Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Roman Reigns posted:

As opposed to the sunny, rainbow filled unicorn farting days we're all facing now? Days have been dark since Punk left. Im looking forward to the return of smug rich rear end in a top hat Matt and his larping brother Jeff.

Eh, Punk leaving probably(accidentally) caused the best build to Wrestlemania and Wrestlemania moment in quite some time.

Funny thing will always be if Punk could have/wanted to stay, he probably would have been hotshotted into the title match rather than Bryan. And would have finally been able to main event that Wrestlemania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Punk would be in any other matches than against HHH if he'd stayed. The card would be Punk/HHH, Batista/Orton, and Daniel Bryan crying alone in the corner (four months earlier than he actually did).

Everyone would have still poo poo all over Orton/Batista as the Main event of WM. They would have had to add someone else to that match to prevent it from being poo poo on, and Trips/Punk still could have been a gate to the main event. Cause no way after Batista failed to get over on a Del Rio who did every single heel thing you can do at EC would they have left Orton/Batista alone.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Landstander posted:

Del Rio and Ziggler really did always click with each other (the double turn match is awesome) and it seems like they really did have a lot of respect behind that. :shobon:

It's becoming cliche to say this but it's still true: Del Rio has more personality casually talking to that guy than his character did for like the last 2 years of his run.

I wonder who's fault that is. Del Rio's character was entertaining enough before he ran into Cena and lol rental cars.

The problem is and will always be WWE creative.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Eh, the Ring Work in the WWE is pretty much at an all time high.

Like there are very few on the roster who can't go and put out a least somewhat entertaining match.

Most of the actual wrestling I have mostly enjoyed but like most years, since Wrestlemania the creative and stories have been trash. Actually that's not fair, a number of the stories have been solid ideas, they just ruin it by loving up and overbooking the ending, before going right back to lol Cena. Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins cell match should not have have interference from Bray Wyatt. Cena should not have become #1 contender for losing a match against Dean.

Cesaro got screwed though, and Wyatt/Jericho was just a waste.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A Real Horse posted:

So it turns out we have nothing to worry about with "lol Cena wins." One of my students promised me that Team Authority would win because "everyone is tired of Cena." She accurately predicted that Rollins would beat Ambrose at HiaC, so she's got a good track record so far.

I teach first grade by the way.

She's smart, but she lacks the saavy veteran knowledge of just how much the WWE goes back to lol Cena Wins, in it's darkest times.

She will learn it with experience, then she will finally be complete.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man, I can't wait til they feed Rusev to either Reigns or Cena this upcoming Wrestlemania season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

You never had it. Hope is an illusion designed to placate the masses. Life is meaningless. Death is certain.

Bray Wyatt account spotted

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DukeofCA posted:

Ziggler will probably get murdered sometime during the show, necessitating a scramble to fill his slot before the match.

That would probably be the most Ziggler thing ever to happen.

Because aligning with Cena means you get your IC title taken from you and you don't even get to main event Survival Series.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

Bray/Ambrose is so drat confusing. Like, no one can come out of this feud better for it. Bray losing after his quasi-reboot would be stupid, Ambrose losing after being lightning in a bottle during the Seth feud would be stupid. WWE is stupid.

I dunno, Dean Wyatt could be pretty funny. But this is probably just a holding pattern for the Rumble - Mania. Wyatt wins tomorrow, and Ambrose wins at TLC. Then they both get new programs during the Wrestlemania build.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Valeyard posted:

What is Orton doing at SS?

If I had to guess, one of Cena's partners, Probably Ziggler because he always gets screwed, gets "hurt" or walks out on Cena, then during the match the Authority team is taunting Cena's team because they are down one team member in the ring, all smug like. Then everyone suddenly hears voices in their head. Rollins/Triple H has a priceless oh poo poo look, and then Orton gets the jesus St Louis pop, and they start the match.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

It's not like either guy wandered down to the ring fresh and clean and took those single finishers. They'd both been put through the wringer for the entire match, they took unbelievable beatings.

Yeah, Didn't Rollins take a Famasser and two ZigZags?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Alan_Shore posted:

I think the reason they had Cena eliminated and went with Dolph is that they really didn't want to risk people booing Cena as he took down the Authority, because that would have happened (there was a loud Cena Sucks chant during his pep talk). They needed everyone behind that final guy, and another reason is that if it was Cena there would be no doubt he would take down the rest of the team. I really thought Dolph would get down to Rollins then lose valiantly (they got me!). Looks like they're at the stage where they have to book around Cena now.

And that's why they had Cena come out at the end and hug Ziggler, so the Kids still realize that hey, this was Cena's team, Cena is still awesome, tell your parents to buy these Cena towels after the event.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

Sandow MIGHT, but Miz going to go back to deathly silent arenas as soon as this angle is over most definitely.

Nah, Miz was getting heal heat even before the Damien Mizdow thing.

Miz is great at getting people to boo him, Just holy poo poo never ever ever make him a face.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

elf help book posted:

I thought it was pretty funny when during the match Sandow was getting his chants and he was unsure if he should copy Miz and ignore it, or to encourage them. Finally he just waved his arm up a couple of times and then went back to mimicking.

The thing is he was mimicking Miz, just instead of the like secondish delay of him doing something after Miz did, He just did it like 4 seconds after.

So Miz would raise his hands get booed then a couple of beats later Sandow would raise his hands to cheers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sigma posted:

I just want to point out that when Ziggler did the desperation hop off the Spanish announce table, he landed head first on the steel steps.

:allears:

The guy can't help but bump 24/7.

His stupid rear end is going to get another concussion and kill his own push.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

Dolph looked good but he didn't get the job done himself. It took an old, over the hill, wrestler to put his dead corpse on top of Rollins. Afterwards, Cena came out to hold his hand up.

That's been the problem with the WWE's booking for years. Instead of letting a star making moment stand on it's own, they revert back to nostalgia acts and Cena/Orton.

Making Ziggler look like the hero would have been as easy as Dolph getting on top of Rollins out of pure instinct after Sting evened the odds and having one of the announcers say that it looked like Team Ziggler won after one of the others called it Team Cena. That's it.

He got the job done himself like 3 times. There were 3 visual pins. Everyone knows that Ziggler won that match clean. It was fine.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cast Iron Brick posted:

I don't get Ziggler's appeal. He's a washed-up mid-card who has zero personality and no ability to cut a promo.

It's not that I want him gone or anything- the roster is bad enough as it is. But the whole time he was getting a pop for beating up Rollins, my household could not comprehend why people cared at all.

He's great in the ring, one of the best at telling a story through actions and actually can cut a pretty solid promo when he is allowed to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

NutritiousSnack posted:

If Cena is fighting Show at TLC, doesn't that open up Ziggler vs Rollins for the second main event? I don't think they'd waste Orton, Reigns, or Bryan return for that.

I'm thinking Orton/Rollins, Ambrose/Wyatt, and either Ziggler/Show(ugh), or Ziggler/Harper for the IC title

• Locked thread