Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

That would be loving awesome-looking with 13x8 Diamond Racing wheels and appropriate Hoosiers. Literal roller-skate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

kastein posted:

:stonk:

I had no intention of this actually happening. I have to say though, you chose the right shirt to wear.

Also I am glad I'm not the only one with a head gasket hanging on my wall.

ExplodingSims, the wiring diagrams are all mismatched, from the wrong years (specifically an issue with the jeep XJ manual, as I recall) and range from dirty lies to a fabulous work of fiction. Among other inaccuracies.

"Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly"
loving liars.
Haynes isn;t half-bad for the first year, but it gets rapidly out of whack as they try (and fail) to update with yearly changes. The first-gen RX-7 manual is hilarious, since there were major changes in '81, and '84, and they try (and again, fail) to cover those changes via appendices. That, and the factory manual for ONE YEAR is thicker than the Haynes that purports to cover 6 years. It's even worse with the one supposedly for my Cutlass, that says it covers '68-'87, which is patently ridiculous, since that's 3 different GENERATIONS of Cutlai. It's like 3/4" thick. The '70 FSM alone is 3" thick, though I will admit it covers E- and B-bodies as well as the A-body. Worse than useless - it's flat out misleading in places.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

If I want to upgrade to 13s I have the choice of '76-79 Accord rims or converting my front knuckles to 2nd gen civic and also making a hybrid 1st gen inner/2nd gen outer CV axle and redrilling my rear drums. The accord rims should be easy to find right? :v:

Basset or Diamond Racing might have or be able to build wheels for you.

Yep. SC series steelies with round holes. 13x5.5 is as small as they go, and you just fill in the bolt pattern. $70/ea., though.
http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/index.php/street-wheels/sc-series

Mini-stock wheels are the same price, and definitely have 4x120 available, according to the description.
http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/index.php/racing-wheels/mini-stock-series

Or, for the low, low price of $995 = $120 shipping, you could have these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAYASHI-RAC...4095b40&vxp=mtr

There are also wheel adapters, depending on how much you fear/loathe those.

This is almost as much fun as finding 4x110mm BC wheels for first-gen RX-7s.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Pungry posted:

Can't you call the Agency or whoever and spawn in a new car? This isn't hard.

I'd go for the Agency SUV in that environment. Reminds me I need to finish Crackdown 2. Too much fun running around whacking punks and muties.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

So here's the inside. It was a little less private than I assumed, but then I had never actually seen the inside so I was taking it as an improvement over curbside any day. It's got no lights inside or outlets, but there are a *ton* of oil stains on the floor already so Tinkering with my streamlight and magnetic base look like we're good to go. Also nothing *specifically* preventing me in my rental agreement, I checked :v:

Who the gently caress builds a garage without power? Don't you Seattle-ites need block heaters and battery chargers, at least?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Galler posted:

Yeah, check out their averages. Seattle is pretty mild year round.

Oh, OK - Seattle = rain, not frozen wasteland. Seems like a fair number of the "idiot drivers on ice" videos were from Seattle, but I guess that was because it was so rare.
Still, no power in a garage? Lights? Odd.
Eh, run an extension cord on a reel out the window, hang lights, plug in with a 3- or 4-way adapter when needed. Roll back up a the end of the working session.
Solar panel + battery + LEDs?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

exempt posted:

I'm the same way. When I had my M3, people would often look really confused when I got out, generally followed by "You need a bigger car." It's also why I hate any used car with memory seats. I'll move the seat so I can get into a car to move it or wash it or whatever, then when the key hits the ignition it feels like I'm in a trash compactor. I also don't go on test drives a lot because back seats and I don't mix well.

*6'8" 255

6'2" 290 (yeah, I need to lose a bit) People are amazed that I drive an RX-7. The second-gen is tight enough, but my first-gen is smaller. Heck, I'm amazed I fit, particularly since both have sunroofs. I'll never heel-and-toe in either until I figure out how to move the seats back a little more, and possibly not even then. Another inch lower as well, and I'd be all kinds of comfy. I'm really enjoying all the room in my daily-driver Cherokee now. Surprisingly for it's size, my '70 Cutlass has lovely legroom - it's all trunk and engine compartment.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Felt like doing something more than just a size comparison. Replaced the cigarette lighter so I can actually charge my phone, fixed the dome lamp (just years of corrosion) and spent a while just scrubbing the dash down removing decades of grime. Removed, cleaned, buffed and detailed the steering wheel.

edit: from the op

Now you need to get some masonite and make some basic door cards. A little vinyl, and you'd have most of an interior!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

My wife's been driving stick since she was 16. When we first started going out, she drove an '86 CRX.

I, on the other hand, learned to drive on a stick-shift '79 rabbit in San Francisco. The third time I got behind the wheel, my dad made me parallel park. In Chinatown. During rush hour. (If you're not familiar with San Francisco: Chinatown is built on one of the city's famous steep hills, has tiny narrow streets, and is absolute gridlock during rush hour.)

Coupled with the stress-aura my dad projects, that experience kind of put me off sticks, so I have mostly driven automatics since then. My current ride is a 2003 Protege5, which has the 'manumatic' so I can select a gear I want when I want to do that, but mostly be lazy and drive in automatic mode for freeway cruising and for comfortable driving on steep hills.

When I met my wife she was driving a '79 Celica 5-speed coupe (wish we'd kept that car,) and has had manuals only since, with the exception of our Astro Van.
My dad taught me the basics on a VW dune buggy when I was, oh, 12 or so, and I refined my skills on my first car: a '79 Fiat 128 sedan. I spent quite while practicing smooth starts and stops. When I finally moved on to gear changes, I was surprised by how easy that was in comparison.

kastein posted:

The first stop after getting in an auto for the first time in months is always rough, I usually nearly put my head through the windshield :v:

Big dumb automatic brake pedals and big feet trying to find a clutch don't go well together.

Been there, done that, more than once.

veedubfreak posted:

I grew up hanging out with old people and air cooled people, so knowing how to drive a clutch was just sort of the default. One time I snapped my clutch cable about 20 miles from home and had to limp the car home. Luckily it had a freshly rebuilt transmission and new starter. Put car in first gear, start car, shift every 3000 rpms and turn car off when next light turns red. Rinse > repeat.

I had to do similar once when the clutch cable mount RIPPED THROUGH THE FIREWALL on my '78 Chevy Monza (legendary GM build quality) and I had to get it to a friend's house where there were tools to build a reinforcing plate. that old Saginaw 4-speed took it in stride. Kind of wish I had kept that car, too.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dang.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Ozmiander posted:

Funny, because that's how some feel about your continued posting. <3

Jesus, guys, if you think Viggen is an awful poster, you need to venture out of AI/SA once in a while.

For the record, I think Saabs are odd, but that's cool. I respect a car company that tried to do it a little differently than everyone else was doing it. I mean, I drive a fricking rotary, for Finagle's sake.

Also, score on that Honda motorbike gas cap, 13. Who'da thunk it?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Viggen posted:

One of us. One of us. One of us. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

You sure seem to be bucking the trend here.

Maybe I just have thicker skin? I dunno. I mean, I've seen dumb posts from a number of people, probably myself included, but nothing to warrant some of the abuse I see handed out. To be fair, even that abuse is milder/more reasonable than the majority of forums out there.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Technically speaking I wasn't fired because Firestone does everything they can to make us leave. I was told today I wasn 't producing enough. I told them I've been trying for months to get them to understand I was willing to produce. I went FOUR loving WEEKS spending every waking moment at that shop grabbing every ticket I could no matter what. I wen home late. I cleaned and organised, and at the end of every one of those four weeks pointed out that I was still pulling in 27-32 hours a week when the other techs were bringing home 50+. I gave them proof that it wasnt my problem. It was theirs and they kept loving me so why should I kill myself trying to pick up scraps. Then they tried to blame me for having a bad attitude the past couple months, i asked them if there was any possible reason I might have been distracted since about Thanksgiving or so. So they told me I was producin enough again and I called them out for me literally already explaining that I tried and they fcked me so I gave up.

Apparently they already put in my transfer to our aurora store. A tow truck showed up to move my box before I had even finished collecting my things.

When I got to Aurora the manager was surprised at how I looked because y boss had told them I'd requested the transfer. The master tech there greeted me with a laugh and a handshake and said I recognise that look you have. Welcome to the end of the line. This shop is where techs go to die.

I may as well have been fired. But they put me in a position where they wont have to. They're basically forcing me to quit because theres too many techs too few bays and not enough work to go around.

Thanks for loving nothing.

Well, poo poo. What a bunch of dicks. I guess this goes along with the chat in the misc. thread about white-collar pansies not appreciating people who actually work with their hands for a living. (Full disclosure: I'm a PC janitor, so technically a white collar pansy, but I do my own auto and home work.)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Where does he get that poo poo? His mind must be an interesting place. Heh, combination cocks. (Oglaf is on my weekly read comics list. so I guess my mind is at least an odd place.)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Red_October_7000 posted:

Also shouldn't that jacket have only one sleeve?

Not until several years after he steals the supercharged cop car and wastes the scoot jockeys who killed his family.

leica posted:

I just took a set of Chinese tires off my Camry because in the rain they were worthless, to the point of me being terrified at times.

Up on CL they go, you wanna risk crashing for cheap tires be my guest.

I'm OK with Kumho Korean tires, though.

e:fb

some texas redneck posted:

They actually still made AM-only radios for 1992? :stonk:

In fleet vehicles, yes. That's the generation of GM truck that used a tuner pack under the dash, a square control head up in the IP, and the tape deck/graphic EQ over in the center of the dash. The AM radio didn't use the tuner pack, and was all contained in the actual square head. Replaced quite a few of them for the nearby Chevy dealership when working for a stereo shop.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

MattD1zzl3 posted:

But seriously 13 inch. Buy that camaro and put a rotary in it. Nothing fast. Just cheap and dirty. its the project i've always wanted to do, or at least see done.

already been done, to a Nova, anyway:
http://www.rx7club.com/old-school-other-rotary-63/1974-13b-re-nova-727207/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUhz2MjT1fE

I love it, but it just sounds so wrong.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea seriously its a thirdgen Camaro, nuff said.

With a 2.8 V6, for extra pain potential.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fart Pipe posted:

On that note I currently own the 86 2.8/5 speed camaro that my dad bought new. DONT JUDGE MY ENGINE. No t-tops though :(

Could be worse. GM actually put an Iron Duke in the early ones. Blew my mind when I went to help a friend of a friend with their Firebird, and there was a FOUR CYLINDER in there.

Black88GTA posted:

Not sure if this car is auto or 5-speed, but 350 was automatic only, because the :siren:WORLD CLASS-T5:siren: couldn't handle the pavement-wrinkling torque of an '80s 350. Also, the 350 cars develop a crack in the metal right at the upper corners of the door windows because the wet noodly chassis flexes and twists like a motherfucker unless you add subframe connectors to it. This may not be an issue with the T-Top cars - they just leak instead.

That said, mine has a 383 and weld-in SFCs :agesilaus:

FWIW, second-gens do this too.

Tommychu posted:

It's loving bizarre, but one of the toughest SBC swaps is into a car that had the SBC as a factory option.
I did this swap in... 2007? So it's not exactly fresh in my mind. FI 2.8 to Gbody carb SBC, slushboxes all around. From what I recall:
That torque arm thing that ties the diff to the transmission is the main issue. The transmission is a primary rear end locating member on these stupid cars (because sweet burnouts).
You need the transmission out of a V8 F-car, because the existing transmission has the FWD bell pattern but you still need somewhere for the big stupid arm to bolt up. You can swap the tailshaft/slip yoke housing onto a non-F transmission under some circumstances, but poo poo gets weird elsewhere if you do.
Motor mount clamshells will bolt right up, the bosses are pre-drilled on the subframe for all 3 engines. But the engine side of the mount is F-specific, and if you try to use anything else the engine sits about 2.5" too high meaning the big stupid arm won't bolt up and your trans dipstick has nowhere to exist. Latter doesn't apply to manuals but the former is still a pretty big deal.
FI-Carb means you have to pull the sender and gently caress around. No access hole, and the lines run very close to the body on these so making one is extremely risky. But the fuel tank sits on top of the rear axle, so you get to drop that completely (and all those arms are usually bolt-snappin' seized) and then getting it back in again is an exercise in gently caress JUST KILL ME NOW.
I had to run all new fuel line, the mechanical fuel pump needs a bigger line since it sucks across the length of the car rather than pushing from the tank side as in an efi car.
And just hundreds of frustrating little things that took between hours and weeks to hunt down. And cost-wise, well let's just say that had I started with a V8 car and spent the same amount of money (even factoring in that my v6 camaro was also free, and a v8 car wouldn't have been free) it would have been a low 13 second car.

Sounds like you did it the hard way. There are aftermarket torque arms and mounts that don't require the correct transmission, and I would have just replaced the EFI fuel pump in the tank with a low-pressure one. The pumps don't vary in size all that much, and the one for a TBI early third-gen should be low enough pressure for a regulator to handle it.
Of course, I'd go EFI myself, because tuning carbs sucks.

Slow is Fast posted:

I really like the hopped up 3.4 option since it seems you have to gently caress with less systems to do that? Motor in motor out?

IIRC, some of the last 3rd gens came with a Buick 3800. LAst RWD application of that motor.

e: f,b on the Iron Duke, and I do not recall correctly. It was the 4th gens that had the 3800. Still, a 3800 Series II supercharged would be neat! Or get really weird: EFI, twin turbo, flathead Ford.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Raluek posted:

At a car show I saw a hand-made hotrod with a rear-engined, EFI (LS1 ecu/coils), supercharged, A/C intercooled, flathead Ford.

Neat!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Forgive me AI for I have sinned. It has been quite some time since my last confession. Alas, but the Camaro pictures were a lie. I hung out with her last few nights, with delivery of the car coming today or tomorrow and all I know is she was pulled over on expired tabs last night and not in today. So I don't know if it's impounded or not.

Oh, for gently caress's sake!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Is the second batch ordering still open? I fell behind on the thread and just caught up.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

In for one. $$ sent.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

88h88 posted:

That's why he said keyring.

As amusing as that all is, I'm going to spoil it by saying that the chick who had borrowed the car had the key, so it was in the car, while the keyring with his house key was not.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

extreme_accordion posted:

THE CHURCH DEMANDS PROOF OF THE WITNESS! IN HIS NAME! V8!

I'll do it:
:perfect:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Not that I actually require it for today's work, but when's the last time any of you busted out a dwell meter.

I've got one very similar to that, Sears, from probably the '70s. At least late enough that mine has markings for rotaries, though they're wrong for my '79 RX-7. Might be correct for the early twin-dizzy models.
I haven't used it in years - I converted it to the later electronic ignition after replacing and setting the points (two sets!) once. Ditto on my '70 Cutlass.
I can still use it as a tach for the RX-7, since it has external coils.
Mine came in a boxed full tune up kit from Sears that I got from my wife's grandfather's estate. It had a Mighty-vac, spark tester, flexible spark plug driver, spark boot removal pliers, a tune-up guide for common cars of the time (firing orders and such), that dwell-meter, and probably a few other things. That kit has actually been pretty handy.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

literally a fish posted:

LET ME :spergin: YOU ABOUT FLASHLIGHTS! (briefly since this is 14"s thread)

See this XKCD comic? I was/am one of those flashlight enthusiasts :V

Nitecore and Fenix make some of the most goddamn amazing pieces of low-cost high-power flashlight known to man. The Nitecore EC4S (which I just received a unit of) takes a pair of IMR 18650 cells (~$8 each, Nitecore i4 charger is ~$20 if you don't have a li-ion cell charger) and dumps out TWO THOUSAND LUMENS on high, which is practically enough to kill a man.

The Cree XHP-50, XHP-70 and MT-G2 emitters have really changed the flashlight game. Fenix make a similar unit, there's another Nitecore running an MT-G2 that has a close-to-analog brightness dial on the tailcap (15 levels, Nitecore P36)... poo poo's hosed.

2000LM flashlights are now everywhere. My personal favorite is the Foursevens Maelstrom Regen MMU-X3R - though if you want something slightly more sane, the regular Maelstrom Regen MMR-X-AF should suffice for all but the craziest of humans. Both of those ship from the US, come with battery, and have built in USB recharging, too.

They may not have the durability of the streamlight but holy crap will they burn your eyes out. The X3R and EC4S are definitely "AIM AWAY FROM FACE" situations.

I won't get into custom/modded flashlights in this brief interlude into one of the other things i know too much about, but at the top of my flashlight collection I have a modified 2D mag-lite running on a pair of 32650 li-ion cells (like a D but longer, which is terrifying in its own right) dumping 5A into an MT-G2 - which results in ~3000 lumens out the front for roughly 45 minutes.

It cost far more money than any sane person should ever spend on a flashlight. But dear lord is it amazing.
(i may or may not be considering buying a 2nd copy with a warm white emitter because i love warm white LEDs and cold white ones make me sad)

also to more directly address STR up there, the $10 lights are in the 80-90 lumen range these days and using Cree XP-G2 LEDs usually. Not the best bins, but adequate.
You can get a 50 lumen XP-G2 2xAAA penlight for like $4US, too.

And if you're game to use 18650s, these Convoy S2+ units with the 8x7135 drivers usually dump out close to their rated light output. For $12.

God Dammit, fish, you're going to make me buy more stuff.

e: the convoy S2. That's hard to beat, and I already have 18650s for my green laser/dog toy, IIRC.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

I got the beanie today and it's everything I dreamed of. My friend also sent me a pen milled from a lump of brass so all in all a good day.

Edit: my wife was perplexed. "Who is 36 Centimeter Johnson?" she asked. How could I explain? "He's a man who drives Satan's old Honda," I said, and left it at that.

I got "14 Inch Rim" on mine!

Elmnt80 posted:

So many people I knew were pissed off just after it happened. Even past the whole "Hey, this really awesome rock star whose music we like was killed" thing, alot of people were affected because they had interacted with him and by all accounts he was just an awesome dude to talk to. He lived in a small town/municipality that was completely surrounded by the city I lived in and his house was maybe 3-4 miles away from where I lived. Him and vinny paul were regular customers at the electronics store where I got my first job and the guys in the components department who had met him all agreed that he was one of the nicest, coolest customers they'd ever had. The thing I remember most is the weekend after he was killed, korn was playing a show in dfw and did an awesome tribute to him including playing part of a song they had been writing with him. The best part though, was in between the sets that night, the venue played nothing but damage plan and pantera. Everyone in the crowd would start singing along until you had a bunch of fans singing so loud, you couldn't hear the song anymore and it didn't matter because everyone knew the songs by heart anyways. The world lost a really awesome dude when he died. :smith:

I used to live in Arlington when I was going to college (still not far from there, actually). Been by that house a few time,though I doubt I could find it again without digging up the address on the internet. I remember thinking it was a modest house for a rock star, but I guess that's just the way he rolled.
Never got a chance to see Pantera live, unfortunately.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Dammit, I would really like to be wearing my black Thumbs beanie, but it's been 70 freaking degrees here in north TX since I got a 14-inch package (heh.)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fart Pipe posted:

Its 70 today in Connecticut and I wore mine today, pussy. In fact I havent taken it off since I got it. Best hat ever.

Nah, I hate having a sweaty head. I can barely wear ball caps most of the time.

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Guess who's got a guest feature in a certain tumblr account :haw:

http://seat-safety-switch.tumblr.com/

Awesome.

Zündfolge Ein Vier Drei Zwei

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

literally a fish posted:

elise the great's :nms: latest end of shift report post :nms: has a somewhat disturbing similarity here

a woman killed by a yeast infection IN HER BLOOD IN HER EVERYTHING

:nms: "Chunks of yeast, floating free. Yes, it looked like the fatal strokes were caused by septic yeast emboli, not by blood clots. Her brain was choked by wandering blobs of fungus. They ate her, and then they killed her.
It’s strange to think that, when they buried her, she was still filled with yeast. They must have continued their feast for weeks in the grave, happily consuming until she was completely gone."
:nms:

And the poo poo frosting on that crap cake is the joke that passes for an RN's salary. Like teachers, (or flat-rate mechanics, natch) nurses don't get paid nearly enough.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Dude, NWS that poo poo.

Dammit, beat me to it.

And holy crap that carb is thrashed. How the hell do you mess up a carb that bad? PO fuckery, or just 30 years f wear?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

kastein posted:

The wear is definitely just age, neglect, and use. That throttle shaft probably wore till it started sucking dirty air in around the shaft, then the dirt accumulating between the shaft and housing accelerated the wear. Repeat until it ended up like this.

The warped plate might be from the backfire... if the throttle was closed, or blown closed by the backfire, it'd put pretty significant force on it. Or it might be from some hamfisted previous owner repeatedly tightening the screws to try and eliminate a leak between the two plates.

People treat carbs (and cars in general) pretty badly, when I rebuilt the Hitachi on my sister's '80 Datsun 720 it was drat near trashed. Had the same obnoxious bolt access too. Multiple M6 machine screws holding the various castings/plates together had been undertorqued, overtorqued, or just not torqued at all, then it was driven for years with the halves of the carb flopping up and down more and more till it completely stripped the threads out of several holes. Some goober tried to jbweld one of the bolts in, but only jbwelded the head to the thing it was supposed to hold down, thankfully, rather than jbwelding it into the part with the stripped threads. So a carb cleaner bucket, a few cans of brakleen, a rebuild kit, and an M6 helicoil kit fixed it right up in her case.

e: and then there was the idiot who attempted to fix ACEofsnett's old '87 Toyota pickup 22RE carb by gouging the gently caress out of it with a flat blade screwdriver, generally screwing everything up, and dumping what looked like two tubes of silicone bathtub caulking all over the top of the intake manifold near where it bolted to the head. We were pretty sure they were trying to stop a manifold gasket leak, but... :wtc:

This makes sense.
Some of 14's carb can be fixed: bushings on the throttle shaft, proper peening or something on the venturi. Might be able to get the upper body flat with a little gentle persuasion and sandpaper on glass. Gven the lack of good rebuildable replacements, this may be the only way to go, if not a Weber or similar.
It would have helped if the carb body wasn't made out of stiff cheese, apparently.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Adding to the list of things what aint mine found in my car cleaning it out. A sleeping bag, 2 piss jugs, a syringe with what appeared to be heroin residue a couple weeks ago during the height of the premier of AMC's Walking Dick that I could not in all honesty find it In myself to add to the ever growing spool of rope draped around my neck, and.....this?

[timg][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YL6TUrVh.jpg[/timg]

Now that I have access to multiple easily removable locks wth no keys, and a working ignition with key, and spare glass, I'm thinking it's time to close down my hotel.

Wait. So, people were like living/sleeping in your car, I guess because it was unlocked and presumed abandoned?

edit:

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

It was a very young small confused looking raccoon in Rosie's defense.

I'm not sure this can be defended though.

I guess you couldn't get the clamp down to the terminal?
You do what you gotta do to get the job done.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Panty Saluter posted:

"Whoa" -Jonathan Harker, Point Break Every Keanu Reaves character, ever.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Enourmo posted:

i imagine its easier to leave the manual 40-year-old import (which being a manual and old enough not to be popular is fairly theft immune) unlocked and periodically clear out junkie detritus than to pay for even one replacement window glass from the one stubborn thief.

There is merit to this.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Never forget that the Camaro Berlinetta came with a free standing, rotating AM/FM/Cassette player.

Why the gently caress have I never seen this?!
(and I just know it uses GM's favorite tuner pack, like the 88-92 pickups, and touchscreen Reattas, among others)

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

I know not what weapons world war 3 shall be fought with, but I am loving ready to rock.

If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid. Reminds me of the bread bags we used when I was a kid and it actually snowed in Texas. None of us had snow boots or even galoshes, so we did what we could.
I love the Jeep wheel on the back of the Lincoln limo. I mean, I know they're the same bolt pattern and all. Just looks funny, and I wanted to show off my identification skills, I guess?

Swap "mechanic" for "courier" and you have me.

..and then you add in the whole "gay" thing and cut your available pool in half!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Doesn't a cut in half pool really mean more of a bobbing than diving? Seems more of a hetero thing to try to pull off

And throw out a window

Different kind of pool, and definitely a different kind of cut in half! <cringes, covers crotch>

Bobbing is definitely involved, but it's not the kind of bobbing you're thinking of. :wmwink:

Ba-dump, ting!

quote:

Heyooooo!

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Tip your server, try the fish.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

INCH DICK tryin to crank a Hon deezy

https://youtu.be/cM5UNKFC750

Kick rear end!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Pfft, if THAT bothers you, you need to head over to bmezine.

(it's... a bit :nws: and :nms: and definitely not family friendly)

Been there. People do weird things to their bodies. On purpose.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Oh trust me I know, I was once one of those people. :getin:

I'd like to say I've been on the internet long enough that very little shocks me any more, but I don't want to be proved wrong.

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

Taking my buddy to the airport in the indecent what the gently caress hours of the morning, and then half the exhause breaks just enough to drag and throw sparks, but not enough to kick free. Do what you gotta do.

Hmmm. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than a coat hanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

14 INCH DEVITO posted:

I'd like to take any opportunity to repeat the fact I accidentally physically tore out one of the central bars of a 10g Jacobs ladder I had once,

Oh, look, another thing I wish I didn't know.
I'm not shocked, though. Just mildly nauseous.

• Locked thread