Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

interrodactyl posted:

Not sure if the plan is to do this bi-weekly or weekly, but we'll see how it goes!

I spectated this tournament, and there were some good matches! It makes me regret not entering.

If there's a good Street Fighter game on the next tournament, I'll enter, especially if it's HF, ST or Alpha 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Breakers Revenge should also make a return for season 2, it's such a rad game.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Devil May Cry? Never played it but people say the third one sucked and the fourth one was good.

No, it's more like the 2nd one was bad, 3rd being really awesome, and the 4th being just good.

That is definitely something I found to agree with when I played through the games.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Nerokerubina posted:

It sounds like they always come at a pretty predictable part of a combo, but the comber can end the combo early and never get to the part that's breakable. kind of sounds like a prehistoric, shittier version of marvel 3 exchange counters.

What ends up happening in both KI games is that if for some reason you do play the game at high levels, the attacker can just work around that by doing unbreakable combos. Here's a video with bad audio in it that explains it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvp74Q7Tlv8

There are still better games to be played.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Speaking of GGXXAC+ releases, for those that who lived in a country that it wasn't released in for XBLA (:canada:), it should be out on the 9th.

Edit: Fixed release date.

Krakhan fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 8, 2012

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Maybe the hold up is reverse engineering TTT2's netcode :laugh:

Better yet, issues with trying to integrate GGPO to replace their current netcode. I can always dream, right? :v:

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

interrodactyl posted:

Hi goons.

Who else is going to EVO?

I will also be at Evo this year. I was somehow magically able to get the time off this year to go.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

interrodactyl posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:Goons that are attending EVO.:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

We're making a LINE chatroom for groupchat so you can know where other goons are playing games.

idongs: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/line/id443904275?mt=8

andorks: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.naver.line.android

Once you register, go to: Settings > Profile > User ID.

Set a User ID and post it in this thread and we'll invite you to the groupchat. You can check the messages in the chatroom to figure out what other goons are doing/playing and generally keep in touch with your spergy forum citizens over the weekend.

Okay, I've done this too. I have been chilling at the Paris for a good part of today already. My user id for this LINE thing is krakhan.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

X2 was sweet because Slayer's command throw was an infinite combo and Millia Rage killed you from just knocking you down once and still wasn't as good as Eddie

Not sure what you mean with Millia since she still can kill most characters off one knockdown throughout each revision.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Haitani vs. Sako at EVO 2012 VSav Grand Finals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T1wQx3G3I4

Nice! Now if only the top 8 Evo 2013 matches of vampire savior were posted on youtube as well.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Wapole Languray posted:

gently caress it, bought. Is there an accepted way to find goons to play with, by which I mean goons to teach me the game by womping my rear end into the dust like a furious fistnado?

Try the #goonsgarden irc channel on irc.synirc.net. There's usually some people on there that are up for games.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Kuai posted:

Yo......
http://ggxrd.com/character/faust/
Can't wait to afro some dudes in 3d

I am extremely hype for Xrd now too because of this. His move set is his complete one he had before Accent Core, with two new moves while in the pogo stance (up and down). Can't wait to see the leaked location test videos of him in action soon.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
I'd take you all on in Windjammers. I did win the Goonbats tournament for it after all.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

uncleKitchener posted:

Pote looks good in Xrd, but the decisions they've made regarding Faust is weird. His transition from +R to Xrd was pretty seamless and he even got new tools to use.

Actually, #Reload Faust to Xrd was the seemless transition, not counting his new move and new items. Although his main game plan has been the same since XX (and has always been solid and strong), he's not the same character from +R, since his gattles and combo options in +R allowed him to do a lot more than compared to #Reload. This is especially because of him no longer having access his godly force breaks.

From watching all of the Faust footage, I wonder why Arc Sys thought he needed a better f.S and 2H button, since they were already solid before. It's like they took away his big weakness of his slow recovering normals on whiff in Xrd. With YRCing whiffed normals, he's quite a monster. The most abusive one I've seen is 5D YRC for the strike invincibility, and then react with whatever.

If history is anything to go by, he'll probably continue to be a good character since his gameplan is fundamentally solid to begin with.

Krakhan fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 22, 2014

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

uncleKitchener posted:

I'm just happy they didn't give him the Reload Pogo FRC because that think was fyaked and the person who came up with that should have their fingernails removed.

That was XX, but ya it was overall a good thing that it got removed there. Nowhere near as bad as Eddie's S drill FRC though, oy.

What I think was worse about Faust in XX was his f.S > 2D and 2H > 2D gattles he had. With a really fast and far reaching f.S, it was quite dumb how you could get easy knock downs.

In general though, vanilla XX seemed to be really crazy fun, but rather borked.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Here's some combos people have come up with for Sol in Xrd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_7OZZYf4g

And also on that note, a nice +R combo video for Sol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J5acYfyczc

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
The most interesting thing about the whole macro thing is how they could also have unintended, game changing side effects due to buggy implementations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ieM4l3lYU

So here's a bug with macro that has gone unnoticed in all GGXX console ports for over 10 years (or I think so anyways, since I reproduced this on the PS2 version of GGX2), and only discovered in the past 6 months. Needless to say, the thread on Dustloop discussing it turned out to be quite a shitstorm.

Krakhan fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 16, 2014

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

engage posted:

Is anyone playing GG:AC+R on PSN? I'd like to start playing it but it feels like the most of the time I'm just staring at the player lobby.

I go on as well to try to get some matches too, though it's definitely hard to do. Are you in Eastern of Midwest North America? If so (so it won't be too laggy), hit me up on in the #goonsgarden irc channel on synirc or however and we can try playing some matches.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You don't even have to do the rom switcheroo thing, they just straight-up have a 3S lobby again.

And there's now an unsupported lobby too so you can use whatever game you want with others to not ruin the other lobbies.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

interrodactyl posted:

is sf4 a roguelike???

No, but guilty gear is sometimes whenever a Faust match gets played. Those random items!

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Have Capcom license a new Darkstalkers game to them, since arc sys could probably do a reasonably good job of having play similar to Vampire Savior with the Xrd engine.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

be still my heart

You should get in #goonsgarden more often so we can play more vsav on GGPO. I need practice against the yeti!

Edit: And what Lou Begas said.

Krakhan fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 19, 2014

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Faust is also supposed to be a doctor. However, others say that he's more like a wizard with his shenanigans, which I agree 100% with too. Part of the fun of playing him, after all!

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
On that note, for anyone interested in Guilty Gear, there was a tutorial for Accent Core released in the past 2 years that covers the basic systems and mechanics. A lot of it is applicable to Xrd too, except for some XX stuff like FRCs and impossible dusts (replaced by YRCs and Corner 6D combos respectively), and some AC/+R specific stuff, mainly force breaks and slashbacks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I83GsQGg6U

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-: Why RC Edition

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Beef Waifu posted:

Everyone play Windjammers, god dammit.

I want to have another goon tournament for this game to prove I am still the best at it.~

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Since every new fighting game is slower than the last, I think Street Fighter 6 will be turn based

So it will be the actual Yomi game that David Sirlin originally developed? Horrifying...

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Sarchasm posted:

It's an Attack on Titan arcade game. Hope no one had their hopes up for Darkstalkers.

Thank god it's not Darkstalkers. With how even Street Fighter V is going, I wouldn't want the same fate to happen there too.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

lol if you havent placed top 3 in a tournament and are posting in this thread

I guess I'm actually qualified for posting in this thread after winning a +R tournament lately.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Quoting this again since it's still awesome even with Xrd out.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Shut up, quit making GBS threads up the threads I actually read and go back to FYAD already.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Faust is a jerk in AC+R.~

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Yes, good ol' +R!

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
There does seem to be a bit more input delay for sure. Had a bit of issues with FRCs in training mode that I normally hit fine on PS3.

One thing I haven't tried is Aero when its running like I did with #R and seeing if that helps, or playing in full screen mode.

I tried about 10 matches total, 7 with Jordo, and it seems playable at 3 bars but not as good as on PS3.

That's my impression, otherwise seems to be what you'd expect out of a console port for it.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Give me Dizzy too please.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

BlueKingBar posted:

What grapplers actually are fun? I haven't found one. Even when you take out 720 motions and the like you still get Talos, who is also Not Fun.

Every Vampire Savior character.

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Fereydun posted:

darkstlakers reboot preview

Tabs, I normally like your image responses but this one makes me sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Well, that was entertaining at least. A+, would read a similar meltdown again.

• Locked thread