Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

That's why reply girls was a thing, boobs got clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Unless you paid 10s of thousands for it direct from the swordsmith in Japan, your 100% authentic katana is gonna be a pressed steel piece of poo poo.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Man, I don't remember this part of Twin Peaks.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Nauta posted:

What the gently caress is a -kun?

Japanese honorific put at the end of a name. It's SUPPOSED to be for young boys though, or someone addressing their junior, status wise.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The Monkey Man posted:

Convention panels are awkward, anime convention panels more so, and this "History of Lolis" panel is probably the worst of all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qVIuuR1EFs&t=11s

EDIT: Here's the same panel at another convention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlewd-Uus2c

There's no way I'm gonna click that video but the girl on the pillow in the still for the first video is supposed to be around 10 years old...

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

What the gently caress man. What happened to shame? Like, do these people have none at all? Not even a tiny bit?

The internet happened. Now they know they aren't alone.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Uggggggggh. drat it Japan, stop it. Don't make us put you in the corner.

It's really more like they are cold and mean to you AT FIRST, but then grow to love you. It's more of a character development than just character.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Their obsession with panties comes from them not having them until contact with the west, and then for a long time after only prostitutes wore them. So panties were a sexual thing before a practical thing, and it stuck.

Also I believe this is that Cracked article http://www.cracked.com/article_19098_6-wtf-japanese-trends-you-can-blame-white-guys_p2.html

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

tacodaemon posted:

You can actually listen to that '70s album here (scroll down). Gary's some kind of psychotherapist now and that's his website. Note that one of the songs on the album is even about the little red phonebook he has tucked in the front of his waistband on the album cover! The album is somehow simultaneously better and worse than I was expecting from the cover.

That song being a cover of a Burt Bacharach song, and THIS being the definitive version of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-SuGfLhqo4

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Magres posted:

Swing didn't start until the 1930s and wasn't really a 'thing' until the late 30s and early 40s. Why must these people on being so aggressively and terribly stupid? :sigh:

And it already DID come back and those were dark times.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

It's a cloaca.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

DStecks posted:

Doesn't Pamperchu have a legit mental disorder?

He grabs adult diapers from the dumpster, microwaves them, then wears them. What do you think?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Crow Jane posted:

Isn't there a picture somewhere of a bunch of Hetalia fans seig-heiling in front of a Holocaust memorial?

Yes

This one is a gas chamber

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Inspector Zenigata posted:

He's a suburban New Yorker whose great grandfather was supposedly Irish, so of course he talks all the time about his heritage. I don't think he really understands that there's a difference between Ireland and England, so he talks proudly about feeling totally at home in London, and how he could feel his Irish heritage, when he went there on a week long vacation like five years ago. Dude's a moron.

I've been to Dublin and London and they aren't that much alike other than being "not America".

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Those Weber cooks videos are supposed to be meant for college students on a budget and yet still somehow out sad even the saddest bachelor meal.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Do they advertise like they do in Japan? Over there they get one of the girls to go out into the street and talk people into coming in.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Sup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Whiskey Sours posted:

The best part about this picture is that fedora dude is easily the least awkward person in it.

Rowan Atkinson Jr?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Looks like a butter sculpture.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

He looks NOTHING like Russel Brand. Are scientists going to have to do a study on goon face blindness or something? Goddamn.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

rldmoto posted:

That girl has a shirt that says "I HEART FEMALE ORGASMS."

I bet all those dudes are bonin' her. There's the real A/U/G.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/AEXmEhw.jpg :nws:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

It looks like its clay. Anyway, I believe that one of the Gooncamps ruined the property they were on because of how much trash they generated. While another one got shut down by cops because of complaints.

FYAD called the cops on them because they were all planning on doing an enormous amount of drugs and someone was gonna end up dead.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Remember when FYAD called the cops and prevented a suicide? I do.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Druggachusettes posted:

Is there still a GoonCon? Is that still a thing?
The last one I remember a post about ended up embarrassingly tiny.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Haverchuck posted:

Fyad also narced out that guy in gbs who was going to gently caress with his neighbors cable or something potentially starting a fire.

He DID start a fire. A neighbors house caught fire because of that thing he plugged into the electrical box, just not THE neighbor.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Is that the guy that got beat up in a McDonanld's?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Squallege posted:

What kinda library has loving Naruto in it?

Mine had Ranma and Evangelion? They have all kinds of poo poo.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

No one do that, thank you.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Cosima posted:

For serious, the original picture is a Photoshop right?

Pretty clearly

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Nevermind, she's real and I found her Twitter account and it's sad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

nutranurse posted:

How do you manage to play so many percussion instruments and still have no rhythm?

He was nowhere near the beat at any point what the gently caress. And all the comments on the video are glowing praise.

• Locked thread