Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pentyne posted:

drat, was that Barrowman's real voice with that insane Scottish accent?

Kind of. Barrowman lived a lot of his formative years in the US (I want to say Ohio?) so the accent he used in the show is how he talks much of the time, but he and the rest of his family are from the West of Scotland, so that accent is pretty much how he talks when he shifts into that accent from his childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Do you have a Batsignal?

Does a giant symbol of someone posting something you don't like just appear in the sky?

Don't be silly. He saw the Arrowsignal.

(Yes, that was a thing in the comics...)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, like in the 50's..

Some of us respect the Silver Age and it's blatant ripping off of things that were popular. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

XboxPants posted:

It's a great direction to go not just for his growth as a person, but for his growth in fighting ability, too. It's a lot easier to fight bad dudes if you're willing to fight on their level and just smoke them. He's gonna have to step up his game if he's gonna go up against criminals without killing them while they're trying to murder him right in the face. If only he had a bunch of sidekicks or hot vigilante girls to back him up...

(hmm, I just realized Felicity is basically Oracle. And I'm okay with that)

There has apparently been some talk of a pseudo-Birds of Prey episode, which I assume would slot Felicity into Barbara's role from the comic. (Although it ruins the blonde/brunette/redhead gimmick)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Maybe Felicity runs out of dye?

Actually, I'd be fine with it if, for that one episode alone, she shows up with red hair. Ollie and Dig look at her quizzically as she enters the Arrowcave, and nothing else is ever said about it, nor when she's back to blonde the next week.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Huh... I figured they were going the Anne Hathaway Catwoman route, glasses or goggles to cover her face, but nope, full-on domino mask.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There was also some talk that the colour's being ditched because Green Lantern bombed, so WB figured it sounded too similar and had negative connotations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

The annoying doctor from Firefly is coming to Starling City as Shrapnel.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/10/23/firefly-alum-sean-maher-joins-arrow-as-villain

Oh, sweet. Sean Maher was really good as a douchey bad guy in Whedon's Much Ado.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Daric posted:

When Diggle and Felicity flew into the island in the opener, who was flying the plane?

Edit: and how did they get off the island?

They radioed for a boat? Presumably Ollie didn't literally strand himself again, he could've left at any time, he just didn't want to.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

etalian posted:

Part of being a super-hero is cutting the amount of time wasted on laundry day?

Well, if Felicity won't fetch coffee, she sure as hell isn't picking up his dry-cleaning.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I saw someone recently suggest Alexander Siddig as someone who'd be within the show's budget and also be a great Ra's. It's one of those 'of course' fantasy casting ideas, I feel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

Alex Kingston was right! :aaaaa: :v:

Spoilers, dear! :smug:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TheManWithNoName posted:

Also Chloe Sullivan in Smallville was basically Oracle and worked out of a clock tower.

That was a twofer, as she was also kind of in charge of the Justice League, which often has a Watchtower.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TheChad posted:

I just hope that ninjas become the new villain of the week type.

Though I will miss Ollie beating up corrupt millionaires while yelling, "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY."

I'm thinking the Brother Blood thing is building to that.

"SEBASTIAN BLOOD! YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CI-" *Arrow is attacked by ninjas/zombies/junkies/mutant chimps*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Can we stick Laurel into Sara's body and then kill off Laurel's body? That's effectively the same thing.

Just reveal they're actually identical twins and Sarah can take over Laurel's life.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Kind of an odd choice.

It honestly sounds like someone pitching a bog standard sci-fi procedural, a la Early Edition/Seven Days/Tru Calling and some executive figured they could punch it up by adding some of those comic book property thingies the kids like.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Next time on Arrow, Black Canary starts breakdance fighting.

Honestly? They could probably use her dance background and throw some capoeira into the fight scenes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

qbert posted:

I interpreted it differently. She's "Canary" which still leaves room for Laurel to become "Black Canary"!

I'm kind of expecting that to happen with Oliver, actually. Have the League send a bunch of copycat archers so the media/cops need to differentiate the real 'Arrow' from the fakes, maybe by the colour of his fletching and outfit?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

At this point I think they're building to a heartwarming scene where the Arrow is rushing off to risk his life and Lance lets on that he knows as he's going.

"Oh, hi Oliver, there's this terrible hostage crisis downtown... Just thought I, a recovering alcoholic, would stop by your nightclub to grab a Coke first... "

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Do you think cold matters to the abs on Amell? I doubt it.

No, but the little girl's in a summer dress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

UberAaron posted:

I would support this.

Hey, the actor's worked for Warner/DC before! :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Barrowman :argh: was feeling pretty wired. He wanted to take her home and eat her pussy.

:golfclap:

(For those that missed the reference.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

League of Assassins is canon. League of Shadows is poo poo.

The first time the League is mentioned is when Sara tells ollie, Diggle and Felicity about it.
When she kills that dude in the clock tower the League isn't mentioned at all, he says "Ra's Al Ghul orders your return"

Then there was the slightly comical doubling back and it became "the CHILD of Ra's" the next week. And now it's back to Ra's himself... though that might just be Johns not reading the updates to the show bible.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The movie itself isn't THAT bad but is all over the place, it feels like three really good movies pasted together to make a mediocre one.

Yeah, Ryan Reynolds' character in the movie has like... 3 different arcs depending on who he's talking to and none of them really pay off. It's more a failure due to being a mess and compromised between the space opera and traditional Earthbound superhero stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

A month.

Though in the show it's just short for Cindy.

It should be Sindy then.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He can be the hilarious grouchy bartender that Thea hires.

"Ya want Sex on the Beach, do ya? I haven't had sex in 10 friggin' years ya little sumbitch... That'll be $12.35!"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drifter posted:

Legit, if it was revealed Merlyn did this as well as futzing with the jury later on in the season I would give mad writing props to the writers.

Unfortunately I REALLY doubt this would be the case.

But still, it would be nice.

:negative:

I really, really want Plan C to have been "Get myself elected DA", because that's exactly the kind of comic book crazy I think the show and BARROWMAN!!!:argh: can pull off.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drifter posted:

Careful quoting spoilers. It despoilers.

So what weapon do you think Roy'll end up with, or do you think they'll just have him go all Casey Jones with a baseball bat or hockey stick - since he has super strength?

So you think he'll have a whole arsenal? :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Warmachine posted:

He'd need a whole Arsenal of wooden goontanas, seeing as he'll be breaking one each time he hits something. :v:

How else will we know he's full of super-juice?!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dead Snoopy posted:

True, I just think that JC is such an incredible story and Slade has already stated he's playing the long game that the writers would be remiss not to crib as much as possible from that story. I also think that a certain point somebody else is going to have to be moved off the board as a casualty of Oliver's crusade and Thea would be a devastating loss, more so than Tommy.

The problem is that arc would also make the whole reveal of Thea being Malcolm's daughter completely pointless. Their plans for her are clearly with :argh: BARROWMAN! :argh:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GOT VIRUS FROM MP3 posted:

I'm sure the Chief TerminatorTechnical Officer will show up next episode to remind Ollie.

Season finale is Lena Headey guest starring and trying to convince Ollie that Isobel is a robot from the future who wants to enslave mankind.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ded posted:

He looks a bit different. His face is not quite so puffy.

Must've learned his lesson from stealing those cupcakes in Messina.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xealot posted:

Pretty much. Which is why I also anticipate the way he and Ollie's "Batman/Robin" relationship will work out is that Ollie ends up training him in archery, as a metaphor for discipline and self-improvement without drugs. To keep the needle out of his arm, and probably also to create a "Red Arrow" persona.

...I kind of want it to be Thea that pushes him to pick up a bow. Or at least he's practicing and she just fixes his stance, or tells him he's nocking the arrows wrong.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

In season 1 there was a scene where it was revealed that Thea had won Archery contests, so clearly she had been practicing it as a sport during Highschool.

She shoots BARROWMAN from 100 yards away, Ollie stares open-mouthed...

"What? I had a life when you were marooned, you know."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

If it's a one scene cameo in Superman/Batman, I don't see why you wouldn't use Amell. It'd be fanservice of the right variety. It doesn't distract anyone who doesn't watch the show, but fans get a nice little "Hey, it's the version from TV!" moment that gives the character some background.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I would be so down for this. Diggle and May glaring at each other :allears:

Felicity rolling her eyes at Skye and Fitz/Simmons before shoving them away from her computer in the Arrowcave.

madstrike posted:

He also just posted this on FB:

Something really good is coming on this ep, it seems.

I bet he means Slade's new costume. Which from the preview last week, looks really close to how it currently does in the comics.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Or more likely it's about patience and learning to control his rage.

Yep. Oliver will probably tell him: "Do this until I come back and say to stop." and then shake his head when he comes back to find the bowl embedded in a wall.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Honestly I didn't even notice it.

Love that Ollie's solution to every problem is shooting it with an arrow. Locked hatch? Arrow it.

Also "WHAT COLOR. ARE YOUR SHOES." was an outstanding and hilarious delivery by Amell.

I'm starting to get worried that they are criminally under utilizing Digs. I know they had a big Diggle ep a while ago with the Russia stuff, but he needs to be more integrated and stop just being the dude that says "Oliver, wait".

An episode where Ollie is hurt or captured and Dig has to fake being the Arrow would be cool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OmniBeer posted:

I went to disagree with you, but I remembered the speed that this show works at, so. Yeah.

Nah, they'll hold off until... February. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spergatory posted:

Grant Gustin did an interview recently and though he wasn't allowed to say much, he hinted that they might be working with some interesting new technology for the effects on The Flash. This show seems to put a ton of thought into its effects (which is not the same as putting a ton of money into them), so knowing that they've got some top-secret new toys for The Flash and have already thought up ways to do the speed effects just makes me even more excited for it. :flashfap:

Well, they'll have a bit more money for the pilot of The Flash, and spending it on stuff like potential standing sets, or effects gear that'll be used every week if the show's picked up isn't a bad idea.

• Locked thread