief is Dorian Yates with a mohawk and beard, and Abel isn't significantly bigger than someone like Brock Lesnar or Cain Velasquez. Chun isn't much bigger than any woman who competes in a strength-based sport, and the rest of the female cast is on the small side, if anything.

If you want a game where ridiculously huge, thick women beat the poo poo out of each other, you're going to have to make it yourself. Maybe put some assets together and pitch it to Capcom or something.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
What fighting styles haven't been represented in SF yet?

Maybe they could add a French-Canadian savate kickboxer?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Smegmatron posted:

Because most of the characters in SF4 and 5 are proportioned within the bounds of normal human characteristics.

Um...

Have you even looked at either of these games for even a second?

If you have then I guess I envy you for living in a universe where people normally have biceps larger than their heads.

quote:

If you want a game where ridiculously huge, thick women beat the poo poo out of each other, you're going to have to make it yourself.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Why haven't I thought of that...?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eddain posted:

What fighting styles haven't been represented in SF yet?

Maybe they could add a French-Canadian savate kickboxer?

I want to believe Capcom/Dimps could competently animate a drunken style

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Smegmatron posted:

If you want a game where ridiculously huge, thick women beat the poo poo out of each other, you're going to have to make it yourself. Maybe put some assets together and pitch it to Capcom or something.
HE'S TRYING OK

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pomp posted:

Didn't they basically do this with Lei Wulong in sfxt?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

Goodpart posted:

HE'S TRYING OK

I just figured that having not seen such a hot title flying off the shelves, he'd decided not to. I was trying to be encouraging, jerk.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Pomp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I hope at some point, if not at release then in a future update, Sean gets added to this game and receives a similarly drastic overhaul like Birdie and Charlie and becomes a good character. Bonus points if they can get the guy who voiced Tetsuo to do the VO again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Smegmatron posted:

I just figured that having not seen such a hot title flying off the shelves, he'd decided not to.

Game development is hard.

In case you don't know, yes, I am doing one.

• Locked thread