Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

suicidesteve posted:

Norin Soul Sisters. 100% serious post, I'm 18/2 against UR Delver and 2/0 against Burn.

If not that, a good RUx control deck with Pyroclasm/Anger of the Gods, Spell Snare/Pierce, Batterskull, etc. My RUG deck has pretty good game against both. I can post lists for either if you're interested.

Hmm... I have everything to make that deck and it's funny. Can I shove proc into it somewhere from my old martyr proc deck or does it not fit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

I'll be there with Jund.

Hi five fellow Jund player.

Good luck to everyone going to the GP. Ours is after Thanksgiving.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

Have you changed your build to deal with Delver? I've gone up to 4 Bolt/3 Punishing Fire, moved the Library and the Maelstrom Pulse to the SB and I'm also SB'ing 2x Kitchen Finks for the Burn Cruise deck...

I always used 3 bolts 4 fires and 1 pulse. I went down to 3 bloodbraids though.

The sideboard tech is golgari charm, pyroclasm, engineered plague and toxic deluge and 2 each pyroblast and red elemental.

I just lose to burn, it's something I have accepted in life.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

Clasm kills too many of your own dudes for my taste. I do think that the 4 bolt / 3 fire is right since you are much happier drawing multiples of bolt. I'm on 3 bloodbraids and 1 pluse too and of course charm and blasts in the board.

Clasm has powered me through too many decks to count. It's one of my go to cards on the sideboard. It kills bob and DRS but so do my other sweepers. It's also nice late game if you are playing d&t to Clasm then when they tap their moms drop a charm to sweep the pro red crap left. It's all personal though.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

I feel like D&T is one of our better matchups though so I bring in more hate against decks I don't feel as comfortable against MB.

Any fair deck is one of our better matches. But making absolutely sure you are going to win is much better.

The only decks I have a really hard time with are Burn and Omnitell. Kitchen finks seems like good tech against burn and I may move my sideboard around to accommodate. I should probably take out the chains of Mephistopheles but god drat that card is funny and against Omnitell it's brutal.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

If I had a Chains I would play it MB. It's so good vs anything blue.

It's not that great since it's a one of. I mull for it if I have to have it. Dropping it turn 3 or 4 against Omnitell is pretty drat funny... They just kind of look at you because most of them have never seen a chains. Then it dawns on them and while they can still win most of them will scoop.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

Is Omnitell even a thing in the current meta? I haven't seen that deck in ages...

Yeah it's not dead yet and people play to down here because it was so popular the decks are still around. The main meta down here is

All the loving delver
Stone blade variants with true name
Show and tell/Omnitell
Fish
Jund

Occasionally burn and infect will show up but not often. Miracles is kind of rare here. MUD still makes appearances.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AgentSythe posted:

What's your sideboard looking like? In my testing. UR Delver's matchup against combo ain't that good and only the versions boarding in heavy permission (like, actual Flusterstorm) seem to get there consistently.

I want to reiterate what kind of terrible people you delver players are.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AgentSythe posted:

No no no, I am not playing Delver. My friend is and I was his testing buddy.

Uh huh. Your "friend" is playing delver. Yeah.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Wadjamaloo posted:

What if you had been playing U/R delver since before delver was even a card? Are you still complete scum?

No. But that person doesn't exist.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Chill la Chill posted:

still can't decide between miracles, ant, and D&T for GPNJ. I was thinking it was time to dust off ant again but some jerk had a high profile showing of it last weekend.

You are extremely cool. One guy here plays it and he too is cool

Do D&T with Containment Priest

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

Lost G1 to 12 Post after he had no cards in hand and i had a Goyf and a Deathrite in play and 2 Bolts in hand. Then game 2 I Sieze him T1 and see show and tell, show and tell. 2 eldrazi and 3 lands. T2 I hymm him and it misses the second show and tell.... If I'm playing Jund I pretty much just lose to this deck, right?

There are ways to win, you either stick Lilly turn 2 or hymn and thoughtseize the hell out of him. The other tech is confusion in the ranks but it doesn't work perfectly. Usually I will sideboard out my lightning bolts and fires and put in duress and CitR. The more hand disruption the better.

You can also board in surgical extraction, thoughtseize the show and tell and extract the poo poo out of it then rely on wasteland and Lilly to keep them down.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

Thinking of boarding a few Chalice of the Void out of my SB in Jund to deal with UR Delver at the GP this weekend... Thoughts? Or maybe Choke?

We'll since treasure cruise is a thing I am testing this sideboard

1 chains of Mephistopheles
2 relic of progenitus
2 red elemental blast
1 pyroblast
2 surgical extraction
2 confusion in the ranks
2 kitchen finks
1 toxic deluge
2 golgari charms

But it takes out my ancient grudge, which hurts against artifacts, but I'm not too worried about mud or affinity right now.
It also removed engineered plague, which scares me since that poo poo does work for me. But we will see. It might be time for jund to evolve into a different build.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

suicidesteve posted:

Grixis control featuring Duck Fargo, Chains of Mephistopheles, and Notion Thief. Probably needs some Abysses too.

Confusion in the Ranks seems mostly worthless. Just admit you've lost to Sneak and Show and sideboard against a deck you can actually beat.

Ps, Helm of Obedience is the sickest of sideboard tech.

I have won multiple rounds vs show and tell with CitR. The sideboard exists to win against decks you normally don't. And what fair deck has a better than 50/50 matchup against Jund anyway? None.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

I have the Finks too. I like that tech. I don't have a chains or I would be using that main. I think Spellbomb is better than Relic just because you bust it for 1 mana.

If you can stick a relic early in the game you can whittle the graveyard down and keep it down and if they do something with a lot of discard you can chunk the entire thing and draw. It's the only continual use remover.

It won't solve treasure cruise but it can help. Your goyfs will probably be smaller though.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Anyone going to GP San Antonio?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Shavnir posted:

I am but given its standard I think you're in the wrong thread.

Yeah but they usually have legacy side events.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

jassi007 posted:

Ok so last SCG open 4th place delver has 2 volcanics. What are the cons of doing the mana like this?

2 island
2 mountain
2 red fetch (bloodstained mire)
4 misty rainforest
4 scalding tarn
2 volcanic island

I mean it'd save me $400-500 up front on getting into legacy, which I'm all about.

You are going the sad if they wasteland your two duals, which I totally would. You can run it that way but best bet would be investing in the volts sooner or later. But Tc has to be banned pretty soon it's getting out of hand.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

bhsman posted:

What would Legacy look like if they just banned Delver along with Cruise? Just out of nowhere.

It would look amazing. But they should ban stoneforge as well just for fun.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

I went 5-2 and still dropped cause it was 9pm and i was tired and cranky and hungry and it was taking forever in between rounds....

Sounds like a GP to me.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Sampatrick posted:

Has anyone seen this deck before? WUBRG Aggro just seems so silly, and it isn't even playing tribal flames.

I have no idea how that won anything.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Engineered plague would wreck that thing.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AnacondaHL posted:

That's not fair, most Modern decks would get wrecked by Legacy decks!

Oh yeah it's modern. I forget that since I don't play that format. SORRY GUYS!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Who's sideboarding engineered plague in legacy and for what? It's actually good in a lot of matchups now that I think about it and stops TNN

Jund sideboards it. It crushes merfolk, elves and goblins, wrecks D&T, and kills TNN.

It's semi effective against stuff like delver and stoneblade.

We had a little tournament today with 10 people. I decided to play RUG Delver instead of Jund. Lost to lands, dredge and smallpox. But I beat Enchantress and Goblins.

I prefer Jund any day of the week.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 19, 2014

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Do you bring it in for belcher/storm as an option against warrens?

I don't because maelstrom pulse is already in the deck and I take it from a one of to a two of against those decks. But i sideboard out some direct damage to add mindbreak traps if they are in the SB. I haven't seen much combo lately so my SB is weak on combo hate.

And I have no idea why you would use rabble master over bbe.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

suicidesteve posted:

I have Golgari Charm in my board and that comes on every time. Basically any card thay can be read as "kill all the goblins" comes in, especially if it can be cast on turn 2. I side out my Hymns against Belcher because they're worthless by the time I can cast them. I leave the direct damage in because they usually go off with 10/12 goblins and hope that gets there. Last time I played it with Jund, I Thoughtseized his Belcher and got 8-Goblin'd on the play. I ended up dying to exact damage because I went 7 turns straight without drawing a creature or burn spell (I had sided my Bolts out and I drew 7 lands in a row.) Then the same exact thing happened a week later in the semifinals of a GPT with me playing RUG Delver. And that's the story of why I lost to burn in round 2 of the GP.

Oh god that's terrible. Yeah I forgot about golgari charm but it's in my SB as well for goblins along with toxic deluge and pyroclasm.

My combo meta SB looks like this
2 reb
1 pyroblast
2 pclasm
2 golgari charm
1 chains of Mephistopheles
3 mindbreak trap
3 engineered plague
1 toxic deluge

Oh I actually got to chains the other day against omni-tell. He went to play SnT, and dropped omniscience, he had one card left in his hand, so I dropped Chains. He stared at it. Then showed me the enter the infinite. Nothing he could do because if he had cast it he wouldn't have any cards in hand which means he would just mill himself. And since I had a resolved Lilly I could lock him.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
The volcanic looks good but 2 red can be problematic when fighting through wastelands. I will try it out though with all the blue poo poo flying all over the place.p these days.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Ville Valo posted:

Anyone played the Reset version of High Tide that they deckteched at the GP? I'm always looking for more decks I can add to my bag-o-legacy, and that one's mighty inexpensive. No candelabras!

Feline didn't finish too highly, but that doesn't mean it was a bad build. She's pretty much THE expert on the (candelabra version of the) deck, and if that's the version she went with it's gotta be legit, right?

Having played high tides before it's hard enough to go off on your own turn, why add the complication of doing it on the opponents turn?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I was talking to her end of Day 1. She says that it's definitely weaker than the traditional High Tide, but she went with it to shake things up and surprise people who are used to her since she never runs anything but High Tide. She said this is the closest she's probably going to come to playing a non-High Tide deck in a competitive event.

All I know is my resets are through the roof compared to what they were a few months ago.

Wow maybe not... I never knew they went up to 30 bucks last year. That makes no sense.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 20, 2014

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

suicidesteve posted:

How does Fish ever beat Polukranos or Hornet Queen?

I know a guy who plays Miracles and got stuck playing against GR Tron. It went very badly for him.

Jund loses to standard decks all the time. I can't abrupt decay a Stormbreath dragon!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Gnumonic posted:

or I'm just crazy, I pretty much only play Doomsday these days so that's a distinct possibility.

Yeah as an occasional Doomsday player myself, you are indeed completely insane. I love playing that deck but drat if my brains doesn't start really hurting around round 5.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Legacy decks lose to standard and modern decks all the times the entire meta is warped around delver and stoneforge. And value creatures running on little mana.

If someone there was playing lands or doomsday or charbelcher it would have been a different story. The other thing is who play multiplayer legacy? That's just tough as decks are designed to fight one opponent, not two or three.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
It looks like Aether vial could be good for you as well as swords to plowshares. You can add Kataki wars wage instead of ether sworn, spirit of the labyrinth will stop brainstorm in its tracks as well as containment priest stopping SnT.

Vvvv for some reason I was thinking anti artifacts instead of remembering I used ethersworn in affinity so it was pro artifact.

Mostly because it's late and I'm tired. Sorry.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 22, 2014

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

suicidesteve posted:

I thought you might want to know before you have a "sac Hyena Umbra :smuggo:" moment.

Some of my favorite moments!

Me: "Lilly, sack a dude."
Them: "I will replace with my umbra."
Me: "No go friend, that's a destroy effect, you just sacrificed it. now that that thing is gone coming in for 5 with the goyf."

Aura hexproof can suck my rear end.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

BizarroAzrael posted:

I can't help but think the story and sentiment is undermined a tad by you using $250 of cards against $2.

Not my fault. If they want to play buy some real cards. I loving hate aura hex proof. Just like I hate UW Heroic in standard right now.

Herp derp my 18 dollar deck is sick and annoying!

That sounded pretty elitist but at the same time it drives me nuts when people play semi combo decks. The only combo I will play is doomsday and I kill myself half the time because it's not a noob cannon win button.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Chamale posted:

I almost always win that matchup when I resolve Chalice on 1, but I'd like to win some of the games when I don't draw Chalice as well. I have been playing Commander Eesha, and she (you're right) is very useful against Delver decks, both U/R and the U/W/R decks with Stoneforge Mystic.

Karakas is very nice. It rarely is worse than Plains, and often is better because you can save Thalia from removal, sweepers, and dying in combat. One fun trick is bouncing Thalia between first strike damage and regular damage. It also bounces opposing legends if your opponent happens to play them, and is the ultimate troll response to a Show and Tell Emrakul. Suppression Field makes it worse, but then it still works as a Plains.

I feel like the Legacy metagame is so vulnerable right now to Chalice on 1 and Suppression Field. When you start with 4 Ancient Tomb, 4 Chalice of the Void, 4 Chrome Mox, 4 Cavern of Souls, what's the best 44 cards to round out that deck? This Soldier build seems to be the answer, but maybe there's also some kind of green Stompy deck that would be similarly powerful at winning creature combat.

If some dumbass knows you are playing D&T and they SnT emrakul out instead of sneak attack they deserve to loving lose.

Also soldier is a good bet or human in general would be useful.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 24, 2014

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

mcmagic posted:

You don't have to wasteland on T1 or 2... You're also taking out Daze on the draw and not playing a full playset anyway. Like I said above, the fact that the Deck can get cheap wins with a flipped T2 Delver that they have to answer while you're playing stoneforge is really strong.

My answer is usually abrupt decay. Seems effective on turn 2.

Also saying Jeskai delver is grating to my ears I don't even link it with American delver in my head. That begin said RUG delver is best delver. Or canadian threshhold if you will. Stifling fetchlands makes it hard to keep the smug off your face.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 25, 2014

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Chill la Chill posted:

I traded for a tabernacle tonight. It was for EDH, but now I will play the best deck in legacy. :getin:

Lands?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

jassi007 posted:

Ok more legacy chat. Since I'm finishing up my legacy deck, my friend has decided he should get in also. He plays a lot of green and white, he has a ton of modern staples like all of gw hatebears, modern D&T, bogles etc. What is the least expensive way for him to get into something like Maverick/D&T?

Is there a build of Maverick that he could get away with like 3-4 wasteland 1 karakas, 3 savannah? Any other ideas how to help him get into legacy? The soldier stompy isn't really something that interests, him, we looked at it.

You could try Nic Fit as well. It's a fun little deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

LordSaturn posted:

No, I play Legacy Robots, where the curve is 0-dontcare.

I had a game in our LGS's last Legacy event where I smashed a burn player without drawing or playing even a single land. :feelsgood:

I watched a dude in the SCG open play legacy affinity, he had one land and a few thoptersword and 2 vault skirges.

Then he dropped a loving gaea's cradle, tapped for 5 and stuck a cranial plating on a skirge.

My mind was loving blown. How did I never think to add the cradle to affinity when playing it for years.

• Locked thread