Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Glad to see POD still getting played unironically in 2014. Thanks, JoinDOTAred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Meat Recital posted:

Someone needs to organize an intervention for Goblak. Second pick Treant, really?

I was hoping for a trolly Bloodseeker pick, since his silence purges it, rendering the hero poo poo useless for what they are using it for.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Crowbear posted:

Why would creep blocking with cogs be against the rules? :psyduck:

Sing and Puppey were talking the other day about the really strict rules at Korean tournaments. You're not allowed to draw on the map, at all, or pause without asking for a pause first.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Meat Recital posted:

Why are people making GBS threads on Purge? He's not doing a lot this game, but he's not playing terribly.

He talked a ton of poo poo about how bad the Korean Scene was and how easy games were.

I really hope they loving lose.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

YouTuber posted:

Why does everyone hate Zephyr so much? They've only been a team for around a month, that is hardly enough time to really figure out what the team strengths and weaknesses are. I'd give them a few more tourney before they're declared the new MUFC.

A bunch of C and D tier players thinking they can roll into a very new scene to get easy wins. Wonder why people dislike them...

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Red Red Blue posted:

Arteezy is good

Edit: thought this was the gbs dota thread

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah; if you didn't want a blink dagger before, it wasn't because of the mana cost. If this does anything, it'll make the heroes that need blink but have issues supporting it more common, not the item itself.

It's going to mean less fuckups for me on sand king when I ult then don't quite have enough mana to blink. Hurrah!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TheQat posted:

ee with the ultimate embodiment of antimage--10 kills, 0 deaths, 0 assists

I missed the game, did he only show up for teamfights in a 40 minute game right at the end for steal the kills then go back to farming?

That's my fave AM play. "Nah man you guys have got this, I need farm"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Seeing a Void in a pro game is weird as poo poo to me because I literally haven't seen him used before.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Yardbomb posted:

If only Chrono was global with aghs or something, then you could truly channel your inner DIO. :shepface:

Void AA would be in every game for chrono + aghs AA ult.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Gogey when are you announcing your team?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Oh my god that AA/Earthshaker play in this Starladder game.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Oh my god Sand King is literally the best hero.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
THIS loving SAND KING

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
No one on this team is good enough for this Sand King

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I am confusion.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Craptacular! posted:

There isn't any way you can increase the damage of ability-button based attacks beyond the skill-up tiers and Agh's for your ult.

Dota's idea of +damage is auto-attack based damage, League basically lets you increase the damage of abilities so, for instance, Razor could pump more than four points into his Plasma Field and it could hit for more than 370. No matter how many items you have, no farmed you are, etc, Plasma Field can not hit for more than 370. It is impossible. This has been discussed on the PlayDota forums and chalked up to simply a technical impossibility in the WC3 engine.

You're really loving dumb, by the way. If you had more text in this post and said something about China I'd think you were JPJ.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Majuju posted:

Just for reference:

Magical damage amplification items/effects: Veil of Discord, Ethereal Blade/Decrepify, Ice Vortex, Natural Order, Ancient Seal.
Other damage amplification: Orchid Malevolence (magic damage only when effect ends), Penitence (physical damage, weirdly), Soul Catcher (pure damage), Flesh Golem

Further, Skywrath Mage's Arcane Bolt scales with Intelligence, so it gets better and better the later the game goes.

Don't forget Stuns, Positional Movement changes, etc.

Jesus christ that is the dumbest loving post I have read on the forums in a while.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Craptacular! posted:

I kind of figured I had established myself as not a troll

If you post something that factually incorrect and utterly stupid and aren't doing it to be a troll I feel bad for you.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Waynebo posted:

Why are you not watching League of Legends matches instead then?

Maybe he's not a fan of eye-searing uglyness or anime?????

heh just my opinion though guys, not a troll!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Yardbomb posted:

But Mirana's in the game already.

But Lina's in the game already too.

I've been posting here for months. I kind of figured I had established myself as not a troll and that having an opinion that one game did something better than the other wouldn't cause a half-page of one sentence sarcastic replies. My apologies for not understanding your sensitivities.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TheRat posted:

Slark (supported by omniknight) got fat and killed everyone, so league is a better game.

Hmm. Checks out.

Welp wrap it up guys.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Craptacular! posted:

I don't have the expertise to say any game is "better".

Yet you did and were surprised when people called you the dumbest person since JPJ to post about dota.

Weird huh!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Majuju posted:

Black^ is giving up on China and wants back into the scene. He's worried, however, that there's not a team that would take him. If only there were some team that could use an wildly-efficient super-farmer and was capable of creating mad amounts of space to make up for their lack of game sense...

I'd say Navi but what if they lost? We'd all have to go play LoL!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Taffer posted:

confirmed: TI4 will own

I just hope they get James and Bruno and Merlini again and NOT MAELK (or anyone like him, ever)

Shaneomad owns, is funny, and is very small so could come as carry on.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Concurred posted:

bring in those Australian casters

The less Australians I have to hear screeching banshee-like over Dota the better.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Goetta posted:

I think Visage is still too strong at the pro level. He doesn't need gold and is one of the most dangerous heroes in the game the first 10 minutes and can still be really relevant late game.

Ult should be 1 weaker bird, 1 normal bird, 2 birds, with the aghs still giving an additional one.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
That loving escape.

Singsing is pretty loving good on ember you guys.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Balobam posted:

lmao I just realised that pugna using glaives is hurling his staff at the enemy

It uses any cosmetic from the "weapon" slot of the hero it's on.

Necro hurls giant scythes at people.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Why are they confused about the max-helix-max-call build? He was picked specifically for weaver since call pulls you out of stealth, and like 4 helixes solo at level 4 will destroy him.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Shown here: Why you don't jungle Axe.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Meat Recital posted:

I was looking at this the other day and the only hero left unpicked in 6.80 is Medusa.

Games go too fast for her now, generally.

If she had a slight scaling buff she'd be a viable pick, but right now there's better heroes who do what she does but sooner, like Luna.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Majuju posted:

InControl's wife

Good thing she's someone's wife so you can call her that instead of her name, otherwise what would you call her?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
He was just wishing Anna was an Anna-me

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Reoxygenation posted:

This is a really good series good god.

Well it was until Envy picked his waifu and threw this game :/

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
EE why are you in love with drow. Drow is not anime.

You should be playing Lina or something you insufferable autist!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Idiootti posted:

I wish boner-san had his visa problems solved.

Demon wasn't the problem.

EE please stop fan subbing anime and become a more consistent player please. Uguu~

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Axe is a good hero when you don't jungle him: a thing pros are learning.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lesh's stun isn't as good to level up as his tower destroying super-spell unless you suck at landing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Craptacular! posted:

Just make Cloud9 play for the Euro spot and I'll love you forever. The thing where they bounce back and forth between EU and NA depending on how easy it will be to win has to stop.

They could do a Purge and move to the (second) easiest dota region in the world to get wins I guess?

• Locked thread