Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have nine votes for reasons that don't really make any sense to me. I will not claim. You will get my role PM when I flip, so it should shore up any Maigius questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scientastic is scum.
Sandwolf is scum.

Good luck, game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Even a lazy lazy merk tries harder than that dude

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Even a lazy lazy merk tries harder than that dude

It's what I've figured out so far. Good luck in your scumitudes I guess.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

merk posted:

You will get my role PM when I flip, so it should shore up any Maigius questions.

So... do you think maigus is scum? Wtf dude

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

So... do you think maigus is scum? Wtf dude

No clue. I haven't really read him at all. I think Scientastic and Sandwolf are scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

alright I値l bite, WHY do you think I知 scum

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

alright I値l bite, WHY do you think I知 scum

I've already cased you. I don't really need to convince you.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
okay then I'll bite, why do you think sandwolf is scum

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I'd definitely vote merk over maigius. I'm actually at the point now where I don't want to vote maigius at all - I think it was strange to claim but nothing about his claim seems scummy and I think a lot of the cases on him are way worse.

I'm fine voting merk. The post about Tom bragging about scum-hunting alone was pretty bad. I also think his case on Sand sucks and I agree with whoever made the joke about merk never mentioning meta this many times in any game ever.

However, I think his case on Science is a legit case - I don't think merk was trying to softpeddle his defense of steak, it was pretty blatant and about the only thing he did on Day 1.

So yeah I'd vote merk but I really prefer the vote on Andy. Going to read Science next I guess.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I guess I don't really care. I've done whatever work I'm going to do. Good luck, town. You'll see my flip when it comes. I have nothing helpful to claim before that.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

noted town move, giving up

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dmboogie posted:

noted town move, giving up

eh, I think I found scum in at least Scientastic. No one wants to even comment on that case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll ##vote Scientastic. That's definitely the better case.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think merk knows that Maigius is at least telling the truth about seeing him dig up the grave, so he knows he's boned and isn't going to do anything else that could compromise his scum buddies

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jose Valasquez posted:

I think merk knows that Maigius is at least telling the truth about seeing him dig up the grave, so he knows he's boned and isn't going to do anything else that could compromise his scum buddies

I can see this scientastic thing as a last minute bus tbh but who knows until he flips

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jose Valasquez posted:

This is dumb, but I guess I'll claim because you'll see it when I flip anyway. Yes, I looted PQ's grave to take his tech. I haven't done anything with it. I can use it in subsequent nights or loot someone else.

I think Maigius' claim is not indicative of alignment. Town or scum could easily have a role to look at a corpse.

I don't think my claim is indicative of ailgnment. Town or scum could easily have a role to pick up tech.

I think Scientastic is scum. I made a real life actual case on Scientastic based on content, actual votes. If we want to discuss that, I'm here. If we want to play setup speculation, night action bullshit, I'm not very interested.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I can see this scientastic thing as a last minute bus tbh but who knows until he flips

I cased Scientastic like ten real life hours ago? What the gently caress is this?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

If merk turns out to be scum I'd be more likely to think a bus would have been on you since part of what caused merk to get in the crosshairs was the scientastic/merk back and forth, which makes me think they at the least aren't bussing each other.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Nep-Nep posted:

If merk turns out to be scum I'd be more likely to think a bus would have been on you since part of what caused merk to get in the crosshairs was the scientastic/merk back and forth, which makes me think they at the least aren't bussing each other.

What happens when I flip town?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm fine with the merk vote, I did a full reread of merk and I don't really have anything to add but

I think this post and its surrounding context are the sticking point for me, it doesn't look like scumhunting to me to see someone takeaway a "looks town" read from vote analysis and not really work to express any other opinions or calls from it.

##vote merk

Calling someone town is definitely scum hunting. I was looking at the vote yesterday and saw someone that jumped out as town to me. This vote doesn't make any sense.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nep-Nep posted:

that's a good point, I had forgotten that part

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I'm actually done and headed to bed. Good luck, town. You played terribly and lynched me as town again. Maybe learn from it for the next game. You didn't last time.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Voodoofly posted:

I'd definitely vote merk over maigius. I'm actually at the point now where I don't want to vote maigius at all - I think it was strange to claim but nothing about his claim seems scummy and I think a lot of the cases on him are way worse.

I'm fine voting merk. The post about Tom bragging about scum-hunting alone was pretty bad. I also think his case on Sand sucks and I agree with whoever made the joke about merk never mentioning meta this many times in any game ever.

However, I think his case on Science is a legit case - I don't think merk was trying to softpeddle his defense of steak, it was pretty blatant and about the only thing he did on Day 1.

So yeah I'd vote merk but I really prefer the vote on Andy. Going to read Science next I guess.

This actually sums up pretty well where I am at face value wrt merk & Sci. Most of the posting wrt merk has been pretty reasonable except for Sci; Sci I felt was more fixated on his steak vote which imo is less indicative. For the little merk did d1 it's not that out there to see how fhpov he made some kind of effort making a town call on steak. I'm down for a merk vote but his effort level has been pretty easy so far & I feel like would be low hanging fruit for other scum to try to grab a bit of a rub

Some cool setup spec if there are two scum teams, Scum you would think should still be able to scumhunt somewhat effectively since they're not more fully informed on alignment wrt the majority of the players and probably win at the expense of the other team. Reading merk felt like flailing at everyone that cased him, reading Sci felt like an awkward tunnel compared to say Sandwolf or Jose. Like he was either awkwardly trying to pick out other scum

I couldn't be around yesterday and now I have a bunch to catch up on again & candid thoughts to organize. The size of this game is more overwhelming atm than I was expecting

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

merk posted:

Ok, I'm actually done and headed to bed. Good luck, town. You played terribly and lynched me as town again. Maybe learn from it for the next game. You didn't last time.

:lol: they listened to you a bunch and killed a bunch of townies because of it last time.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

merk posted:

What happens when I flip town?

Then I don't conclude anyone was bussing you, obviously

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
In terms of where I think I'm probably going to be on scientastic tomorrow if merk flips town just because their big exchange doesn't feel like a town v town interaction to me

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Maigus I don't want to vote

Voodoofly posted:

So my biggest issue with Maigius today is the claim seems to come out of nowhere. He has admitted he thinks it was a stupid idea. How the claim came out itself I don't think is scummy - actually I guess not coming after merk out of the gate might be scummy since he eventually says he thinks merk is scum and he saw him last night.

But nonetheless I don't think anything about his claim sounds like he is lying or twisting it as it goes or anything and I'm just going to say again I have no drat idea why people are so bent on trying to capture people in a lie or claim that XXX role has no town, or scum, or whatever uses in a game this strange.

This is probably the towniest thing about his claim and method thereof imo. Scum would be more calculated, or more self aware imo. And he'd have access to other people to give him a bit of a check on himself

Maigius is new enough that I think he'd be too timid to claim something wild and he seems like he has a somewhat anxious self awareness of what he is doing. It doesn't seem very thought out at all imo with how it's been presented

Maigius posted:

I know my last second vote change to Spoonsy was a bit weird, but I had lost track of the vote count. Shortly afterwards Spoonsy did the vote echo thing that still feels weird to me, so I didn't switch back. I claim was in a moment of brain fart, where I thought it was a good idea. Looking back, I don't know why I did it. Currently, merk is pinging as scum right now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Nep-Nep looked to pick a random post of mine out to justify jumping on my bandwagon. It makes no sense to think I知 scum for calling someone town while I was also casing scum.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

People claiming these people are scum because of these roles are raising an eyebrow for me

Maigius posted:

Why else you you disturb a dead body?

MisterJed posted:

Maigius is probably scum, but I'm not buying the case on merk. Many people this game thought steak was scummy for him acting the way he usually does, but merk (and others) were right that it's hard to peg a ready on him D1 because he is always act like this. I think criticizing merk's"strongly advocated" language isn't compelling, and I don't think him holding back on saying anything about the Maigius's claim is inherently scummy. There may be something there but the Maigius case is much more clear.

The only thing scummy about maigius's claimed role is if you're assuming that the roles in this setup allowing interaction with flipped players inherently benefit town. For what we know rn this seems largely neutral? If anything being able to see what's happening to the dead could end up being useful information and given that he's claimed already he's basically committed to giving us more information every day which could be revealing in a useful way wrt others or him :shrug:

I don't know how you can look at the presentation of his claims and think he's scummy for it imo it reads pretty earnest to me

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Actually let's do scientastic instead, I didn't really do my due diligence and consider timestamps when I read merk earlier. That call out of a town read is followed a few minutes later by a case on sci, paying attention to the when recontextualizes that for me.

##vote scientastic

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

I didn't even know this guy was in the game, but he's a good candidate for a maigius scum buddy doing some light D1 bussing.

The rest of his posts are just hanging out on the periphery of other people's posts.

His one D1 take is:

Although unless he posts more he'll be modkilled anyway

I don't know how you could see this as bussing? I pulled off basically immediately after I made the post & looked at his history in votefinder to try to get some perspective on the guy. I usually like to feel like I'm pretty candid w my thoughts

This feels like kind of a forced read

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

cheese sandwich posted:

I don't know how you could see this as bussing? I pulled off basically immediately after I made the post & looked at his history in votefinder to try to get some perspective on the guy. I usually like to feel like I'm pretty candid w my thoughts

This feels like kind of a forced read

I didn't look that closely at timestamps tbh, almost all of your D1 posts happened in a 2 hour window so maybe just post more?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

reading xopods @ merk feels insincere

he was pretty tentative until he saw merk has momentum and even then it's kind of a flat finger point

xopods posted:

Anyway, this Spoonsy stuff seems like a moot point today because we probably have to lunch either merk or Maigius at this point...

I'm tempted to switch to merk because I can't figure out why he wouldn't explicitly confirm or deny the claim. I mean, if Maigius were lying, presumably merk would say so. But if merk did pick up the item I don't know why he'd refuse to say so... as either alignment really. It seems scummy to withhold that info but I don't see the upside in that case... it's not LESS suspicious to refuse to reveal anything, since collecting items from the dead isn't an inherently scummy power (thematically maybe, but not mechanically).

It's really confusing. Like, maybe he's hoping that Maigius will flip something that makes it apparent Maigius was lying and that we'll leave him alone after that, but then surely someone's going to ask "well if Maigius was lying why didn't you say so?"

xopods posted:

Yeah, I dunno. I'm hopelessly behind on work today and have to think about that and not this but ##vote merk for now at least.

Like he's hedging harder on merk until it's a surer thing which is weirder coming after throwing out kind of a claim based vote on mag earlier in the day, and wanting to lunch him d1

xopods @ merk posted:

Have you contributed anything to this game yourself beyond OMGUSing everyone who calls you scum?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

I didn't look that closely at timestamps tbh, almost all of your D1 posts happened in a 2 hour window so maybe just post more?

Hoping to! These deadlines have been somewhat inconvenient for me as it's basically at the end of my work day

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Good I hope you aren稚 referring to the good place

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I believe merk and I知 only like 60% sure and dropping on maigius. Can someone summarize the sci case? My power痴 been off for like twelve hours now, I知 not following in huge detail at the moment.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Maigius if you were to have buried someone and they were not disturbed, do you think it would be accessible to scum the following night?

I think so, but I would also be alerted.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I think out of everyone, Capt Andy has been giving me the most scum vibes. Parts of it has to do with the testing of Spoonsy's powers, the instant just on me as scum after I took a break yesterday, and the claiming tko have followed me, after full claimed. Most of these reasoning are me dependent, but the seeming refusal to look into anything else feels scummy to me.

For that reason I'm also getting similar vibes from Sci.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I never claimed to have followed you and I think my only post since your full claim was to ask if anyone could do me a favor and and summarize sci.