Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

You've increased your kid's risk of developing allergies. They will be an idiot loser that dies to a peanut.

'for infants at hereditary risk'

my genes are strong so no worries there

the second link there is about kids who got allergies from breast milk:

quote:

A male infant, who was fully breast-fed, receiving no additional feeds in any form until 3 months of age, developed intermittent vomiting, diarrhoea and episodes of uncontrollable screaming from one week of age.

yum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Clipperton posted:

'for infants at hereditary risk'

my genes are strong so no worries there

the second link there is about kids who got allergies from breast milk:

yum!

If you're talking about this one
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2222.1980.tb02090.x/full
That actually says the baby was weaned off of breast milk at three months as a treatment for colic and later developed allergies to cow milk and eggs.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

If you're talking about this one
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2222.1980.tb02090.x/full
That actually says the baby was weaned off of breast milk at three months as a treatment for colic and later developed allergies to cow milk and eggs.

quote:

There is little doubt that they were fully breast-fed until 3 months and yet developed symptoms, later identified to be due to food allergy, long before they received these foods. They must, therefore, have been sensitized and rendered symptomatic by allergens in the maternal breast milk.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

That paper is from 1979 and the intro says they only studied 2 infants. The authors' conclusion is not reliable as it is based on nothing. Any article with enough data to do a statistical analysis refutes it.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

That paper is from 1979 and the intro says they only studied 2 infants. The authors' conclusion is not reliable as it is based on nothing. Any article with enough data to do a statistical analysis refutes it.

idk maybe don't link to it then?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Clipperton posted:

I linked a page of relevant research papers and you chose the worst one because you thought it supported your argument. Not my fault. If you're somehow confident in your kid's genetics, they should be fine. Maybe you could find a bunch of immunoglobulin to inject them with to be sure.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

my breastfed vaccinated circumscized baby

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Pumroy posted:

my breastfed vaccinated circumscized Christian baby who wipes sitting down

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Hatebag posted:

I linked a page of relevant research papers and you chose the worst one because you thought it supported your argument. Not my fault. If you're somehow confident in your kid's genetics, they should be fine. Maybe you could find a bunch of immunoglobulin to inject them with to be sure.

lol

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

quote:

While it is true that finding a woman to openly offer her lactating is difficult, it’s not nearly as impossible as many would have you believe. Aaron Baker, long time lifter and long time supporter of breast milk, has taken every opportunity of his girlfriend’s five pregnancies to absorb as much human growth hormone as possible. Vince Taylor goes the alternative route and has been able to find women who are accept monies for what he needs. Ed Corney, though past his prime, still finds himself in the weight game. His daughter has been more than generous during her pregnancies to accommodate Ed with his nutritional needs. The simple fact is that breast milk is not that hard to come by.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=138482993

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Fonzarelli posted:

His daughter has been more than generous during her pregnancies to accommodate Ed with his nutritional needs.

*shudder*

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Clipperton posted:

Here is The official statement on breastfeeding from American Academy of pediatrics which I already linked to you and is extremely well sourced but I am surprised you did not read. Here have pictures maybe this will help. Unless the mother cannot breastfeed for some reason, they should and any pediatrician worth a poo poo who can read and pays attention will say the same thing.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol this is worse than getting a prion disease from injecting scrambled pituitary glands of corpses. Also only 1 person posts that sippin' on daughter tits is gross.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Here is The official statement on breastfeeding from American Academy of pediatrics which I already linked to you and is extremely well sourced but I am surprised you did not read. Here have pictures maybe this will help. Unless the mother cannot breastfeed for some reason, they should and any pediatrician worth a poo poo who can read and pays attention will say the same thing.

lol arent they the ones who want to chop baby dicks off

also didnt they want to legalise fgm until everyone told them they were insane

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cows drink cow's milk, goats drink goat's milk, (animal) drinks (same animal) milk, yet humans drink cow's milk later in life, and not breast milk.

Makes u ewe think.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Clipperton posted:

lol arent they the ones who want to chop baby dicks off

also didnt they want to legalise fgm until everyone told them they were insane

what the gently caress drugs are you on. no and no.

are you going to tell us how scientists are wrong about vaccines next?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

what the gently caress drugs are you on. no and no.

are you going to tell us how scientists are wrong about vaccines next?

look it up man

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Clipperton posted:

look it up man

quote:

Although health benefits are not great enough to recommend routine circumcision for all male newborns, the benefits of circumcision are sufficient to justify access to this procedure for families choosing it and to warrant third-party payment for circumcision of male newborns. It is important that clinicians routinely inform parents of the health benefits and risks of male newborn circumcision in an unbiased and accurate manner. Parents ultimately should decide whether circumcision is in the best interests of their male child. They will need to weigh medical information in the context of their own religious, ethical, and cultural beliefs and practices.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/08/22/peds.2012-1989.full.pdf+html

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/722840

your ad hominem isn't relevant anyways they site like 20 studies that show boobs are better than bottles even if you don't trust the AAP the science sited is not in question.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 3, 2015

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
OP would steal the tittie from a baby's mouth. Shameful, use the other one.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Wow, you know SA's grown up when there's a heated thread on the merits of breastfeeding. RIP our carefree youth.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

there are actually alcohol testers for breast milk and that's why babies love it so much they are all alcoholics
http://www.breastmates.com.au/milk-screen-alcohol-test

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roro posted:

OP would steal the tittie from a baby's mouth. Shameful, use the other one.

Baby gets righty, I get lefty. Got it

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also lol at the guy still doing mental gymnastics to rationalize his bad parenting choice

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Clipperton posted:

i guess the breast babies can console themselves with their 0.01% less chance of having hayfever, when the huge brained formula babies take over and put them all in camps

"breast babies." I guess you'd have to be a great big baby to drink breast milk, huh? You really told those big babies about what they're consuming. Sick burn, doctor genius.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

spud posted:

Can Men produce loving breast milk?

Asking for a friend....

Yes, sometimes. The nipples are there and so are some mammary glands, though not as well developed as in women. The hormones to get the system up and running don't often occur in men though.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

fakeaccount posted:

"breast babies." I guess you'd have to be a great big baby to drink breast milk, huh? You really told those big babies about what they're consuming. Sick burn, doctor genius.

ikr

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I miss my wife's breast milk. It was pretty delicious. Also, my nephew was full formula and no breast milk and is getting ready to do a three-peat in kindergarten unless they give him a charity pass. Then, again, my brother in law is pretty retarded so maybe it's genetic.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thread needs more Olivia Wilde with that baby suckin on her titty

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 5, 2015

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

i m not sure it does.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
What kind of retard would believe that a powder is nutritionally equivalent to natural breastmilk. At least other goons stepped up to the plate and smacked this bitch down where he belongs

LOL at his dumbass baby who is doomed from birth to be dumb and allergic to everything

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
"Fruits and vegetables? No need, I take a multivitamin. Just as good as the real thing :smuggo:"

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

does she do it in the tron wig, asking for a friend

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

What kind of retard would believe that a powder is nutritionally equivalent to natural breastmilk. At least other goons stepped up to the plate and smacked this bitch down where he belongs

LOL at his dumbass baby who is doomed from birth to be dumb and allergic to everything

nice one man, now tell us about the paleo diet and the evils of gmos

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Clipperton posted:

does she do it in the tron wig, asking for a friend

nice one man, now tell us about the paleo diet and the evils of gmos

LOL Im afraid you would only :qq: harder. Sorry about your baby, better luck next time

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
'who would believe that injecting your kid with a chemical concoction is better than NATURAL immunity'

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's not how vaccines work lmao did you even finish highschool

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Clipperton posted:

'who would believe that injecting your kid with a chemical concoction is better than NATURAL immunity'

lol

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

That's not how vaccines work lmao did you even finish highschool

eh, close enough (and even closer in the case of toxoid and subunit vaccines)

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Eh I'd still probably go breast over formula but the probability of it having a difference is pretty equivalent to many other health decisions that most everyone doesn't take half as seriously. Breast feeding is bizarrely politicized and fanatical. Like the fact there is some breastfeeding union that goes around delivering 'breastfeeding welcome here' stickers to businesses when the amount of times breastfeeding mothers have actually encountered any flack is probably way low. I know someone who specializes in postnatal psychology and they were telling me that many mothers who are physically unable to produce enough breast milk (which isn't uncommon) end up feeling hugely guilty and all the mother's groups and parental advice sources look down their noses at them for not trying hard enough or something. Sure it has slightly better outcomes in the same population health statistics way that dishes out studies showing virtually everything causes cancer, but the sort of vehement hatred of formula you see from some people smacks of the whole 'natural is always better, gm food and msg and vague chemicals will kill us all' attitude combined with a 'motherhood is sacred and pure' zeal.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is uncommon actually for a woman to not be able to breastfeed their baby, ie volume wise. If you read about it the statistics are something like 98% of women produce enough nutrition for their baby DESPITE volume. In other words yes some women don't produce as much milk, but the milk they do produce is more concentrated and still does indeed provide sufficient nutrition for the baby. This is evolution, you pass down successful genes and keepnthe line going. If you had genes that cause you to not produce enough milk for your baby then you are an anomaly and probably shouldn't be passing on your defective genes.

The problem is some women truthfully ARE just lazy and they don't want to deal with the time, effort and pain that goes into breast feeding when they can just spend $60 for some powdered formula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

a creepy colon posted:

If you had genes that cause you to not produce enough milk for your baby then you are an anomaly and probably shouldn't be passing on your defective genes.

literal eugenics itt, holy poo poo

• Locked thread