Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:scotland::glomp:

"You're going to be...amazing."
Probably gonna roll with this build: http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/gc3-2/

Emphasis is on being strong in a gunfight with buffs in ARs and Shotguns, supporting with a maxed out pair of ammo bags with the option to switch to double med if need be and be a supporter of a more dedicated Ghost (option for a basic level 1 ECM as well). I wanted to avoid the more gimmicky "fun" things like Joker and Stockholme Syndrome.

TenementFunster posted:

Release the FN FNC, Overkill

You can get a handguard which changes the AK5 one to the FNCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

AciddTripp posted:

Sure, here you go:

^ bear in mind that the optics are usually placed on forward mounts on the AKs and M308, they tend to be placed closer to the viewer's eye - and therefore have a bigger sight picture on other ARs.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169206327#127440

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

People that agonize over which of the three completely hidden and random cards to pick. :saddowns:

But there's a logic to it you see, a friend of a mate of a guy who he knows told him that you can influnce the drop by standing on one leg and spinning around three times then typing in the name of the card you want, it works I know it!!!

In other news a few of my friends have figured out grinding overkill heists with shaped charges, being in and out within seconds to minutes. At the very least it'll get me further up on the skill tree skipping some of the money/level grind which I didn't like to begin with but I still feel completely filthy doing it.

Longer heists are still fun as gently caress as are bank heists, but tiny one day quick payoff shaped charge be out before the cops get here stuff is quickly getting old.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Feeble posted:

I finally got some decent mods to use on the AK7.62, switched and never looked back.

Lordy yes. I've tried all of the ARs now and the AK7.62 is a halfway house between an AR and the M308, it's a monster at range has a respectable ammo capacity and it's slow rate of fire makes tap firing very easy.

40 rounds total means I don't really like the m308, but the AK is the next best thing.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

You know, I hope these 5+ DLC packs coming out are all involved multi-day heists and none of them can be done in 30 seconds by saw/shaped charge.

Longer heists are what I played Payday 1 for, none of this smash and grab repeat fifty times grinding treadmill numbers bullshit.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah, you can hipfire a high mobility gun while vaulting out of the nightclub second floor, and your first shots will still go to the center of you screen like a laser.

Could you look up accuracy and recoil while you're at it? I think recoil is how bad your bloom is with each shot fired while accuracy is how fast it recovers, but it could be the opposite or something else. Maybe one controls the maximum size of your bloom.

Accuracy strikes me as shot spread tightness on the first shot. Recoil is the vertical kick.

Kinda why the UAR is really good for tap-firing headshots miles away whereas a modded CAR4 allows for man-size groupings at the same distance while firing bursts and is really a lot easier to control.

Personally the main thing I focus on when upgrading guns is getting the recoil down, anything else is just secondary.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Foehammer posted:

I think Firestarter might be my favorite job right now. It's a nice mix of balls-to-the-wall firefights and sneaking, with a decent payout at the end. Framing Frame is also fun but incredibly demoralizing when your host gives up and quits after failing the third day for the 10th time.

That's only for a third day as well. Notice the number of days meter goes up to like eight days or something.

Just finish the seventh day and the host has to go get his own chocolate milk and drops? Progress pretty much gone on whatever mythical multi-day DLC mad heist they're developing.

Host migration for fucks sake.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Regarding Joker, am I right in guessing that you can only have one active Cop-pet at any time? Trying to convert another says your "Persuasion Was Resisted".

Does this mean that if you have two dudes with Joker, you can potentially have two Cop-pets running around? Up to four technically if you have a team specced out with it?

In other news, I'm wanting to get myself way higher level asap so I went from Mastermind/Enforcer to Shaped Charge technician. I tend to play with a bunch of friends when heisting properly but I'll not subject friends to grinding, I'll do that on my own time. I'd just rather be a higher level when it comes time to start rolling whatever new heists OK starts throwing at us.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Would....extended mag give you more than two shots with the Mosconi? :stare:

Bulletstorm Mosconi aside ofc

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

beedeebee posted:

Also, I noticed yesterday that cops will steal your money if you're not paying attention. I just threw some bags on the roof, thinking they'd be safe there. And suddenly I see an orange outline, slowly walking away. This game :)

THEY'RE STEALIN ARE CHEESE :bahgawd:

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

I did speedruns to get some of the XP mountain climb out of the way.

I don't enjoy levelling and unlocking and all that artificial RPG playtime extension horseshit. I'd rather be level 100 right now with all the skill points to play with as I please so I can get on with heisting.

I put in most of my playtime in Payday 1 after I hit Level 145.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Feeble posted:

Gotta say, while I've generally enjoyed playing with pubbies the one thing that's begin to piss me off is the incredibly common belief among them that carrying bags to the exit means you don't keep the bags, which they seem to cling to with the same fervor that the pope believes in god. I had one idiot refuse to leave an overkill ukranian job while we were under heavy fire because he was convinced, just convinced that I wouldn't be taking a single bag of jewelery with me.

Yesterday I'd have kicked him so I wouldn't have had to wait out an assault.

Today I am rolling in money and levels thanks to beefier multi day heists.

I am so down with everything in this patch.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

DatonKallandor posted:

The XP buff for multi-day missions is huge improvement for people who play the game properly.

Yep. I'm much happier with thexp grind method being longer and more difficult heists cos I am sick to loving death of 35 second smash and grabs.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

"Mosconi" is Italian for The Middle Finger Of God.

It's hugely damaging and has a tight as hell shot spread. This leads to occasions where missing is possible, but it's not a shotgun for people who can miss and those it does hit are basically loving wrecked. Not knocked down on their rear end ready to keep coming at you some more ala Reinfeld, capital W Wrecked.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

I'm noticving a discrepancy between the In game workings for Fully Loaded and how Skill calculators show it.

Apparently you now carry more starting ammo with the skill, rather than having increased mag capacity, leading to like 225 bullets carried for the JP36. :stare: Say what you will about it's relative weakness, that's a lot of holdout firepower. It also puts the AK7.62 up to 116 which is great the Krinkov up to 75 and the Mark10 up to 100. Softens the blow a bunch on the low ammo count of those weapons.

Blunt Force Trauma posted:

I'm kind of weird though the only other primary I can tolerate is the JP36 which is criminally underrated just because its per-shot damage is low :smith: Stellar accuracy/recoil/ammo efficiency on that thing.

I just discovered the G36 recently, my word. Upgrading that thing gives you the easiest handling rifle in the game. I want more mods for it that pulls down it's recoil even more.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Just had a very surreal session chilling in a goon TS channel. If anyone was there I'm Ginger Chris, I'm really not a racial supremacist and yes I am actually ginger :v:

and I'm sorry I called you a bunch of "pubbies" it should have been "filthy pubbies"

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Bulletstorm is a really underappreciated skill for a measly one skill point. In a bad situation? Running out of ammo or you've a room full of dudes? Need to cross a street to a getaway van? Plop down your ammo bag and shoot wildly for six whole goddamn seconds at the cost of absolutely no ammo, then you have an ammo bag to reload from.

Recommended guns: Mosconi, Loco, AK7.62, Mark10, IZHMA, Bronco STRYK 18c :unsmigghh:

kloa posted:

So what's everyone's favorite AR? I want to use the AMCAR but holy poo poo does it run out of bullets fast. I'm using the CAR4 and it seems to have the best balance overall for loud/silence builds.

AK7.62. I recall reading stats that put it at double the damage of a CAR4 (therefore double your average AR) and half the damage of an M308. It's a hard-hitting bastard with full auto capability. Tap fire at range, open up when there's a bulldozer about to manmeat you.

JP36 is also good for having truckloads of ammo and when modded becomes a bit of a laser, but if you're up against V Hard or Overkill, the armour strength of the enemies means that advantage gets wasted.

Insert name here posted:

AKM M16 AUG LR 300 AK-74
As a gun nerd also, I get that you prefer to call these guns what they are but it gets confusing for people who aren't TFR nerds so I personally prefer calling these guns by their in-game name.

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Aug 25, 2013

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:frogc00l:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6owp-hWpc

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Lasher posted:

Do the skills cross all the classes? Will I still get my Enforcer shotgun perks playing as a Tech for example? I only ask because I didn't realise before diving in that techs get cheaper weapons and masks.

The game doesn't really have classes so you never really play as a Tech/Enforcer/Ghost/Mastermind per se, you can just buy whatever skills you have the skillpoints, money and access to.

For instance I have maxed out Enforcer but am also dumping points into Mastermind cos that is where the fun stuff is, I know guys who have almost all of the basic skills across the four trees.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

:allears: Man, I remember in Payday 1 when the Loco was "a piece of poo poo ugh why would you use that except for a joke UGH you offend my MLG skills, literally NO LITERAL REASON to use anything other than GL40"

Now lil loco done all grown up :D

Fabricated posted:

I could see people using it on overkill regularly with rifle-focused skills.
I did a more experimental respec today just to see what life is like at maxed out mastermind and if I'm being terribly honest, Kilmer and Ace doesn't seem much worth it. Even guns like the JP36 kick the sights around due to their firing animations even if the recoil doesn't push the sights vertical at all. Faster reload is nice but eh, not as much use as it is for the shotguns in enforcer.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

We're not the first, we're not the best, this isn't the most original idea but goddamn it WE loving did it. Stealthing Overkill Framing Frame for the first time felt so fuckin good me and buddies decided to leave a present for the senator in the vault and one guard with a lot of explaining to do.

I do like my alienware mask, it's so 80s :allears:

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Rapdawg posted:

Yeah, which is a shame- I'm primarily a Ghost but damned if most of my points have to go into Mastermind.

12 points. That's all you need to put into Mastermind. Smooth Talker Basic and Dominator Basic.

That'll allow you to answer up to four pagers and intimidate a fifth guard. You can now go balls deep cray cray into Ghost and be all sneaky sneak

EDIT: What are the new values for the silenced weapon abilities? I had heard that they'd changed.

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 25, 2013

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

The problem is, the game seems to have been designed around the idea that a crew with one of each class can handle anything a job throws at them - an idea that the game immediately undermines by letting you spread your points around. Why spec full ghost for sneaking around punching guards while your mastermind trails behind answering pagers, when you can just spec half ghost/half mastermind and do both jobs yourself? Obviously it'd be harder to do that if they moved the essential talents deeper into the trees, but then you'd be screwed for the first 40 levels.

While the balance for the skill trees isn't perfect, if somebody plans to go ghost/mastermind then there's only the opportunity cost of the other awesome poo poo in the rest of the trees that they're not going to get.

That said: http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/gc_ouch/

The plan:
-Sneaky sneak and assist a ghost as much as possible, answer pagers, kill guards silently, carry 2x non-upgraded med/ammo bags.
-Wear biggest armour, have movement speed buffs, be a typical enforcer in a gunfight, roll AR/Mosconi and Loco with reload benefits for both.
- Purposely drop below 40% health, let my armour recharge and have double damage forever.

EDIT: Wait a minute, if I have my damage doubled and I activate Overkill via shotgun does that mean I have this?

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 25, 2013

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

I've had guards on the floor below me on day 3 framing frame hearing guards die when shot even with the Shinobi Ace skill, which is bullshit and needs fixing, but does meleeing guards actually make less noise than shooting them?

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

I don't know what that is, is that just Euro slang for gold ingot because if so a lot and let me tell you about the disparity of wealth
A cheese toastie is just cheese on toast. You're right to be wary of dumbass londoner cockney slang innit guv :britain:

Likely referring to the cheese sandwiches :v:

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 26, 2013

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Lemon Curdistan posted:

gently caress no. The Mosconi is balanced out by the fact that it has tight spread
This is not a balancing factor for a massively damaging gun.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Pilchenstein posted:

While we're on the subject of Framing Frame, the laser field is kind of a lovely addition. ECM jammer doesn't disable it and there's no switch to turn it off in the security room. It turns off when guards pass through it, but you can't kill a guy as he's passing through the doorway - the lasers just come back on as soon as he dies. I'm going to go on now and try dominating a guard as he's in passing through - I'll report back in a moment.

Splinter Cell chaos theory method of carrying the guard's body as you pass through the lasers? :v:

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

So much of the skills in this game you can get if you're smart and efficient about how you place skill points. Spend only as many points as you need to get access to the next tier up in the tree and not 1 skill point more and think REALLY hard about whether you need particular 4 or 8-point skills.

I respecced away from the shield bash skill because it's eight whole points I could put elsewhere, same with a lot of other ace skills. Suddenly I'm covering three whole skilltrees.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

I play this game to watch numbers increase beep boop NOTHING ELSE MATTERS make numbers go up faster beep beep

In other news, totally tempted by Silent Killer now that it gives a chance to armour pierce, but as the Ace version gives 20% damage increase to silenced weapons, does that nullify the silencer damage reduction completely or nearly so? Anybody any idea on the numbers for damage reduction for silencers?

GeeCee fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 28, 2013

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Now that we've got SnafuAl, our regular objectives/mastermind/ghost support dude back and I regularly play alongside a fully tricked out bunch of Enforcers, I'm planning on having some fun with little robot friends: http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/gctechenf/

Two double-damage increased-ammo turrets? Now I finally get to see if upgrading them makes them less worthless. (Drawback being shields ofc)

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

I tried to like Berserker ace, I really did, but i just didn't really notice any major difference in cops going down faster.

Overkill basic remains near mandatory though GADDOOM

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Tank armour + Tier 4 Ghost movement speed bonus is the epitome of :unsmigghh:

Dropping my interest in mastermind and tech poo poo in favour of Silent Killer and any reload/recoil/damage perk I can get my mitts on. If Ghost Professional Basic and Aced stack with MM Leadership then my guns will basically have no recoil as long as they're silenced. :D

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Mine must be broken as hell.

What are the odds there'll be a FBI/Fed raid on your safehouse and you have to attack your own safehouse and drag your own money out of the vault after thermal-drilling it?

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I would hope we know the combination to our own safe!

"1234", right?

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

For my money the IZHMA needs a higher rate of fire and less recoil, make it a running room broom rather than give it any kind of accuracy that would render the Reinfeld redundant. I wouldn't give it much in the way of range buffs.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Suppression is a great way to simply keep cops from advancing. I remember standing in the middle of the airfield on Firestarter overkill armed with an empty amr16 and a full Bernetti and maxed suppression. I was holding off a horde of Heavy Fubbies not necessarily by killing them (though I was getting a few) but by simply forcing them to take cover at the nearest opportunity when they got over the fences. This made life for the lowbies who were escorting the bags from the far hangar a lot easier.

Suppression stops cops from simply strolling up into your face unless they're a special or a shield cos gently caress shields.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

The answer is still to either unfuck the other weapons until they're fun past normal or nerf the tans.

Yep. I don't mind their HP, it's the fact you can hit them and do exactly zero damage. Even a body armour hit should do some damage in my view. I'd accept the game being made more difficult in other ways if they turned off headshot only mode for those guys.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

The funny thing is, their arms and legs look pretty exposed but you can't do poo poo to them there, either. It's bullshit and it makes having a full-auto gun more of a liability than an asset, since you need every round to hit a tiny area. Combined with how little ammo you get for the stronger ARs, there's no reason to take anything that can't 1-2 shot them.

Actually I've found myself going away from the m308 and Bronco and similar purely because I am not so great at popping single headshots on a moving target, I either whip out the loco for increased chance to hit anyway or use an assault rifle so when I miss (when not if) it hurts me a lot less ammo-pool-wise.

Also Milspec Scope on a recoil-modded AK7.62 makes it a rock-steady headshot tapping monster.

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

Trustworthy posted:

Well gently caress. I'm tight on mask space, so obviously I've been getting rid of anything I know I'm not going to make use of. But this morning I did something I normally don't do; I sold a particularly lovely mask BEFORE assembling it; from the screen of available masks. Because, you know, it was an option, and it seemed like that option was going to behave normally.

But upon selling the unassembled mask from this screen, it gave me my $4000 or whatever (who cares), but it didn't clear the spot. It simply decreased the [i]quantity[i] of that mask available from 1 to 0. Now I don't seem to have any way to delete it. There's nothing to assemble; no options at all. It's just sitting there, clogging up my available masks screen.

Any ideas? Am I just screwed until one day I happen to earn that mask again, and can assemble and delete it properly? If that would even work?

:smith:

Leave the screen and come back to it? That works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeeCee
Dec 16, 2004

The dozers in PD2 are certainly tougher than PD1 they just look a little less huge and awesome.

The tasers are nowhere near as taser happy as they were in the first game, that's really what made them a threat. Poke your head out for a few seconds in the presence of a taser and you're getting tased. Now while they're tougher to kill they wait way longer to start tasing you.

And there are no Cloakers (yet? ever?) so you newbies to Payday never got to experience a Sam Fisher coming out of loving nowhere and one-shot meleeing you or a minor army of the fuckers dropping out of a vent shaft and wiping your team.

• Locked thread