Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the next game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Forgive me for sounding like an impatient modern gamer, but am I missing anything with Last Express or am I just not taking my time? I've made it past the first stop (Chanon) and the gameplay seems to be a lot of walking up and down the train and apologising.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gehenomm posted:

I just checked the Letīs Play Tie Fighter thread from a few years back, but sadly all the awesome pictures are gone.

For the uninitiated, the letīs play involved ice-cream, a tug ship best-buddy, furry murder, and a revolt against Vader himself. "Your empire sucks!"

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2313942&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

LPArchive is your friend : http://lparchive.org/Tie-Fighter/Update%201/

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Banished on sale now as the fresh game. 11th Hour got a few more copies to go.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

macnbc posted:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! To return the favor, here's another SC2K code: YTA1834D2EC976

This code's been lurked away, fyi.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

augustus gluten posted:

Guess which game?

It's Sim City 2000 YT065865798A6C

Grabbed this one. Thanks!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I finally bought something in the sale so I have a Sim City 2000 code to give away:

YT374A0ECDEC80

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky: HT725A48E70803

I'm getting an "invalid code" message from this one.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

pshea40 posted:

For anyone that doesn't have them:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky: HTCF9A10F7ED36

Cheers for posting those, but someone's grabbed this one already, FYI.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm just so glad the Gold Box games are out there where you can buy them legitimately. So many dodgy copies floating around out there.

Only just finished Curse of the Azure Bonds for the first time ever the other day. That last dungeon/area was a load of bullshit let me tell you.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Daler Mehndi posted:

Somehow I don't remember the last area very well. I thought it was the battle featuring Bits of Moander, but apparently not. I remember an optional area that led to an encounter featuring a ton of beholders. That, too, was bullshit. Both times I heavily abused the cloud spells.

The last area was Myth Drannor, full of spiders that can instant kill you with poison (and you can't get neutralize poison in this game due to the level cap!) then you go into some old ruins, and the bonds prevent you from resting despite there being enemies every loving where.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cemetry Gator posted:

Not knowing how they implemented this, it might not be that easy to patch out. Or it could be that their license doesn't allow them to do that. That may be something that's up to the rights holder to do.

Either way, most people would probably say that it's not really DRM in the spirit of what most people consider to be DRM. You're still able to copy and distribute the game freely, you just need to make sure you have the manual file with the game in order to play it.

Every cracked version of the Gold Box games I've found simply allow you to hit enter at that screen or skip it entirely, so I'd say the license prevents them from doing so.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Testekill posted:

The Gold Box RPGs seem to have had a bunch of weapons added into them. I'm pretty sure that stuff like staff slings and awl pikes weren't in the rules of AD&D

edit:

I'm pretty sure that none of these weapons were in Gateway to the Savage Frontier at least. I mean, the vast majority are just different kinds of Polearm and I don't even know which are good and which are poo poo.

Bardiche
Bec de Corbin (a type of hammer)
Billhook
Bo Stick
Fauchard
Fauchard-Fork
Military-Fork
Glaive
Glaive-Guisarme
Guisarme
Guisarme-Voulge
Lucern Hammer
Javelins
Jo Stick
Partisian
Military Pick
Awl Pike
Ranseur
Schimitar? (not sure if it was in gateway to the savage frontier)
Spetum
Trident
Voulge
Composite Long & Short bows? (once more, not sure if they were in it)
Staff Sling

Man, somebody hasn't played Pool of Radiance or COTAB and had to page through 4 pages of useless poo poo just to buy a long sword. Geez, look at this guy.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

All the codes have been taken so far. If you grab one, be polite and say thanks, eh?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Stupid Decisions posted:

System Shock 2
NALS1FB76F3C08E2PJ

Grabbed this one, thanks!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Well, I can't seem to give them away, so let's make them available for anyone lurking about.

Little Big Adventure

Grabbed Little Big Adventure, thanks!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

BadAstronaut posted:

Ok so you can actually set the save folder and just Dropbox that? That should actually work, thanks for the suggestion.
I guess for really older games that are small and don't let you choose save location you could just keep that whole thing in a Dropbox folder as only the changed files, in this case the saves, would sync?

That's correct.

I was playing Baldur's Gate on my home PC and my netbook, and wrote a little script that I could double click which copied the files into my DropBox folder when done :) This was before I realised I could set any old folder as shared.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

Keys for Giants: Citizen Kabuto, plus Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf up for grabs:

Giants: 15D33-FA766-897A9-F25D8

Battle Realms: A8736-DC491-D2EC4-F944E

Let me know if you have claimed them, cheers.

Cheers for posting these, someone has taken Giants.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Eulisker posted:

There are some new titles in gog connect. I don't know why they don't advertise it properly.

I really hate these sales where you have to buy everything in a bundle to get the highest discount. It leads to me not buying anything.

Logged into Galaxy last night and got a pop-up telling me that new games were in Connect, so they're slowly improving.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Keep that brain damaged ranger with the hamster forever for the love of god.

Do this, he's a straight up murder machine.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Got Thimbleweed Park in one of my 4 piñatas so I'm pretty chuffed!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

doctorfrog posted:

Sort of an odd choice for a first screenshot for Deus Ex: https://www.gog.com/game/deus_ex

It's just a little message for Eidos/Square Enix

"Fanks for getting us in!"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The textures still look decent scaled up but some of the flat images in the UI, ugh

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Jungle Pinball one's quite cool, in a comic book-y way. At least it's an action pose rather than pure cheesecake

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I bought myself a slightly early birthday present in the form of the Bard's Tale Trilogy Remastered, which is on sale now if anyone is interested.

Happy birthday for whenever :) Is the gameplay changed at all or is it just a graphics reskin? I remember hearing that 3 is a real grind

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Much like Final Fantasy, everyone thinks game x is the worst in the DS series.

Except Bloodborne. Everyone loves Bloodborne.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Is the GOG.com website struggling for anybody else? Over the last couple of days it's been really slow, sometimes not loading at all or doing the "the CSS hasn't loaded yet, look at my humongous icons" thing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

And on a completely unrelated note, why does Galaxy 2.0 not support Itch.io libraries yet?

Discord/Galaxy integration when

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Also my GOG name is Goetta if anyone wants to be Galaxy friends to see achievements and whatever it is friends on that clients does (I have no friends)

Also no friends here, friend request sent from Semiru

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thanks for the friend requests folks, it's good to see some other stats on the game screens

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

I just grab all the freebies even if I know I'll never download them.

:hfive:

More games I'll never play, give me moooooore

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anybody played Fallout via GOG lately? I've set all my preferences but the window is still tiny:

Am I missing a step or patch (I have the hi-res patch enabled)?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bees x1000 posted:

^looks like you have the 'windowed' option checked

Is windowed locked to 640x480?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Thanks folks, that's fixed it. Mostly was my brain not working :D

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Just get hyped and buy the latest remaster on day 1, problem solved

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Finally plonked down the cash for Warcraft 1 + 2 and also got... War Wind 1 + 2?

Never heard of these games, pretty sure they're not Blizzard...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Aces High posted:

You got both War Winds? Dang, my discount only gave me War Wind 2 with my WarCraft purchase

Yeah, sorry. Turns out I'd already claimed it at some point as I hoover up free games.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Are the PC versions of Silent Hill any good? The MGS PC versions... aren't

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

OpenTTD's a surprise. I always thought that kinda slid under the radar as a fan game?

I'm one of the rare people that didn't have this, and by getting it off of GOG I also got Jill of the Jungle for free.

Bonus!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tried this out with Metal Gear, MGS and MGS2 and appears to be working well!

I'd already put the controller fix in for MGS2, but this will save future punters a lot of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

HoMM2 is so much better than 3 for my money, not just with the campaign setup but I also love the artwork so much more with 2's more cartoony style versus 3's more realistic - which as we've learned from the 90's the more realistic attempts aged like milk.

I'll still play both though, because there seems to be a more active player base for 3.