Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chicken was awful though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

She's not dismayed, she's just shocked!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

YEAH IN 2 HOURS

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hahaha instead of Rocker using the baseball thing as a bond, he wants to boot the kid and thinks somehow ??? that will keep the secret from getting out... and the kid who can't count won't just, you know, announce it on his way out or something.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

True. But he was also an old man and one of the physically weakest people on his tribe. He also was a natural leader and people wanted him out so they could lead. I feel like if you say "I'm a workhorse goat and I just want to blend in and help" it should buy you a few tribals. Then you need more game.

I mean, yeah, it's got its downside but really the protecting your secret identity makes no sense to me considering for all Rocker knows half the tribe knows who he is but aren't saying anything.
I agree with STAC Goat.

But Cliff Robinson was honest and I think it hurt him with Tony and some people.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

The four women have decided that they are in control of the 9 person alliance.
They have a gay.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Toaster Ding posted:

Lmao, be incredibly homophobic and offensive to the only person who can save you, brilliant
Is it something about western culture that does this, like way too many gay sidekicks in "chick flicks"? Because this is just ridiculous.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Who missed the memo and voted for Baylor?

And who's Baylor?
3x divorced lady's daughter.

I think it was 5-3-1? I think...? So it would mean all the men voted the twinnie and a woman threw her vote away?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

But I thought she was the one who was scheming with the gay guy so would have known the vote was going the wrong way?

drat it, I hate that I can never keep track of names and faces this early.
Wow, Baylor backstabbed Nadiya, and the guy voted for Baylor for some reason. So he decided to make it a tie maybe? But why vote Baylor? But Baylor put the finishing move on Nadiya... Did he get wind of that and was mad at her?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

But even if he's afraid to pick a side, why vote against someone who seemed like a friend?

And do you think it's just a coincidence that the woman he voted for also was betraying the woman's alliance?

drat editing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

It would be genius if it was intentional because he can pretend he voted for Nadiya, Baylor obviously can't vote for herself so she can be assumed to have voted for Dale, she stays in the girls alliance and the heat can be directed elsewhere.
GOod Post. Perhaps you should play Awful Survivor. AWful Survivor, sign-up thread here, is about to start a new season. So if you're able to set aside 30min-1hr twice a week for challenges you can experience exactly what it's like to be on Survivor. How can a fan not be interested

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

Explain to me how it is not incredibly dorky and is actually fun. I looked at the OP the last two years but I just don't get how Survivor on a forum could possibly work
Hmm well I got recruited from this thread into that game and it was pretty fun. I mean, of COURSE it's incredibly dorky but every little thing with playing out variations on numbers, seeing potential alliances and voting blocs, socializing with people and trying to keep them with you or influence them... you really do get to put those sorts of things into practice. Except instead of being on an island on TV you're sitting at a computer at home or whatever but it's cool. A lot of people from that game and community I still talk to and lemme tell ya when I finished a puzzle fastest and got an immunity idol clue and then cracked the clue and got an idol, or when we blindsided Cap Andy, or when I alienated all the jurors with my FTC speech and lost, it was fun

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Josh really changed at the last minute, he's a loving moron because had Baylor not bailed him out, he would've put the biggest loving target on himself when the vote ended up tied.
Maybe he changed at the last minute already knowing what Baylor was doing.

Scene we saw: She told him she wanted to do what he was doing
Scene we didn't see speculation: He told her he was voting out Nadiya

So she votes along with him, although he then changes his vote at the last second. Possibly despite Nadiya's totally weird gay "girlfriend" stuff he still felt guilty betraying her when she obviously thought they were friends, so instead of voting for the person leaving the game he votes for his friend that's staying in the game. Or perhaps he wanted to cover up that he had an ally with the women, so now there's still the proper number of votes for Nadiya.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Overdrift posted:

My favourite moment of the episode was the guy running at top speed on his hands and knees through the immunity challenge. I had to pause and go back cause I thought a howler monkey had snuck into the shot.
That looked like it was out of a horror movie.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

One of the guys supposed to vote for Baylor must have flipped. Josh, I guess.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Midnightghoul posted:

Will Val become the second person voted out with two idols?
Hahahaha. Such a funny lie. Everything about this was funny, especially that John Rocker still apparently believes she has two idols, even though he has an idol, and they're only one tribal council into the game. She didn't even really need to have an idol to beat that 3-3 plan once Rocker leaked it to her, but it must've been someone flipped or something.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

xbilkis posted:

Well, she was on exile island when everyone on her tribe was getting to know one another, she had one of her only allies betray her and the other one was voted off, leaving her with one person she had any reason to trust. Oh, and she has a likable and strong family member on the other tribe, although it's tough to tell how well the opposing tribe can gauge things like that.

She way overplayed her hand but she was probably doomed anyway. I appreciate her going down as a kind of insane person who burned Baylor's game on her way out
She's also the one that threw together a woman's alliance that was counting on the gay guy joining them to even make sense. She could've just tried to blend in or make friends with some of the men or something. Then at least if she got voted out she could've blamed her husband.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Adventure Show posted:

3 of the guys plus her and Jaclyn voting out Baylor would've sent her home, but Josh flipped.
Either Josh was assigned to vote Baylor and flipped, which made the guy-vote 4-2 before her and Jaclyn tied it...
or, as Lone Goat suggested, the group thought it was fishy Rocker was talking to Val, and they decided as a group to make it 4-2.

Regardless, Val was right that her and Jaclyn could have decided the vote if it were 3-3, which is why she kept up the lie, and it was also smart for them to split the votes 4-2 as they ended up doing, for that same reason.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Lord Bude posted:

It was more than a bit petty. It was 'I'm a disgusting person who doesn't understand that this is game where people make moves to betray each other, and it's nothing personal;
Of course it's personal. You're just saying bullshit that you think should be true, but that doesn't make it reality.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Twinnie, of course, really stirred that poo poo up, but, wow, John Rocker is kind of giving me the creeps. The way he was so silent like he was gonna hold his tongue, say nothing and play it safe, but then coming out with just a couple comments, both about fighting people, and then going silent again... Freaky

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Way to go, Jaclyn, tipping Rocker like that.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't understand why it's John or Baylor. Why not Jaclyn?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Midnightghoul posted:

They literally said everything except "We are going to vote out John" and he still didn't play it
I thought only Jaclyn said that. Baylor kind of covered for it by saying she did expect to be voted, and the guys unless I'm forgetting didn't give much indication they were flipping. Also remember John fed a fake plan to Baylor and Jaclyn so it made sense a little bit for Jaclyn to say she thought there was something else.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Boxman posted:

I think the view is that Baylor is more of a threat. Considering she's paired off with Josh, the view is probably right. It would have been John vs. one of the girls, and John signed his death warrant when he got sloppy sharing information. Its hard to say for sure whether he would have been going home after blowing up at Immunity, but that combined with the opportunity to blindside someone with a HII was just too tempting.
Do you think everyone knows about her and Josh? Even she didn't really know about her and Josh...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

sportsgenius86 posted:

I thought it was extremely clear from his train of thought that, in Jeremy's mind, the only possible reason he could find for Val being voted out was "the racist pitcher convinced everyone to get rid of the black lady." Otherwise, there's no reason at all to just immediately assume John was the power player.
I don't think that was extremely clear at all. I thought it was more along the lines of Jeremy being pissed Rocker didn't keep his wife safe, and airing Rocker's dirty laundry to everyone to make Rocker pay for it.

STAC Goat posted:

And then told them he had an idol he'd been keeping secret.
He told them about that idol pretty quickly, to be fair. He hadn't had it for long and he didn't have to tell them about it either.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 9, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Pinterest Mom posted:

He told them about the idol after having led the charge for a risky play that almost backfired in the previous tribal council that only made sense if he didn't have an idol and Val did.

Josh came very close to losing his top ally because Rocker wanted to do a split vote that depended on Val having an idol. He's going to feel betrayed by that alone, let alone knowing that Rocker was apparently secretly scheming to save Val.
I think he believed Val had at least one idol, though, and I think the other guys knew Val was supposed to have an idol, and that's why they were vote-splitting over to Baylor instead of Jaclyn (because Val might play an idol for Jaclyn).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

oneof27 posted:

I think getting rid of Rocker was smart. I've heard time and time again from past winners that you want to keep people around that you can predict their decisions. It seems like Rocket had shown his choices were poor and undependable.
I feel like he kind of got caught in the middle a bit after he made that promise to Jeremy, but he really did put in an effort to help Val and he really was (otherwise) loyal to his alliance. Actually, his plan to save Val was supposed to make her use her HII and boot another person not in the alliance, which wouldn't undermine his team at all, although in reality that plan would have backfired if the men voted 3-3. Basically my opinion on him is that he's an rear end in a top hat and kind of a moron but that I'm not sure if he deserves the disloyal/unreliable tag necessarily... he was trying to do right by all the people he owed something to.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kelley is fittingly the most invisible player in the game so far, but to be fair, almost no one in that tribe has gotten any time in the edit so far.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ghostpilot posted:

So he's throwing the challenge to break their winning streak to vote someone out so his own tribe can go further.

Makes perfect sense to me! :pseudo:
I believe Drew said something about a couple's thing he wanted to get set up, with Jon and Jaclyn and him and Alec but they'd need more than that to have a majority at the merge. Maybe he mentioned some other names? I forget. If they had enough numbers, it would make sense to throw a challenge, boot an enemy, and save Jaclyn, who was going home from the other tribe.

Joose Caboose posted:

Haha what? It was Jon that voted for Keith
Haha, he was trying to get on the same page with the other guys but honestly just had no idea where the votes were going!! Like he said!

That was all so absurd.

Drew could have gotten away with throwing that challenge if he would've just jumped on with the Julie vote instead of trying to force his Kelley thing no one was having down everyone's throats. And he actually votes for her, too, even though he has no support! And that's what allowed the women to vote out Drew.

It was Natalie who said the guys are all over the place, this is our chance to knock one of them out, so I give her credit this episode. I can't believe the men actually really did end up voting in all different directions, though. Come on, how do you not figure something out before Tribal?

Jeremy was right about everything on the Keith thing but he got too emotional about it. He should've given up lobbying for Keith and joined in on the Julie campaign early enough that people would actually know where to vote when Tribal came. Jesus. But even if every other person was trying to vote Julie, I think Drew still was going to throw his vote at Kelley because he is just so dumb, stubborn, and used to getting his way.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

I thought it was Jon trying to set this up.
Jon did back at camp, but I mean while on Exile, when Drew was talking to Jaclyn, he definitely was talking about hooking up as pairs later.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

Was RHAP worth listening to this week? Eliza is a one-gimmick waste of time but did Brice say anything interesting or was it a segment full of "DOT DOT DOT HMMM"?
I can't believe Brice lasted like one episode and still came out with two phrases ("dot dot dot... hmmm!" and "talk of the town, talk of the town, talk of the town") that I still remember and chuckle at

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BGrifter posted:

Painfully stupid. Normally I love watching idiots implode but I'm really not feeling it this season. I don't know if I'm burning out on Survivor after all these years or this season is just that bad.

Drew was so awful it's a drat shame he took away a spot that could have been used to cast someone else. Same is true for half the cast, and the other half just hasn't got enough screen time for me to be sure.
You take that back, Drew was amazing! Like, if he was a dumb model who never did anything but loaf around, then he'd be a waste of a spot. But he was a mind manipulator and master strategist.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Lord Bude posted:

Yes. He master manipulated his way from a position of complete safety to getting voted out in the space of one episode.
Yeah, that's why he was so entertaining.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I liked how that tribe broke down, because it gave everyone a fighting chance to stay in the game.

I was surprised Jaclyn sided with Baylor and her mother considering that Baylor kind of screwed her, but I guess Jaclyn and Dale were also on opposite ends of the camp, and Dale and Kelley are bigger threats than Missy and Baylor.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I like this season too so far. I'm afraid for it in the long-term, because I agree with everyone that the cast looks pretty weak, but so far? Rocker was entertaining, Drew's downfall was amazing, and last ep was pretty good. This season is more like a comedy season than a serious one, even last ep I laughed when that tribe had to go crawling to Jeff again for another trade. So I could see it getting rough down the road because of the weak cast but so far it's been good for me at least.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Even if he would, the two allied couples make a foursome, so where would you go after knocking one of them out? Now you're 2v3 (I'm assuming the person whose loved one you booted now hates you).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

cock hero flux posted:

The price for rice is going to be 2 flints.
:master: That would be so funny. Would cement this season as the greatest comedy season ever.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Milovan Drecun posted:

Your reason made little sense, getting rid of Kelly probably had everything to do with her being from Jon's tribe and him not trusting her at all. Dale also has little to no chance of doing anything in this game, who are his allies at this point?

She was tight with Jeremy and company, Jon saw that he was on the outs with them. He was right not to give her more life. Baylor and Missy have both been sliding by to some extent. By giving them a chance they've bought a close alliance that isn't a real risk to make a big move. Baylor and Josh are tight, but she doesn't trust him fully and has plenty of reason to trust Jon/Jaclyn now. Missy will almost certainly stick with whatever her daughter wants.
I can buy booting Kelley instead of Missy/Baylor, but this reasoning doesn't quite work for me, because wasn't Missy also with Jeremy, just as much as Kelley was? Or did I miss something? The way I see it, the Missy/Kelley comparison, in terms of allies in the game, is equal. But Baylor is way closer to Josh than Dale is to anyone else.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

While Kelley/Dale just wanted to straight vote out Baylor/Missy, Baylor and Missy said something like there could be an idol and a vote split was needed. So when Jon and Jaclyn chose Baylor and Missy, they went in on the vote splitting plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Did anyone else hear that Jeremy has a gay twin brother named Josh, and Josh has a brother named Jeremy

• Locked thread