Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Tbh I am seriously unimpressed by Sombers "Case" he instantly went back on.

I want to see more from Somber because right now I'm firmly in the "Lazy scum hoping for easy target" category on Somber.

Idk how much my opinion means to you in this game yet, but I got strong townread from those somber posts about you. Not saying they’re accurate but it feels like somber really is seeing something and bringing it up, not trying to manipulate the game into falling into a Yami vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also something I meant to say earlier but got sidetracked on.

I have a power that requires that the target is not in a masonry (and/or is a messenger, it's ambiguous on purpose).

I would appreciate it if people stated if this doesn't apply to them. I do understand if you don't want to say, though.

You can safely mason me :v:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wologar posted:

This sounds like you admit you think Yami is town. "In your mind" instead of "if you're town".

Don’t like this needling

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Wow a lot of posts happened while I was trying to write that post

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

... someone will check in shortly to call this a 'town on town slapfight ' because they don't want to read a bunch of words(fair),

Maugrim posted:

Yami and Somber town. Will read properly/get spreadsheet going tonight hopefully. Today has been mad

9 minutes, pretty impressive.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

99% sure somber town

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Somberbrero posted:

9 minutes, pretty impressive.

Okay I got a chuckle out of that one, I'll admit

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t like this needling

Sandwolf posted:

99% sure somber town

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Maugrim posted:

I have no read on Josef yet to be clear, he's only the vote leader by joke phase residue ##unvote

Scumdar so far says Spork, Zoya, mayyyybe Anarc. Yami and Somber town. Will read properly/get spreadsheet going tonight hopefully. Today has been mad

I've seen some people mentioning Zoya, what's the case there? Just reread and nothing jumps out at me.

And is Anarc based on anything other than 'vote all lurkers'?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
loving the townreads don't get me wrong, but uh, who scum?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Idk how much my opinion means to you in this game yet, but I got strong townread from those somber posts about you. Not saying they’re accurate but it feels like somber really is seeing something and bringing it up, not trying to manipulate the game into falling into a Yami vote

Hm.

Somberbrero posted:

:same:

Thoughts on Beet?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Yami Fenrir posted:

I have a power that requires that the target is not in a masonry (and/or is a messenger, it's ambiguous on purpose).

I would appreciate it if people stated if this doesn't apply to them. I do understand if you don't want to say, though.

is scumchat a masonry

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t like this needling

Poor taste.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Yami Fenrir posted:

I am neither of those things, hit me with it Yami.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

wologar posted:

Poor taste.

He’s not even in this game!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

Wolo? Beet? Moritz? Nep? idk a lot of folks are being really quiet

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

wologar posted:

is scumchat a masonry

No?

Real weird question to ask.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Yami Fenrir posted:

No?

Real weird question to ask.

that seemed like a really obvious joke from wolo, so taking it seriously is actually mildly pinging me

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Zoya posted:

that seemed like a really obvious joke from wolo, so taking it seriously is actually mildly pinging me

I'm german, I don't understand jokes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

Just gonna actually reiterate that Yami is the type of German who is not good with jokes, this isn’t an excuse.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jokes??? On my dying comedy website??????

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JosefStalinator posted:

Get a load of this joke!

turns and stares into a mirror, where there is nothing but a sad clown looking back, and as I fall into the abyss of their iris, the world swims with darkness, enveloping everything, stripping away the causal ties bounding man to the earth, leaving nothing but a wretched, weeping sack of flesh in the shining glass

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Get a load of this joke!

turns and stares into a mirror, where there is nothing but a sad clown looking back, and as I fall into the abyss of their iris, the world swims with darkness, enveloping everything, stripping away the causal ties bounding man to the earth, leaving nothing but a wretched, weeping sack of flesh in the shining glass

Idgi

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

JosefStalinator posted:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

Get a load of this joke!

frantically trying to get my monitor working

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

what are you trying to say here?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hi Nep

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Nep-Nep posted:

what are you trying to say here?

the forum equivalent of nodding (and honking, but that goes without saying)

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Somberbrero posted:

A non-comment. Feels like scum compelled to vocalize their presence and acknowledgment, but in the most neutral way possible.

That's not really so, though? Looking at that in context the post you quoted was like a yami-mod-yami post sandwich, the first of which was yami calling zoya's post scummy. I don't I understand how this tracks

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sandwolf posted:

definitely seems like something the mod would do, maybe toalpaz is a super secret player sending messages around the game

I feel so bullied!!!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

SporkChan posted:

I've seen some people mentioning Zoya, what's the case there? Just reread and nothing jumps out at me.

It's mainly just the post where they voted me, it sounded very selfconscious and their clown RP since hasn't changed my mind.

It could absolutely be newbie awkwardness but I had no trouble townreading them in the last game. Regardless they probably get a D1 pass from me because it's their second game

Anarc I had the very mildest of pings from their opening post and another later one. In the absence of other reads it gets them on the list but :shrug:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I waffled a lot on zoya in my own mind last game. Something I notice in this game that's consistent with last game is d1 zoya doing a fair amount of flavor posting. But that isn't necessarily alignment indicative and so I want zoya to explain what the post comparison I quoted is actually trying to say

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Nep-Nep posted:

I waffled a lot on zoya in my own mind last game. Something I notice in this game that's consistent with last game is d1 zoya doing a fair amount of flavor posting. But that isn't necessarily alignment indicative and so I want zoya to explain what the post comparison I quoted is actually trying to say

i didn't intend it as a comparison, i was agreeing with both quotes, i thought that was obvious HONK

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Okay, I saw something in your intent there that wasn't there then, I get it now

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Well while I"ve got you here, where do you stand on wologar? If you agree with sandwolf's dislike of the 'needling' how does that weigh for you compared to what you said about yami's post pinging you?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nep-Nep posted:

I feel so bullied!!!

The observers playing thing is going to haunt you forever at this point.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nep-Nep posted:

That's not really so, though? Looking at that in context the post you quoted was like a yami-mod-yami post sandwich, the first of which was yami calling zoya's post scummy. I don't I understand how this tracks

was rereading Yami's post history, not the thread, so sure that's fair. I'm wondering if anything else stood out in that exchange? I appreciate you commenting on the actual casework and not handwaving it, but it seems like a minor point in a longer discussion.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SporkChan posted:

A quick search of maugrim's post history doesn't show me any talk about lurkers or voting lurkers, did I miss something?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Nep-Nep posted:

A quick search of maugrim's post history doesn't show me any talk about lurkers or voting lurkers, did I miss something?

I think that's what spork is asking, anarc's name is just kinda thrown out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Nep-Nep posted:

ANarc has 4 posts since the game began, so I couldn't think of any other case it could be. Plus I think, though I'm not 100% sure, that Maug has stated the 'vote out lurkers' case in prior games I've played with them.