Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Les Affaires posted:

What if your partner really really wanted to?

They can marry someone else for a visa too. Everyone gets what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

SadisTech posted:

QLD LNP gonna LNP:

https://www.facebook.com/newmanshame/photos/a.267429246705798.59715.265205820261474/726792147436170/?type=1&pnref=story

Seriously, I'm trying to fathom the mindset here, but I keep getting stuck on four letter words.

I wonder why there were police at the last LNP street party and not this one. What's changed?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Jumpingmanjim posted:

I'll have my own election night party, with blackjack and hookers.

Please take care. If your hookers arrive on motorcycles in groups of more than 2 you could be in a lot of trouble with the police for this.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

You Am I posted:

The Guardian is reporting that Federal Government Agencies are reporting journalists who ask too much about asylum seekers to the Federal Police. The agencies are hoping that the Federal Police can lean on the journalists to find where the leaks or who the whistleblowers are.

What a bunch of fucks, no matter how low you think the Government can get, they do their best to surprise you.

The Guardian posted:

Almost every referral made to the AFP by federal government agencies “for unauthorised disclosure of commonwealth information” since the Coalition took office in September 2013 has been directly related to immigration reporting by journalists.

Death by guillotine

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Is that seriously a young labor argument published in The Guardian? Why won't life let me escape?

Mods please change Anidav's name to Sisyphus

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Kickstarter Idea

Backpacks for Bogans

Buy a bogan a backpack and ask them to leave it near a travel hub or famous landmark.

Who wants in on the ground floor of this poo poo?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Halo14 posted:

Has this been posted yet? Stolen from Reddit:

Guess the newspaper.

All of them courier mail

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Seagull posted:

Does the shy tory factor exist in Australia or are people more upfront about how bad they are?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

At least this means he can keep profits from any books he writes on the topic rather than have it stolen as proceeds of crime. That's a win right?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Jagchosis posted:

I just learned that my favorite legal high concoction, which was manufactured in Australia, got banned in early 2014 because of some new retarded draconian law that the Liberals passed. Does anyone have more information about this? I thought I escaped the poo poo that is Tony Abbott by living on the other side of the world but nope.

You'll need to be more specific but we've had analogue laws for a long time now. VB is still available if you hate life that much.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Double post but here is the livestream of tonight's leaders debate:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...5-1227193014871

:siren:WARNING COURIER MAIL/NEWS LTD/SKY NEWS:siren:

It will start in one hour.

May I suggest Bye Murdoch as an easy way to keep your blood pressure down.

ninja edit: Mozilla equivalent

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I'm starting a petition to have Queensland renamed Queefsland. Who wants in?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Have you been to Queefsland? They don't like queers there.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

MaxwellsEquations posted:

ACOSS released a study on the actual percentage of income Australians pay as tax after Hockey's insinuation that 50% of income is taken by tax. Lo and behold, high income earners pay only 4% more of their total income in tax compared to low income, despite having access to vastly different funds.

http://www.theage.com.au/business/t...123-12w9s1.html

So Hockey is full of poo poo again, but this time there is no other way that him deliberately lying to make people think that they are paying far too much tax.

Wouldn't it be nice if reporters actually said flat out "BLAH was lying, no middle ground about it," instead of this "Well this group say that the Reef is in danger according to multiple studies, while the MP for BLAH has said 'nah, she'll be right'. (end article)"?

I really want someone to ask him if it is literally impossible for someone to save > 50% of their income.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Am I reading into this correctly that regionals could deliver a ALP victory provided 13% swings are commonplace?

I literally promised my Irish friend who lives in a popular Queensland holiday destination that I will (uselessly) report him to the authorities and kill his pug if he votes LNP so it could be that too.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Gorbash posted:

My wife is a non-drivery person, and both her ACT and NSW POA cards have no expiry date - she's been using the same one for fifteen years or more, with no new photo.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/licence/nsw-photo-card.html

quote:

Your NSW Photo Card is valid for five years

I have a mate who has struggled to get one of these cards since turning 25 because no one believes he doesn't drive. Eventually he ended up getting his L plates to stop the hassle.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

HookShot posted:

Clive Palmer is just like "gently caress you money" personified.

To be fair to Cliev, this poo poo is pretty loving funny.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Let me be the first to get in on the LNP winning in QLD train and say "I need a hug"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Ler posted:

Abbott gave Prince Phillip, The Duke of Edinburgh the order of Australia.
Sir Prince Phillip.

Twitter is losing it at the moment.

Does Prince Phillip have pierced genitals?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I have a fund raising idea. How about every single vote your party gets if you win government causes you to pay $7 to healthcare for all Australians. Literally the only way to argue against this is that you say you hate Australians for voting for you or something.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
DST is the #gamergate of time discussions. Your opinion is wrong and you should feed bad. Everyone you look at is wrong and they should feed bad too.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Ler posted:

Really you lot in Australia have it pretty easy compared to us up north. I've lived in NT, SA, WA and NSW and I think actually SA was the best out of it all. From memory as a kid any way.

Summertime in Sweden around the Stockholm area you're looking at the sun being up by 1:30am with it never truly going down, just hanging above the horizon. If you're way up the gently caress north in Kiruna, better get some thick curtains because that poo poo is all sunlight all day. Opposite of that you don't want to know, the lack of light is brutal.

As someone who's spent a bit of time in Kiruna I can promise you this is not that true. It's either really overcast or there is a cloud of mosquitos between you and the sun at any given point.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

cpaf posted:

He must have some kind of back injury or something because the way he walks is not how normal people walk. He's like your old uncle from the country who has to turn his entire body in order to look in a direction

ITT cpaf works out that Abbott is spineless.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I'm literally homeless and can get aircon cranking with relative ease. Canberra must be some kind of hell hole.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Mr Chips posted:

Shoot them in the knee with AWP for guaranteed kill

If you could use American White People as bullets I'd be a lot more pro gun than I am right now.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Are the Greens a Neo-Geo?

The Greens are Steam gaming on a *nix machine. You can't handle that poo poo.

• Locked thread